THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 03:15
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: Fallout 3  (Read 372037 times)

OneoftheLost

• Not quite a lurker
  • Wandering Gentleman
Re: Fallout 3
« Reply #450 on: 05 Nov 2008, 08:45 »

Ok, Ok. So who picked the game up several days ago? Yeah... that would be me. You all can't comprehend how long I have been waiting for this silly video game.

I havn't made it too far and have honestly spent more time exploring then actually doing missions. My thing with the game is that its....thoughtful? What I mean to say, is that lets say you come play this game after spending an astonishing amount of hours playing Oblivion. There I had journal entries and the like to lead me on. In fallout 3, there is very little hand holding. For instance, I'm on the mission labeled "Blood Ties" Sure they give me location, but they fail to include the part where everyone and their mother is nothing short of six levels above me. So I tend to go through stims like crazy.

Anyway, I really like it. My question to you PC using fellows, is what would you like to see come out of the whole modding scene? I myself use a 360, however I was part of the Oblivion, Morrowind modding scene for a while, and a huge variety of great mods came out, I'm just curious to see what people would like.
Carpe Diem

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer
« Reply #451 on: 05 Nov 2008, 09:01 »

I think it would be cool to see random family-sized bunkers around with a handful of supplies or something, or one that you could even inhabit.  Also a few more enemy types and home-made weapons.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties
« Reply #452 on: 05 Nov 2008, 09:37 »

Assuming that an SDK is eventually released that is en-par with Oblivion's Creation Set, it wouldn't be a stretch to see new settlements pop up across the wasteland, albeit without any particularly interesting characters to accompany them.

I've already started work making the PC version more hardcore, since I found vanilla was a little too easy. I can only do very limited work on the all.SPAWN right now, but I've already added constant radiation to the wasteland, made all food much more unhealthy, increased the likelihood of weapon reloads to "jam", decreased the condition of all found weapons, and made both alcohol and power armor behave a little more like STALKER.
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #453 on: 05 Nov 2008, 10:22 »

i just released a gang of feral ghouls into Tenpenny Tower.

it was a blood bath.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • oh hi
« Reply #454 on: 05 Nov 2008, 10:30 »

I like the ghouls in this game.  They're so misunderstood it's kind of... weirdly cute.  I hear the ghoul ally you can get is almost as good as the Super Mutant or Clover, so I may go with him if my "Operation: liberate all females" ends with Clover saying "Hey, since you're not Evil anymore, you shouldn't want me, since I'm technically your slave".

Also, damn this game for making the vampires SYMPATHETIC.  Christ!  I was all ready to get Blade on their asses and steal the leader's cool trenchcoat, but after convincing the kid to leave their cult, I ended up "learning their ways" (since there's no downside to the perk and they're not real vampires anyway) and forging a pact between them and Arefu that made everyone all jolly.

12 hours in and the game keeps getting better.  What the hell, Bethesda?  Did you fire all your shitty writers?
Man, this thread really makes me want to suck some cock.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #455 on: 05 Nov 2008, 10:39 »

yeah, the ghouls have been some of my favorite characters so far.

well, the ghouls and then the Republic of Dave because those guys are just so delusional that it's kind of endearing.
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

ackblom12

« Reply #456 on: 05 Nov 2008, 10:46 »

Don't get me wrong, i really really like this game a lot, but man i can't help but agree with KvP in thinking that this is gonna have very little replay value.

I am also of the belief that not allowing you to target in VATs with melee was a huge mistake. It would just be so much more fun with it.

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #457 on: 05 Nov 2008, 10:49 »

I definitely think I'll want to play this all the way through at least twice, which is what, 100 hours of gameplay or so?

Definitely worth 60 of my American dollars.

ackblom12

« Reply #458 on: 05 Nov 2008, 10:54 »

Worth the money? l'd agree with that as I'm thouroughly enjoying myself. But I doubt it will be like the earlier games where i still enjoy playing through them 10 - 12 years after release. It does give me a lot of hope concerning the direction they are taking with the franchise though and I am looking forward to seeing what they do with it.

Also, just to give an opinion about an earlier point, i see no reason why I would feel stupid for doubting Bethesda's ability to make this game decent considering my opinion about Oblivion.

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #459 on: 05 Nov 2008, 10:58 »

For me it was never about "will this game be decent" - with such high production value, it had to end up at least moderately entertaining - but "will it justify being Fallout 3 instead of some other name" and the answer is a most definite "yes".  I almost wonder if they secretly consulted with Brian Fargo.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #460 on: 05 Nov 2008, 19:25 »

That was one of my chief beefs in Oblivion.  How the fuck do they know it was you?

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #461 on: 05 Nov 2008, 19:33 »

The gods were watching o_0.  That's the way I explained it to myself.  If the gods can see me, then they can probably also tell people what I did.  The reason I know they saw me is cuz they wouldn't let me heal at their shrines if I killed too many people.
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Melodic

• archive chin panties
« Reply #462 on: 05 Nov 2008, 23:27 »

Just finished my first play-through, and I found the ending to be a mix of a lot of things. It was both climactic and anticlimactic, a fitting end and an absolutely terrible cut-off point for the game.

Major spoilers below!

I'm a little disappointed that, after having invested a whole fuckton of work into my character, I'm killed off at the end. I didn't really expect to be able to keep playing after the final mission, but everything leading up activating Purity was so awesome in scale that I was really expecting something cool to happen inside instead of "kill colonel, make a good/evil decision, die". I had it all: a house, a fucking wardrobe, and a metric ton of caps. My dude got fucked every which way for the last hour or two of gaming! First my dad dies, then I get captured by the Enclave, escape only to find out that the vault is fucked up. Save everyone there, and they lock me out forever as a thank-you, then I go and off myself to save the fucking world.

I suppose it's a compliment in saying that I was so invested in my character that I didn't want the game to end, but... dammit.

And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

Stryc9Fuego

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Qualified Awesomeologist
« Reply #463 on: 06 Nov 2008, 05:04 »

IMO I think it's less that the Gods told them and more that it's a community consisting of 12 assholes and a sack of cans. You walk into town and do a murder act, they can do the math: 12+1-1=THE NEW GUY'S A MURDERING BASTARD!

Anyone try Oblivion cheats in the PC version? The lockpicks and gold cheat codes will net you bobby pins and caps.

What's your favorite clothes? I kinda like the Merc Adventurer Outfit (red suit with a sash of pouches across the front).

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #464 on: 06 Nov 2008, 07:21 »

Maybe he's just quick to jump to conclusions?

Stryc9Fuego

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #465 on: 06 Nov 2008, 10:26 »

Maybe there's blood on your clothes, or guilt in your eyes. Who knows.

The technical way it works is obvious; you killed a member of that faction, tagging the entire faction as hostile.

What would really bake your noodle is that given a couple of days, they're supposed to stop being hostile to you. Guess they are too busy to remember a little thing like murder...

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #466 on: 06 Nov 2008, 12:04 »

Oh man, fuck the entire DC ruins areas.  I fucking hate tunnel-mazes, even if they're mostly linear.  I'm glad I did so much other stuff before trying to find GNC; granted, I made a lot of money - enough to buy the home Med Station, which is awesome for saving money on rad poisoning - but still, God I just kept being all "OH COME ON WHEN WILL THIS SHIT BE OVER", especially when there was a damn Super Mutant with a missile launcher around pretty much every corner.  I think Dogmeat is way more of a pain to keep alive than an asset, at least in that scenario.  Does he level up with you, or should I just leave him in my house whenever I'm doing something major like that?

Also, FUCK that boss fight.  Seriously.  When I got there, for some reason all the Brotherhood of Steel guys were already dead and I didn't have the time or brains to look for the dead one that has the free Fat Boy and 6 Mini-Nukes, so I had to take him out by plinking away at his face with the .44 Magnum (which seems to do the most damage for how fast it fires) and then ducking into the building, shooting his kneecaps a couple times, rinse, repeat, and it took me around 20 fucking tries because of getting stuck against the wall and whoops, I'm splatted.  I'm HOPING he was so tough because I did it at level 8 instead of earlier and that scaled his level higher than it should be (I mean, Christ, it's the first real story mission in the game, surely a lot of people did it at really low levels).

So yeah, I finally found something to complain about.  Now I can't decide if I want to bother with the radio dish right now.

Seductivpancakes

« Reply #467 on: 06 Nov 2008, 12:28 »

I don't think Dogmeat levels up with you, but you can let him die or go to your house and tell him stay put. I told him stay at the house for a couple of quests where I thought it would be a hassle to bring him along.

messeduplilkid

• Larger than most fish
    • TheRoarer.
« Reply #468 on: 06 Nov 2008, 12:30 »

^^^^^^

Jackie I can definitely relate. To be honest, once you finish up that part just spend some time north and west exploring to cool off, then fast travel back. Don't spend to much time doing it otherwise you end up crazy and frustrated.

I spent a LONG time trying to find the pentagon before I was allowed in. I used google maps in conjunction to the map in game and it was really difficult process of trying to find routes around the devastation. It got to the point where it was more frustrating then exciting to go explore... esspecially when those god damn ghouls dimensional door right behind you and your radar doesn't so much as wink at the idea that something is approaching... Next time I play through I'm maxing out my agility and perception, I can fast travel to megaton and sell things I don't need a high strength.

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #469 on: 06 Nov 2008, 12:38 »

The radio dish is pretty easy. Reall,y it just sounds like you had bad luck with a bug on the BoS dudes being dead. Even when the giant motherfucker "kills" them they're only knocked unconcious and wake up after a few seconds to fight on.

Nope, these guys are dead and stayed that way.  I even looted their bodies for Power Armor so I can repair it easier when I finally get my own.

As far as I can tell, in fact, they were dead way before I got there, because when I got there there was a gang of Supers with a Master Mutant waiting.  If I triggered the Big Guy, they'd fight him a little and die, depriving me of XP.

I assume all of this is because I found Ms. Li on my own and therefore "completed" the quest before actually going there.

Oh, and I tried the Mirelurk nest and JESUS FUCK THAT NOISE.  It seems like it will take either reading spoilers or a ton of experimenting to finish it without killing any of them, and I'm really trying for 100% (or close to it) on the Wasteland Survival Guide.

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #470 on: 06 Nov 2008, 12:42 »

Nah, if you use a Stealth Boy, you can get almost to the sacs without it wearing off.  When it does, just run like hell.  That's how I did it.  Then I went back afterwards and slaughtered them all, including the King.

CamusCanDo

• Curry sauce
« Reply #471 on: 06 Nov 2008, 12:44 »

I don't think Dogmeat levels up with you, but you can let him die or go to your house and tell him stay put. I told him stay at the house for a couple of quests where I thought it would be a hassle to bring him along.

I ended up having to fire Charon from his services because he kept taking my kills/exp. I didn't realize you could get other companions, how many more are there and can you have more than one at a time?

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #472 on: 06 Nov 2008, 12:54 »

There are 8 companions.  Some care if you're Evil or Good.  You can have Dogmeat and one of the others, max.  I hear there's also a sidequest where you get 2 "temp" companions that you can keep as long as you don't go back and finish the quest, so I suppose the max "party" limit is 5, including yourself.

In my experience it's more useful than not to have Dogmeat around so he can take out things like Radroaches and Molerats, and maybe I'm on drugs (actually I'm not at the moment) but I'm pretty sure you get XP for things they kill for you.  I was wandering around DC at one point and Dogmeat was off fighting something, and all of a sudden I leveled up.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #473 on: 06 Nov 2008, 13:03 »

man i never even went to the radio station.

i didn't think doing sidequests and exploring would effect the main quest so i tried do as much other stuff as i could before tackling the main story line but at some point i accidentally got some information that rendered going to the radio station pointless and moved me on to the next part of the story. oh well.

Harun

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #474 on: 06 Nov 2008, 20:05 »

should I be playing this game?

yes/no

Melodic

• archive chin panties
« Reply #475 on: 06 Nov 2008, 21:58 »

y

Vidya

• Plantmonster
« Reply #476 on: 06 Nov 2008, 22:06 »

should I be playing this game?

yes/no

That really depends. It's in a completely different vein than Fallout 1 and 2, so if you played those and want the same gameplay style, you'll be disappointed.
It's really more along the lines of a better version of Oblivion. It's better because of all the little stuff.

For instance, if you go into Minefield, that one sniper who shoots at you and has a name? When you kill him, and go to his spot there are crutches and a brace. In the same town there's a house and inside you'll find two adult skeletons, but in the child's room there's no skeleton, only crutches and a brace.

Another instance is when I was exploring and came across a radio tower. After I repaired it I got a signal and man's voice came over the radio begging for help, that his son was sick and he was located in a drainage ditch nearby. I go expecting some sidequest where I have to find medicine for his son and instead find two skeletons, one adult sized, and one child sized, huddled together on a bed. ;_;

And in Springvale Elementary School, there's a cage in one of the rooms with child sized skeletons and bloody handprints on the wall.

Oh yeah, the game's fuckin' sad.

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #477 on: 07 Nov 2008, 16:14 »

Eh, I don't really find it that sad, no more than the first two or Wasteland.  There are just about as many little touches and dialogues that are funny as there are that are sad, which is one reason it's very true to the Fallout universe in tone.

And the gameplay isn't completely different, it's just that the combat sort of is.  The freedom to explore, use of most skills, types of quests, etc. are all pretty much like the first two.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #478 on: 07 Nov 2008, 16:23 »

speaking of funny vs. sad:

anybody else read the 911 trasnscripts on the computers in the Police Station? one is scary/sad, one is sort of heartwarming, and the third is fucking hilarious.

good stuff.

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #479 on: 07 Nov 2008, 16:24 »

Yeah, Moira is a compelling reason to blow the whole town up.

But she gives you nice things.

Bitch never has any good ammo, though.   :x

Be My Head

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
« Reply #480 on: 07 Nov 2008, 16:36 »

A cool way to get lots of free stuff is to go into the slaver town (I for get what its called) and kill all of them, you get XP for freeing the slaves too.

Also, I agree about DC, too many fucking mutants with chainguns.

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #481 on: 07 Nov 2008, 17:51 »

Man, I feel really stupid.  Remember my earlier FUCK THE MIRELURK QUEST?  Turns out that the time I tried it, I went very far in the completely wrong way and found some refigerator with a door behind it that said "the switch is somewhere else" and loaded my save because this one Mirelurk was on my ass.

So I tried it again with the one Sneak Boy I had (I hadn't been to the Museum yet) and this time found out that the place you need to go is like ten feet from the entrance.   :-D

Vidya

• Plantmonster
« Reply #482 on: 07 Nov 2008, 21:03 »

Am I the only one who wants to falcon punch Moira with a power fist? mother fucker, she is so unfunny and the voice acting is so bad and AARRGH SMASH YER FUCKIN' FACE IN, LADY.

I blew the town up because of her.

So guess what happened? That's right! She survives!

Then later I do that second quest for vault 101. Try to kick me out bitch? not gonna happen.

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq252/brofist/1226130927826.jpg

what the hell are you even talking about -JC
« Last Edit: 09 Nov 2008, 18:41 by Johnny C »

Spike

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #483 on: 08 Nov 2008, 00:34 »

Man, I feel really stupid.  Remember my earlier FUCK THE MIRELURK QUEST?  Turns out that the time I tried it, I went very far in the completely wrong way and found some refigerator with a door behind it that said "the switch is somewhere else" and loaded my save because this one Mirelurk was on my ass.

So I tried it again with the one Sneak Boy I had (I hadn't been to the Museum yet) and this time found out that the place you need to go is like ten feet from the entrance.   :-D

I pretty much did the same thing. Which entrance did you use to get into the memorial, the unlocked door or the locked door?
Quote from: Joe Salton, a spam bot
I have seen all Internet.
Do or die, guys!

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #484 on: 08 Nov 2008, 08:17 »

GAH DID YOU HAVE TO POST A PICTURE GODDAMMIT  NOW I KNOW MY HIGH SCHOOL CRUSH IS A CORPSE BESIDES THAT WASN'T MOIRA ANYWAYS

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #485 on: 08 Nov 2008, 09:37 »

I pretty much did the same thing. Which entrance did you use to get into the memorial, the unlocked door or the locked door?

Both times I used the unlocked side door, down by the water.  I didn't even notice a second door.

How far along the main story quest do I have to go to get Star Cross or whatever her name is?  Jericho won't join me because I'm not Evil and I have decided against my plan to "pretend" to be Evil so I can infiltrate Paradise Falls and liberate Clover.  I guess I could just get Charon, but I haven't been to Ghoultown yet.

Also, this is stupid.  I went to Arefu after resolving their little vampire problem.  I went in the house of the crazy lady and the repairman, looking for the Repair bobblehead because I knew it was in one of those houses.  Anyway, when I left their house suddenly they were outside of it and the whole town started shooting at me!  Well, I won't stand for that, so I killed them.  Next time I went to Arefu, the woman that first gave me the quest was all "I heard about your little killing spree in Arefu, dirtbag".  WHAT?  IT WAS SELF DEFENSE!  I didn't even get "you have lost Karma" when I shot the people who were shooting at me.

Stupid glitches.

Melodic

• archive chin panties
« Reply #486 on: 08 Nov 2008, 10:14 »

Don't be an idiot about spoilers. And for the love of god don't post pictures the size of the page about one of the key parts of the game.

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #487 on: 08 Nov 2008, 10:48 »

Text spoilers I can take, especially seeing as this is a game that does not give everyone the same experience.  It's usually pretty easy to tell if they're talking about the story quest, so I can skip to the next post. 

Man, I expected that to happen, but I didn't want to find out like this.  At least say above the picture that it is a spoiler picture.  I assumed it was just a dead vault dweller, went ahead and looked, and punched myself in the nuts out of anger.

OneoftheLost

• Not quite a lurker
  • Wandering Gentleman
« Reply #488 on: 08 Nov 2008, 11:25 »

Honestly, Ive stopped playing. Not out of anything wrong with the game per se' (is that even how the word goes?) Mainly, the more I play, the more I wish I was playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (With the proper mods of course.) I just found the latter more interesting. After playing the first two games, and the Brotherhood of Steel (xbox) I'm getting real sick of the kill mutants, work for the Brotherhood, and the like. Don't get me wrong, its an amazing game.... but when I spend the majority of my time exploring with the radio on... the hook is pretty much gone. Speaking of the Radio, Fallout 3 has pretty much made me hunt down the songs on Galaxy Radio.

Butcher Pete, Maybe, Way Back Home, Anything Goes.

Classics. (Yes, my exposure to 40's-50's music is ....limited.)
Carpe Diem

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #489 on: 08 Nov 2008, 11:26 »

Since there don't seem to be random respawns, another thing you can do (if you're replaying the game, of course) is go in and kill all the mirelurks before you take the quest, that way you get all their XP and still complete the bonus objective without using any special tactics. Just walk in and plant it.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Felrender

• Curry sauce
  • Hi there!
« Reply #490 on: 08 Nov 2008, 14:20 »

My Unarmed character is going well.  I noticed that Endurance boosts both Unarmed and Big Guns, so I'm now lugging around the minigun from the Hubris Comics place (anybody short on caps, go there now.  The Beta Testing area is loaded with the things.  And it also has a Grognak Text-based game.) 

I specced into explosives as well, in case I ran into some stuff that I couldn't A) Punch to death or B) Fill with 5mm rounds.  And for disarming traps.  Actually, alot of my focuses seem to revolve around breaking down traps and locked stuff and selling it.  Playing unarmed nets you so much cash.

Melodic

• archive chin panties
« Reply #491 on: 08 Nov 2008, 14:25 »

I've rerolled with a more streamlined character. Low STR, END, LUC, med PER, high INT, CHAR, AG. Spec'd into Small Guns, Repair, and Speech with high Lockpick and Science for traps. Taking (more of) my time.

Felrender

• Curry sauce
  • Hi there!
« Reply #492 on: 08 Nov 2008, 14:35 »

I'm going to put a lot more thought into my perks this time around.  I mean, Mysteriosu Stranger is cool and all, does he really show up enough to be worth it?

I am definitely putting a point into Animal Friend, though.  Should make traveling the Wastes a bit easier.

Spike

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #493 on: 08 Nov 2008, 15:24 »

I'm not impressed with mysterious stranger.  I kind of wish I had a save from before when I picked it up, but I don't.
Quote from: Joe Salton, a spam bot
I have seen all Internet.
Do or die, guys!

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #494 on: 08 Nov 2008, 18:37 »

I've rerolled with a more streamlined character. Low STR, END, LUC, med PER, high INT, CHAR, AG. Spec'd into Small Guns, Repair, and Speech with high Lockpick and Science for traps. Taking (more of) my time.

That's basically exactly my character.  I used a few Intense Trainings to get INT max'd early and Strength to where I could carry more than my pitiful 3 Str had let me, but Endurance doesn't seem to be very necessary for a non-melee character.

And even with a  in Luck I get tons of criticals, so I think that stat is pretty much bunk.

Melodic

• archive chin panties
« Reply #495 on: 08 Nov 2008, 18:42 »

Luck is definitely the throw-away trait of Fallout 3. It wasn't so useless in 1 & 2, but it certainly doesn't do much now. A 1 in END and LUCK seems like it wouldn't be terrible.

A 5 in STR nets you 200 lb. carry weight, which isn't terrible. Add the Strong Back perk (+50 lb.) and the standard Brotherhood Power Armor (+30) and you can carry a shit-ton of guns and armor. Keeping in mind you can dump any useless merch at your house in Megaton, 5 seems plenty.

PS: I took one look at that control panel and figured it out. If you needed a hint, there is a special note in the DATA section of the Pip-Boy for Revelations.

Stryc9Fuego

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #496 on: 12 Nov 2008, 08:33 »

ENDGAME SPOILERS:

My favorite part of the endgame was Liberty Prime. He's got some great quotes:

OBSTRUCTION DETECTED
Composition:
Titanium alloy supplemented by photonic resonance barrier.
Probability of mission hindrance:
ZERO PERCENT

EDIT: I forgot to put a spoiler tag on that.
« Last Edit: 12 Nov 2008, 11:58 by Stryc9Fuego »

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #497 on: 13 Nov 2008, 15:10 »

I just got the Finesse perk.  It says it is "equivalent to 5 points of Luck" for scoring criticals.

Every single shot I make is a critical now.

Stryc9Fuego

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #498 on: 14 Nov 2008, 05:30 »

Yeah. Finesse is a nice perk. It's one of the more useful ones.

A CHALLENGE!
Find a more useless perk than Fast Learner. Yeah, it gives you a few more XP so you level faster, but once you reach 20, you'll wish you had one that gave a stat boost.

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #499 on: 14 Nov 2008, 11:31 »

I'm nearly level 11 and haven't even explored outside the lower right-hand corner of the map.

Reilly's Rangers is a really fun quest.

This has got to be the game of the year.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18   Go Up