THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 09:02
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Down

Author Topic: Fallout 3  (Read 374567 times)

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
Re: Fallout 3
« Reply #700 on: 10 Jan 2009, 14:05 »

Yo, I finally got Fallout 3, AND Left 4 Dead, so I am going through them both now and having a fuckin' ball!!! hooray.

Its funny, I always play through games as a good character first, then if I feel like replaying I play as a bad character.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #701 on: 10 Jan 2009, 16:30 »

I killed all the adults in Republic of Dave, i didnt get any "bad moments". Trying to hit the level cap at the moment, i'm level 18
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Scarychips

• Scrabble hacker
  • Wwaahhhhhh
« Reply #702 on: 12 Jan 2009, 20:59 »

So, I finally picked it up and Wow. I just got out of the Vault 101 and really it's impressive. Can't wait to continue tomorrow.
Sometimes I look at Achewood archives while listening to Spoon.

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #703 on: 13 Jan 2009, 05:37 »

I played through it. Just recently. It was awesome. I'm not going to bother to explore everything yet, I'll wait for the last expansion pack. It's supposed to add stuff to the MQ, and I want to have a play-through were I don't sell off the 20 first bottles of Nuka-Cola Quantum I find. And pick up all pre-war books.

*spoiler*
Was I the only one that thought that the  President has a bit too short story line? I was able to tell him that he ought to perform suicide because he wasn't built to be self-conscious, although nobody had ever told me that. It was like, meet the leader of the enclave, talk for two secs, and leave the exploding place behind. I never understood why the enclave guys started fighting each other in the beginning anyways. Somebody that knows?
*spoiler*
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #704 on: 13 Jan 2009, 11:04 »

I killed all the adults in Republic of Dave, i didnt get any "bad moments". Trying to hit the level cap at the moment, i'm level 18

I killed all of the adults in the Republic of Dave because he wouldn't give me the goddamn quest item that he has. that was my only real killing spree so far.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #705 on: 13 Jan 2009, 11:08 »

that quest where you have to collect all those keys is pretty hard not to fuck up.

i was playing as a good guy so after i colllected all the keys without killing anyone, i killed the ghoul who wanted them but for some reason it didn't count it, so that quest is totally borked and unfinishable. which sucks because i hate loose ends like that.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

AngelofShadows

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • One body.....one mind.
« Reply #706 on: 13 Jan 2009, 11:24 »

I hate the ending. Also, I beat the game and never got a dog.

I wanted the fucking dog. Where did I mess up?

Also, I accidently opened the door to the armory in Megaton, and all hell broke loose. I didn't take anything, I just opened the door, went in, then went out. The entire fucking town went on a "Fuck him with bullets" spree. And I was a fucking good character.
There are some basic rules to remember when cosplaying.
   1. If you're a hot Asian chick you can wear whatever you want and say it's whatever you want. Lingerie and some Pikachu ears are totally a legitimate costume.
   2. Everyone else needs to GTFO.

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #707 on: 13 Jan 2009, 11:30 »

You may have accidentally killed him, not saved him, or just missed him completely.  I did one of the first two.  Still don't know which one.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #708 on: 13 Jan 2009, 11:43 »

that quest where you have to collect all those keys is pretty hard not to fuck up.

i was playing as a good guy so after i colllected all the keys without killing anyone, i killed the ghoul who wanted them but for some reason it didn't count it, so that quest is totally borked and unfinishable. which sucks because i hate loose ends like that.

I finished that quest, then stole the keys from him afterwards and didn't lose Karma. But that quest was so morally gray along with the tenpenny tower quest (I did the keys quest before it and so tenpenny was dead and I couldn't choose the nonviolent option to finish it) brought me from like the ultimate good character to a nearly exactly neutral one. Took me a bit to work my way up to good again before level 14 (I'm trying to get the good/neutral/evil achievements in groups rather than get one here, the other there, etc.)

Spike

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #709 on: 13 Jan 2009, 14:27 »

You can still finish it, those keys belong to certain doors.
Quote from: Joe Salton, a spam bot
I have seen all Internet.
Do or die, guys!

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #710 on: 13 Jan 2009, 14:31 »

oh yeah!

i totally did finish that quest eventually. it was just frozen in my quest log at a certain point for a long time until i got that armor or whatever it was.
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties
« Reply #711 on: 13 Jan 2009, 15:41 »

It was certainly one of the more broken quests in the game. The Republic of Dave election is borked, as well. And the Tenpenny Tower zombification never goes over too well.
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #712 on: 13 Jan 2009, 17:39 »

Really? I've never had a problem with it.  Doing the nuka-cola collection is really annoying.

Mein Tumblr

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #713 on: 13 Jan 2009, 20:32 »

I've replayed this, and...nuking Megaton was actually a hell of a lot of fun. Of course, after I did that and got my reward, I blew off the heads of Burke and Tenpenny.
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #714 on: 13 Jan 2009, 23:08 »

ATTENTION: BUG FIXES

Bug Fixes
Friends notification no longer causes the game to pause. (Playstation 3)
Fixed occasional crashes during loading and waiting.
Friendly or neutral NPC health bars, when taking damage, no longer flicker repeatedly.
Fixed issue where certain NPCs would occasionally disappear from the game.
Fixed issue where dead NPCs would occasionally come back to life.
Fixed rendering issue with the Gatling Laser gun's tracers.
Fixed issue where the haircut menu would occasionally not appear properly.
Added ability to remap your VATS and pip boy buttons.
Fixed rare load/save issues that would cause NPCs to behave incorrectly.
Fixed issue where quest objectives would occasionally not update properly due to talking activators,intercoms and conversations.
Using Radaway from the Pip-Boy's Status Menu repeatedly no longer crashes the game.
Player no longer gets stuck in level up menu if their skills are maxed out.
Fixed issue where multiple followers would occasionally not load into an interior.
Fixed rare issue with getting stuck in VATS mode.
Fixed rare crash with fighting NPCs with corrupted data.
In game radios will now play properly if player was listening to the radio in the Pip-Boy first. (Playstation 3)
Fixed rare crashes while loading and saving games.
Fixed rare issue where player would fall through the floor while in VATS.
Fixed occasional crash after scoring a critical hit in the head with a Railway Rifle.
Prevent NPCs from inadvertently dying from falling.
Fixed occasional issue where the controller would stop working properly.
Fixed crashes related to repeatedly equipping and dropping clothing and armor into the world.

Quest Fixes
Fixed several instances where quest item stayed in inventory permanently after completing quests.
Fixed an issue where the distress message would occasionally not play in Trouble on the Homefront.
In The Waters of Life quest, the Citadel gate will open properly if the player fast travels away after exiting the Taft Tunnels but before reaching the Citadel gate with Doctor Li.
For the Home Sweet Home quest, the broken protectrons in Big Town become active at the proper time.
In The American Dream quest, fixed specific issue which prevented the player from accessing their belongings in the locker by the door if they left the room first.
Fixed infinite caps exploit in Strictly Business quest.
Fixed rare instance where Dad would have no valid dialogue during The Waters of Life quest.
Prevent issue during the Finding the Garden of Eden quest where player would fade to black, instead of traveling to Raven Rock, while in combat with a follower.
Fixed several XP speech exploits with certain NPCs.
Fixed XP exploit with a robot in Fort Bannister.
Fixed issue where player's controls can become locked permanently during The American Dream.

Still To Be Fixed
Character AI occasionally switches over to AI from Goldeneye 64, which was used as a placeholder during development.
Remove references to "hydraulics" and "subs," as the ability to drive was cut from the final product.
Characters with non-white skin tones told they "aren't allowed" in Moriarty's, making the quest to blow up Megaton inaccessible.
Subtitles read "that no-good whore" whenever your father references your mother. (Playstation 3)
Certain NPCs can detach limbs at will.
Player controls are locked whenever a Mirelurk or Giant Radscorpion attacks. (Playstation 3)
You can drink all the Nuka-Cola you want and not get diabetes.
Remove references to post-game events since you can't play after the completion of the main quest.
Remove sudden musical number welcoming you to Little Lamplight.
Whenever the game decides you died in a really fucked up and lame way this plays.
« Last Edit: 14 Jan 2009, 11:02 by Johnny C »
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

deadplayer

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #715 on: 14 Jan 2009, 00:45 »

I have tried it, a cool game.

Melodic

• archive chin panties
« Reply #716 on: 14 Jan 2009, 08:57 »

What patch is this buglist from, JC?
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #717 on: 14 Jan 2009, 09:23 »

I think they just released it, at least for consoles.
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #718 on: 14 Jan 2009, 18:05 »

Still To Be Fixed
Character AI occasionally switches over to AI from Goldeneye 64, which was used as a placeholder during development.
Remove references to "hydraulics" and "subs," as the ability to drive was cut from the final product.
Characters with non-white skin tones told they "aren't allowed" in Moriarty's, making the quest to blow up Megaton inaccessible.
Subtitles read "that no-good whore" whenever your father references your mother. (Playstation 3)
Certain NPCs can detach limbs at will.
Player controls are locked whenever a Mirelurk or Giant Radscorpion attacks. (Playstation 3)
You can drink all the Nuka-Cola you want and not get diabetes.
Remove references to post-game events since you can't play after the completion of the main quest.
Remove sudden musical number welcoming you to Little Lamplight.
Whenever the game decides you died in a really fucked up and lame way this plays.

Okay, this section, you wrote that didn't you Johnny?

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #719 on: 14 Jan 2009, 19:39 »

Could be!
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

Darke

• Furry furrier
« Reply #720 on: 16 Jan 2009, 20:08 »

I've replayed this, and...nuking Megaton was actually a hell of a lot of fun.
Hell yes. That was probably my favourite game moment of 2008.
There is no true love, just a finely tuned jealousy.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #721 on: 28 Jan 2009, 15:00 »

anybody played the new content yet? hmm?

i haven't gotten it yet because i'm going to be moving into a new house on the first and need the money for rent but i intend to get it as soon as possible.

so who's played it? thoughts?

Melodic

• archive chin panties
« Reply #722 on: 28 Jan 2009, 15:42 »

It's out already? What the fuuuckkkkk

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #723 on: 28 Jan 2009, 15:43 »

The word around is that it is not terribly good, there's not a lot of self-aware humor ala Tranquility Lane, and it's fairly linear in the way it's mapped out.

We'll see once I actually find time to play video games again.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #724 on: 28 Jan 2009, 16:03 »

hahaha oh man how is that already your sig.

you, sir, are a quick one.

MadassAlex

• Bling blang blong blung
  • "Tasteful"?
« Reply #725 on: 28 Jan 2009, 16:34 »

Basically, it's Call of Duty with Fallout 3 graphics. Ridiculously linear and squad-based. The setting is very cool, and the visual aspect is very, very good, but the gameplay, well, it sucks.

You say that like Call of Duty sucks.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #726 on: 28 Jan 2009, 16:53 »

Oh hell, I actually have to use my Windows Live.

Mein Tumblr

MadassAlex

• "Tasteful"?
« Reply #727 on: 28 Jan 2009, 17:41 »

When you want Fallout, then yeah, the CoD gameplay does suck. CoD is good in its own aspects, but it is really really linear, which isn't what I want from Fallout games.

Well, that's map design and not gameplay, isn't it?

Imagine the design and options of FO3 with the combat flexibility of CoD4. Delicious.

MadassAlex

• "Tasteful"?
« Reply #728 on: 28 Jan 2009, 22:05 »

That's correct. Ergo, if you gave a game with the movement and combat flexibility of CoD4 and the map design of FO3, you'd have a very interesting game indeed.

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
  • Standing proudly behind unpopular opinions
« Reply #729 on: 28 Jan 2009, 22:12 »

Yes but I think you have them reversed.  It will be the combat 'flexibility' of FO3 and the map design of CoD4.  Sounds to me to be the weaker halves of both wholes.
"In this zero sum game everything given to another, reduces me"

MadassAlex

• "Tasteful"?
« Reply #730 on: 28 Jan 2009, 22:17 »

Yeah, I was talking hypothetically. I can see why this set up in the expansion is a weak one.

Johnny C

• Mentat
« Reply #731 on: 30 Jan 2009, 00:23 »

WHY IS MY XBOX STILL BROKEN I WANT TO FIGHT IN A FUTURISTIC ALASKA >:( >:( >:(

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #732 on: 30 Jan 2009, 01:16 »

How can it be anything close to a good idea to buy this now, instead of in half a year when all the expansion packs are out and we get a pack with all of them for half the price?

I played through the game rather roughly, and now I'm content to sit on my ass and wait until all the packs are out, and roll a new character. Which will be great, since that'll allow me to pick up all nuka cola, scrap metal, pre-war books and so on. And I will use the custom weapons, because the other ones just got boring. And I can roll a character with a maxed intelligence that can get me all skills to full.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #733 on: 30 Jan 2009, 06:29 »

I will say that despite being pretty linear, I'm still having quite a bit of fun with it.  Some of the character animations they made for this I didn't think were really possible given the stiffness of the models in all of their other games.  Like, a few of them were on par with some of Valve's stuff.  And I'm only an hour and a half or so in to it.

NotAFanOfFenders

• The German Chancellory building
  • even furrier
« Reply #734 on: 30 Jan 2009, 09:34 »

Will the expansion change anything in the Capital Wasteland?
just wondering.

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #735 on: 30 Jan 2009, 10:10 »

It may have added something in inner DC, where the quest starts, but I hadn't been there before the DLC, so I don't know.  A few new characters are there, but I don't know how much sway they have over events outside of the DLC.

Also, has anyone summoned down a tactical strike from one of the SATCOM arrays?  That was pretty cool.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #736 on: 30 Jan 2009, 10:13 »

yeah, i did.

but it was kind of a waste since i didn't know what i was doing so i just dropped it randomly. it was definitely badass though.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #737 on: 19 Feb 2009, 23:14 »

New images from "The Pitt", the new Pittsburgh-centric xpac due next month.

I'm liking it.
I review, sometimes.
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #738 on: 20 Feb 2009, 17:28 »

Wait, is that a wheel turned into a buzzsaw of death?

Spluff

• it is time to party
« Reply #739 on: 20 Feb 2009, 18:04 »

Looks very Hellgate London-esque.
[16:27] Ozy:  has joined the room
[16:27] Quietus: porn necklace!
[16:27] Quietus: Shove it up yer vag!
[16:27] Ozy: has left the room

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #740 on: 20 Feb 2009, 20:31 »

I hope they make it easier to get for PC players.

Mein Tumblr

Felrender

• Curry sauce
  • Hi there!
« Reply #741 on: 20 Feb 2009, 20:35 »

Wait, is that a wheel turned into a buzzsaw of death?

Looks like a former industrial circular saw, turned into a wheel of death.

And I cannot WAIT to use it.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #742 on: 20 Feb 2009, 20:44 »

It's called the AutoAxe. Will it be as linear as Anchorage though? probably

Mein Tumblr

ledhendrix

• Vagina Manifesto
  • *poke*
« Reply #743 on: 20 Feb 2009, 20:48 »

I hope not, I really didn't like the way they basically made anchorage into another smaller game. I didn't like it that you could hardly react with the environment either, quite a disappointment really.
Get off my land

Johnny C

• Mentat
« Reply #744 on: 20 Feb 2009, 21:01 »

You're supposedly able to choose between factions in The Pitt, raiders and... some other group.

Felrender

• Curry sauce
  • Hi there!
« Reply #745 on: 20 Feb 2009, 21:54 »

You're supposedly able to choose between factions in The Pitt, raiders and... some other group.

Know the avearge "Choose your path" thing, it will be some sort of white-knighter-than-thou goup, if not the BoS themselves.

Johnny C

• Mentat
« Reply #746 on: 21 Feb 2009, 00:00 »

I'm not sure if that Hyper Axe or whatever is a Raider weapon. It looks like the main choice you get will be between "ugly" and "uglier."

Fluxuation

• Plantmonster
    • http://www.myspace.com/andrew87part2
« Reply #747 on: 23 Feb 2009, 10:49 »

So, I just got fallout3 a few days ago and have been playing it. It's pretty great. I'm still fairly in the beginning I believe... I blew up megaton, I killed the ghouls in the train station, and now I am currently looking for my dad in the news radio place (I forgot the name..) anyways, I cant seem to reach the location. I've been wandering around the general area for some time and have discovered a few locations but cant reach my destination. is there some other quests I should have done before? is there a certain path I should be taking?

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #748 on: 23 Feb 2009, 10:58 »

You have to head into one of the subway stations and take a walk through some old tunnels to get there first.  It should be marked on your map/Pipboy.

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #749 on: 23 Feb 2009, 11:56 »

Well, my 60 hour save got overwritten so I am going to be rushing through the main quest.  However, by the time that actually happens, the Broken Steel DLC should be out and I won't have to worry about being finished there.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Up