THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 11:14
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fallout 3  (Read 371939 times)

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
Re: Fallout 3
« Reply #850 on: 12 Jun 2009, 00:03 »

You know I can see that you're both the same person, right?

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #851 on: 12 Jun 2009, 00:19 »

Oh hey, he deleted all his posts.

Gimme a show of hands, should I move everything after say, my post starting "No, you combat it by not buying their shit." into the trash or leave it how it stands?

Delirium

• FIGHT YOU
  • WE CLEANSE OUR DESTINY
« Reply #852 on: 12 Jun 2009, 00:20 »

I truly apologize for my idiocy, not only to you all, but to myself. I was not exactly lucid, but still have only myself to blame. I embaressed not only myself, but also your forum, in the full view of the internet. I would be remiss to ask for forgiveness, but only submit myself to your judgement. You were right to say I was acting like a 12-year-old, because I was, in spirit. For this, again, I apologize. I have no further opinions to submit on the subject of torrents, corporations, capitalism, or otherwise. Except Fallout 3. It rocks, and was worth every cent.

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #853 on: 12 Jun 2009, 00:27 »

Win.

Uh Fallout 3, yeah. Go you, game.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #854 on: 12 Jun 2009, 08:24 »

I have to say, with the majority of the posts in that argument deleted, this thread became very surreal.

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties
« Reply #855 on: 12 Jun 2009, 15:14 »

This thread has become awesome now.
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #856 on: 12 Jun 2009, 15:18 »

It's now the "est and ozy badger an invisible man" thread.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #857 on: 12 Jun 2009, 15:21 »

Or perhaps "est and ozy yell at each other for no discernible reason because hey, aren't they essentially saying the same thing?"

Yayniall

• Bling blang blong blung
  • ◔ ◡ ◔
« Reply #858 on: 12 Jun 2009, 16:50 »

Oh my gosh now I'm curious what are your free games that are going to bring down EA please tell me
Epic burn.

This was my favourite part, it looked like Ozymandias made fun of est with his cutting remark and then backed himself up.

Delirium

• FIGHT YOU
  • WE CLEANSE OUR DESTINY
« Reply #859 on: 12 Jun 2009, 19:31 »

Holy shit I am so embaressed. Let this thread stand as an object lesson not to post whilst intoxicated. nothing good can come of it.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #860 on: 12 Jun 2009, 20:36 »

Oh my gosh now I'm curious what are your free games that are going to bring down EA please tell me
Epic burn.

This was my favourite part, it looked like Ozymandias made fun of est with his cutting remark and then backed himself up.

Yes this is awesome, don't balete anything.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #861 on: 13 Jun 2009, 14:40 »

Holy shit I am so embaressed. Let this thread stand as an object lesson not to post whilst intoxicated. nothing good can come of it.

Unless you're posting in the drunk thread!
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #862 on: 13 Jun 2009, 16:47 »

So I was in Target yesterday and I saw that they are now selling the first 3 fallout games for PC in a package together, Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout tactics. Worthy purchase?
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

ackblom12

« Reply #863 on: 13 Jun 2009, 16:53 »

Delirium

• FIGHT YOU
  • WE CLEANSE OUR DESTINY
« Reply #864 on: 13 Jun 2009, 22:51 »

So I was in Target yesterday and I saw that they are now selling the first 3 fallout games for PC in a package together, Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout tactics. Worthy purchase?
Only if you take Tactics and toss it in the garbage disposal. I'd rather shove my arm up a dead rhino's ass while giving Godzilla a blowjob than suffer one more second of it.

ackblom12

« Reply #865 on: 13 Jun 2009, 22:53 »

Meh, Tactics is a good game. It was disappointing if you are looking for the same things you can get from the first, but it was a good tactical squad game overall.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #866 on: 13 Jun 2009, 22:54 »

Seriously though, if you like tactical combat games, like Jagged Alliance and the like, you could do worse, provided you keep turn-based combat on.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #867 on: 14 Jun 2009, 11:47 »

"Real Time Settler" mod. Basically this allows you to build and run a small town, and govern it, protect it from raiders, etc. It looks pretty impressive given how far afield it is from normal F3 gameplay. There do seem to be some insurmountable issues with the engine though (for example, navmeshes can't be altered so villagers will attempt to walk through walls because they don't know there are walls)
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #868 on: 15 Dec 2009, 20:49 »

I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #869 on: 22 Dec 2009, 22:29 »

So I'm playing this FO3 PC mod called Wanderer's Edition and despite my skepticism at its ambition it actually works surprisingly well and fundamentally changes the way you play Fallout 3 (for the better in my estimation, but it's definitely a matter of taste). Pistols become useful, shotgun shells become precious resources, most of the skills become more useful and you can't specialize in more than a few, you're no longer invincible (you have to run and use tactics with most of the battles, and the dart gun becomes 1000x more useful), healing becomes tougher (there's an optional "triage" mod that requires you to have surgical tubing in order to apply stims to limbs), sprint and slo-mo add some tactical elements, and there's even a bit of variety added in PC backgrounds (I'm playing as a ghoul, which means feral ghouls are neutral to me and environmental radiation slowly heals me and reduces my rad count drastically, but there are other backgrounds that change up where you start, your starting equipment, bonus perks and modifiers to your skills, etc.) that really add something to the game up until the point at which you start the main questline and all of a sudden you're from Vault 101 (F3 being what it is, however, you can delay that for a long, long time)

It's actually one of the more successful full-game conversions I've played. There's a lot but most of it is actually optional. Most of you pricks probably play on consoles but there have to be a few of you who are sporting the PC plumage (Steve?)
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #870 on: 22 Dec 2009, 22:33 »

Looks awesome
« Last Edit: 22 Dec 2009, 22:37 by Zombiedude »
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties
« Reply #871 on: 22 Dec 2009, 23:46 »

Me, bitch. I play PC.

But Fallout 3 is sooo last year.
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

satsugaikaze

• Vagina Manifesto
  • I LOVE BELL PEPPERS.
« Reply #872 on: 23 Dec 2009, 06:31 »

Most of that sounds interesting, except I raised an eyebrow at the mention of weapon rebalances. As far as I'm concerned aside from the late-game occurrence of laser rifles being as common as Empty Soda Bottles the frequency of weaponry and ammo was pretty balanced. (and tbh I would think the Dart Gun is fine as it is, it only really had 2 purposes, both of which weren't really for killing)

I do like the idea of the character customisation opportunities, that sounds ace.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #873 on: 23 Dec 2009, 08:24 »

Most of that sounds interesting, except I raised an eyebrow at the mention of weapon rebalances. As far as I'm concerned aside from the late-game occurrence of laser rifles being as common as Empty Soda Bottles the frequency of weaponry and ammo was pretty balanced. (and tbh I would think the Dart Gun is fine as it is, it only really had 2 purposes, both of which weren't really for killing)
That part is probably down to taste, to be honest. Mainly what the rebalancing does is make keep you using pistols for significantly longer than you would in the vanilla game, since ammo becomes scarce enough that you have to build a reserve of ammo before breaking out automatic weapons. In general it just makes you switch between weapons more readily, as you have to assess whether an enemy is worth a shotgun shell, or if it's worth risking a melee attack (there's an optional mod that alters how much damage you can take in VATS).
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Caleb

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Dewey Decimal Vessel.
    • Blog
« Reply #874 on: 23 Dec 2009, 10:33 »

Fallout 3 Game of the Year edition is on sale for 29.99 at Best Buy now...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Fallout+3%3A+Game+of+the+Year+Edition+-+Windows/9554154.p?id=1218123464257&skuId=9554154&st=fallout%203

I feel kinda stupid that I bought all the add-ons separately now...

I never finished that game...I really need to.  Oh God I still haven't finished Dragon Age either...

Dammit.  I should just go back to reading books for awhile.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #875 on: 23 Dec 2009, 17:01 »

Little tidbit about New Vegas:
Chris Avellone: I'd been working on Van Buren for a few years on-and-off at Black Isle, but Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate III (canceled) drafted me at various points so I wasn't able to devote my time fully to F3. It didn't really expand the team beyond just myself until BG3 got canceled and we had an entire team to roll onto it. I got to work with Josh on it as Creative Lead, which was great (and now we get to do it again, except I work as a senior designer reporting to Josh). Josh and I had been playing a pen-and-paper version of the actual game for a while along with other potential team members to test out locations and new turn-based mechanics we thought might be cool for the title...

Chris Avellone: I'm all done with Alpha Protocol now, it's in good shape. While I work on almost all the projects at Obsidian in some capacity as a Creative Director, Fallout New Vegas is my current focus now. It's great to be working directly on one of my favorite franchises, and it's great to be working with Josh again - he's got great stuff planned, and I think players are going to have a lot of fun in New Vegas...
Note that Avellone references a possible turn-based system. I knew they were overhauling a number of Fallout 3's systems but I don't think anybody really seriously considered the possibility of a return to turn-based combat. That ought to cause a few aneurysms out there in internet-land (particularly in the Bethsoft camp)

*On second reading they might just be talking about VB, as they definitely played a pen & paper version of that based on Sawyer's SIMPLE stystem. Still, MCA on Fallout again should be great.
« Last Edit: 23 Dec 2009, 17:20 by KvP »
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Johnny C

• Mentat
« Reply #876 on: 23 Dec 2009, 18:07 »

it's probably going to cause me to not buy it

Johnny C

• Mentat
« Reply #877 on: 23 Dec 2009, 18:10 »

like really what i was most excited for was the prospect of these dudes writing another fallout game and basically feeling as excited for every mission as i did about oasis, not taking the systems which made a hundred hours feel like ten and turn it into a pretty version of a game originally made for twenty-five year-olds with unix knowledge

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #878 on: 23 Dec 2009, 18:17 »

As always, the quality of a product is entirely incidental to its success in the marketplace.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Johnny C

• Mentat
« Reply #879 on: 23 Dec 2009, 18:35 »

i'm saying that there is a thing they should be fuckin with and a thing they should not be fuckin with and guess what i am reading that they are fuckin with

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #880 on: 24 Dec 2009, 10:30 »

The whole interview's up here and most of it is retrospective stuff w/r/t Van Buren and the like, but of particular interest is Sawyer's take on armor stats, which I'm 95% sure is what will end up in New Vegas.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #881 on: 24 Dec 2009, 13:37 »

I'm pretty sure all the turn-based stuff was specifically referring to Van Buren. It's still running on Bethesda tech, as far as I know, so I'd be pretty surprised if they reworked it entirely into a turn-based game.

What would be really funny to me is if Bethesda bought Obsidian after this. They've been on an acquisition kick lately, it wouldn't surprise me. That would create some really good internet rage.

Also, the 'quality is entirely incidental to success' claim has been proven to be bullshit. NPD research has shown that universal critical acclaim nearly always correlates with increased sales. It's just when you miss the 90+ Metacritic mark and hit the 70-85 range where it essentially becomes a dice roll.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

satsugaikaze

• Vagina Manifesto
  • I LOVE BELL PEPPERS.
« Reply #882 on: 30 Dec 2009, 04:50 »

Fallout 3 Game of the Year edition is on sale for 29.99 at Best Buy now

Australia makes us Australians pay 100 AUD for that shit goddamnit

I wouldn't mind turn-based stuff again. Old as dirt, still plays fine.

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #883 on: 30 Dec 2009, 13:18 »

I just picked the game of the year edition up along with my brand spankin new 60gb hard drive. I had borrowed the game originally from an acquaintance for a couple months but then had to give it back so I never beat it, and now I have all the DLC, so still plenty of adventures to be had. I'm working on a neutral scientist character with lasers, in addition to my ol' sharpshootin' gunslinger good guy. Eventually I'll make an evil ass mofo, just haven't decided yet what I'm going to have 'em do. Maybe heavy weapons.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #884 on: 07 Jan 2010, 09:04 »

I was planning on replaying Fallout 3 with some mods installed to make it more of a challenge, but I might have been installing them too haphazardly. Is there anyone who can give me a hand with installing and managing them? Previously I just dumped seven different mods in that Data folder, but then the game did something funky on startup, and when I did play it, I didn't notice anything different. Now I've got the new Win 7 and everything's reformatted, so I'll try it again with some restraint, and I would appreciate some tips on how to use that mod manager.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #885 on: 07 Jan 2010, 12:09 »

First of all you have to activate the mods, you do that through the launch menu. If you've done that, and still have problems, search around for the mod manager, it'll help a bunch. It's download site or the bethesda forums will probably help out with all details if you still can't get it to work.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #886 on: 07 Jan 2010, 13:25 »

I was planning on replaying Fallout 3 with some mods installed to make it more of a challenge, but I might have been installing them too haphazardly. Is there anyone who can give me a hand with installing and managing them? Previously I just dumped seven different mods in that Data folder, but then the game did something funky on startup, and when I did play it, I didn't notice anything different. Now I've got the new Win 7 and everything's reformatted, so I'll try it again with some restraint, and I would appreciate some tips on how to use that mod manager.
I hear that maybe Win 7 is causing some friction with F3. No official word that I've heard.

First of all, do not use the vanilla game launcher. Use FOMM, it is essential for a good number of mods. I don't know if that's the latest version. Check Fallout3nexus when it comes back up, it looks to be dead at the moment. But that's where all the mods are, many of them require FOMM.

There are a lot of different mods. The one that I'd recommend is Wanderer's Edition but it changes the game quite a bit and makes the game MUCH harder (going toe-to-toe with a guy with an assault rifle becomes suicide) other things you might want to check out are custom radio stations, Enhance Weather, Fellout, etc. There's a pretty impressive creature mod called Mart's Mutant Mod but it doesn't seem to work for me - the textures don't load right. But if you can get it to work it's pretty damn cool.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #887 on: 07 Jan 2010, 14:41 »

Here's some -

Fallout Mod Manager, use in place of regular game launcher. Mods should come with instructions on what order to put mods in. Remember - if a mod comes with an .esm and .esp's put the .esm first. If you put in mods and your game crashes to desktop when you're going from one area to another, it's probably due to the order of your mods.

Fellout. Removes Matrix-y green tint from the game world.

Wanderer's Edition. An amalgam of various game mechanic-changing mods. Requires some doing, but it changes the game a LOT. Video!

iPip custom radio station. An extra radio station (listenable anywhere) that you can put your own stuff in, if you want. Also comes in extended capacity version.

Enhanced Weather mod. Adds rain and snow and a number of new skyboxes (some of which are quite impressive) Optionally, you can make rain and snow radioactive, though this has been known to cause some weirdness.

Mart's Mutant Mod. A big and complicated mod but if you can get it to work, it adds new creatures and a lot of variety to existing creatures, and improvements to AI.

Ultimate Perk Pack. Adds new perks. Some of them are actually traits in Fallout 1/2 style (you can get them when you reach level 2).

MTUI. Expands the User Interface so it can hold more stuff (more conversation choices, more items in lists, etc.)

Also if you're like me and you prefer Mark Morgan's original ambient scores to Inon Zur's bombastic F3 score you can replace it using this mod.
« Last Edit: 07 Jan 2010, 14:47 by KvP »
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #888 on: 08 Jan 2010, 04:53 »

Got all of those except the Wanderer's Edition, perk pack and custom radio. I do have extra songs for Galaxy News Radio, though. I'm not sure if Wanderer's Edition would be fun to play, it looks a bit hard. I've also installed Better Living Through Chems, which adds a lot of cool drugs and FOOK, Fallout 3 Overhaul Kit, which adds a lot of new weapons and apparel and changes their stats and behaviour.

Now I've got most of them working. Just wandered into Megaton and made fun of the Sheriff's hat, and I noticed the bomb is on a scaffolding. That wasn't there before. The mods appear to work; I stepped out of the Vault into the rain, the item names have been improved, just as their behaviour. I didn't know that the order in which mods are listed mattered, but I haven't had any problems yet.
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Spike

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #889 on: 08 Jan 2010, 14:27 »

I never really used FWE until just now, yes it is harder.
Quote from: Joe Salton, a spam bot
I have seen all Internet.
Do or die, guys!

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #890 on: 09 Jan 2010, 08:05 »

I also installed a radiation mod that adds more to radiation sickness, at intervals of 100 rads starting with 200, and adding effects like the inability to walk straight or aim, stumbling, passing out, migraines and health loss at high levels.

After some time FOOK started causing a lot of crashes when starting up or loading a game. I've put the mods in the order that the FOMM suggested, and it appeared to fix some things, but it seems that FOOK is causing the crashes. I'll try installing the compatibility mod, see if that helps... But no. Just gonna reinstall it in case I mucked something up in the files.

But it's safe to say that mods ruined Fallout 3 for me. I probably won't be able to enjoy the un-modded game after this.  :roll:
« Last Edit: 09 Jan 2010, 08:41 by LTK »

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #891 on: 09 Jan 2010, 12:39 »

Welcome to Bethsoft games!
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #892 on: 09 Jan 2010, 14:37 »

I had one mod that allowed me to see the whole Vvardenfell from the top of Dagoth Ur. I can't find it again, and I'm not playing the game again without that view.

carrotosaurus

• The German Chancellory building
  • Anarchy in black.
    • ct indie
« Reply #893 on: 13 Jan 2010, 09:37 »

Hey I had that mod too.

johnny5

• FIGHT YOU
  • pug pug pug
« Reply #894 on: 15 Jan 2010, 17:02 »

I have dreams about sitting around in the wastelands, not doing shit.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]   Go Up