THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Apr 2024, 00:14
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recommend me a Private Tracker  (Read 2172 times)

casull

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
    • LJ
Recommend me a Private Tracker
« on: 26 Aug 2007, 07:30 »

*For the record, I am neither offering nor seeking a private tracker invite, merely wondering to which tracker I should seek an invite elsewhere.*

So, I'm preparing to head back to school (and to good internet) in about a week, and I am trying to figure out a decent private tracker. OiNK is the famous one, but some people complain of excessively strict ratio requirements and an oversaturation of torrents brought on by this. Are there reasonable alternatives, or should OiNK be what I try to get into? If it's worth the hype, I think I have a way, (upload a bunch of rare content on behalf of my friend with membership to get his upload credit high enough to get invites?)

Advice? The public trackers aren't always cutting it now.
Say old man, can you play the fiddle?

Spinless

Re: Recommend me a Private Tracker
« Reply #1 on: 26 Aug 2007, 07:49 »

I hear Oink has a leak of the new Jimmy Eat World album! Totally try to get an Oink invite.

IronOxide

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #2 on: 26 Aug 2007, 08:43 »

In my opinion, the best tracker out there is Oink. It's fast, convenient, reliable, has a great selection, and isn't too hard to keep a ratio. Also, they are seven different kinds of sticklers for quality, so you get good quality rips. If you're going to be looking for an invite (not in this forum, mind you), that's probably the best route.
Quote from: Wikipedia on Elephant Polo
No matches have been played since February 2007, however, when an elephant, protesting a bad call by the referee, went on a rampage during a game, injuring two players and destroying the Spanish team's minibus

pentaen

• Furry furrier
« Reply #3 on: 28 Aug 2007, 12:53 »

are there any ones that dont require you to go through a terrible initiation into the cult ceremony like oink? there was pig blood everywhere.

amok

• Duck attack survivor
  • low AI ketamine android
« Reply #4 on: 28 Aug 2007, 14:58 »

some people complain of excessively strict ratio requirements

I want some of what they've been smoking. I had to make a concerted effort (read: borrow several large applications) to get mine below 2, and I don't upload that often. It never goes over .5 required, and that's if you've downloaded a fuckton. Anyone with reasonable internet who's not an out-and-out leech should be able to hold up the .15-.2 required of new users.

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #5 on: 28 Aug 2007, 21:52 »

Casull check the email address you use for this forum.  :mrgreen:
Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

pentaen

• Furry furrier
« Reply #6 on: 01 Sep 2007, 11:19 »

no wai jeph is god of generosity
 :cry: jealous

casull

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
    • LJ
« Reply #7 on: 01 Sep 2007, 19:18 »

Casull check the email address you use for this forum.  :mrgreen:

Oh man, thank you so much, but I tracked one down IRL a day or two ago and didn't really see the need to share that here. Thank you very much though.
Say old man, can you play the fiddle?
Pages: [1]   Go Up