THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 12:25
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Photography] A few thingummys (56k friendly)  (Read 5064 times)

Zeddy

[Photography] A few thingummys (56k friendly)
« on: 26 Aug 2007, 16:19 »

In the spirit of being a complete bastard, I figured I'd be greedy and make a whole topic for myself, even though there's already one there. I'm a bit of an attention-whore when it comes to my art, but that's the only way you'll get noticed! :D

Here are a few photos I've taken over about a year.

(Click to make them bigger)

These were all taken (bar the 3rd, 4th and 5th) with a compact camera. Sony P-200. The others were taken with a recently-acquired Nikon D40. Score!

There are more, but I didn't wanna spam up the topic. The rest of 'em are here: http://t3ddykill3r.deviantart.com

Gimme crits! Constructive criticism is always accepted, and I don't mind being called a 't4l3ntl355 n00b ph4g!' either, but I'll probably just ignore you.

Zeddy

Re: [Photography] A few thingummys (56k friendly)
« Reply #1 on: 26 Aug 2007, 16:33 »

a) Kay. I'll bear that in mind next time. I feel like a puppy being told off for shitting everywhere. I had good intentions at heart, but I failed completely.

b) Thanks for the crits. I've stopped adding titles in the photograph itself now. I spent about 2 years trying to find a decent way of bordering my photos and adding a good title in it. Then I realised I just didn't know how to, so, I stopped. :D

Caiphana

• Curry sauce
  • WHOOSH
    • dA
« Reply #2 on: 26 Aug 2007, 16:44 »

Borders: check out this fella over at dA. He puts borders on all of his work, and he does it well.

Also, all of his photos are awesome. I've yet to find one I don't like.
..so long as the word "cookie" is in your country's vocabulary, it's an okay place to be.

Those who forget the past may be doomed to repeat it, but those who refuse to learn from the past and move on are fucking idiots.

Zeddy

« Reply #3 on: 26 Aug 2007, 16:46 »

Thanks for the link Caiphana!

Yeah, he uses the same one on all of them though, and it works! However I find that sometimes chunky borders work better than thin ones and vice versa. Same with black and white ones.

Runs_With_Scissors

• FIGHT YOU
  • Cockslayer!
    • My blog :)
« Reply #4 on: 26 Aug 2007, 16:59 »

They are a little bit small to see...do you have a flickr? It's a good way to get noticed by other  photographers. Good way to get critiques and comments too. Love the cat one though, very nice job.
I'm the fucking Han Solo of forum politics.

Zeddy

« Reply #5 on: 26 Aug 2007, 18:15 »

I forgot to add a grin to the end of that sentence I think Anyways. Then again, I've been known for flaming the hell out of people, so I guess I was kinda expecting to reap what I sowed when I came here. Thanks anyway, Anyways.

And I didn't know that... I've been using Imageshack since forever and none of that's ever happened to me. Ah well.

And uhh... Runs_With_Scissors... Click on the photo. : D

Runs_With_Scissors

• FIGHT YOU
  • Cockslayer!
    • My blog :)
« Reply #6 on: 26 Aug 2007, 20:48 »

Ah, I did that AFTER I posted. I'm special that way  :roll:

Oh, and you can call me RWS...I forgot to post that in your welcome thread.
I'm the fucking Han Solo of forum politics.

Zeddy

« Reply #7 on: 28 Aug 2007, 13:31 »

I MAEDS ANOTHER!

Yeah, I went out for a walk yesterday and came across an old boatyard. Something's up with my photoshop too... Everything in it seems so much brighter than the actual finished saved picture, also a lot sharper. Which sucks, 'cause then you get results like these (and yes, I was going for the whole 'desaturated' look. The title of the picture is Forgotten.

Zeddy

« Reply #8 on: 28 Aug 2007, 15:43 »

Don't feel bad about it, this is the best criticism I've recieved in a long time.

Thanks for that. And..did you mean the brown thing in the bottom left? I would have cropped it, but somehow it didn't look right.
Pages: [1]   Go Up