THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 04:22
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Faye and Sven  (Read 164228 times)

hamstermoney

Re: Faye and Sven
« Reply #150 on: 15 Feb 2008, 00:18 »

Well, I guess our side wins.

w00t.

• Plantmonster
  • WOOOO!
« Reply #151 on: 15 Feb 2008, 00:43 »

hahaha if only it were that easy

i think it's safe to say though, that the board is pretty split...there's a good chunk that supports the whole Faye/Sven thing hardcore and there's another disdains it with their entire being

i would just like to point out my new icon to the left and say SQUEE

unfortunately though i have a feeling that this isn't going to pan out quite like we supporters might hope

it could easily turn into a "gee, faye, i'm flattered and all but i'm just not into like that" or a "HOOOO shit, i didn't NOT just do that...if you ever mention it again, i'll kill you, Sven" or some other unhappily ever after scenerio

oh well, whatever happens, it will be fun to sit back and watch the drama unfold  8-)

AndrewDB

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #152 on: 15 Feb 2008, 00:54 »

i think it's safe to say though, that the board is pretty split...there's a good chunk that supports the whole Faye/Sven thing hardcore and there's another disdains it with their entire being

Behold, the gloriousness that is a forum poll:

http://forums.questionablecontent.net/index.php/topic,19103.0.html

rabidrabbit

« Reply #153 on: 15 Feb 2008, 00:59 »

hah! I knew it!

Dora is going to have a conniption

714 is right though the whole faye/sven thing is an abomination. Maybe they will bond and form godzilla or something
« Last Edit: 15 Feb 2008, 01:02 by rabidrabbit »

Carpens

« Reply #154 on: 15 Feb 2008, 01:13 »

hed asplode!

(not that this wasn't coming, but still)

AndrewDB

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #155 on: 15 Feb 2008, 01:18 »

Maybe they will bond and form godzilla or something

Mecha-Pint Size would come to the rescue.*

I hear by stake claim to the Mecha-Pint Size idea before Jeph uses it!

Rocketman

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • A little bitter.
« Reply #156 on: 15 Feb 2008, 02:06 »

hah! I knew it!

Dora is going to have a conniption

Dora can shove it somewhere cramped and smelly after the way she pounced on Marten.

nole

« Reply #157 on: 15 Feb 2008, 02:20 »

Whatever happens, this will break ravens heart.., or well.. that part of her that longs for bony indie guys anyway... :)

Sam_bedge

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #158 on: 15 Feb 2008, 02:26 »

Like most f us on here i'ver read QC from start to finish and i have to say even if this goes no where for faye im really happy that she has finally pushed her own boundaries! If she was a real friend id be giving her huge (and very cautious!) congrats hugs!

Cant rain All the time

AndrewDB

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #159 on: 15 Feb 2008, 03:32 »

The strip only gets better and better listening to "Happy Together" by The Turtles: http://youtube.com/watch?v=mploADKBihc

Naoko

« Reply #160 on: 15 Feb 2008, 05:40 »

Fuck.

Everything is ruined forever!

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
« Reply #161 on: 15 Feb 2008, 07:42 »

Next week: Nashville is destroyed by a chemical plant explosion. Sven loses all his money, shoots himself.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

Scruffy

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • The Janitor
« Reply #162 on: 15 Feb 2008, 07:50 »

Like most f us on here i'ver read QC from start to finish and i have to say even if this goes no where for faye im really happy that she has finally pushed her own boundaries! If she was a real friend id be giving her huge (and very cautious!) congrats hugs!

Exactly! I am there with you 100%.  It's not about Sven, it's about Faye finally doing something!  Character Development! Yay!

/not sarcasm, seriously psyched to see where this is going!
« Last Edit: 15 Feb 2008, 07:51 by Scruffy »

doombilly

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #163 on: 15 Feb 2008, 07:58 »

It's ON!
illicitizen.bandcamp.com
last.fm/user/doombilly

Croxus

« Reply #164 on: 15 Feb 2008, 08:05 »

Mihihi. I really hope Fay and Sven get together. Sven has been getting much more serious lately and it would be a good thing for Fay to get someone special. But yeah, they were speaking of pushing boundaries, I think maybe she is just testing herself and then going "oh, wow, that was easy. oh well, going home now, nighty night!"

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • oh hi
« Reply #165 on: 15 Feb 2008, 08:05 »

It's ON!

Unless this leads to 100 strips of Faye awkwardly explaining her emotional problems again.
Man, this thread really makes me want to suck some cock.

Scruffy

• The Janitor
« Reply #166 on: 15 Feb 2008, 08:22 »

It's ON!

Unless this leads to 100 strips of Faye awkwardly explaining her emotional problems again.

No no, mabee this will be a signal that those are a thing of the past!

bbqrocks

« Reply #167 on: 15 Feb 2008, 08:39 »

Uh, remember scruffy. This is faye we are talkin about.

Naoko

« Reply #168 on: 15 Feb 2008, 09:23 »

And what will Dora be doing?

"Oh my god Marten you have feelings for Faye who kissed my freaking brother and he's my brother and AAAGGHHHHH" *Dora's head explodes*

Anyway. Everything is ruined forever.

Doug S. Machina

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #169 on: 15 Feb 2008, 10:12 »

Well, I guess our side wins.

w00t.

:lol: "In your face, deniers, we have Jeph on our side!"

This is a job for...Pizza Girl, teamed with the Caffeineatrix!

oh well, whatever happens, it will be fun to sit back and watch the drama unfold  8-)

Absolutely. This will surely be a complex and interesting mess.
Man, if I was the sort of person who quoted things like that in my signature, I'd quote that it my signature.

BillyxRansom

• Furry furrier
« Reply #170 on: 15 Feb 2008, 10:39 »

hed asplode!

(not that this wasn't coming, but still)

Fuck.

Everything is ruined forever!

And what will Dora be doing?

"Oh my god Marten you have feelings for Faye who kissed my freaking brother and he's my brother and AAAGGHHHHH" *Dora's head explodes*

kjodshfoasdjoJKK.;;;''''""////////32xX

Scruffy

• The Janitor
« Reply #171 on: 15 Feb 2008, 10:45 »

Hey, I'm being optimistic!  It's a step in the right direction!

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • oh hi
« Reply #172 on: 15 Feb 2008, 10:51 »

Only if on Monday we begin a 200-strip arc where Faye runs to Marten and cries about how she has feelings for Sven but her d-d-dad k-k-killed himself r-r-right in f-f-front of her and WAHHHHH.
Man, this thread really makes me want to suck some cock.

xiann

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #173 on: 15 Feb 2008, 11:02 »

I like Faye and Sven. But I don't think they are going to get started quite this easily ... I mean, they aren't going to be in bed post coitus Monday AM.

But yay for pushing boundaries! Hopefully Faye will get cooler after this. Maybe just pushing her physical boundaries aren't going to be enough for her.

And also, I'll bet her family will approve of Sven's music :-)

(PS - New to this forum because I'm excited about this!)

AndrewDB

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #174 on: 15 Feb 2008, 11:08 »

This is a job for...Pizza Girl, teamed with the Caffeineatrix!

Surely you'd rather see Mecha-Pint Size?

Scruffy

• The Janitor
« Reply #175 on: 15 Feb 2008, 11:14 »

Only if on Monday we begin a 200-strip arc where Faye runs to Marten and cries about how she has feelings for Sven but her d-d-dad k-k-killed himself r-r-right in f-f-front of her and WAHHHHH.

Shhh... Jeph reads the boards!

AndrewDB

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #176 on: 15 Feb 2008, 11:18 »

Shhh... Jeph reads the boards!

Jeph also knows Common Things You Should and Should Not Do In A Web Comic, like the back of his hand, and knows that rule #2 is : You cannot kill a character off that people have come to love.

Faye may have her problems, but she's not THAT bad.

Swick

« Reply #177 on: 15 Feb 2008, 12:08 »

Jeph also knows Common Things You Should and Should Not Do In A Web Comic, like the back of his hand, and knows that rule #2 is : You cannot kill a character off that people have come to love.
Spoken like someone who's never read Scary-Go-Round. There's never any definite with that "rule" of yours.

AngelofShadows

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • One body.....one mind.
« Reply #178 on: 15 Feb 2008, 13:13 »

I say they do it on Hanners back to freak her out.
There are some basic rules to remember when cosplaying.
   1. If you're a hot Asian chick you can wear whatever you want and say it's whatever you want. Lingerie and some Pikachu ears are totally a legitimate costume.
   2. Everyone else needs to GTFO.

AndrewDB

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #179 on: 15 Feb 2008, 13:21 »

Spoken like someone who's never read Scary-Go-Round.

...  8-) Guilty as charged.  :lol:

kurzon

• Plantmonster
« Reply #180 on: 15 Feb 2008, 16:14 »

It will be interesting to see if either of them can handle this relationship.  But of all the possible matches, Sven (for all his womanising past and the trust issues that will bring) seems the best.

- Angus was a terrible choice - he was encouraging the worst in Faye, apparently interested in a verbal sadomasochistic sort of relationshio.  :-o
- Marten, although now maturing into a great friend, was basically too unsure in himself.  His social ineptness led to him accidentally calling her an alcoholic, f'instance.
- Sven's been consistently portrayed as being a source of good advice.  He doesn't encourage her self-pity, but asks her practical and quite insightful questions about why she does what she does and what she wants to do about it.  At the same time, the whole fake guitar thing showed he's able to take being in the wrong, that's he's a very self-aware guy.  Sven has an emotional maturity which can be really helpful to Faye.

The problem is, he's hardly been mature in the past in his own treatment of women.  He's taken the easy route all the way, and been consistently selfish.  She made him confront that, and he's been trying to change, but doing _anything_ with Faye is a huge leap for Sven.  She's like the antithesis of the easy one-night stand.  She has built-in Dora consequences.  And she's someone he genuinely cares about as a friend.  Responding to her kiss in any way is going to be scaryhard for him.  And going into a relationship where he actually _cares_ about his partner will probably be one of the most frightening things he's done in his life.

AndrewDB

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #181 on: 15 Feb 2008, 19:19 »

Sven's been consistently portrayed as being a source of good advice.  He doesn't encourage her self-pity, but asks her practical and quite insightful questions about why she does what she does and what she wants to do about it.  At the same time, the whole fake guitar thing showed he's able to take being in the wrong, that's he's a very self-aware guy.  Sven has an emotional maturity which can be really helpful to Faye.

The problem is, he's hardly been mature in the past in his own treatment of women.  He's taken the easy route all the way, and been consistently selfish.  She made him confront that, and he's been trying to change, but doing _anything_ with Faye is a huge leap for Sven.  She's like the antithesis of the easy one-night stand.  She has built-in Dora consequences.  And she's someone he genuinely cares about as a friend.  Responding to her kiss in any way is going to be scaryhard for him.  And going into a relationship where he actually _cares_ about his partner will probably be one of the most frightening things he's done in his life.

You know, the more and more I read that, the more and more I thought you were, and are.. right... then I realized.. we're talking about web comic characters like they actually exist.  :laugh:

Boy... Jeph's got us hooked and he knows it..  :lol:

HighLordOmega

« Reply #182 on: 15 Feb 2008, 21:02 »

It could be a good thing.... but I still can't help the sick feeling in the pit of my stomach

Frate

« Reply #183 on: 16 Feb 2008, 00:00 »

i can't wait to see the double date with sven, faye, marten and dora... marten staring at dora, dora staring at faye, faye staring at sven, sven watching the waitresses ass as she walks away...

AndrewDB

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #184 on: 16 Feb 2008, 07:04 »

i can't wait to see the double date with sven, faye, marten and dora... marten staring at dora, dora staring at faye, faye staring at sven, sven watching the waitresses ass as she walks away...

Would he even do that though, knowing he's with the "hardest catch" he's ever gone after intentionally or unintentionally ?

AngelofShadows

• One body.....one mind.
« Reply #185 on: 16 Feb 2008, 07:39 »

Uhm....It's just a kiss. Not a decloration of love or anything. She could've done it just to show she can step out of her comfort zone too, and for nothing more.

Also, fear of death from sister/ getting fired by your boss is a good reason this won't go further.
   1. If you're a hot Asian chick you can wear whatever you want and say it's whatever you want. Lingerie and some Pikachu ears are totally a legitimate costume.

Naoko

« Reply #186 on: 16 Feb 2008, 08:26 »

Uhm....It's just a kiss. Not a decloration of love or anything. She could've done it just to show she can step out of her comfort zone too, and for nothing more.

Also, fear of death from sister/ getting fired by your boss is a good reason this won't go further.

After I got over the extremely PO'd phase, I kind of realized that. It's just a kiss, and it looks more like a "I'm defiant and you're a dick and I'm going to show you that I can push my boundaries, BITCH" sort of thing instead of a "oh my god Sven I love you so muuuchhhh" sort of thing.

AndrewDB

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #187 on: 16 Feb 2008, 08:29 »

The body language in the previous frame, (the innocent arms behind her back, and facial expressions) prove that it as anything but just a kiss.

AngelofShadows

• One body.....one mind.
« Reply #188 on: 16 Feb 2008, 10:23 »

uhm....the fourth frame is split. Left one shows very angry faye, like someone said something to piss her off like "Hey you're a wuss for not pushing your personal limits."

DigiSim

« Reply #189 on: 16 Feb 2008, 11:51 »

This may seem petty but, if things get sexual between Faye and Sven, I might have to never read this comic ever again. The thought alone of the two of them getting pelvic turns my stomach. I mean, she can do so much better than him.

AngelofShadows

• One body.....one mind.
« Reply #190 on: 16 Feb 2008, 12:33 »

If it comes down to that, need to do it on Hanners. That'll loosen her up.....or cause her to explode.

bbqrocks

« Reply #191 on: 16 Feb 2008, 14:18 »

No way, Hanners will not do well in JAIL.

cgarci21

• Shagtastic
« Reply #192 on: 16 Feb 2008, 14:35 »

I don't understand the Sven backlash. He may have been (could possibly still be) a womanizer. Yes, we all understand that. But as much as I like Faye she's not exactly all sunshine and rainbows is she?? She's abrasive and can be physically abusive.  Granted she hasn't done all that much of the latter recently but Sven has been sexin' up the ladies either. It doesn't necessarily mean either of them have changed.

I'm happy for character development either way on both sides. :) I just don't get why so many people feel that Faye's character has to be stagnant while she sorts through her issues...the same goes for Sven.
You know how animals can sense a tsunami coming before humans notice? I'm like that, only for sexy things. -Dora Bianchi

skaps

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #193 on: 16 Feb 2008, 14:47 »

uhm....the fourth frame is split. Left one shows very angry faye, like someone said something to piss her off like "Hey you're a wuss for not pushing your personal limits."

Or it's just grit and determination. Girls with gumption can start to look a bit intimidating when they put their mind to doing something.

edit: OR DOING SOMEONE! HAHAHAHA--just kidding >.>
« Last Edit: 16 Feb 2008, 14:52 by skaps »

AngelofShadows

• One body.....one mind.
« Reply #194 on: 16 Feb 2008, 16:34 »

No way, Hanners will not do well in JAIL.

No one would touch her in jail. Her mom would make sure of that....if she even let it get to that point.

DesolateDecember

« Reply #195 on: 16 Feb 2008, 19:15 »

I would also consider the possibility of Dora feeling to guilty about snatching up Marten, to actually fire or harm Faye. Understandably she would initially be pissed about the whole thing. especially if it went any further then the kiss. There would be the drama the arguments, but I could easily see Dora blaming herself. Some sort of "If I hadn't taken Marten then he would be the one Faye would have kissed, so thus its all my fault, I forced her onto Sven."

cwoolard

« Reply #196 on: 16 Feb 2008, 19:41 »

Or it's just grit and determination. Girls with gumption can start to look a bit intimidating when they put their mind to doing something.

Or she's just psyching Sven out: "HA! You thought I was going to punch you, didn't you?"
Wouldn't surprise me in the least if Faye needed a little mind-gaming to get herself in the mood...

ravenjade

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #197 on: 16 Feb 2008, 19:54 »

Worst case scenario: Sven actually doesn't like her that way.

DesolateDecember

« Reply #198 on: 16 Feb 2008, 19:54 »

Or she's just psyching Sven out: "HA! You thought I was going to punch you, didn't you?"
Wouldn't surprise me in the least if Faye needed a little mind-gaming to get herself in the mood...

To some degree I wouldn't doubt Faye being so sadistic, but her complete... I guess phobia... of human contact of any kind, let alone any sort of romantic connection says otherwise..... Sadly i see a lot of myself in Faye's actions, yet, in some way, I enjoy it.
« Last Edit: 16 Feb 2008, 20:08 by DesolateDecember »

Clobbersaurus

• Emoticontraindication
  • homosex
« Reply #199 on: 16 Feb 2008, 23:01 »

girl's gotta get hers too, that's all i'm reading into it  :wink:
male elephant seals are really ugly.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up