Jeph Jacques's comics discussion forums

• 07 Dec 2021, 20:21
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bring on the Comets  (Read 1242 times)

defaultstring

Bring on the Comets
« on: 30 Aug 2007, 00:19 »

I'm a huge VHS or Beta fan. :-)

Alas, I have yet to listen to their newest release, Bring on the Comets, which came out yesterday.

From what I've heard, it's quite the divergence from Night on Fire and Le Funk.

What do the good people of QC forums say?

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down
Re: Bring on the Comets
« Reply #1 on: 30 Aug 2007, 02:15 »

This is the only album I have heard by this band so far. I am not sure if they want me to shake my money-maker, or lie on a couch and trip balls, but I am pretty comfortable doing both of those things so this is a pretty awesome album!

And it has a real 80's pop feel to it at times, which means it is an album I can play around my housemates without them complaining.

Whats their best album besides Bring on the Comets? Whats their older stuff like?
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

defaultstring

Re: Bring on the Comets
« Reply #2 on: 30 Aug 2007, 13:56 »

Night on Fire is GODLY.

If you're into 80's new wave, disco, and Robert Smith vocals, it's your new favorite album.
It's a great album with seemless concepts; it just flows wonderfully.  Dynamite, Nightwaves, Forever, and You Got Me are pretty much instant favorites.

I've been scrounging the interwebs for Le Funk, VHS or Beta's release before Night on Fire.  It's just as booty shakin' if not, more.  Each track screams "REMIX Meeeeeeee!!!"  Unfortunately, I have yet to find it.  But the battle shall not be lost!

*ahem*

The reviews that are currently online are kind of harsh and lead me to believe that Bring on the Comets is less dancy, less guitar-intensive, and just has a softer feel overall.  Which makes me cry inside a bit. :cry:

I do like We Could Become One, Take it or Leave it, and Burn it All Down.  But not like I absolutely adore their older stuff.

Check it out if you feel so inclined  :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up