Jeph Jacques's comics discussion forums

• 19 Jan 2022, 23:09
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hypnotic Brass Ensemble- help needed.  (Read 1265 times)

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
Hypnotic Brass Ensemble- help needed.
« on: 04 Sep 2007, 21:28 »

Right, so there's this group called the Hypnotic Brass Ensemble, which is an 8-piece band with a 7-piece brass section composed of the sons of Kelan Phil Cohran, the trumpeter/composer from Sun Ra Arkestra. They play around the streets of Chicago and sometimes New York, apparently. To call them fucking awesome would be a severe understatement. 

Anyway, I'm desperately searching for a copy of any of their albums, so if anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd be eternally greatful. I've tried emailing the band and I've had no response, and the only thing I could find stocked online was a 10" single. Finding them on the streets of Chicago isn't really an option, as I don't live in the US. If anyone knows of a record store that stocks them, or has any of their albums, please let me know.

Here's a clip of them in action: War.
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

mpknighit

• Not quite a lurker
  • That's. When things. Got really. Crazy.
Re: Hypnotic Brass Ensemble- help needed.
« Reply #1 on: 05 Sep 2007, 06:04 »

Man, that is pretty awesome... I looked around for a bit but I can't seem to find anything either. Sorry.
Everybody lives, Rose. Just this once, everybody lives!

pat101

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • A Minor Mass
Re: Hypnotic Brass Ensemble- help needed.
« Reply #2 on: 05 Sep 2007, 08:42 »

some mp3s are avaliable on soulseek, if I'm feeling very nice I may download them and host up them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up