THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 25 Apr 2024, 13:01
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Artist Looking For Inspiration/Work  (Read 4869 times)

Settheraytoemily

Artist Looking For Inspiration/Work
« on: 26 Oct 2007, 12:19 »

Hello there!  :-D  I'm an amateur "artist" and I'm looking for some inspiration, or possibly some work for those interested.  I'm a (highschool) student, so of course I'm not looking for full time drawing work, though if you have a character, a description of a character, or even a drawing idea that you would like to run by me, feel free! I will do what I can to get around to the ideas that interest me most, and of course, it will be free of cost.

P.s.-If you can post your ideas here, that would be a big help.  I'll stick my work up here as well when it's finished, or when I have a decent looking rough version of it.  I look forward to any requests you all might have!

Peace!

Edit:  I suppose I should add that I looking for work pertaining to the web-comic realm, as to make this appropriate for the comic thread.  While I do work in oils/acrylics/ink quite a bit, I find this sort of art is more fun for me to do when it comes to requests.
« Last Edit: 26 Oct 2007, 12:38 by Settheraytoemily »

Cam

• Larger than most fish
Re: Artist Looking For Inspiration/Work
« Reply #1 on: 26 Oct 2007, 13:12 »

I am not sure you'll like it, but the first idea that i came up with was:

A giant marshmallow and a ball sack with one nut fight for the love of a local barista that happens to be a cucumber.

Settheraytoemily

« Reply #2 on: 26 Oct 2007, 13:57 »

I am not sure you'll like it, but the first idea that i came up with was:

A giant marshmallow and a ball sack with one nut fight for the love of a local barista that happens to be a cucumber.

Haha....be careful what you wish for, I just might draw it  :evil:

Settheraytoemily

« Reply #3 on: 26 Oct 2007, 15:49 »

if you're looking for inspiration, take a small wad of cash, go down to the nearest WHSmith/Barnes&Noble and purchase the latest edition of Photoshop Advanced (or even better, the August edition, with Melanie Delon's works). Flip through the artist interview pages, and let yourself be overcome with creativity of the finest brand. Well, sort of anyway. Or just read a good book, visualize what you read, and draw it.

Anyway, before you go ahead making threads and posting wildly, I suggest you take a look at the "Hi, I'm New!" forum section, right at the bottom of the index. It's there for a reason, and the oldtimers (not just the mods) take a few minutes off to welcome new people, I've yet to see a thread without replies. Make yourself an introduction thread, LURK MOAR (explained in the forum newbie advice thread), and you'll get a long just fine!

I've actually lurked here for quite some time, so I'm not exactly posting 'wildly' so to say.  But thank you for the advice as to Barnes&Noble (which we have here, woot) anyway.  By the way, hello, I am Emily and I am an art addict  :-D

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #4 on: 28 Oct 2007, 17:27 »

What Anyways was politely saying is that it's advised you post a thread in Hi, I'm New! before posting any other threads. It isn't exactly advisable to post a new thread(except for one in Hi, I'm new!) when you are a new poster. So I suggest you get on that.

Anyway, go to the library, or even wikipedia, and look things up. I am subscribed to Antiques magazine. It has a lot of good furniture pictures in it. When I was in high school, my printmaking teacher had a number of books filled with stock photos of animals, plants, and the like. Those were always nice for inspiration. Go to the art museum. And GIS, seriously. You can find everything there.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

FrozenToast

« Reply #5 on: 29 Oct 2007, 03:13 »

I'm no professional artist but I do dabble.

I agree with the general consensus, try going out and looking for inspiration.
Try sketching things that catch you eye, people, cars, plants etc.

buy yourself a little sketch pad or seeing as you like oils/acrylics/ink, get yourself a digital camera that way you can take photos and paint them later. Sooner or later you'll get inspired.

Plus its great practice

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • I'm a lion, and I'm flyin'.
    • My blog
« Reply #6 on: 29 Oct 2007, 05:57 »

Watch music videos.(like the one by muse.)

Watch artistic movies (Like "science of sleep" or "Paprika")

Those gave me a hell of ideas
"Cause I might be a werewolf...but why would an inquisitor of the pope be in a webcomic forum?"

HellStorm

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #7 on: 24 Jan 2008, 14:05 »

Hey =]
Well I have a little story
One day, I was looking through the books in my house, and I found a book I hadn't seen before. Naturally I picked it up, and decided I'd read it. 
As I read this book, I felt very [excuse the nOObishness] OMG WAAWWWW !!!1!!1111!!1.  This bout of nOObish behaviour came from an overwhelming urge to art.  And no, that isn't a grammatical error, but I mean, paint/draw/handprint/whatever about this book.  It inspired me so much =]

The book is called 'The Wizard's First Rule'

I highly recommend it both as a book, and as a source of inspiration =]

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #8 on: 24 Jan 2008, 16:51 »

I like that th baby has on little pink shorts.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

MusicScribbles

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • John Milton was a punk rocker.
« Reply #9 on: 24 Jan 2008, 17:00 »

What did you GIS to get those pictures?

Edit: I feel like those were all under the same search.
« Last Edit: 24 Jan 2008, 18:39 by MusicScribbles »
Quote from: Tommydski
Listen to SLOAN you CUNTS.
Pages: [1]   Go Up