THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 01:00
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts  (Read 7722 times)

Brian Erickson

• Not quite a lurker
Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
« on: 10 Oct 2008, 14:20 »

Anyone else here looking forward to it?

I played the hell out of the first two, and they remain among my favorite games of all time.

After going over to places like IGN and Gametrailers and checking out all of the leaked footage, I can honestly say that I haven't been this excited for a game since Twilight Princess.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
Re: Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
« Reply #1 on: 10 Oct 2008, 14:57 »

i just reserved my copy today on my lunch break (along with Left 4 Dead and Mirror's Edge) so yeah, i'm actually really excited.

next month is going to be rough on my wallet.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #2 on: 10 Oct 2008, 16:12 »

I honestly am ultra excited about this, more than Fallout 3 and Left 4 Dead combined. But between those three games I'm going to have no money.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #3 on: 10 Oct 2008, 17:32 »

I think it looks amazing. It's pretty incredible what modern graphics technology can do when they actually use a little color. I also preordered it, but that's more a function of wanting the XBLA remake of the original BK, which you get for free. I still can't believe that they're only charging 40 dollars for it.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #4 on: 10 Oct 2008, 18:12 »

oh yeah! i forgot that it's only $39.99.

man, it just keeps getting better.
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

sean

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • welp
« Reply #5 on: 10 Oct 2008, 22:42 »

I am really upset this game is not called Banjo-Threeie. Seriously, what the hell?

(If this game is really good, I will get a 360 for this. If it is not, I will be upset beyond comprehension.)

but that's more a function of wanting the XBLA remake of the original BK, which you get for free.

AUUUUGH MICROSOFT WHY MUST YOU TAUNT ME?
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #6 on: 10 Oct 2008, 23:01 »

Note that it's a preorder bonus, so if you want to get that then you're going to have to get a 360 and preorder the game before it comes out in a month. I mean, you'll still be able to buy the remake, but it's either 10 or 15 bucks, I forget which. I think Nuts and Bolts looks cool and I want the XBLA port anyway, so I figured even if the new game doesn't turn out to be that great I effectively only spent 30 dollars for it.

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #7 on: 11 Oct 2008, 07:32 »

Don't forget that doing certain things in the 360 version unlocks new content in the XBLA version (stuff that wasn't in the original game!).
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #8 on: 11 Oct 2008, 10:46 »

Why Rare, Why do you no longer belong to Nintendo?
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

imagist42

• Bling blang blong blung
  • more post-coital, less post-rock
« Reply #9 on: 11 Oct 2008, 11:33 »

Because Microsoft had money and the Stamper brothers accepted it.
Hopefully it goes without saying but you should always ask before sticking things in people's butts

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
  • Lurker of Lovecraftian proportion
    • Obligatory Social Networking Page
« Reply #10 on: 12 Oct 2008, 01:42 »

I'm a bit divided on this. The first two were awesome, I loved them to bits. That the original is coming to XBLA is fantastic news alone.

As for the new game... I dunno. This whole building stuff thing sounds great in theory but I think depending on how integral it is will make or break the game for me. Much like Spore, while the concept and even application was fantastic to begin with, it reached a point where I was just like "ok, shit, I want to play the game now".

Of course, the building aspect could be the best thing ever and I might not be able to get enough.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #11 on: 13 Nov 2008, 14:00 »

bringing this thread back because the game is out and i bought it. hopefully i'm not the only one?
for your guys' sake, i hope not because this game is fuunnn.

i just built a motorcycle that can detach the wheels and become a hot-air balloon. nuff said.

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #12 on: 13 Nov 2008, 18:40 »

I got pissed at the way the vehicles handled in the demo, so I'm waiting until summer or thereabouts (I have too many games to play until then) before I check it out again.
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #13 on: 14 Nov 2008, 14:52 »

yeah, the vehicle handling/physics are pretty wonky but once you get used to it it's not really a big deal.

ackblom12

« Reply #14 on: 15 Nov 2008, 11:00 »

Ok, for some reason Amazon sent me 2 rather than 1 promo codes for a free download of the original Banjo-Kazooie. Anyone want my 2nd?

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #15 on: 15 Nov 2008, 11:25 »

Fuck yeah.  PM it to me.

ackblom12

« Reply #16 on: 15 Nov 2008, 14:31 »

Done. Enjoy! It's still a fantastic game.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #17 on: 16 Nov 2008, 16:50 »

Shit, I wish I had seen that a couple of days ago because the girl at Gamestop forgot to give me my code and I doubt they'll have any left when I go in to buy Left 4 Dead on Tuesday. I got 60 Jiggies earlier today, I'm having a good amount of fun with it even though I think certain challenges have way too little margin for error. It's absurd how great this game looks and how much content it has considering they're selling it for only 40 dollars.

Xerostyle

• Emoticontraindication
  • A different kind of stupid.
« Reply #18 on: 16 Nov 2008, 18:38 »

I was really disappointed, especially since the first 3 were freaking awesome.

Banjo Kazooie, the best 3D platformer ever.
Banjo Tooie, one of the best sequels I've ever played.
Banjo Kazooie:Gruntie's Revenge, one of the best 2D adaptations of a 3D game.

and now we have Nuts and Bolts, and to be honest it feels more like Banjo Kazooie Theft Auto.
They said we'd never make it to the moon eighty years ago, and thirty years after it happened we argue the validity.

CarbonatedWeasel

« Reply #19 on: 16 Nov 2008, 20:16 »

It seems like a very strange variation from the original Banjo Kazooie formula.  More like a completely separate game with Banjo Kazooie characters than a sequel to the other games.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #20 on: 17 Nov 2008, 01:50 »

For what it's worth, I've had far more fun with Nuts and Bolts than I've ever had with a GTA game.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #21 on: 17 Nov 2008, 10:12 »

i'd have to agree on the GTA sentiment.

but yeah, some of the challenges are definitely way too hard. although, at the same time, i'm impressed by how many different ways there are to finish some of the challenges.

for example: the frustrating one from Nutty Acres where you have to go to the top of the huge pile of boxs to collect coconuts and bring them back to the hopper on the farm. well, it was being a real pain in the ass until i realized that the hopper where you deliver the coconuts can be busted off with very little effort and carried to the the nuts so you only have to make one trip and you automatically get maximum points.

PizzaSHARK

« Reply #22 on: 17 Nov 2008, 21:45 »

What's the objective of the game?  The TV spot really doesn't explain anything... it just shows the player putting things together and riding around on them... it looks like Garry's Mod meets Banjo-Kazooie.  At least the colors are pretty.

The original Banjo-Kazooie was a lot of fun.  I remember the areas in the game that they were hinting at that you'd be able to get into the sequel; too bad it never actually happened :p

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #23 on: 18 Nov 2008, 10:20 »

it's exactly like previous Banjo games in that the object is to collect as much shit as possible (jiggies, notes, trophies, jinjos etc.) except this time there are also vehicle parts to collect which you use to build vehicles, which are necessary for the challenges (which award the aforementioned collectables).

it's a hoot and a half if you like building stuff/collecting stuff/bright colors.
Pages: [1]   Go Up