THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 11:55
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kind of Exciting News  (Read 3130 times)

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

jimbunny

• I'm Randy! I'm eternal!
  • I'll show you the life of the mind!
Re: Kind of Exciting News
« Reply #1 on: 12 Sep 2007, 07:58 »

what's the news? what's the news?

China has some kind of beef with the BBC...

Joseph

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #2 on: 12 Sep 2007, 08:05 »

A bunch of old guys are going to play songs they wrote and performed ages ago so that aging people can relive their youth and today's youth can pretend they were part of the '70s.  I dunno, some bands seem capable of a reunion, but I can't see Led Zeppelin pulling it off well.  I'm sure a ton of people will enjoy it though.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #3 on: 12 Sep 2007, 11:31 »

So the beer in Iceland is $11 a pint according to Sky Sports, and seeing 3/4 of Zep is $250.

Bartender, 22 pints of your finest.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #4 on: 13 Sep 2007, 10:35 »

the beer in iceland's 11$? No wonder they produced Bjork. (I'm really hoping she's from there)

Yeah tickets are a bit on the expensive side.

I don't like them that much.

There's nothing wrong with pretending you're living in the 70's. And Jason Bonham's going to be drumming, which is a respite from collins. true. although i have no idea how capable he is (jason, not phil)
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

ScrambledGregs

« Reply #5 on: 13 Sep 2007, 16:25 »

Anyone who pays that much money to see Led Zeppelin now gets exactly what they deserve.

I mean, Led Zeppelin are fucking awesome, but when I make that statement I'm thinking of the Led Zeppelin from 1968 to 1980. Did any of the surviving members release a single decent album after that?? All signs point to no, because you never hear about it.

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down
« Reply #6 on: 13 Sep 2007, 16:35 »

I will punch the first person who badmouths Dreamland right in the mouth.

However, lets face it, if this was going to be at all worthwhile, they probably would have done it a lot sooner!
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

thermodynamics

« Reply #7 on: 13 Sep 2007, 20:11 »

i'll laugh when they do this again in 10 years.

from their nursing homes.

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #8 on: 14 Sep 2007, 01:47 »

Anyone who pays that much money to see Led Zeppelin now gets exactly what they deserve.

I mean, Led Zeppelin are fucking awesome, but when I make that statement I'm thinking of the Led Zeppelin from 1968 to 1980. Did any of the surviving members release a single decent album after that?? All signs point to no, because you never hear about it.

I actually saw Robert Plant about a year ago in concert, and half of the songs he performed were Led Zeppelin songs.

Just goes to show.

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #9 on: 14 Sep 2007, 02:18 »

I quite liked No Quarter (the Page and Plant live album, not the song), if only for the more orchestral re-working of songs like Kashmir, Gallows Pole and such. And that was released in 1994. It's still pretty much all Led Zeppelin songs though, with the exception of four tracks, so I don't know if you'd count it or not.
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

teh pwn queen

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Capiam vos in obscurum
    • Just fucking click it
« Reply #10 on: 15 Sep 2007, 15:07 »

I wonder why their doing this now... is it because of all the other reunion tours that are happening as of late and knowing they can make money for it?

I'm sure the experience would be cool for all the geezers out there.

I'd rather go to a Boston concert tho anyhow.
I haven't logged in on the forum in literally 10 years and my website URL was still my MySpace profile...
Pages: [1]   Go Up