THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 03:03
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tokyo Game Show  (Read 2202 times)

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
Tokyo Game Show
« on: 11 Sep 2007, 23:24 »

Yes, it doesn't start until almost two weeks from now, but Microsoft just had a pre-TGS press conference where they announced some stuff, so I thought I'd just create this topic and lump that news in with whatever comes out of that show.

So:

Microsoft and Tecmo officially revealed Ninja Gaiden 2, although that wasn't totally unexpected considering some screenshots leaked earlier today. Apparently it's 360 exclusive.

They dated Lost Odyssey. Early December in Japan, January for the US, February for Europe. It's nice to see one of those actually come out in a relatively similar time period throughout regions. The Kotaku guy at the press conference said, and I quote, "Damn, this game looks nice. Really, really nice."

Square Enix revealed a 360 exclusive. It's called Infinite Discovery, and it's being made by Tri-Ace, the Star Ocean guys. It's apparently going to have a fully real-time combat system. I just hope it works better than Star Ocean 3's.

Also, new Xbox Live Arcade games were unveiled: Rez HD, Every Extend Extra Extreme, Ikaruga, Trigger Heart, Exit and Omega Five. I've heard good things about Rez, Ikaruga, and Exit, but I never played them, so I'm pretty excited for those, provided they make it here to the US.

And that was about it. Microsoft's also revealing something else tomorrow morning, which has got a countdown page with the title 'Brutally Fun'. Most people are guessing that it's Brutal Legend, which is a name that Double Fine (the guys who made Psychonauts) trademarked recently. There were rumors that this would be a game about Jack Black as a dead roadie who must rock his way out of Hell and into Heaven or something.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
Re: Tokyo Game Show
« Reply #1 on: 11 Sep 2007, 23:54 »

Ikaruga was the best damn side scrolling game I have ever played and made the fact that I held on to my Dreamcast way longer then I should have worth it.   Having this on my 360 makes me extremely giddy.

I am also happy that they have stopped doing re-releases of Ninja Gaiden and will finally release a new one.

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • I'm a lion, and I'm flyin'.
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: 12 Sep 2007, 03:47 »

Dont get your hopes up.

E3 didnt show anything interesting this year, so maybe tokyogame show wont either.

I could be totally wrong though
"Cause I might be a werewolf...but why would an inquisitor of the pope be in a webcomic forum?"

X_Ray

« Reply #3 on: 20 Sep 2007, 01:23 »

e3 was about the launch and there werent too many titels then but im shur producers are gunna step it up and make sum great games now that holiday season is commin up and stuff

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #4 on: 20 Sep 2007, 13:59 »

Sony's first "big announcement of TGS?

The Sixaxis is being discontinued in favor of the Dual Shock 3. That's right, apparently it IS possible for rumble and motionsensitivity to coexist! Thanks, Sony!
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

MusicScribbles

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • John Milton was a punk rocker.
« Reply #5 on: 20 Sep 2007, 18:10 »

This sounds amazing. I want to play Rez with so much of my being that my libido might explode.
Also, Ninja Gaiden 2 is really long overdue, and the screenshots have me a bit giddy. I hope that turns into excitement.
Late 2007 through 2008 it shaping up well. I need a job.
Quote from: Tommydski
Listen to SLOAN you CUNTS.
Pages: [1]   Go Up