THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 10:12
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advice - Mask  (Read 6696 times)

LordNagash

Advice - Mask
« on: 14 Sep 2007, 10:12 »

Hey all, I figure this would be a good place to ask some advice from people used to making cool things. I want to make (or buy) a blank white mask, with no facial features on it. So not like a mike myers mask, more like . I am enamoured with the idea of removing my face, and I just like the look of a blank mask so much.

I was wondering if you people had any suggestions on how to go about this. Idealy I would be able to make a mask that did not even have eye holes, possibly with some sort of ability to see though the mask in key areas, but I am not holding my breath for that ;)

ThePQ4

• Asleep in the boner patch
Re: Advice - Mask
« Reply #1 on: 14 Sep 2007, 10:18 »

Check at your local craft stores. They may not have what you're looking for, but they might have Drama Masks, or at least know somewhere else to direct you. And if all else fails, buy some plaster and make one yourself?

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2 on: 14 Sep 2007, 11:25 »

From working in a craft store, all the ones there have features and eye holes and don't sound like what you want. Your best bet is to make one yourself. It would not only look like what you want, but you can make it specifically for your face. There is a certain material that they use for masks like grim reaper hoods that allows you to see out, but not let others see through it, but I don't know what it's called.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Caiphana

• Curry sauce
  • WHOOSH
    • dA
« Reply #3 on: 14 Sep 2007, 11:48 »

If you want a mask that conforms to your, your best bet is to make one. I did this back in sixth grade, so hopefully I remember how to do it.

First, you need petroleum jelly. You also need plaster of paris bandages (aka modroc), something to hold your hair back at the hair line, a bowl of warm water, and a friend.

Use your imagination. I think you know what to do. Pull back your hair with a headband, slather on petroleum jelly, remembering the hairline and eyebrows and such, and let your friend start layering on pieces of the wet bandages. Don't laugh.. or talk... or smile. Let it dry enough to hold its shape and pop it off and then you can fix the holes of the eyes, nose, mouth, whatever with bandages, or you can let it dry completely for a day and go to the fabric store and find some see-through fabric. Attach the fabric by stretching it over the holes and putting bandages around the edges. You can sand down bumpy areas if your friend fucked up. Remember that you can build up the mask wherever you want so you can get rid of features (regular old plaster might be best for that), but don't fuck with the inside where your face goes.

Best way to make a mask (that will fit you... and ONLY you). And relatively cheap.
..so long as the word "cookie" is in your country's vocabulary, it's an okay place to be.

Those who forget the past may be doomed to repeat it, but those who refuse to learn from the past and move on are fucking idiots.

Runs_With_Scissors

• FIGHT YOU
  • Cockslayer!
    • My blog :)
« Reply #4 on: 14 Sep 2007, 23:46 »

Stick straw up your nose to breathe! Breathing is a good thing.
I'm the fucking Han Solo of forum politics.

3Z3VH

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • WoSaT
    • http://www.everlan.net
« Reply #5 on: 15 Sep 2007, 01:45 »

Stick straw up your nose to breathe! Breathing is a good thing.

Pish Posh !  Who here can't breathe through their asses ?!
With every small decision: if you change a heart, you change the world.

C Patrick Carolan

« Reply #6 on: 15 Sep 2007, 02:45 »

Dang... I thought this was going to be a thread about MASK fan art.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0BzBFWt8V8

LordNagash

« Reply #7 on: 15 Sep 2007, 17:14 »

I clearly would have typed out M.A.S.K. if that was the case ;)

In any case it seems my friend's mother is a good source to help me with my mask. If you all want when I get any work done on it I will post pics.

ElRodente

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • unf unf unf
    • doodleblog
« Reply #8 on: 16 Sep 2007, 08:04 »

?
Oh no, he was fine... and now he's poorly from too much electric
Pages: [1]   Go Up