THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 03:40
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reign Over Me  (Read 4254 times)

3Z3VH

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • WoSaT
    • http://www.everlan.net
Reign Over Me
« on: 20 Sep 2007, 00:37 »

I just got done seeing this movie, and holy shit !  Adam Sandler really knows how to do a serious role in a movie !

I read the synopsis of the movie and was not interested at all in seeing it, but my roommate insisted.  I am VERY glad she did.

I realize this movie isn't for everyone, it is nothing but a drama, so don't expect anything close to the typical Adam Sandler movie, but if you like heavy dramas (Not a bunch of love story BS, but more of a character study sort of thing) I would say this is a must-see movie.
With every small decision: if you change a heart, you change the world.

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
Re: Reign Over Me
« Reply #1 on: 20 Sep 2007, 06:40 »

If you haven't seen Punch-Drunk Love then you really owe it to yourself. Adam Sandler's performance in that film is likely his best ever.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

3Z3VH

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • WoSaT
    • http://www.everlan.net
« Reply #2 on: 20 Sep 2007, 11:27 »

I have seen it, and it was a great performance, but I would dare to say this one may have been even better.
With every small decision: if you change a heart, you change the world.

The Cloaked Stranger

« Reply #3 on: 18 Oct 2007, 06:43 »

I am a huge Adam Sandler fan.  And I don't just mean "expecting to see him play an idiot" which is true of most of his fans.  I mean he is a great actor, and most people don't realize it.  Punch Drunk Love is bizarre, but it proved he can act.  And "Spanglish" is genius, if you really get into it.  His performance is so normal, so "nice guy" that you wish he was your best friend -- and it's totally different from his usual movies.  I want to see "Reign over Me" sooooo much, and it sounds like it's worth it so that's good.  My fear is that his "acting" moves will never make as much money as his "comedy" movies, because his fans usually want the idiocy.  I worry that he'll stop doing serious movies because of his fans' expectations.  But he is awesome -- lmuch ike Robin Williams, who is capable of great comedy and also Oscar worthy roles.

Darby Crashed

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #4 on: 18 Oct 2007, 10:41 »

Even if you can hit it out of the park every once in a while, it doesnt excuse the MASSIVE amounts of garbage that both Adam Sandler and Robin Williams have been tossing around for the past few decades. I cant fully respect the man who looked at the script to "RV" and said yes.

That said, I do agree that Punch Drunk Love was great, Spanglish was good, and i'll add that What Dreams May Come made me cry.

The Cloaked Stranger

« Reply #5 on: 26 Oct 2007, 05:31 »

Hollywood puts out massive amounts of garbage on a regular basis.  But how many actors have the diversity of Robin Williams? He can play funny, he can play quiet, he can play villainous, or heroic, dramatic, so of course once in awhile he's in a bad movie -- he wants to try everything.  I'm of the opinion that Sandler makes trades -- "Sure, I'll be in a piece of shit like Little Nikky just to cash in, but your studio will help finance Punch Drunk Love."  "Yeah, I'll phone in Chuck and Larry, but that means you'll help Reign over Me get made."  "Wow, I worked with Jack Nicholson!  Too bad the script to Anger Management wasn't that funny..."

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #6 on: 26 Oct 2007, 06:54 »

I like it when Adam Sandler does something other than 'quirky fish-out-of-water simpleton with a heart of gold and a strange talent.'
Pages: [1]   Go Up