THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 09:35
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Heroes right now  (Read 60526 times)

will: wanton sex god

• Cthulhu f'tagn
Heroes right now
« on: 24 Sep 2007, 18:06 »

whos watching, lets talk about it.

• Cthulhu f'tagn
Re: Heroes right now
« Reply #1 on: 24 Sep 2007, 18:20 »

D: Sorry.  The reason I posted it there rather than here was I thought it'd be a pretty unserious topic with a lot of "holy shit at what just happened" as it went minute by minute.  Anyhow, thanks for whoever moved it.  Also, hooray for Matt being alive or hooray for matt being alive.  I'm seriously gonna work on the capitalization thing.  I thinkit has to do with me posting mostly in the "I like fish" forum where the topics arent so serious.  That's sort of a lame excuse, but if I am talking about something I think is more of a serious issue, I tend to worry and think more about those things.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2 on: 24 Sep 2007, 18:41 »

Watching it!
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #3 on: 24 Sep 2007, 19:05 »

Effin' A Cotton, effin' A.

Seriously good premiere, though the real weakness of this series is that they have so many differen't plotlines that they can't really focus on one or another for long enough periods of time to garner true satisfaction from it, and really its only worth it once you can watch a few episodes at a time. I just feel like I'm developing some sort of condition where I'm always on the edge of my seat waiting for a new revelation to come with the little kazoo noise in the background.

Other than that I've got no complaints, I watch this show religiously. Oh crap, Journeyman's on, time to turn the T.V. off. I refuse to become a couch potato for the new season of prime time programming.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #4 on: 24 Sep 2007, 19:12 »

I'm looking forward to what Hiro's going to do. Is he going to make the other guy do it or will he step into his hero's role and do it himself? Also, I thought it was funny when Mr. Bennet twisted the guy's arm to make him stop being a dick. Tee hee. I'm sure they'll get better pacing as the season goes, but it's the premiere and they had some lose ends to address.

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #5 on: 24 Sep 2007, 19:18 »

I wish I had training to be a secret agent so i could do that to my manager. And alsoTrue, very true, but I wish they'd just do a couple of story arcs an episode to pace it even better, though I suppose that would mean a lot of info lost and, gah. So we've got another flier, who in my opinion looks like he could be Nathan's son too, which is kind of wierd and campy.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #6 on: 24 Sep 2007, 19:32 »

^ Yeah the first thing I thought was that he could be Nathan's song.  Hope there's no incestual shit with Claire.  Or maybe I hope there is for irony, haha.  I'm interested in what Maya's power is.  Essplode yur hart?

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #7 on: 24 Sep 2007, 19:39 »

apparently it makes your eyes turn black with some black liquid that pours out as if tears of blood.

She stabs people in the eye with a fountain pen, that's her effing power.

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • I'm a lion, and I'm flyin'.
    • My blog
« Reply #8 on: 24 Sep 2007, 20:17 »

nice fountain pen reference.

Dude, George Takai (sp?)'s character is dead !
"Cause I might be a werewolf...but why would an inquisitor of the pope be in a webcomic forum?"

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #9 on: 24 Sep 2007, 20:26 »

^ I'm not asking rhetorically, but did they actually show him as dead?  Because a lot of people who looks dead aren't.  Also if this guy is out to kill him, I imagine he is kidna cool and able to defend himself.   I just hope I guess.  Takei rules.

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • My blog
« Reply #10 on: 24 Sep 2007, 20:29 »

Well, as we've seen with the "King Midas" guy, "I hear good" woman, Old Syler, and the cop is that not all of the heroes have offensive or defensive capabilities. Maybe George Takai had rolled bad on the "powers dice".
"Cause I might be a werewolf...but why would an inquisitor of the pope be in a webcomic forum?"

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #11 on: 24 Sep 2007, 21:50 »

^ Oh no, I never meant to imply that he wasn't dead, just that he might not be, just as well as he might be.  Who's the hear really well person? The mechanic Sylar zapped in season 1?

Aimless

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Untss untss untss untss
« Reply #12 on: 25 Sep 2007, 04:06 »

Ahhhhh... at laaaassst...

I am kinda pleased :D so far, the only changes I really feel negatively about is the addition of those Mexican siblings. Feels like there will be too much whining and melodrama in that arc. I didn't like that assface at Claire's school, but I'm hoping it will be like when I didn't like Sylar, and that the assface will turn out to be a cool character. I'm a bit doubtful about... Kensei... but hey, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt! Hope they don't end up undoing all of Hiro's cool, though.

What they seem to have done with Peter and Nathan, well, I think that's half-cool and half shit. I do know I already dislike that Irish gang, and am really not looking forward to another half season of Peter trying to discover who he is.

Best thing so far, I think, is what they've done with Bennett, Suresh, Parkman, and Molly! Bennett at Copy Kingdom was awesome, and Parkman and Suresh both feel a lot more authentic to me now. I think their acting's improved or something :o

The greatest disappointment for me was the absence of Sylar. I had been looking forward to seeing him because of that DAMNED TRAILER!! :mad: but it was okay, the cheerleaders were kinda cute enough to make up for it.
Sometimes I think, sometimes I am

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • My blog
« Reply #13 on: 25 Sep 2007, 05:27 »

Yeah, the semi-butch one (no offense to anyone)

Also, the little girl's ability is passive, Anyway.. It seems that since everything is revolving around a "evoloution" theme, I think all of the old heroes have more minor powers then the new heroes.

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #14 on: 25 Sep 2007, 08:42 »

Ahhhhh... at laaaassst...

I am kinda pleased :D so far, the only changes I really feel negatively about is the addition of those Mexican siblings. Feels like there will be too much whining and melodrama in that arc. I didn't like that assface at Claire's school, but I'm hoping it will be like when I didn't like Sylar, and that the assface will turn out to be a cool character. I'm a bit doubtful about... Kensei... but hey, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt! Hope they don't end up undoing all of Hiro's cool, though.

I don't think theyre actually from Mexico, but some other Central America country.  I agree with most of the rest of your post though.
I agree with whoever mentioned the acting has improved as well.  i think the characters have had more time to flesh out a bit as well.

The part that kinda struck me as a line where the proudcers were trying to tell me something, rather than the character's dialogue, was when he took the glasses guy against the wall and was all (not verbatim) "months ago blah blah i was timid, but now blahblah roar)  I feel like theyre shoving Suresh becoming a manly change man down our throats.

Baggy

« Reply #15 on: 26 Sep 2007, 10:59 »

Oh yes, a Heroes topic.  This is good because I can't seem to get my room mates to watch it.

I don't know if I really care about Hiro so far in this season.  He was awesome last season, but now he's so seperated from what's going on (being in the past at all), that whenever his scenes came up I just wanted them to hurry up and get back to the real thing.  But it is kinda funny that Kensei isn't really a hero or even Japanese.

Also, I want to see George Takai and Mrs. Petrelli's powers!  I've been waiting since last season to see what they are!  Well assuming that Mrs. Petrelli's power isn't being a massively cold-hearted bitch.

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #16 on: 27 Sep 2007, 14:01 »

I don't know, that sword and symbol are extremely relevant to the story, so I think what Hiro is doing has more with the plot than say, Claire and Mr. Benett, who are out in California. And plus Hiro is awesome on the simple fact that he is the one most likely to become the first publicly known out of any of them I think. He wants to be a classical super hero, and everyone else is concerned with hiding. I want effing costumes!! Sorry, was that an outburst of nerdy? I believe it was.

Baggy

« Reply #17 on: 27 Sep 2007, 14:32 »

When do they put on their X-men matching costumes?  And where's Jean Grey?

Aimless

« Reply #18 on: 28 Sep 2007, 03:09 »

Sylar is like a cross between Jean Grey and Rogue, but nowhere near as hot as such a cross would be :o

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • My blog
« Reply #19 on: 28 Sep 2007, 05:34 »

dude,
Peter Petrelli's brother (I forgot his name) is basically a rogue rip off.

Though, he is kinda hotter...

Choco

« Reply #20 on: 28 Sep 2007, 08:59 »

I think you're thinking of Peter himself. His brother, Nathan has the ability to fly. Peter pretty much takes the powers of whoever is in his range, and he will be able to use it if he actually knows he has it.

Gemmwah

• Bling blang blong blung
  • fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #21 on: 28 Sep 2007, 09:01 »

Yeah, uh, Nathan Petrelli's powers pretty much consist of flying and growing impressive facial hair.

And Rogue is way hotter, pfft.
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

Baggy

« Reply #22 on: 28 Sep 2007, 09:05 »

his brother is a little more like Ms. Marvel in this situation...only Peter didn't make his brother lose his powers.

This comparison is a gender-bender

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #23 on: 28 Sep 2007, 09:16 »

So now Nathan is infused with the genetic traits of an alien species giving him invulnerability, flight and super strength?

People, if you're going to make comparisons or shout "rip-off," at least have some basic knowledge of the comic book characters you're citing.

Superhero comics as we know them have been around for just shy of seventy years now. Pretty much every superpower that CAN be used, HAS been used. Rip-off is a pretty harsh word when there's just about nothing left to be invented. There isn't a single power on the show that hasn't shown up somewhere before. The vast majority of the powers have come from the last forty-four years of X-Men, though. With how many mutants they've had running around, pretty much every conceivable interesting power has been covered (And many uninteresting ones, shit, that Midas' touch power was used in X-Factor way back in the eighties).
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

Baggy

« Reply #24 on: 28 Sep 2007, 17:10 »

man, I think we're kidding around.  At least, I am.  Maybe someone else was serious and I misread it for joketalk.

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • My blog
« Reply #25 on: 29 Sep 2007, 14:32 »

Oh, I guess I did mean peter, I'll edit that post later..

And I'm half joking half serious on the comparisons to rogue. His is more long term and he doesnt kill anyone in the process of power stealing.

TheBoredOne

• Curry sauce
  • Boop.
    • The Church of Boredom Forums!
« Reply #26 on: 29 Sep 2007, 22:23 »

What if Hiro takes over the role of Kensei, pretending to be him, and does the things that the legends say?
Boredom Makes You Cool.

Baggy

« Reply #27 on: 30 Sep 2007, 09:31 »

I think you may have just discovered what's going to happen!  For some reason, that seems the most likely...and just what Heroes would do

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • My blog
« Reply #28 on: 30 Sep 2007, 11:13 »

I can see that

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #29 on: 01 Oct 2007, 07:09 »

Honestly, I've seen that possibility coming since the entire Kensei legend was brought up in the first place. I'm kind of hoping they don't go that way as it just smacks of Army or Darkness/Legacy of Kain ripoff.
JON MADE ME GAY

TheBoredOne

• Curry sauce
  • Boop.
« Reply #30 on: 01 Oct 2007, 10:43 »

Also: Peter got rid of his goofy looking long hair.
Boredom Makes You Cool.

Baggy

« Reply #31 on: 01 Oct 2007, 13:19 »

I think he cut it off and stuck it on Nathan's face.

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • My blog
« Reply #32 on: 01 Oct 2007, 17:35 »

I liked peters hair!

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #33 on: 01 Oct 2007, 18:08 »

*Sigh* Oh, well.

Also: Excellent X-Men reference at the crime scene. "Hope you survive."
« Last Edit: 01 Oct 2007, 19:06 by 0bsessions »
JON MADE ME GAY

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • My blog
« Reply #34 on: 01 Oct 2007, 19:44 »

I died a little inside when peter put on that ugly plaid shirt...

So, that one annoying highschool guy saw cheerleader regrow her pinky toe!

and I think that little girl is attacking people in her dreams...

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #35 on: 01 Oct 2007, 19:49 »

Actually, I think we're either dealing with a few of the old guard or an empath, like Peter. It seems to me that, whoever attacked Angela was quite probably invisible and whoever attacked Kaito could either teleport or heal fast, hence the quick escape. If they're the same person, I think we're dealing with the latter.
JON MADE ME GAY

TheBoredOne

• Curry sauce
  • Boop.
« Reply #36 on: 02 Oct 2007, 01:14 »

Didn't Claire lose a finger in the first season, to a garbage disposal? It didn't grow back... Haha, not that it matters, but holes are fun to spot.

Also, the Irish chick's accent is totally hot.

I liked seeing Peter in an action sequence. Oddly enough, we don't really get many of those.

I thought my idea was spot-on when Hiro took over for Kensai, but then the "godsend" scene happened.
I was close though!

These are my jarbled thoughts of the episode directly after I watched it.
Boredom Makes You Cool.

Aimless

« Reply #37 on: 02 Oct 2007, 03:30 »

Okay so does Kensei have Claire's power from the beginning (how could he not have known about it?? :o), or is he like Peter, someone who absorbs powers?? Will he shed more light on Claire's ability? Is he skulking around killing Japanese businessmen?? Are all the Heroes his descendants?? Will the black-bearded Japanese fellow become a regular feature??? Meh. At least I don't find Kensei irritating anymore.

I wish I could say the same for Maya and Alejandro, grrr!!! What are they doing, setting her up to kill the new bad-guy?? So not worth a whole season of weepy Spanish over-acting!

And oh yeah, speaking of over-acting... god damn it, why the damn' Irish gang?? Why?? Why couldn't they cater to just one group at a time? The exaggerated accents, the cutesy way of talking... as if more episodes of Peter being dazed and confused wasn't bad enough.

And oh. Peter. Thank GOD he lost the hair. And I'm sure the fans appreciated getting to see his torso for a whole episode :o :o I just hope he becomes cool again very quickly.

I really can't decide how I feel about the new season. I do know I'm v. happy Bennett and the Haitian are together again though :o

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • My blog
« Reply #38 on: 02 Oct 2007, 03:34 »

Claire is the greatx(however many fathers) granddaughter of kensei. Probably, definately

I dont like the spainish people either... They're powers are too mystical for the whole theme and setting of the show. (A.K.A genetics, evoloution, scientific stuffs)

Am I the only one that didnt hate his hair!? And yes, I loved the torso scenes. The oiled torso scenes -drools-

Aimless

« Reply #39 on: 02 Oct 2007, 03:49 »

Promo image from the next ep... a message from Hiro to Ando??

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • My blog
« Reply #40 on: 02 Oct 2007, 05:28 »

totally man!

guywithoutsocks

« Reply #41 on: 02 Oct 2007, 06:32 »

I thought last night's episode was pretty good.  I do think there are too many independent storylines going on right now, but hopefully this will resolve itself.  I'm actually enjoying Mr. Bennett so far this season as well.

The 'insert quote' function appears to be failing, but I wanted to quote ThatWittyGeek's speculation on who the boogeyman might be.  I suspect one of two things:

1) Papa Petrelli (someone we haven't met yet)
2) Molly

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #42 on: 02 Oct 2007, 06:54 »

Didn't Claire lose a finger in the first season, to a garbage disposal? It didn't grow back... Haha, not that it matters, but holes are fun to spot.

She didn't lose a finger, her hand was just mangled.

And considering insert quote not working, I'll have to do this shit manually, it seems:

Okay so does Kensei have Claire's power from the beginning (how could he not have known about it?? ), or is he like Peter, someone who absorbs powers?? Will he shed more light on Claire's ability? Is he skulking around killing Japanese businessmen?? Are all the Heroes his descendants??.

Look at Kensei's characterization. I find it entirely feasible that he had that healing power all along and just never realized it. He's a coward and a fraud and avoids legitimate danger at all turns. I also doubt they're all descendants of him.

I really can't decide how I feel about the new season.

I should hope not, it's all of two episodes in. It's just barely establishing the ongoing plot of the volume.

Claire is the greatx(however many fathers) granddaughter of kensei. Probably, definately

Probably, definitely, unlikely. They've already tied her to the Petrellis, I'd like to have enough faith in the writers to assume that they're not going to make this all one big incestual "everyone is related to everyone" mess of shit. Beyond that, the writers have outright stated that the powers are kind of a crapshoot and one's family has no bearing on it (I.E. Phasing + Super Strength = Mechanical Empathy; Flight + Pyrokinesis=Spontaneous Regeneration).

I dont like the spainish people either... They're powers are too mystical for the whole theme and setting of the show. (A.K.A genetics, evoloution, scientific stuffs)

They've barely scratched the idea of their powers, how can you judge that they're "too mystical?" I didn't see anything mystical about them. She seems to produce a virus and he seems capable of subduing and absorbing said virus. All the "evil" and "cursed" crap is more a product of the South American culture they're from. South/Central America has a very religious culture, moreso than North America, where most of the show has taken place so far.
JON MADE ME GAY

TheBoredOne

• Curry sauce
  • Boop.
« Reply #43 on: 02 Oct 2007, 11:47 »

She didn't lose a finger, her hand was just mangled.

I could've sworn there was a scene where their dog Mr. Muggles, had her finger or something.
Boredom Makes You Cool.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #44 on: 02 Oct 2007, 11:52 »

Nope, nothing like that ever happened. I doubt that'd get by the FCC on a live-action network TV show anyway. The closest thing was that her hand was dripping blood after it happened and Mr. Muggles licked some off the floor.
JON MADE ME GAY

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #45 on: 03 Oct 2007, 20:10 »

Just saw the episode tonight on the internet, missed it Monday.

Yeah, the first thought I had when I saw Kensei regenerate was "oh shit! Claire's ancestor!" True its highly unlikely, but at the same time they are both blonde and blue-eyed, and so is Claire's mother. But yeah, probably not.

And hot damn Peter is kicking some ass, and he's really only doing it reflexively. And, its still getting me that he doesn't have the scar, anyone really notice that part yet?

Sylar is in the next episode!! woooo

blanktom

• FIGHT YOU
  • Liev Schreiber scares me
    • myspace!
« Reply #46 on: 04 Oct 2007, 04:21 »

pretty much loving the new series here in the UK, its quite funny because theyre on like Episode 14 of Series 1 on the BBC, so all the dolomite casual watchers at college are shitting bricks when me and my friends (avid www.tv-links.co.uk watchers) come into college with the down low on the new series.

am looking forward to some clues on whats going on with the elders (Petrelli, Nakamura) etc. and hopefully the storylines will start merging again soon so we wont have to face all the confusion.

oh and i'm totally on board with comments regarding whiny black-eyed latino girl and her constant promise making/breaking brother-of-the-white-hands. i hope their over-acting gets them killed.
Is that you John Wayne? Is this me?

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #47 on: 04 Oct 2007, 06:54 »

I thought Peter's scar only had to do with the future that dealt with Hiro going all vigilante.

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #48 on: 04 Oct 2007, 08:14 »

I honestly have no clue as to that Linds.

Oh, and I didn't mention this before, but even though Mrs. Petrelli is kindof an evil bitch, I don't want her to die... Why is that?

TheBoredOne

• Curry sauce
  • Boop.
« Reply #49 on: 04 Oct 2007, 10:39 »

I think its because the road to hell is paved with good intentions, and I'm interested to see what her good intentions are/were. I think she means well, she's just a bitch. Except for the whole blow up New York idea. That was pretty bad.
Boredom Makes You Cool.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up