THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 16:04
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Heroes right now  (Read 60560 times)

Gemmwah

• Bling blang blong blung
  • fffffffffffffffffff
Re: Heroes right now
« Reply #50 on: 04 Oct 2007, 17:24 »

I thought Peter's scar only had to do with the future that dealt with Hiro going all vigilante.

I thought it was the fact that he blew up, and seeing as he blew up both times it makes sense for him to have the scar.
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

Baggy

« Reply #51 on: 04 Oct 2007, 20:46 »

I only want Mrs. Petrelli to survive until I know what she can do.  Then she can die.

That's a lie, I sort of want her to live too.

Maybe we got to see a clue to it this episode?  When she told the cop to get out of her head?

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • I'm a lion, and I'm flyin'.
    • My blog
« Reply #52 on: 05 Oct 2007, 05:23 »

Posted by: Baggy 
"Maybe we got to see a clue to it this episode?  When she told the cop to get out of her head?"

I dont think so. I think it means she definately knows whats going on, and that she knows that there is someone who can read minds. I think all she did was think "GET OUT OF MY HEAD"
"Cause I might be a werewolf...but why would an inquisitor of the pope be in a webcomic forum?"

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #53 on: 05 Oct 2007, 07:08 »

I thought Peter's scar only had to do with the future that dealt with Hiro going all vigilante.

I thought it was the fact that he blew up, and seeing as he blew up both times it makes sense for him to have the scar.

Ah. I have no idea, really. I thought he'd gotten it from Sylar. Maybe we'll find out when he remembers what happened to him.

Did Peter have that blue projectile power last season? I don't remember it.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Baggy

« Reply #54 on: 05 Oct 2007, 07:46 »

Yeah me neither.  Maybe, whoever put him in that box like...secretly implanted more powers in his memory subconsciously somehow.

"Maybe we got to see a clue to it this episode?  When she told the cop to get out of her head?"

I dont think so. I think it means she definately knows whats going on, and that she knows that there is someone who can read minds. I think all she did was think "GET OUT OF MY HEAD"

What I was getting at is that maybe her power is just being able to identify other peoples powers, or something of that nature. 

TheBoredOne

• Curry sauce
  • Boop.
    • The Church of Boredom Forums!
« Reply #55 on: 05 Oct 2007, 11:20 »

About Peter's scar:

I'm pretty sure in the apocalyptic future, Peter didn't save the cheerleader, so therefore no regeneration abilities.

Peter heals now, so no scars.
Boredom Makes You Cool.

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • My blog
« Reply #56 on: 05 Oct 2007, 12:16 »

Yeah me neither.  Maybe, whoever put him in that box like...secretly implanted more powers in his memory subconsciously somehow.

What I was getting at is that maybe her power is just being able to identify other peoples powers, or something of that nature. 

I dont think so, I think she just might be intelligent. But hey, anythings possible
"Cause I might be a werewolf...but why would an inquisitor of the pope be in a webcomic forum?"

Aimless

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Untss untss untss untss
« Reply #57 on: 06 Oct 2007, 07:02 »

I just assumed the blue balls were a modification of Ted's power...
Sometimes I think, sometimes I am

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • My blog
« Reply #58 on: 09 Oct 2007, 03:11 »

What is with peter and those grodie shirts!? They're all like, plaid/flanel ugly shirts.

Anyway, this last episode was lame.

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #59 on: 09 Oct 2007, 06:19 »

What is with peter and those grodie shirts!? They're all like, plaid/flanel ugly shirts.

He woke up in a crate with naught but a pair of pants. He's living off shirts borrowed from Irish mobsters. I doubt he's got much choice in the matter.

Anyway, this last episode was lame.

I disagree. I completely and absolutely disagree.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

leave for no raisin

« Reply #60 on: 09 Oct 2007, 10:53 »

About Peter's scar:

I'm pretty sure in the apocalyptic future, Peter didn't save the cheerleader, so therefore no regeneration abilities.

That's pretty much what I was assuming.  Since they saved Claire, there is no future with vigilante Hiro and scarred Peter.

Also, was anyone else like WTF when Peter didn't open the box?  I mean, if you had all these crazy super powers and amnesia, wouldn't you want some answers?

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #61 on: 09 Oct 2007, 11:11 »

The factor of Claire didn't contribute to the scar. As was noted and covered in Five Years Gone, Peter still had the scar after saving Claire. The producers, in a recent interview on CBR, stated that the scar could always show up later.

In terms of not opening the box, the rationale he used has been covered in places before. One of the biggest fears is fear of the unknown (Which stems into many other fears, such as darkness, death; all things that are unknown in a way) and he fears what he may find out.

A good example is the character Wolverine from the X-Men comics. For most of his life, he's been suffering from amnesia. Never knowing what his past was really like, yet always afraid that if he ever found out the truth, that it would be a truth he couldn't handle. Given, it didn't stop him from eventually seeking said truth, but the fear was always there. I find this episode did a good job of putting forth this viewpoint.
JON MADE ME GAY

DavidGrohl

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #62 on: 09 Oct 2007, 16:18 »

Re: Peter's Blue Power

Most likely obtained from the last encounter with Syler (sp?).  In that 'what could of been' episode, Peter's bluish lightning faced off against his red lightning.  I'm sure they're the same power.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #63 on: 09 Oct 2007, 16:21 »

Nope. Watch it again, that wasn't lightning. Peter was emitting flame from his hands (Possibly Ted's power as he admittedly blew up NY and must've had said power, but also possibly Meredith's power) and Sylar was using his ice.

The blue lightning is to be addressed very soon. Anyone who's curious, spoiler warning now:

Kristen Bell of Veronica Mars will be guest starring as a woman named Elle who is presently hunting Peter. The solicits for the episode list her as being an "electrifying" new character.
« Last Edit: 09 Oct 2007, 16:23 by 0bsessions »
JON MADE ME GAY

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #64 on: 09 Oct 2007, 19:06 »

This kind of why I wasn't surprised when his tattoo started to disappear. But I was intrigued by it morphing as it did so.

I am looking forward to how Claire deals with her dad now that her new boyfriend or whatever told her about what happened. I really started to like Mr. Bennett, and now she seems to be all angsty again and there's a possibility he'll die. Boo.

DavidGrohl

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #65 on: 10 Oct 2007, 21:41 »

Ewww . . Mr. Bennett neeeds to die.

TheBoredOne

• Curry sauce
  • Boop.
    • The Church of Boredom Forums!
« Reply #66 on: 11 Oct 2007, 10:59 »

Also, was anyone else like WTF when Peter didn't open the box?

Didn't you notice it was the sexy time? No time to open memory boxes.

Also, I kind of assumed the lightning he was shooting was from someone nearby. Say, Caitlin for example.
« Last Edit: 11 Oct 2007, 11:05 by TheBoredOne »
Boredom Makes You Cool.

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • My blog
« Reply #67 on: 12 Oct 2007, 03:35 »

Im kinda pissed that sylar took that illusionist girl's powers. She'd be an interesting character.

Gemmwah

• Bling blang blong blung
  • fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #68 on: 12 Oct 2007, 10:53 »

She was an interesting character last season, although I was pissed that they replaced Missy Peregrym for the role anyway so I'm kinda glad they killed her off.
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

KTkat

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #69 on: 14 Oct 2007, 22:12 »

Also, I kind of assumed the lightning he was shooting was from someone nearby. Say, Caitlin for example.

Interesting idea. While I don't think she'd keep it a secret from Peter once she saw what he could do (or that her brother wouldn't know about it, for that matter) it seemed strange that she pretty much just accepted that Peter had these abilities.

I want something to happen with Ando. I like his character. If the only part he plays is reading messages from Hiro...that's annoying and dumb.
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
~Oscar Wilde

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • My blog
« Reply #70 on: 15 Oct 2007, 03:47 »

agreed!

Omfgs its on tonight!!

will: wanton sex god

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #71 on: 15 Oct 2007, 18:53 »

I'm glad there was minimal hiro shit this episode.  Want to see what's going on with "knows-how-to-do-shit-after-seeing-it-once girl.

ahhaa she  619'd a bitch.
« Last Edit: 15 Oct 2007, 19:00 by will: wanton sex god »

Kymac

« Reply #72 on: 15 Oct 2007, 19:21 »

To be honest, I was sorry that Peter's and Hiro's stories weren't progressed at all (even though, it looks like most of the next episode will be about Peter).

What is Sylar planning though? What point is it to know his companion's powers and such if he can't even use them anymore?

Also, if the little girl that tracks people (forget her name) is afraid of tracking Bob, why not just track Parker's father?  or vice versa?  I mean, in case he didn't want to risk it.

Finally, in case I missed something, since when did Nathan get separated and now is no longer to see his kids?

I hope imitation girl goes kung-fu on a roomful of henchmen monks or something.

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • My blog
« Reply #73 on: 16 Oct 2007, 03:34 »

I kinda liked the other "learning girl" more than this one. The other one had a more cute/interesting personality than this one... though she didnt kick as much ass.

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #74 on: 16 Oct 2007, 06:24 »

Did anyone else notice the similarity of molly's nightmare guy to the eye of sauron. "I see you!" it even used the same voice.
Guys guys I got this condition it is called "Involuntary Lottery Loser" guys don't laugh it is a disorder.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #75 on: 16 Oct 2007, 07:32 »

I'm glad there was minimal hiro shit this episode.  Want to see what's going on with "knows-how-to-do-shit-after-seeing-it-once girl.

Two words: photographic reflexes. Same idea as the Marvel villain Taskmaster.

I kinda liked the other "learning girl" more than this one. The other one had a more cute/interesting personality than this one... though she didnt kick as much ass.

Two completely different powers. Charlie had eidetic memory, basically a photographic memory. It's been theorized that the human brain has the legitimate potential to perform this one and some people have exhibited a vague extent of it. Basically, she just sees and remembers everything. Monica, however, has photographic reflexes, making her able to mimic actions she has seen.

Two vaguely similar, but in effect different powers.

What is Sylar planning though? What point is it to know his companion's powers and such if he can't even use them anymore?

He presently can't use them. As Candice pointed out, his powers will return in time, but he's presently in rough shape.

Also, if the little girl that tracks people (forget her name) is afraid of tracking Bob, why not just track Parker's father?  or vice versa?  I mean, in case he didn't want to risk it.

Molly. In terms of your question, though, that's assuming that Bob and Parkman's father are together at all times, which is highly unlikely and a rather odd presumption to make. I know I sure as Hell am not with my coworkers at all times. Beyond that, Molly's afraid of tracking Parkman's father, not Bob. Mohinder would have no trouble getting ahold of Bob on his own, it's Parkman's dad that's the problem.

Finally, in case I missed something, since when did Nathan get separated and now is no longer to see his kids?

It happened in the four month gap. Not only was this established in the first episode of the season, it was mentioned repeatedly in this past episode.
JON MADE ME GAY

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #76 on: 17 Oct 2007, 03:38 »

He presently can't use them. As Candice pointed out, his powers will return in time, but he's presently in rough shape.

I thought he's got his power back? The clock ticking means he has his power back. I'm sure.
What a waste of an awesome power killing the illusions girl.

I think the last episode is better than most of the beginning of the season so far.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • My blog
« Reply #77 on: 17 Oct 2007, 03:43 »

hmm, never thought of it that way 0bie.

My Dad has a theory that the flying highschool douche killed Hiro's Father. They have the same body size and that explains why there was no murderer AND that kid is known for flying to distant locations very fast.

BoutASouffle

« Reply #78 on: 17 Oct 2007, 05:03 »

Is anyone else convinced that the Veronica Mars chick is going to get Heroes canceled?

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #79 on: 17 Oct 2007, 06:51 »

It would explain a lot if the flying kid was the murderer. It would certainly explain the picture of Claire's father dead. By the way speaking which I assume her father thinks she's being comforted by the murderer, when I'm sure that won't be the circumstance.

And the future has been changed before, that guy is way too cool to die!
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

KTkat

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #80 on: 18 Oct 2007, 21:45 »

Ah, but remember...that was painting 8/8. Presumably Isaac painted them in the order they're (supposedly) going to happen. Otherwise, why would the numbering matter?

What I'm trying to say is that Bennet dying won't become an issue until the end of the season. We still have 6 other paintings to discover and "experience."
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
~Oscar Wilde

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #81 on: 19 Oct 2007, 08:55 »

Actually, more like mid-season. Volume Two is going to be between seven and ten episodes long (The writers said seven in an interview last week and I'm not sure if they meant seven left in the volume, considering this interview was after episode 3, or seven total in the volume). Basically, the primary plot elements of this volume (The eight Mendez paintings, Hiro in Japan, Peter in Ireland, the murder mystery) should be wrapped up mid-season to move on to the next volume.
JON MADE ME GAY

the-artful-dodger-rodger

• Furry furrier
« Reply #82 on: 22 Oct 2007, 14:50 »

I just assumed the blue balls were a modification of Ted's power...

Peter's newest power is Electromagnetism, causing lighting and such.

over all I'm still psych to see where this season goes,
Do I listen to pop music because I'm miserable or am I miserable because listen to pop music?
- John Cusack

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #83 on: 22 Oct 2007, 19:34 »

how does he already have it, unless he met the blonde girl beforehand somehow within that four months we're missing.

And cool with Matt's powers, gives him the potential to become a much greater force in the future and subsequently probably the only person who can stop The Nightmate Man, aka his father. I like Matt for some reason, even though his character is so unlikeable.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

the-artful-dodger-rodger

• Furry furrier
« Reply #84 on: 23 Oct 2007, 04:36 »

I do think that blonde chick put Peter in that shiping contenment.
Do I listen to pop music because I'm miserable or am I miserable because listen to pop music?
- John Cusack

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • My blog
« Reply #85 on: 23 Oct 2007, 05:30 »

Matt the cop can insert thoughts into peoples heads!

That makes him like 50 times cooler.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #86 on: 23 Oct 2007, 07:01 »

how does he already have it, unless he met the blonde girl beforehand somehow within that four months we're missing.

I'd like to say that comes off as pretty obvious, why else would she be hunting him? It looks as if she works for the company, considering rumors that the Haitian is involved in his memory loss and she mentions a company. They've tried to bag and tag Peter before, after all (In the episode "Unexpected").

And cool with Matt's powers, gives him the potential to become a much greater force in the future and subsequently probably the only person who can stop The Nightmate Man, aka his father. I like Matt for some reason, even though his character is so unlikeable.

What's unlikeable about Matt? He's always been one of my favorite characters.

On the subject of his powers, it looks like it's expanding to full fledged telepathy. He can read and project thoughts, who wants to start placing bets on whether or not he develops a capability to outright control thoughts eventually?
JON MADE ME GAY

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #87 on: 23 Oct 2007, 08:51 »

That would be cool, especially if he becomes more powerful than his father, who appears to be a complete dick.

About the blonde chick - I'm sure Peter absorbed her powers, as she's the only one so far to have any electricity based powers. Any thoughts on who her "Daddy" is? I'm wondering if it's Bob or someone else that is in the original picture.

leave for no raisin

« Reply #88 on: 23 Oct 2007, 09:42 »

I like Matt for some reason, even though his character is so unlikeable.

I agree.  I think I just like him because he was Weiss on Alias.

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #89 on: 23 Oct 2007, 12:14 »

It would explain a lot if the flying kid was the murderer. It would certainly explain the picture of Claire's father dead. By the way speaking which I assume her father thinks she's being comforted by the murderer, when I'm sure that won't be the circumstance.

And the future has been changed before, that guy is way too cool to die!

If it was the flying kid, then why did Hiro's friend saw someone get up and run away from the floor?
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

Aimless

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Untss untss untss untss
« Reply #90 on: 26 Oct 2007, 03:50 »

Omg I like this show again!! Finally! :D :D Parkman's dad, sooo coool... Peter, shaping up again... Nathan also cool... even Mohinder... and mmmm Veronica Mars... :D good thing the writers left out claire, the mexicans, and Hiro (for the most part) this time. The only problem is that means they'll probably get an ep all to themselves, and that ep will royally suck!!

PS. Why didn't Parkman have uber mind-powers in the future??
Sometimes I think, sometimes I am

the-artful-dodger-rodger

• Furry furrier
« Reply #91 on: 26 Oct 2007, 05:37 »

well that was one glimpse of a possible future for Matt, a new possible for Matt is some uber telepath.
- John Cusack

blanktom

• FIGHT YOU
  • Liev Schreiber scares me
    • myspace!
« Reply #92 on: 30 Oct 2007, 11:05 »

sort of bumping this, i hope nobody has lost interest!

who the hell is Adam Monroe and what actually happened at the end of last nights episode?

anybody else worried that Monica (muscle mimic girl) is going to turn into some kind of lame crime-fighting have-a-go?
Is that you John Wayne? Is this me?

leave for no raisin

« Reply #93 on: 30 Oct 2007, 11:21 »

Nah, this thread generally quiets down and is then revisited at the beginning of the week.

I like Monica.  I would probably fight some crime if I could watch some Jet Li or Jackie Chan and then go out and kick some ass.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #94 on: 30 Oct 2007, 11:34 »

I don't predict alot of crime fighting for Monica. I predict she will use her new iPod to learn how to build houses and she will single-handedly fix New Orleans and embarass the shit out of George Bush for doing his job for him. She will then be elected president, end the war in Iraq, and discontinue all non-electric cars. The day is saved! .....in a sort of roundabout way.

Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #95 on: 30 Oct 2007, 11:52 »

who the hell is Adam Monroe and what actually happened at the end of last nights episode?

It's called a cliffhanger, good sir. According to some of the additional materials on the internet (Comics, 360 Experience, Primatech website, etc), Adam Monroe might be one of the original twelve. My guess is he's Elle's father and has a similar adaptive power to Peter and is the one killing off the others.
JON MADE ME GAY

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • My blog
« Reply #96 on: 31 Oct 2007, 05:40 »

I watch this show, then forget what happens like, a day after its aired.
Maybe we should have someone summarize the good plot points?

Anyway, Of what I do remember. Peter is still hot, the cute flying guy fucked with that bitchy cheerleader, the spainish plot is still uninteresting, and I feel bad for the english samurai.

Though, I do find it interesting that Nikki is going to babysit Dr.Suresh from now on.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #97 on: 31 Oct 2007, 06:25 »

Umm...they do a recap before just about every episode...that just sounds like a personal problem to me.
JON MADE ME GAY

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #98 on: 31 Oct 2007, 08:46 »

I was kind of hoping they'd give her something to get rid of her power. Because it's stupid and I've never liked her character.

I don't think I like that Mr. Bennett is kind of going back to his old self. I was beginning to like him because he was becoming a better person, but now he's kind of going backwards. And I'm sick of Sylar and I hope the hispanic dude lets him die next time.

I kind of feel bad for Hiro now, though. I doubt he'd get killed or whatever, but I don't want the british guy to have another reason to try to.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #99 on: 31 Oct 2007, 08:53 »

I don't see how Bennett is "returning to his old self." He never really changed. Remember, at the end of season one, he was outright willing to kill Molly to protect Claire. Molly, an innocent, eleven year old girl. He damn near broke his new boss's hand over a coffee break. Killing a company employee who he just happened to be close with over a decade ago to protect his family is hardly surprising, to me. He's never been much of a humanitarian, his only real redeeming quality as a person is his willingness to do anything to protect the ones he truly loves.

That said, we should consider ourselves lucky he's even still around. Bennett wasn't originally supposed to last through the first half of season one, but Coleman tested so well with audiences that they made him a full cast member.
JON MADE ME GAY
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up