THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 10:21
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Heroes right now  (Read 60529 times)

Lines

• Awakened
Re: Heroes right now
« Reply #100 on: 31 Oct 2007, 09:07 »

It wasn't shooting the guy, I think, but what he was telling Mohinder to do. I don't really know why I started to like him in the first place anymore, but I know I'm starting to not to again.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

leave for no raisin

« Reply #101 on: 31 Oct 2007, 09:24 »

I was kind of hoping they'd give her something to get rid of her power. Because it's stupid and I've never liked her character.

Assuming you're talking about Nikki, I SO agree.  I'm kind of unclear on if Jessica still comes out or not.  I thought that problem was symbolically taken care of last season when she had to kick Linderman's ass, but she still acts like Jessica sometimes.  Is Jessica still around, or has she just integrated Jessica and Nikki together?

Anyway, that being said, they're both super annoying.  I was hoping that getting "cured" was a way of easing her off of the show, especially since Micah isn't with her anymore.

And man oh man do I wish that Kensei plot would end.

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #102 on: 31 Oct 2007, 19:33 »

i like this show...
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • I'm a lion, and I'm flyin'.
    • My blog
« Reply #103 on: 01 Nov 2007, 05:32 »

Well, I do realize theres a recap. But it just doesnt seem to suffice!

I dont like Jessicas character either. Her alter ego is too arrogantly cocky and herself is too much of a push over. Maybe its just the actress, or maybe its the writers..

either way I dont like her.
"Cause I might be a werewolf...but why would an inquisitor of the pope be in a webcomic forum?"

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #104 on: 01 Nov 2007, 08:32 »

I think part of its the actress, I really don't like her for some reason.

And damn it all to hell if the characters aren't giving into their darker sides. That's annoying, I want heroes damnit, not angsty people with issues and stuff.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

the-artful-dodger-rodger

• Furry furrier
« Reply #105 on: 02 Nov 2007, 13:03 »

guys relax we only 7 episodes in, we still got 17 episodes to go.

besides we cant have happy people who are glad to have powers, we need the angsty.
Do I listen to pop music because I'm miserable or am I miserable because listen to pop music?
- John Cusack

leave for no raisin

« Reply #106 on: 04 Nov 2007, 13:33 »

I was watching the Heroes post-show last night on G4, and they interviewed the guy who plays Mr. Bennet.  When they asked him who Adam Monroe was, he said that he was someone who we've seen before "in some form."

Here's my theory:
I think Adam Monroe is Kensei.  I think that Hiro disrupted the space/time continuum by going back in time, and is going to end up kind of taking Kensei's place in history.  I'll bet that those with the regeneration power don't age or something once their powers manifest, so now he is some kind of bad guy in the present.  I also think that the Veronica Mars girl with the lightning power may be his daughter.

I might be waaaay off base here, but I wanted to post it before tomorrow's episode.

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #107 on: 05 Nov 2007, 05:43 »

UGH!

Good and bad news. The good news is that the writers thought ahead enough to have written the season into two separate volumes, so season ten will have the potential for a clean breakpoint. Unfortunately, this stupid fucking writers' strike is all-encompassing, so this basically means that they've had to reshoot an alternate ending to try and make the end of this volume more suitable as a season finale and will be the end of Heroes (And pretty much every other network show) for the time being.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #108 on: 05 Nov 2007, 07:14 »

That kind of sucks. But if it's between my entertainment and the writers getting what they want/need, I support the writers. But I'll still be kind of sad if it's not on after December, as this show is one of the few good ones on right now.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #109 on: 05 Nov 2007, 07:36 »

Personally, from what few details I've gathered, I side with the studios. The entire idea of royalties has always rubbed me wrong and it's not like the writers are writing anything more than what they're being paid to write. The people being hurt most by this are the consumers.
JON MADE ME GAY

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #110 on: 05 Nov 2007, 07:49 »

Other than the fact most writers aren't paid jack compared to how much the masses buy/read/see their work.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #111 on: 05 Nov 2007, 19:03 »

OH, SNAP!
JON MADE ME GAY

the-artful-dodger-rodger

• Furry furrier
« Reply #112 on: 05 Nov 2007, 19:07 »

I think as most people who watched hereos tonight had a nerdgasm at the end and at the preview of next week ep.
Do I listen to pop music because I'm miserable or am I miserable because listen to pop music?
- John Cusack

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #113 on: 05 Nov 2007, 19:26 »

JON MADE ME GAY

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • My blog
« Reply #114 on: 05 Nov 2007, 19:28 »

I was watching the Heroes post-show last night on G4, and they interviewed the guy who plays Mr. Bennet.  When they asked him who Adam Monroe was, he said that he was someone who we've seen before "in some form."

Here's my theory:
I think Adam Monroe is Kensei.  I think that Hiro disrupted the space/time continuum by going back in time, and is going to end up kind of taking Kensei's place in history.  I'll bet that those with the regeneration power don't age or something once their powers manifest, so now he is some kind of bad guy in the present.  I also think that the Veronica Mars girl with the lightning power may be his daughter.

I might be waaaay off base here, but I wanted to post it before tomorrow's episode.

HOLY FUCK
"Cause I might be a werewolf...but why would an inquisitor of the pope be in a webcomic forum?"

0bsessions

• Quiki
JON MADE ME GAY

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • My blog
« Reply #116 on: 05 Nov 2007, 19:32 »

leave for no raisin

« Reply #117 on: 05 Nov 2007, 19:55 »

I'm anxious to see if I'm right about Elle being his daughter.

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #118 on: 05 Nov 2007, 20:08 »

Holy shit, I can't fucking believe that Kensei is fucking Adam. I mean I can, but I can't.

This was the best episode I've seen so far, personally.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

the-artful-dodger-rodger

• Furry furrier
« Reply #119 on: 06 Nov 2007, 04:57 »

who here thinks Adam killed Kaito (Hiro's Father) and probaby will try t kill Ando too?

and Hiro is Takezo Kensei because it was all done by Hiro more or less.
« Last Edit: 06 Nov 2007, 04:59 by the-artful-dodger-rodger »
- John Cusack

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #120 on: 06 Nov 2007, 06:35 »

Well, he's the literary figure of Takezo Kensei, but Adam is the actual "historical" one who named himself it. And its already been said, Adam used people like Matt's father to do his dirty work, he's the visionary. Especially since so far as we know he and Claire are the same, as in they can regenerate. Who knows though, maybe he has some other tricks up his sleeve? Parkman's powers are already starting to evolve, so maybe everyone else has limitations beyond what they can dream of. (Pun intended)

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #121 on: 06 Nov 2007, 07:03 »

I'm anxious to see if I'm right about Elle being his daughter.

I don't think it goes that far. I get the feeling she's Bob's daughter. Note that she was tracking him for a company, the man she spoke to on the phone was her father and she's seen in previews for next week with Bob.
JON MADE ME GAY

leave for no raisin

« Reply #122 on: 06 Nov 2007, 08:35 »

Yeah, I'm not so sure about that one anymore.  It originally just popped in my head because she said "dad" all mysteriously that one time.  It actually makes more sense that she is Bob's daughter after seeing last night's episode (Adam's been locked up, Bob "lost" Peter, etc).

blanktom

• FIGHT YOU
  • Liev Schreiber scares me
    • myspace!
« Reply #123 on: 06 Nov 2007, 08:37 »

raisin is a genius, i didnt see that coming at all.

but HOLY SHIT it was good. where's sylar going to be in all of this? anyone think he might switch sides and do some good? either way i'm happy they seem to be pulling all those random story-lines together.
Is that you John Wayne? Is this me?

leave for no raisin

« Reply #124 on: 06 Nov 2007, 08:39 »

Maybe Sylar will be like Magneto in X-Men 2 and band together with the good guys to fight a bigger menace (but then double-cross them and go back to murdering).

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • My blog
« Reply #125 on: 06 Nov 2007, 08:42 »

Sylar is doing good already  :roll:

Didnt you see the comercial!?!

He was planting a tree!

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #126 on: 06 Nov 2007, 09:36 »

This episode was brilliant.

props raisin. props.

It was such an amazing episode and sylar wasn't even in it.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Aimless

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Untss untss untss untss
« Reply #127 on: 06 Nov 2007, 14:32 »

I actually LIKE having so much of the plot be predictable!!!

I loved this ep. Note how every ep without the Mexican siblings rocks.
Sometimes I think, sometimes I am

DavidGrohl

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #128 on: 06 Nov 2007, 18:48 »

The Mexicans will save the day by making Adam bleed from the eyes!  You'll see!  Actually, I hope Sylar kills them both.

leave for no raisin

« Reply #129 on: 06 Nov 2007, 20:31 »

Yeah, I'm not a fan of them, either.  Something about Alejandro's face just bothers me.

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #130 on: 06 Nov 2007, 20:49 »

Yeah, they have the power to permanently kill both Sylar and Adam, that's for sure.

KTkat

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #131 on: 07 Nov 2007, 02:10 »

While I think this'll definitely make for an exciting/interesting future for Heroes, does anyone else find Adam/Kensei reeeeeeaaaaalllllly pathetic for holding a grudge for OVER 300 YEARS?! Seriously. Then again...did he know what time period Hiro was from? Maybe he has no idea...and then randomly runs into him and the shock throws a wrench in his whole plan. Heh.

Assuming it's the regenerative abilities that have kept him alive, I wonder how Claire will take that information when she finds out. And Peter, too, when he (re?)discovers it.
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
~Oscar Wilde

the-artful-dodger-rodger

• Furry furrier
« Reply #132 on: 07 Nov 2007, 04:32 »

the worst thing you can do to a man is to give him hope, then take away from him, I could see why Adam is pissed at Hiro. Hiro told him that he is a hero, told him that people will remember his actons forever, fall in love the most beatuful girl ever, then when it turns out it doesnt happen, Adam gets pissed.

I doubt that the wonder twins have the power to Adam  because get blown up and still is around. I hope Sylar kills them both.
- John Cusack

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #133 on: 07 Nov 2007, 06:14 »

It's not really like he had a choice anyway, he can't die.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #134 on: 07 Nov 2007, 12:07 »

I don't know if Adam, or Claire, will be able to die unless something happens like what happened to Claire in the first season, when she got something stuck in her head.

I'm glad Parkman's dad is now stuck in his own nightmare. Guy was a douche.

BoutASouffle

« Reply #135 on: 07 Nov 2007, 19:58 »

Personally, from what few details I've gathered, I side with the studios. The entire idea of royalties has always rubbed me wrong and it's not like the writers are writing anything more than what they're being paid to write. The people being hurt most by this are the consumers.

The idea of royalties has a lot to do with the fact that it's the writer's initial creation, their own creative entity, that's getting resold over and over again - and so they should get some of the profits as it gets sold across different mediums. The idea is that below-the-line workers get hourly wages because their work is labor-based and are only needed once. A writer's work, however, creates a new entity that belongs to them. Writers survive on royalties because it takes anywhere from weeks to years to write a script for television or movies. The time is their investment into future profits. Imagine putting money into a stock and having your bank take 99% of the profits, even though it's your initial investment in that stock that helped it grow.

Basically, without royalties the growing profit that lasts for years would only go to the production companies. Directors, writers, and even producers, wouldn't get a penny after their initial wages. These type of workers risk a lot going into a profession where they may only get once chance at a successfully screenplay, and thus are compensated with royalties for their risk. A traditional worker has a more tangible skill that can get them a job anywhere in their field. Writers are a dime a dozen and depend on the growing profits of their creation to survive.

That said, Heroes is definitely making a comeback. I'm extremely happy with the direction it's taking... However, I feel strongly that this strike is important. I'm hoping the actors decide not to cross the picket line until the strike is over, even if it means that we won't get to see the end of this arc. Some writer's kid's college education is a hell of a lot more important than an hour of entertainment.

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #136 on: 08 Nov 2007, 20:21 »

True, but I really really really need my Heroes fix.

Maybe this would be a good time to finally rent Firefly on DvD and watch it, I like Space Cowboys too.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #137 on: 09 Nov 2007, 08:32 »

I will miss Heroes, but I would rather the strike end sooner than later because strikes really suck for everyone involved, so I'll just catch up on it when the strike is over.

This is going to probably drive me crazy not knowing what's going on.

thepugs

« Reply #138 on: 10 Nov 2007, 08:37 »

One of the things on my mind lately was Adam's bit about everything Hiro loved being laid to waste.

Hiro loved Charlie; Charlie died.  By Sylar...connection?  I can't really see any way they could be connected, given the history we've been given, but you never know.  There's no way it's just some weird coincidence.

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • My blog
« Reply #139 on: 12 Nov 2007, 19:16 »

Pretty average episode.
I dont like that lightning bitch though, I mean... Why would you cut his hair! HE WAS ADORABLE!
Like a little minature, superpowered, angsty Connor Oberst.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #140 on: 12 Nov 2007, 19:49 »

Ugh. THAT is your primary distaste with this episode? For one, Peter looked like an emo tool with that hair and he's become about eight shades more tolerable since losing it.

Beyond that, this was the first episode I would outright call bad. There was so much I disliked about it, leading the pack is D.L.'s death. Let me get this straight, he reacts quickly enough to phase through a punch in a dark room, but can't bloody well avoid a gun thrust directly into his chest? Either shoot him in the back or have him flip out at Nikki for quitting her meds and have HER kill him. The only thing I cared for involving their arc was D.L. becoming a fireman. That's about all that made sense.

Meanwhile, we can get some useless backstory on the entirely uninteresting South American twins, yet we don't learn how the shit Candace got ahold of Sylar or what in the eveliving shit happened with Matt? The dude took four bullets to the chest and somehow managed to recover quickly enough to divorce his pregnant wife then move in with Mohinder and adopt Molly? My only hope with that plotline is that they'll cover it later as I figure they'll have Matt confront Janice when the baby's actually born (It never crossed my mind until now that it's impossible for Janice to have had the baby yet, as she'd have to have been about five months pregnant at the minimum when the show started).

Adam's healing blood is also entirely too deus ex machina. Did not care for that little twist.

I DID like Peter's overall story.
JON MADE ME GAY

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • My blog
« Reply #141 on: 12 Nov 2007, 20:27 »

Well, I'll reinstate that it was okay. I'm really interested in the Adam character now, He seems wise and less douche baggy than before. The twins episode was good today though, I just wish the whole plot with them didnt seem so watered down. Nikki needs to die (as always) and that new blond girl is SO annoying "Omfg guyzorz I havs emo boy who is the most powerful person in the worrrllldssssss"

the-artful-dodger-rodger

• Furry furrier
« Reply #142 on: 13 Nov 2007, 06:10 »

is Adam really that evil? last night ep dont make it so.
- John Cusack

leave for no raisin

« Reply #143 on: 13 Nov 2007, 08:40 »

I was thinking the same thing.  Although, I think this is how we're supposed to feel right now.  We also don't know what Adam's definition of "saving the world" is exactly.

Both Adam and "the company" are pretty morally ambiguous.

TheBoredOne

• Curry sauce
  • Boop.
    • The Church of Boredom Forums!
« Reply #144 on: 13 Nov 2007, 10:36 »

but can't bloody well avoid a gun thrust directly into his chest? Either shoot him in the back or have him flip out at Nikki...

Seemed they were walking out of the club, and the guy shouted at them and they didn't turn around.

So it was in his back.

At least that's how I remember it.
Boredom Makes You Cool.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #145 on: 13 Nov 2007, 11:49 »

You remember it wrong, bluntly speaking. Download a torrent or something. The guy walked up to the two of them, D.L. said something along the lines of "Let it go, man. We're leaving." Then the dude produced a revolver and shot him in the stomach.
JON MADE ME GAY

I Am Not Amused

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
    • http://www.myspace.com/bittercamparimusic
« Reply #146 on: 13 Nov 2007, 14:05 »

Two words, people: Writer's. Strike.

Why do you think there are now only three episodes left to the season? Why do you think all the loose ends from "Four Months Ago" were so hastily wrapped up? I mean, I liked the last episode, personally, but it was apparent that Heroes is one show trying to get out of the way before the writer's stike takes too much of a toll, so they can come back with Season 3 with well-paid writer's and a great story on par with Season 1.
Zac Efron wants a sourcebox lulz.

leave for no raisin

« Reply #147 on: 13 Nov 2007, 17:04 »

There are only three episodes left of volume 2, which was planned for only 10 episodes, unless I'm mistaken.  Then volume 3 was supposed to start, but it won't now because of the strike. 

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #148 on: 13 Nov 2007, 17:17 »

Yeah, this episode was just sloppy writing in general. They've known a potential writers' strike was coming since before season one ended and planned a multi-volume season in anticipation to begin with. They're not "rushing to wrap things up" considering the season is pacing itself as it would have strike or no strike. As it stands, the only change made has been to the ending of episode eleven as they adjusted it slightly to serve better as a "season finale" as opposed to just the end of a volume of stories.

Double check your facts.
JON MADE ME GAY

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #149 on: 13 Nov 2007, 18:25 »

but can't bloody well avoid a gun thrust directly into his chest? Either shoot him in the back or have him flip out at Nikki...

Seemed they were walking out of the club, and the guy shouted at them and they didn't turn around.

So it was in his back.

At least that's how I remember it.

It wasn't in his back, he should have seen it coming, which leaves me puzzled as well.

I kind of liked the episode. There were no sappy bits, it explained what was going on. Maybe it came a bit to early in the season, but for the rest, it wasn't that bad.

I'm really confused about Adam, is he a good guy, is he a bad guy? I know he's supposed to hate Hiro, but even then, you don't know whether right now what he feels is 'twart Hiro'. I don't think he knows that Peter knows Hiro. This storyline is building up quite nicely.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up