THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 03:43
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Heroes right now  (Read 60596 times)

the-artful-dodger-rodger

• Furry furrier
Re: Heroes right now
« Reply #150 on: 13 Nov 2007, 18:27 »

at-least they're trying to give us some closure, unlike other shows that stop completely, they're trying to wrap all lose ends.
Do I listen to pop music because I'm miserable or am I miserable because listen to pop music?
- John Cusack

KTkat

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #151 on: 13 Nov 2007, 18:49 »

Adam confuses me too. Though...I'm not sure he doesn't know that Peter knows Hiro. I mean, they obviously explained something of their backstories. Adam's the one that declared curing Nathan should be the first thing they do as they left the "jail;" when they first met, Peter said Adam looked good for being over 400 years old. Wouldn't it make sense for Peter to have explained all his different powers?

Another thing that just popped into my head: if Adam was one of the 12 (can we assume this? Have we seen the photo in its entirety?) wouldn't he know that Kaito has a son named Hiro?

Damnit, I'm thinking about this too much. Gah.
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
~Oscar Wilde

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #152 on: 14 Nov 2007, 03:12 »

Have we seen the photo in its entirety?

We have, in the episode where Parkman sees that his dad is in the picture. Forgot which one it is though.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

Aimless

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Untss untss untss untss
« Reply #153 on: 14 Nov 2007, 03:36 »

Well, Adam's been locked up for 30 years... how old is Hiro??

I liked this ep. I don't really care about things like DL being shot in the stomach, as long as things HAPPEN and we don't see too much of the Mexicans. It was really nice getting some answers, and almost as nice to see Elle's so-called sweater-puppies so much :o :o

I dunno how long ago the ep was written, but I do know Kring said in a fairly recent interview that he's become aware of the problems with this second season and intends to fix them to please the fans. So I'm expecting more episodes where the plot moves and enlightenment occurs =P

EDIT: Obsessions, dude, why so angry? =P
« Last Edit: 14 Nov 2007, 03:38 by Aimless »
Sometimes I think, sometimes I am

the-artful-dodger-rodger

• Furry furrier
« Reply #154 on: 14 Nov 2007, 04:50 »

Hiro is either 25-26, so you think Kaito locked up Adam to protect a young Hiro?

or Adam waited four hundred years to meet Kaito Nakamura and wait a bit more to have a son, wanted to use him to kill his son.
« Last Edit: 14 Nov 2007, 04:53 by the-artful-dodger-rodger »
Do I listen to pop music because I'm miserable or am I miserable because listen to pop music?
- John Cusack

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • I'm a lion, and I'm flyin'.
    • My blog
« Reply #155 on: 14 Nov 2007, 05:36 »

I didnt even think that Adam could be in the old-folks society!
I still want to find out what Peter's mom, Ninja girl's aunt/grandma's, and Nakamurasan's powers are. I want to learn more about them Also, this last episode helped the mexican's story a tiny bit. They REALLY need to focus on making it better, I mean, Its all there.. but they're just not doing anything interesting with it.
"Cause I might be a werewolf...but why would an inquisitor of the pope be in a webcomic forum?"

leave for no raisin

« Reply #156 on: 14 Nov 2007, 08:00 »

I think Hiro is supposed to be a little older that 25-26.  In season one there was a flashback sequence with Hiro's father dated sometime in the 70s (can't remember which year specifically), and Hiro looked maybe 6 or 7.  I remember doing some math based on my estimation of his age in that scene, and it put him closer to 30  Based on Hiro's age in that flashback, I figured he was probably born in the late 70s.  I may be wrong, but I really do think he's a little older than 25.

Oh, and THE SIBLINGS AREN'T MEXICAN.  They're from Honduras.  They've been in Mexico a lot because they've been driving into the US, but they aren't from there.
« Last Edit: 14 Nov 2007, 09:13 by leave for no raisin »

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #157 on: 14 Nov 2007, 08:45 »

I don't think he's that much older than 25-26. Because in the scene, if I'm thinking of the same scene you are, Claire's a baby, isn't she? And she's supposed to be 16 or 17? And he can't have been older than 10 in that scene (I haven't gone back to check, but I think I remember him looking younger than that), and if we add Claire's age, he's a maximum of 27 (again, not sure how old Claire is supposed to be), and I'd think a little bit younger than that even.

And before I posted this, I looked him up on Wikipedia, and it said this:
Thirteen years before the start of the series, Hiro's father, Kaito Nakamura, puts Claire into the hands of Mr. Bennet. In the background, a ten-year-old Hiro plays his Game Boy, not paying attention to them.
..which makes no sense? Because if Claire was a baby 13 years ago, she's supposed to be 13 now, which doesn't even make any sense.

I may be completely off here, because I have a tendency to easily forget stuff in TV series, especially ones with looots of stuff going on like this one, but I figured I'd throw it out there. I'm sure they've mentioned Claire's age, but I've appearently forgotten.

Edit: Went back and checked, and in Company Man (episode 17), Bennet gets Claude as a partner 15 years ago, and then in another flashback 14 years ago, we see Claire as a baby and Bennet being told to adopt her, with Hiro in the background, looking..well, I suck at placing kids based on their age, but not that old. 5-7, maybe. Which puts Hiro in his early twenties, if I'm guessing his age right in that flashback.
« Last Edit: 14 Nov 2007, 08:55 by Ladybug »

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #158 on: 14 Nov 2007, 08:48 »

The seventies is WAAAAY off on that flashback.. Guesstimating, I'd peg the year of that one at about 1991 or 92.

The big detail on the timeframe: The scene focused around Kaito giving Claire to Noah. Claire was eighteen months old at the time of the fire, and this was soon after. With Claire being recently sixteen in early 2007, dependant on when her birthday is, it was likely late '91, early '92 give or take a year with my absolutely abysmal math capabilities.

It's hard to judge, but I'd say Hiro looks between seven and ten, pegging him to be currently between 23 and 26. There's no way he's older than his mid-twenties.

Edit: For clarification's sake, I have the entire first season on my iPod. I ran through and checked the episode "Company Man." Not a chance that Hiro's older than ten in that scene. I'd guess eight or nine, but give a window of seven to ten as mentioned. He's not older than 26 and bare minimum 20 as he and Ando were in a bar in the first episode with the Japanese drinking age as twenty. early mid-twenties is most likely guess.
« Last Edit: 14 Nov 2007, 08:51 by 0bsessions »
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

leave for no raisin

« Reply #159 on: 14 Nov 2007, 08:56 »

I think I'm thinking of a different flashback.  I also just might have made up a flashback in my head.  I just remember doing some math once and ending up with a 27-28 age for Hiro.

It's be awesome if there were just some official bios of the heroes that list their dates of birth for the sake of piecing together a timeline.  There might be, but I haven't looked.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #160 on: 14 Nov 2007, 08:58 »

How exactly do you come up with 27-28 and establish a flashback with Hiro in it in the seventies?
JON MADE ME GAY

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #161 on: 14 Nov 2007, 09:01 »

Heh, my thoughts exactly. If Hiro looked 6 or 7 in a flashback from the seventies, that would make him at least 34, if it was from '79 and he was 6 at the time.

leave for no raisin

« Reply #162 on: 14 Nov 2007, 09:08 »

Haha, I don't know.  I'm not hardcore standing by this, but I remember doing that math at some point.  It might also be because I'm nearly 25 and Hiro looks and seems older than me.

I move to have my mention of the 70s stricken from the record.  I was thinking that Hiro was born in the late 70s, not that the 70s were the setting for the flashback.  I just wrote it retardedly.  I'll go back and edit.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #163 on: 14 Nov 2007, 09:10 »

Well, technically, Hiro WAS born in the mid-seventies. Masi Oka is 32. The character himself is more likely to be mid-twenties, though.

Also: http://youtube.com/watch?v=0qwsWUBDF2U

*Sigh* I actually remember this commercial.
JON MADE ME GAY

the-artful-dodger-rodger

• Furry furrier
« Reply #164 on: 14 Nov 2007, 16:03 »

Hiro was ten-years in the flashback in "Company Man", that flashback took place 14 years in the heroes timeline. 10+14= 24, so the character Hiro is in his mid-20's.
- John Cusack

BoutASouffle

« Reply #165 on: 14 Nov 2007, 17:31 »

Can I just go on record as predicting that Hiro-from-the-future killed his dad? It's way too obvious if Adam did it. I bet we find out that Hiro's dad was up to some shady business and that Hiro needed to kill him to stop something bad. Hence the "I didn't think it would be you."

Then again, they keep implying it's one of the original 12... Hm.....

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #166 on: 15 Nov 2007, 04:11 »

(Ok, none of my friends watch this show so I wanted to rant about a few things having just seen episode....uh.... anyway "out of time" where hiro returns from the past. Blind posting because I'm not a fan of spoilers)

The writers of this show are totally stupid. Kensai/Adam did not age over a gap of several hundred years, presumably due to his ability. Why did they not think "hey, Hayden pannetiere (Claire) is going to get older as the seasons go on. giant plot-hole ahoy."  Seriously if I can see this as someone who watches the show, contemplates it for a bit then forgets about it for a week, why can not they - who are payed to think about the show all the time?

Also what is with peter having DL's ability, he went no where near him at the end of the last season, then DL died presumably from the bullet wound (interesting that the paramedics can save Parkman who took 5 bullets to the chest, but not DL)  If he has that ability from the opposite side of kirby plazza he should also have Micca's, Molly's and Eden (the siren girl who died early in season one)

Another thing, when will they get on and tell us what the previous generation of heroes' powers were. We know Linderman could heal, Parkman sr could manipulate minds, Bob can turn things to gold (though if it is alchemy -transform other metals into gold - or midas touch - transform anything, including humans, into gold - is still unclear.) But we haven't had any indication of what Kito, Charles, Angela, her husband or any of the others can do.

Well that's about everything.
Guys guys I got this condition it is called "Involuntary Lottery Loser" guys don't laugh it is a disorder.

the-artful-dodger-rodger

• Furry furrier
« Reply #167 on: 15 Nov 2007, 06:33 »

every person that has power who ever been near to Peter, Peter absorbs their powers automatically, he likes a giant powers sponge.

here is a list of powers that Peter that he has been exposed to

Persuasion (from Eden in Collision)
Intuitive aptitude (from Sylar in Homecoming)
Cryokinesis (from Sylar in Homecoming)
Enhanced memory (from Sylar in Homecoming)
Mental manipulation (from the Haitian in Unexpected)
Liquefaction (from Sylar in Parasite)
Enhanced hearing (from Sylar in Parasite)
Clairvoyance (from Molly in How to Stop an Exploding Man)
Technopathy (from Micah in How to Stop an Exploding Man)
Alchemy (from Bob in Four Months Ago...)

just becasue he has been exposed to this powers, doesnt mean he knows how to use them yet.
- John Cusack

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #168 on: 15 Nov 2007, 07:30 »

The writers of this show are totally stupid. Kensai/Adam did not age over a gap of several hundred years, presumably due to his ability. Why did they not think "hey, Hayden pannetiere (Claire) is going to get older as the seasons go on. giant plot-hole ahoy."  Seriously if I can see this as someone who watches the show, contemplates it for a bit then forgets about it for a week, why can not they - who are payed to think about the show all the time?

Okay, the problems I had were directly related to one episode and were because they were poorly exhibited, this whining is just a matter of you not exhibiting the slightest bit of petience. Hayden is eighteen right now. If I shave, I do not look any different than I did at eighteen a full five (Almost six) years later and I don't have the benefit of a makeup artist. Between Epiodes I and III of the new Star Wars trilogy, Natalie Portman barely looked like she aged and that was across a span of about six years. Do you really think that this show, or even Hayden's casting in it, will go on so long that Claire's potential aging will ever be relevant? Hell, if you look back to Five Years Gone, the idea of her not aging actually wraps up a potential continuity error in her not looking any older.

From there, we also have the possibility that their powers are not exactly the same. Maybe she does age and Adam doesn't? Or maybe she won't survive the season? While I find that unlikely, considering last season's track record who really knows?

Also what is with peter having DL's ability, he went no where near him at the end of the last season, then DL died presumably from the bullet wound (interesting that the paramedics can save Parkman who took 5 bullets to the chest, but not DL)  If he has that ability from the opposite side of kirby plazza he should also have Micca's, Molly's and Eden (the siren girl who died early in season one)

Watch the season one finale again, you're obviously not paying attention. D.L., Micah and Nikki were all at the plaza with Peter. They were all at about the same distance from Peter as Ted was when Peter first started mimicking his powers. He probably does have those other powers but isn't aware. All three of those are powers that are actively triggered and ones he's not likely to use unless prompted. Considering he's been either doped up or amnesiac for most of the four month gap, he's had no reason or time to use them.

In terms of D.L., maybe you should, y'know, show some patience or pay attention to details? Detail one: they clarified it in the very next episode (Four Months Ago, last week's episode). We know how D.L. died and it wasn't from that gunshot from Linderman. Beyond that, anyone with an eye for details could tell you that he died later on anyway. Look at the season two premiere again. D.L.'s gravestone says 2007. The season one finale took place in early November, 2006. Even if he HAD died from that, it's not the amount of bullets, it's the location and the timing of the police. D.L. was walking around for a good half hour after getting shot, time he would be spending bleeding. Cops and paramedics showed up shortly after Parkman was shot. From there, we also have the matter of location. Rapper 50 Cent was allegedly shot like nine times and survived while many others bled out from one gunshot wound. It happens, deal.

Another thing, when will they get on and tell us what the previous generation of heroes' powers were. We know Linderman could heal, Parkman sr could manipulate minds, Bob can turn things to gold (though if it is alchemy -transform other metals into gold - or midas touch - transform anything, including humans, into gold - is still unclear.) But we haven't had any indication of what Kito, Charles, Angela, her husband or any of the others can do.

Maybe they'll tell us when it's relevant? For one, Angela's powers are heavily hinted at in the episode you just watched. Do you really think Peter suddenly remembered details of his past just because some old lady told him to? Either she's got a power similar to the Haitian in terms of affecting memory, or she's got a power of suggestion similar to Eden's (There've been multiple other instances of hints towards the latter, so I'm sticking with that). In terms of others, well, we'll see them eventually. Suck it up and wait or watch something else. A slow burn and dangling plotlines were how season one was handled, if you don't enjoy that manner of storytelling, this show isn't for you.
JON MADE ME GAY

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #169 on: 15 Nov 2007, 08:28 »

You guys watch this show way too closely. Give me some time to catch up damnit!
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #170 on: 15 Nov 2007, 09:14 »

Or maybe you don't watch it closely enough, Phil...

I am cursed with a really weird attention to detail for this shit after a lifetime of reading comics?
JON MADE ME GAY

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #171 on: 15 Nov 2007, 16:30 »

With the whole 70's flashback thing why didn't someone sarcasticically point out that Hiro must have manifested early and got himself a gameboy from the 90's then jumped back home.

Also Kaito was able to pass on his swordmanship to Hiro in a matter of minutes. Hint Hint.

the-artful-dodger-rodger

• Furry furrier
« Reply #172 on: 15 Nov 2007, 17:03 »

it wasnts the 70's, it was like 1992.
- John Cusack

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #173 on: 15 Nov 2007, 17:10 »

Dass, wisse ich.

I was just sayin it woulda been a good bit of rebuttle.

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • My blog
« Reply #174 on: 15 Nov 2007, 18:53 »

Sorry, zoned out a little, Why does Hiro's age matter?

Also, I saw a scene were there was a trade off between bitchy blond who doesnt get how good she has it (Electro powers and a HOT slave? I'd die to be her) and Claire. Than and everyone standing infront of a bunch of rocks (looked kind of beachy though). What do you guys think is going to happen next week?
"Cause I might be a werewolf...but why would an inquisitor of the pope be in a webcomic forum?"

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #175 on: 15 Nov 2007, 23:51 »

Holly shit Kirsten Bell!!! blurgggggabbbbubbbllllee gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............................................

the-artful-dodger-rodger

• Furry furrier
« Reply #176 on: 17 Nov 2007, 05:03 »

this monday, someone is going to die, its the question about who it is.
- John Cusack

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #177 on: 17 Nov 2007, 05:33 »

Sorry, zoned out a little, Why does Hiro's age matter?

Also, I saw a scene were there was a trade off between HOT bitchy blond who doesnt get how good she has it (Electro powers and a HOT slave? I'd die to be her) and Claire. Than and everyone standing infront of a bunch of rocks (looked kind of beachy though). What do you guys think is going to happen next week?

Whether Adam knows Hiro is alive. He doesn't because we're guessing Hiro is less than 30, and so wasn't born yet when Adam was locked away.

I haven't seen any trailers, but I'm agreeing with artful dodger, someone is going down. Or is about to go down in a major cliffhanger at the end of the episode.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #178 on: 17 Nov 2007, 12:06 »

this monday, someone is going to die, its the question about who it is.

Next Thursday for me.

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • My blog
« Reply #179 on: 17 Nov 2007, 20:12 »

I hope its the blond girl, then maybe Peter will think that since all the girl's hes been with ended up dying, he should switch to guys!

I can dream cant I?

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #180 on: 19 Nov 2007, 01:11 »

I wish that West was a chick and Claire was a lesbian then the whole West-Claire romance would be totally interesting.

the-artful-dodger-rodger

• Furry furrier
« Reply #181 on: 19 Nov 2007, 05:20 »

the one with has number up is H.R.G, the clock is ticking.
- John Cusack

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • My blog
« Reply #182 on: 19 Nov 2007, 05:34 »

that would be extremley interesting.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #183 on: 19 Nov 2007, 10:04 »

I don't think that's going to happen. I think it's all a red herring. Bennet is one of the most popular characters on the show and they've hinted at having some serious plans for him.

I could be full of shit and they'll just nuke the entire cast. I don't know, I'm tired of bothering to guess as I've been right on maybe three out of 847 guesses so far.
JON MADE ME GAY

TheBoredOne

• Curry sauce
  • Boop.
    • The Church of Boredom Forums!
« Reply #184 on: 19 Nov 2007, 11:08 »

Adam could've learned about Hiro's existence while imprisoned
Y'know, overhearing stuff, or maybe talking to Hiro's dad, or maybe baby-Hiro was actually with his dad one day while his dad was talking to Bob, with Adam near enough to notice?
Boredom Makes You Cool.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #185 on: 19 Nov 2007, 11:17 »

Or, he could've just pieced it together.

"Hmmm...a Nakamura with powers from the same era that that bastard Hiro, whom I vowed to destroy. Yeah, probably related." It's a bit of a stretch, but it's not exactly 60's Batman style circular logic.
JON MADE ME GAY

the-artful-dodger-rodger

• Furry furrier
« Reply #186 on: 19 Nov 2007, 12:14 »

I could see it now:

15 years earlier

"Kaito: by the way Adam, this is my son Hiro, he has no power what so ever"
"Adam: Hiro? you say"

- John Cusack

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • My blog
« Reply #187 on: 19 Nov 2007, 19:42 »

Hes still alive  :-D!

Also, Someone predicted Adam Monroe as the murderer, so kudos for them (We should make a predictor of the week award or something)
and electro girl got put in her place! And Claire is going to beat her down!!

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #188 on: 19 Nov 2007, 20:05 »

I didn't watch it, but someone who was watching it taped it for me and so I finally get a Heroes fix tomorrow. ZOMG.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

the-artful-dodger-rodger

• Furry furrier
« Reply #189 on: 20 Nov 2007, 05:38 »

after seeing the preview for next monday, Present Hiro is clearly on his way of becoming futuristic badass samurai Hiro.
- John Cusack

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #190 on: 20 Nov 2007, 07:29 »

While this episode was almost as good as Out of Time (Which was itself probably my favorite since Five Years Gone), I am practically shitting myself in anticipation for next week's episode. I damn near came at "Welcome home, Dr. Suresh..." and the exchange between Peter and Hiro was nothing to scoff at.

In terms of this week's episode, I quite enjoyed it and found it to be an excellent rebound from last week's mess of an episode. Spoilers, obviously, lie ahead:

It was great to see Noah in absolute badass mode again. He's so much more fun when he's skirting the line of morality. I'm also glad they had the big reveal come at the end of the episode rather than hold it over to next episode. It makes it more a foregone conclusion than a legitimate cop-out. The entire scene where he was actually shot, I was guessing how things could go. The thought crossed my mind that maybe the portrait was actually Bob and the blonde was Elle (Which I really think they were aiming at throwing a red herring at people with), immediately before the shot went off, I realized the potential of them using Claire's blood to revive Noah as I was convinced they were not going to kill him off.

I was also playing a big guessing game when they had Claire. I really did briefly think that Bob was going to infect her with the virus in a "if we can't have her, no one can" situation and then her blood would mutate it causing the advanced form seen in the future.
JON MADE ME GAY

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #191 on: 20 Nov 2007, 09:08 »

Hes still alive  :-D!

Also, Someone predicted Adam Monroe as the murderer, so kudos for them (We should make a predictor of the week award or something)
and electro girl got put in her place! And Claire is going to beat her down!!

I thought Adam was the logical conclusion?

I think electro girl (Elle) is going to turn against her father.

Episode was good, but it didn't really leave me asking as many questions as the previous episodes. All the action was definitely good.

october1983

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • It is a foreign country!
« Reply #192 on: 20 Nov 2007, 09:16 »

That episode was definitely a return to form for the series. Loads of character development, with good people's morals being blurred and bad people's humanity being shown and others just prancing about in a grey area.
Quote from: Jens in Meebo
"MY SON JUST WANTED TO COME LIKE A THUNDERSTORM"
"AND YOU ROBBED HIM OF HIS LIFE"

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #193 on: 20 Nov 2007, 09:20 »

I will say I'm very disappointed in Matt. C'mon, man! Fight the temptation!

I can't say it's not a fascinating and logical development, though...
JON MADE ME GAY

TheBoredOne

• Curry sauce
  • Boop.
    • The Church of Boredom Forums!
« Reply #194 on: 20 Nov 2007, 12:15 »

Angela Petrelli is one tough sonuvabitch.
I love hearing more about the original company. They were obviously a band of heroes who thought they could save the world. But power corrupts, and the road to hell is paved with good intentions and all that.

After the scene where they drew Claire's blood, I realized that they'd use it for HRG when/if he died.

It was interesting to see Matt becoming a little too into his new-found mind control ability.

I thought I had more to say about this episode but I'm going blank now.
But man, it was a good one.

Oh yeah, wtf Suresh? Seriously. Wtf? He cared so much about "Bob" he had to shoot his one-time friend in the eyeball? Couldn't have aimed for his leg or arm or something? Sheesh.
« Last Edit: 21 Nov 2007, 12:02 by TheBoredOne »
Boredom Makes You Cool.

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #195 on: 20 Nov 2007, 12:30 »

Finally watched last week's episode just before I saw the new one last night. I gotta say, I think I like it better that way, the bigger chunk's make it to where I'm fully satisfied by the end of two hours.

I suppose he's also considered a father figure who would do anything for his daughter, which he sort of shares with Matt (gay marriage anyone?) enough to where he would shoot the threat to his source of monay for research and development. Bob now, though, for some reason I like Bob, and trust him. I really think he is trying to be a better person than he obviously was in the past (make your daughter shock herself? Really now).

I want to know what the Hell Angela petrelli's power is, because seriously, its gotta be something good. And Hiro had best be gettin' ready to lay the smack down on Adam, lest I get a bit angry meow. Meow I really wish I had seen the preview for next week, because I had to leave as soon as the episode was over and didn't catch any of it.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #196 on: 20 Nov 2007, 16:52 »

You can probably find the previews on YouTube. That's what I mostly do if I really feel the need to watch them. Just search for Heroes + preview and sort them by date added or something.

october1983

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • It is a foreign country!
« Reply #197 on: 20 Nov 2007, 17:08 »

http://www.got-heroes.com/ always has downloads and steaming copies of the latest previews and episodes. Very handy for me, as I'm in the UK but got hooked on season 1 by an American friend who was staying in London with us when it was aired in the US, so I'm on a US Heroes schedule :P
Quote from: Jens in Meebo
"MY SON JUST WANTED TO COME LIKE A THUNDERSTORM"
"AND YOU ROBBED HIM OF HIS LIFE"

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #198 on: 20 Nov 2007, 17:45 »

I couldn't imagine not being on a US schedule (I'm in the UK too). I couldn't handle knowing the episode was out and not watch it.

Even if this season has been a bit of a let down so far, it's still so juicy.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #199 on: 20 Nov 2007, 18:45 »

Wow. This episode, while not explaining too much, was probably my favorite so far this season. I'm interested in the lady Mrs. Petrelli didn't want to talk about and how Elle is going to take what Mr. Bennett said. Also, who saved Noah. I'm pretty damn sure it was Suresh, since he didn't seem to know how to deal with the choices he'd made.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up