THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 03:57
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Heroes right now  (Read 60509 times)

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • I'm a lion, and I'm flyin'.
    • My blog
Re: Heroes right now
« Reply #200 on: 20 Nov 2007, 19:17 »

This is throwing it WAY out there, but meh, I'm in a writing mood.

It could possibly be static crotch. Maybe she could've realized what it would be like to not have her father, and symphasizes with Claire.

WAYYY OUT THERE!
"Cause I might be a werewolf...but why would an inquisitor of the pope be in a webcomic forum?"

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #201 on: 20 Nov 2007, 20:00 »

static crotch? Doesn't she already have that?
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #202 on: 21 Nov 2007, 05:52 »

Question:

Where is Claire's power located?

I feel like it was located in her brain (cause in season 1, she got a stake into her brain and it stopped working until the stake was pulled out), but if it's just in her blood, doesn't that mean that now nathan and mr. bennet would have her blood and thus continue have the regenerative power? Why not inject everyone with her blood and they would live forever.

Also, what would happen if (this is a thought experiment thing, and I'm fully aware that it sounds kind of creepy) claire was chopped straight through the middle (through the brain). Would both sides regenerate? Would that create a clone of claire?

Also, it's clear that Claire's power causes her brain to regenerate. (when the stake was taken out it healed). What would have happened to when sylar cut her open in the episode in the future from last season? This, i guess, would be answered if I understood Sylar's powers better.

Also, I'm excited about the next episode, the trailer makes it look really good.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

TheBoredOne

• Curry sauce
  • Boop.
    • The Church of Boredom Forums!
« Reply #203 on: 21 Nov 2007, 12:08 »

I think her two brain halves would have to be reunited for her to heal again.
Boredom Makes You Cool.

Aimless

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Untss untss untss untss
« Reply #204 on: 21 Nov 2007, 12:59 »

Ahhh I loved this ep... it was like a better Company Man :D

What on earth did Bennett say right at the end, after being revived??
Sometimes I think, sometimes I am

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #205 on: 21 Nov 2007, 15:31 »

"Holy sh-"

It was most definitely a send-off to the early episode where Claire woke up on an autopsy tables after "dying" and said the exact same line.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

Aimless

« Reply #206 on: 21 Nov 2007, 15:40 »

I can't decide if I like that more than the other things I imagined it could be...! It's certainly a lot cooler, I admit :o

october1983

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • It is a foreign country!
« Reply #207 on: 21 Nov 2007, 15:43 »

"Holy sh-"

It was most definitely a send-off to the early episode where Claire woke up on an autopsy tables after "dying" and said the exact same line.

Yeah, I kind of liked that - it was a nicer way of showing how Noah really is her 'dad' than the constant teary-eyes of her mum in that scene when he's interorgating Elle. Subtlety rocks.
Quote from: Jens in Meebo
"MY SON JUST WANTED TO COME LIKE A THUNDERSTORM"
"AND YOU ROBBED HIM OF HIS LIFE"

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #208 on: 22 Nov 2007, 04:38 »

My official prediction for who killed Hiro's father.
It's currently way too obvious that Adam did it, hence a twist is needed. His words were "Of all of them I never thought it would be you" (or something like that) implying that it was one of the twelve (was it just me or were there far more than twelve when we got a glimpse of the photo?) Of the twelve we know Peter's mum and dad, Kito, Bob, Adam, Parkman's Dad, Charles, Linderman. So who of them do we know least about, and is least likely to be the killer. Peter's father. they even went out of they're way to make sure even total nerds who paused on the photo couldn't get a good look at him (he was looking sideways) to me that spells fishy and we're going to find out a whole lot about him.

Also this is a completely out there theory but - I think one of the previous gen had powers akin to Storm from X-men. we know that one of the groups major triumphs was stopping a tsunami wiping out Manhattan. And - this is were I'm on very shaky ground based of a possibilities that the channels that broadcast heroes know more than there letting on - last week there was an add for X-men 2 during Heroes:
Hiro isn't the only one who could stop time (shows the wheelchair guy pausing time)
Before the cheerleader someone else was invincible (didn't see this bit)
But none of the hiroes have powers like these...(show wolverine)
...yet (shows storm doing some tornadoes) 
As I say this is pure guess work and that second bit of evidence is probably complete horseshit.

As far as the episode that I just saw "four months ago" I liked it, with the exception of DLs death completely random 'hmm some guy just punched me in the kidneys and stole my girl, I'm going to shoot him' add to that the question why couldn't DL phase though it and the fact that the greasy guy appears to be able to telleport (they're walking down stairs away from the club but some how the guy is on a lower step than them when he killed DL nitpicking I know but the continuity person did a shitty job) That and the fact that Peter seems content to leave Katlin in a future which is unlikely to happen thereby erasing her from existence....hey that's a really cool way of getting rid of annoying bad guys, ok I'm going to call that too: Adam gets locked in a non existent future, or gets killed by the virus.

Edit: also another wtf: why did nikki thank bob in the 'today' section. yeah sure she's got control of herself but then there's that little problem that she's got a life threatening (and as far as she knows incurable) virus. yeah thanks for that. 

On the whole my faith in this show which was shattered by their horrible abuse of the time/space continuum, not to mention continuity in "five years gone" is slowly being restored.

Question:

Where is Claire's power located?

I feel like it was located in her brain (cause in season 1, she got a stake into her brain and it stopped working until the stake was pulled out), but if it's just in her blood, doesn't that mean that now nathan and mr. bennet would have her blood and thus continue have the regenerative power? Why not inject everyone with her blood and they would live forever.

her power is centered around her entire body shes an RCR (rapid cellular regrowth) but the brain 'gives the orders' to heal, if the brain itself can not heal (ie when the stick was in her head or the glass was in Peter's) then it can't 'give orders' to heal, or to even pump blood. No blood flow = dead. ....although that doesn't answer why she can come back from the dead....

Also, what would happen if (this is a thought experiment thing, and I'm fully aware that it sounds kind of creepy) claire was chopped straight through the middle (through the brain). Would both sides regenerate? Would that create a clone of claire?

that's an interesting question, i think because the brain was badly damaged, and it was separated from its other half she'd stay dead until she was put back together. though that could be wrong - I can see the writers getting desperate for villains and doing that,  somehow ending up with one of the Claires being evil.

Also, it's clear that Claire's power causes her brain to regenerate. (when the stake was taken out it healed). What would have happened to when sylar cut her open in the episode in the future from last season? This, i guess, would be answered if I understood Sylar's powers better.

This is my understanding of how Sylars power works, his power is simply to see the imperfection or oddity in things, but rather than trying to fix these genetic 'mistakes' like he did with the "time pieces" he actually stuffs around with his own genetic pattern to give himself that ability the unfortunate part is he actually needs look at the mechanics, (ie study the brain closely). Now I highly doubt that Claire can regrow her entire brain and Sylar tends to take the brains away from the bodies hence body and brain can not just reconnect

Oh, another random thing (dear god this post is getting long) I doubt peter got his telekinesis from Sylar, as its not Sylars own ability. And if Peter did have the power to take Sylar's acquired abilities then he'd have the ultrasonic hearing, and that's not an ability that can be easily ignored (the original owner couldn't turn it on or off, and neither could sylar when Mohinder put the tuning fork next to his ear, hence it seems unlikely that peter could) so that would imply that either Peter's mother or his father or Charles (or Simone, but she never realised it)  have/had telekinesis.
« Last Edit: 22 Nov 2007, 05:22 by axerton »
Guys guys I got this condition it is called "Involuntary Lottery Loser" guys don't laugh it is a disorder.

the-artful-dodger-rodger

• Furry furrier
« Reply #209 on: 22 Nov 2007, 06:06 »

I think with so many powers going around Peter's brain, the super hearing power hasnt been actived yet. also it seems on the show, that two people can have the same power but it works diffrently for them, maybe Peter hasnt used it yet or it hasnt been turn it on yet.
Do I listen to pop music because I'm miserable or am I miserable because listen to pop music?
- John Cusack

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #210 on: 26 Nov 2007, 19:08 »

JON MADE ME GAY

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • My blog
« Reply #211 on: 27 Nov 2007, 05:37 »

Im very psyched that Claire is being confrontational with Static Crotch. Its showing that Claire could also kick major ass. Also, does punching that window mean she has super strength? Because punching a car window seems like a very hard thing to do. Im sad though that Reflex Girl couldnt retrieve tech-kid's comic books. He needs a hero, and I was so happy that she was going to do that for him, too bad she failed.

Hiro is so fucking badass.. But I'm afraid that hes going to die, I mean, he has no chance against Peter Petrelli.
« Last Edit: 27 Nov 2007, 05:39 by thatwittygeek »
"Cause I might be a werewolf...but why would an inquisitor of the pope be in a webcomic forum?"

the-artful-dodger-rodger

• Furry furrier
« Reply #212 on: 27 Nov 2007, 06:13 »

dude I cant wait till next monday, Badass Samurai Hiro vs  the Emo Empath Peter.

me, my money is on Hiro
« Last Edit: 27 Nov 2007, 06:45 by the-artful-dodger-rodger »
Do I listen to pop music because I'm miserable or am I miserable because listen to pop music?
- John Cusack

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #213 on: 27 Nov 2007, 06:42 »

If you're not afraid of hurting yourself, punching through a car window isn't really all that difficult. I've managed to drive my elbow through a window in order to break into my own car and the only reason I used my elbow is because I didn't want to fuck up my hand. When you have regenrative abilities, that's not a real concern.

In terms of Hiro Vs. Peter, that's a lot more balanced than you seem to comprehend. Hiro's gaining quite a bit of control over his abilities whereas Peter's still uneasy using Hiro's.
JON MADE ME GAY

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #214 on: 27 Nov 2007, 06:47 »

Hiro is so fucking badass.. But I'm afraid that hes going to die, I mean, he has no chance against Peter Petrelli.

He does if he cuts off his head. Though I hope he saves that for Adam, because he's starting to annoy me.

So the preview said that "two heroes will fall" next episode (the finale, boo). Any hopes or guesses? I'm kind of hoping that since this is the end of this chapter, maybe Hiro will get to kill Adam and Syler will kill the black eyed chick. (I'm glad he offed the brother. One down, one to go.) I hope that the reflex memory girl doesn't die, though, because Micah kind of needs a friend that isn't his messed up mom. (Maybe she'll die because of the virus, who knows.)

I'm sad that the season has to end. I really hope this writers guild strike gets settled before all these shows have to have their season finales and all we're left with is the crap that isn't part of it.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #215 on: 27 Nov 2007, 07:17 »

Well, it's hard to venture a guess. The ad shows a lineup of Nathan/Matt/Claire/Hiro/Elle as it states that line, so it would seem they're implying the characters in question are among that profile.

Logically speaking:

Elle is the highest likelihood. She's new, and I don't believe Kristen Bell was ever added to the permanent cast. She's also a character that doesn't have an incredible amount of story potential.

Hiro and Claire? Unlikely if they legitimately mean "die" when they say fall. Along with Peter, those are the two most overwhelmingly popular characters on the show.

Matt is...complicated. While he's popular and has a good upside in terms of storyline potential (His expanding powers and the temptation to use them), he's in an effective setup to be killed considering he's either going to be crossing paths with Adam trying to solve the company murders or he's still in New York City, which would put him on a collission course with Sylar.

Nathan is a bit more plausible. I'm genuinely surprised that he wasn't killed at the end of last season. His storyline had essentially run its course then and he could play well as someone getting killed in the crossfire and a potential turning point/catalyst for Peter's storyline. He's also more middle of the pack in terms of perceived popularity from what I've observed.

So I'd lay almost definite likelihood on Elle with Nathan and Matt being the other potential candidates, leaning 5 to 1 in favor of Nathan dying.
JON MADE ME GAY

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #216 on: 27 Nov 2007, 08:14 »

I didn't really think any of the more major characters would get offed. Out of those 5, Elle and Nathan would make the most sense. Out of ones not shown, the only "major" characters I could see getting killed would be Nicki and Bob. Though it'd be nice if Sylar actually did die this time, I severely doubt that. I'm hoping it was hinting towards more minor characters, even though the season is technically ending, this is only the end of one chapter.

TheBoredOne

• Curry sauce
  • Boop.
    • The Church of Boredom Forums!
« Reply #217 on: 27 Nov 2007, 10:31 »

They can't kill Sylar after mentioning the "rise of a villain", and then showing him.
Boredom Makes You Cool.

the-artful-dodger-rodger

• Furry furrier
« Reply #218 on: 27 Nov 2007, 18:23 »

even through I want badass Hiro to totally kick emo Peter's ass it probaby wont happen.
- John Cusack

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • My blog
« Reply #219 on: 28 Nov 2007, 05:24 »

Yeah, peter is getting on my nerves. Mr."Oh! I lost my irish girlfriend!" could just warp back into the past.

cupcakeonastick

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Balderdash!
« Reply #220 on: 28 Nov 2007, 07:35 »

They can't kill Sylar after mentioning the "rise of a villain", and then showing him.

Yeah, because television promos never lie ...
I've seen bears do things even a bear wouldn't do.

the-artful-dodger-rodger

• Furry furrier
« Reply #221 on: 28 Nov 2007, 16:04 »

most of the time Heroes promos dont lie.
- John Cusack

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #222 on: 29 Nov 2007, 12:35 »

Next week's episode can only be good.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #223 on: 29 Nov 2007, 19:34 »

WTF? Heroes has been cut off in Australia after 'Cautionary Tales'. Fuck you channel 7, I don't care if it's not ratings period any more, there were three more episodes in the season why cut it off. Well fuck you, torrents here I come.
Guys guys I got this condition it is called "Involuntary Lottery Loser" guys don't laugh it is a disorder.

cupcakeonastick

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Balderdash!
« Reply #224 on: 29 Nov 2007, 19:56 »

most of the time Heroes promos dont lie.

One of the first times a Heroe died it was Simone.

Please.
I've seen bears do things even a bear wouldn't do.

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #225 on: 29 Nov 2007, 20:11 »

Actually it was worse than that, it was her father, and he hadn't even been on screen until the episode he died in.

The adds don't lie, but they're very good at pushing you in the wrong direction,
Prime examples: (I have very good audio memory)
"She's his loving wife, but has they're life long marriage been a lie?" for the ep when Candice impersonated Noah's wife. Not technically a lie as they were asking a question.
"...Why [Claire's] father is a dead man?" true, he died, but it didn't stick.

One thing that does irritate me about the heroes adds though, is when the talk about something for the next ep, such as for the episode before 'Five years gone' "What would you do if you met yourself from the future?" and then when it comes to the episode  that bit is just the cliff hanger for the next episode.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #226 on: 29 Nov 2007, 22:02 »

And the guy who does the post-episode promos has a really annoying voice!

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • My blog
« Reply #227 on: 03 Dec 2007, 17:40 »

Well, there will be cliff hangers.. Says the actor of Ando, who btw, looks totally hot.

the-artful-dodger-rodger

• Furry furrier
« Reply #228 on: 03 Dec 2007, 19:02 »

oh man, that was awesome, to bad Hiro didnt kill  Adam but what he did was cool.
- John Cusack

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • My blog
« Reply #229 on: 03 Dec 2007, 19:03 »

OH SNAP!
Everyone became more likeable!
OH SNAP!
The least likeable character got killed!
All in all a good season's end

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #230 on: 03 Dec 2007, 22:02 »

Volume. That was the last of Exodus, which is a little over half of season 2.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #231 on: 04 Dec 2007, 07:41 »

SWEET. Nicki esploded. (Well, or so we think as of now.) And BoredOne, I didn't actually say I thought Sylar would die, I said I hoped. As I've been hoping ever since the beginning of the series, because I think he's an annoying villain. (His power is cool, but the character's personality could be better and less of a douche.)

What happened to Adam is actually kind of badass.

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #232 on: 04 Dec 2007, 08:29 »

come on Hiro, you and I both know that Adam can't die and so eventually he'll find a way to break free. If worst comes to worst he can't just pound until his hand breaks, let it heal, keep pounding until he breaks through the casket, then its a matter of using the empty space of thecasket to bubble/tunnel your way up out of the ground.

I'm really glad Nikki is dead. Her character was two dimensional, her lines emo and her personality sickeningly sad all the fucking time. Fire, you've done your work well.
« Last Edit: 04 Dec 2007, 08:38 by Boro_Bandito »
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

Aimless

« Reply #233 on: 04 Dec 2007, 09:12 »

I am SO PISSED. I mean, HE KILLED HER. HE SHOT HER. Our suffering was OVER dammit!! :mad: what retard decided to keep her--and Monica--and take away both Nathan and Nikki?! :( man I hope they come back though. Sure, Nathan's real storyline is over, but his non-story has been better than some we've seen this season.

God, please let the writers be a little smarter for the next volume. They've wasted much of this one. Peter vs. Hiro coulda been cool. Hiro coulda been smart enough to teleport into the vault. Peter coulda done the same, or phased through the door (thank god he didn't though).

Damn you Peter, you were so cool and now you're just a dumb**** :( how the hell did he get good enough to beat Parkman??!?!

BAH.

Still, not all bad. I like having Sylar back. I hope he becomes more evil and less metro.

I also hope Bennett didn't kill Nathan :(

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #234 on: 04 Dec 2007, 09:43 »

grblgrbl

^ my opinion on this episode.

a bit to all over the place. and the action was too short here and there. Could have been so much cooler.

But oh my god the questions that are in my head right now.

What happens when Adam runs out of oxygen?

LiterSize

• Curry sauce
« Reply #235 on: 04 Dec 2007, 10:18 »

Did anyone find themselves yelling "PLOT HOLE!" at the tv?

1)  Peter ripping the door out?  Why not just phase in?  With Adam?  My buddy is still flabbergasted he never read Adam's mind... I say it was because he never felt a reason to.  Too trusting.  Is he also NOT thinking he can use his blood to heal Nathan?  *sigh*

Moving on...

2)  Hiro.  Best.  Adam COULD bust his way out of the casket, but there's still the tons of dirt and cement sarcophagus... not to mention it looks like he was put in there with Daddy Nakamura.  His brain'll die of oxygen deprivation eventually, no?

3)  Sylar.  Still walking off with some bad-ass lines.  He kills your brother.  Makeouts. THEN SHOOTS YOU.  GEEEZ.

That's it for now.

the-artful-dodger-rodger

• Furry furrier
« Reply #236 on: 04 Dec 2007, 10:29 »

Adam can only heal himsef, he doesnt have super strength, plus that casket looked a little small. I doubt that he can moves his hands. also I'm betting that hiro strap Adam  down to the casket and add a big ole slap of cemet.
« Last Edit: 04 Dec 2007, 12:25 by the-artful-dodger-rodger »
- John Cusack

Wayfaring Stranger

• Larger than most fish
  • Bamboo
    • Foxing Quires
« Reply #237 on: 04 Dec 2007, 11:08 »

Things seem to get silly when you develop a drug that can resurrect the dead.  Does it even matter if any of the heroes die now?  "Hey, have some Claire blood and it'll be cool." 
http://www.foxingquires.com

A webcomic about books, music, romance, culture, and more.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #238 on: 04 Dec 2007, 12:54 »

I'm really glad Nikki is dead. Her character was two dimensional, her lines emo and her personality sickeningly sad all the fucking time.
Yeah, all three of them.

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #239 on: 04 Dec 2007, 13:25 »

Things seem to get silly when you develop a drug that can resurrect the dead.  Does it even matter if any of the heroes die now?  "Hey, have some Claire blood and it'll be cool." 

if there's nothing for the others to heal, they're still pretty dead - nikki.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #240 on: 04 Dec 2007, 14:24 »

I know Nathan was shot, but did they show him actually die? Even so, Mr. Bennett died and they brought him back to life. So Nathan could possibly stick around if they get more of Claire's blood. Nicki, however, freaking exploded and had better be gone for good. (Yesssss.)

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • My blog
« Reply #241 on: 04 Dec 2007, 16:46 »

Adam can only heal himsef, he doesnt have super strength, plus that casket looked a little small. I doubt that he can moves his hands. also I'm betting that hiro strap Adam  down to the casket and add a big ole slap of cemet.

Beatrix Kiddo did

the-artful-dodger-rodger

• Furry furrier
« Reply #242 on: 04 Dec 2007, 17:24 »

yeah but Beatrix Kiddo isnt on Heroes, plus she was in a plain wood box not in a real casket with a cemet slap on top of it. Beatrix Kiddo had it easy.
- John Cusack

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • My blog
« Reply #243 on: 04 Dec 2007, 19:54 »

I could've sworn she was in a casket... Its been ages since I've seen volume 2 though.

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #244 on: 04 Dec 2007, 20:14 »

Its true, it makes it hard for Adam, but damnit I didn't think his storyline was long enough. I liked his character and I would have preferred a lot more between him and Hiro. I mean, it had been 400 fucking years man! I swear, the writers were smokin' something.

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #245 on: 05 Dec 2007, 00:13 »

urgh.
1) Sylar, he's old and boring and been done. Fuck him. We're all sick of him. Either kill him or leave him powerless and have him use Maya as a tool.
And really the reason he lost his powers was nothing to do with the stab wound?Just a coincidence? Bad writing People.

2) Nikki, I think I may be the only person who liked her, sure with no more Jessica or Gene she was loosing interest, but still she could have had at least a couple of episodes as supper strength girl without problems.

3)Nathan, no real reason to complain apart from the fact that I liked him. But then again it looked like it would be a blood bath after "How do you stop an Exploding Man?"  yet no one ended up dead after that ep.  (Did anyone think that Nathan's killer looked like peter? Perhaps he is somehow working for the company in the future and travels back in time to stop Nathan going public.)

4)what the hell is the point of Maya now, she kills everyone around her or no one. Stupid. while her brother was alive it was vaguely useful because he could revive certain people, she had no use left, why not leave her dead?

5) we've been through a whole season, done pretty much everything that has to be done with the previous generation (baring Peter's father) and we still only know 3 powers, and there are still four of them left unmentioned (though I'm guessing Monica's mother was one of them) this seems like lazy writing to me.

6) How the hell did Adam persuade Parkman sr to work with him, he could read minds he would be the first to realise what was going on.

7) According to bob "Linderman was Adam's protégé" yet bob let him run the company? Freakin' genius.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #246 on: 05 Dec 2007, 01:37 »

I believe "Adam's protégé" is more in reference towards Adam's ideology.

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #247 on: 05 Dec 2007, 03:31 »

Exactly. he followed Adam's ideals and what was Adam's ideal in this case - wipe out the population of the world and rebuild together. Bob knew this and disapproved of it, he also presumably knew that Lindaman idolized Adam. Yet Linderman still was allowed free reign over the company to pull off his bomb plot. Either it was badly written, or bob was in on the bomb plot and decided to pretend he wasn't as soon as he realised that it had gone pear shaped.

the-artful-dodger-rodger

• Furry furrier
« Reply #248 on: 05 Dec 2007, 04:08 »

I belive that Bob called Linderman, Adam's disciple. so given that fact Adam thought he was a God and had 12 disciples. all but three of them (Linderman, Papa Parkman and Ma-Petrelli) turned their backs on him.

plus just re-watch Kill Bill 2, Budd and his buddy put The Bride in a wooden box with a nailed on lid.
- John Cusack

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • My blog
« Reply #249 on: 05 Dec 2007, 05:29 »

Yeah, I'm starting to remember her in the box hearing them nailing the casket shut.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up