THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 13:44
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Heroes right now  (Read 60547 times)

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
Re: Heroes right now
« Reply #250 on: 06 Dec 2007, 08:29 »

urgh.
1) Sylar, he's old and boring and been done. Fuck him. We're all sick of him. Either kill him or leave him powerless and have him use Maya as a tool.
And really the reason he lost his powers was nothing to do with the stab wound?Just a coincidence? Bad writing People.

Ummm, I'm not. Sylar's actually one of my favorite characters. His power is interesting, practically limitless and a perfect deus ex within the series. He's conniving, self serving and villainous. He's fun to watch. In terms of the coincidence factor: were you actually even paying attention? Here's the sequence for you: Sylar's stabbed. Candice bags and tags him for the company. While he's in captivity, she's instructed to infect him with the Shanti strain as he's clearly not to be trusted. Makes perfect, logical sense to me. Deal with it or watch something else.

2) Nikki, I think I may be the only person who liked her

Entirely possible. I, genuinely, do not know a single regular viewer of the show that wasn't sick of Nikki by midway through season one. Honestly, D.L. was about the only one of their family I could stand last season.

3)Nathan, no real reason to complain apart from the fact that I liked him. But then again it looked like it would be a blood bath after "How do you stop an Exploding Man?"  yet no one ended up dead after that ep.  (Did anyone think that Nathan's killer looked like peter? Perhaps he is somehow working for the company in the future and travels back in time to stop Nathan going public.)

Seems derivative. I'm pretty convinced it was Noah. He's back with the company and it would stand to open further plot developments when you take into account that he just killed Claire's biological father.

4)what the hell is the point of Maya now, she kills everyone around her or no one. Stupid. while her brother was alive it was vaguely useful because he could revive certain people, she had no use left, why not leave her dead?

After season one ended, you'd be hard pressed for me to tell you what the point of keeping Nathan around was. He'd served out his plotline and was never that interesting to me. I pretty much hated him. He managed to make for fun and engaging stories this season, though. Character's grow and mature. While I hate Maya, I can accept the fact she might go somewhere next season.

5) we've been through a whole season, done pretty much everything that has to be done with the previous generation (baring Peter's father) and we still only know 3 powers, and there are still four of them left unmentioned (though I'm guessing Monica's mother was one of them) this seems like lazy writing to me.

How's that lazy? An opportunity never sprang up. There was never a point where it seemed logical to throw it in. Judging by the "pandora's box" setup for next volume, I figure we'll see something more along those lines later.

6) How the hell did Adam persuade Parkman sr to work with him, he could read minds he would be the first to realise what was going on.

And what makes you so convinced that he gave a shit? Linderman knew the kind of plans Adam concocted, yet he stuck around. Parkman may have just believed in him.

7) According to bob "Linderman was Adam's protégé" yet bob let him run the company? Freakin' genius.

Linderman was quite probably higher up there by the time Bob even showed up. Linderman was, at the least, involved before the Petrellis were. Noting that Adam brought them all together in the first place, it would stand to reason that he'd put those who closely followed him in positions of power. Or, Bob may have just been completely full of shit. Not something I'd put past some of these guys.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

october1983

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • It is a foreign country!
« Reply #251 on: 06 Dec 2007, 17:33 »

I'm kind of glad we're focussing back on Sylar. Adam's "the only way to save humanity is to destroy it buahaha!" thing is so irritating. Sylar was just an evil bastard.
Quote from: Jens in Meebo
"MY SON JUST WANTED TO COME LIKE A THUNDERSTORM"
"AND YOU ROBBED HIM OF HIS LIFE"

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #252 on: 06 Dec 2007, 19:28 »

yeah but he's an overdone evil bastard, we've already seen an entire season focusing on him and I'm not the only one who was already over him by the end of season 1, why can't they create a new evil bastard. I was really hoping that Maya would somehow become the ultimate evil chick. Or why not have some new heroes pop up out of nowhere with plan to rid the world of all humans who don't have an ability or the genetic potential for their offspring to have an ability.
Guys guys I got this condition it is called "Involuntary Lottery Loser" guys don't laugh it is a disorder.

the-artful-dodger-rodger

• Furry furrier
« Reply #253 on: 07 Dec 2007, 04:47 »

well that was kinda was Adam's plan. also it would be kinda lame to introdution characters with the whole Magneto's destory normal people plan.

side note, do you think Sylar will go after Hiro, you know to get Hiro for stabing him.
« Last Edit: 07 Dec 2007, 16:06 by the-artful-dodger-rodger »
Do I listen to pop music because I'm miserable or am I miserable because listen to pop music?
- John Cusack

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #254 on: 07 Dec 2007, 17:10 »

and to get Hiro's Power. Is it just me or can Sylar, initially, use stolen powers better that the person he stole it from when they first manifested.

the-artful-dodger-rodger

• Furry furrier
« Reply #255 on: 07 Dec 2007, 19:04 »

I dont know about that, Hiro has been getting good at using his powers lately. Hiro was stoping time, poping in and out of space, great sword fighting, like a pro.

yes I know sword fighting isnt a power, but it was cool to see Hiro doing it.
Do I listen to pop music because I'm miserable or am I miserable because listen to pop music?
- John Cusack

LiterSize

• Curry sauce
« Reply #256 on: 11 Dec 2007, 10:43 »

A buddy and I posit that when Sylar steals brains, he sees how they work much like when he fixes a clock.  At that point he understands the power entirely and after some physical practice it's all good.

He tried going after Hiro once, and Hiro was faster than him.  Next to Peter, I think Hiro has the best chance.  At this point all he has to do is freeze time before Sylar freezes him.

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #257 on: 12 Dec 2007, 15:49 »

I like Sylar's way of getting powers better than Peter's honestly. I mean, at some point he's just gonna be god, and its really annoying me. His powers need to be limited, you can't have a Hero who can do everything, he needs weaknesses beyond being an annoying emo son of a bitch. It gets boring.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

the-artful-dodger-rodger

• Furry furrier
« Reply #258 on: 12 Dec 2007, 16:25 »

thats one of the problems I have with Peter, another problem is at first He wanted to be special, then the moment bad moments happen he wishes he never wanted powers. sometimes Peter is too emo, never be a badass like Hiro.
- John Cusack

Shem Tealeaf

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
    • http://www.last.fm/user/ShemTealeaf/
« Reply #259 on: 13 Dec 2007, 16:44 »

I feel like we're almost at that point already.  I mean, shouldn't Hiro (or Peter) be able to completely destroy any opponent by stopping time and just stabbing them in the chest?  The only person who would be resistant to that is The Haitian, and I'm pretty sure there are ways to get around that.

TheBoredOne

• Curry sauce
  • Boop.
    • The Church of Boredom Forums!
« Reply #260 on: 26 Dec 2007, 23:49 »

In a flashback scene, the Haitian and another guy had Nathan backed up against a metal fence, and Nathan flew straight up in the air.
I something see things wrong, so could someone correct me on that, or am I spot-on and that's a blooper?

Also, axerton, no, you're not the only one who didn't hate Nikki. I didn't hate her.
But I would like to see other heroes besides Claire, Hiro and Parkman toughen up and start to enjoy/use their powers with confidence.

I mean, Hiro was the only one of them all who was psyched to have powers, and it makes sense that he was the first one to do heroic things. Claire's pissed, so she uses her powers a lot. Parkman learned he can control people's minds and he uses it all the time now, with confidence... even if it seems like it'll eventually corrupt him.

Peter uses his powers when he needs to, but he still seems all confused like last season. At least in Ireland he seemed like a badass. Even still, Peter's powers make him my favorite character. I just wanna see him be tougher, and smarter I guess.
Boredom Makes You Cool.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #261 on: 29 Dec 2007, 12:46 »

In a flashback scene, the Haitian and another guy had Nathan backed up against a metal fence, and Nathan flew straight up in the air.
I something see things wrong, so could someone correct me on that, or am I spot-on and that's a blooper?

perhaps the Haitian's power has a certain area of influence?

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #262 on: 29 Dec 2007, 16:24 »

No, we've seen him block other peoples powers from much further away, it's either a mistake or it's the first signs of the Haitian's true loyalty to Nathan's mum.
Guys guys I got this condition it is called "Involuntary Lottery Loser" guys don't laugh it is a disorder.

the-artful-dodger-rodger

• Furry furrier
« Reply #263 on: 30 Dec 2007, 12:35 »

The Haitian's power is effective against abilities that require active concentration like Hiro's power, not passive/active powers like Clarie's regeneration. now the question is the power of Flight is an active/passive power or a concentration power.

I like to think the flight is a passive power.
- John Cusack

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #264 on: 30 Dec 2007, 12:57 »

The writers have answered this.  The Haitian let Nathan fly away, because he was working for his mother and Nathan's election was important to the Linderman Plan.

There is no plot-hole because HRG did not know Nathan had a power, so the Haitian didn't even have to justify why he let him fly away.
Man, this thread really makes me want to suck some cock.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #265 on: 30 Dec 2007, 13:10 »

That doesn't make sense. Why would Bennett even be after Nathan if he didn't know he had a power?

Honestly, it was probably a plot hole they covered up later after realizing it.
JON MADE ME GAY

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #266 on: 30 Dec 2007, 13:51 »

That doesn't make sense. Why would Bennett even be after Nathan if he didn't know he had a power?

Did you watch the episode?

They were trying to abduct him to convince him to become Linderman's pawn in the election.  It is never explicit or implicit that Bennet knew he had a power.  The entire purpose of Nathan/Vegas was not to "bag and tag" a Super, it was to ensure his political allegiance with Linderman.

Bennet also clearly looks shocked when Nathan flies away.
Man, this thread really makes me want to suck some cock.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #267 on: 30 Dec 2007, 13:53 »

The Haitian must be like Leech, but without the morlock deformities. Odds are, and hopefully, they borrow more from X-Men.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #268 on: 30 Dec 2007, 14:13 »

Did you watch the episode?

They were trying to abduct him to convince him to become Linderman's pawn in the election.  It is never explicit or implicit that Bennet knew he had a power.  The entire purpose of Nathan/Vegas was not to "bag and tag" a Super, it was to ensure his political allegiance with Linderman.

Bennet also clearly looks shocked when Nathan flies away.

I just rechecked it to verify what I remembered and I'm fully confident that you're talking out of your ass about this.

For one: Why in the Hell would they be approaching him about that? First and foremost, Bennet has no clue Linderman is involved in the company. This is clear when Matt later brings it up to him and he has no idea what Matt's talking about. They made a pretty big deal about it. Second and about as important: Nathan was already in Vegas to speak to Linderman about his campaign. Why would Linderman send Bennet and the Haitian after Nathan when Nathan is already there to cooperate with Linderman in the first place AND Linderman had just acquired blackmail material on Nathan through Jessica? Your theory not only makes absolutely jack shit for sense, it's not even the slightest bit founded in the episodes this occurred in.

Not to mention, half of Bennet's dialogue makes it pretty clear they're after a powered individual. "Do you have any idea who I am?" "Better than even you do."/"Just take the one" imply pretty heavily they're talking about Nathan's abilities. He might not have known what Nathan's ability was, but he most assuredly knew Nathan had one.
JON MADE ME GAY
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up