THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 12:58
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pets and cuteness.  (Read 35512 times)

SevenPinkerton

Re: Pets and cuteness.
« Reply #150 on: 05 Feb 2008, 11:27 »

Is that a corgi?!

Oh goodness how badly I want a corgi dog. They are the coolest dogs I've ever met/read about/etc.

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #151 on: 05 Feb 2008, 11:31 »

I don't believe that's a corgi. A corgi generally has more of a fluffy look and stubbier legs.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

SevenPinkerton

« Reply #152 on: 05 Feb 2008, 11:43 »

Bean playing Hide and Seek:

Where are you Bean? Goodness, we can't find you anywhere!

Oh! There you are! How did you hide so well?

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #153 on: 05 Feb 2008, 12:51 »

that looks a lot like a corgi Jon, but I admit I doubt that it's a purebred one, looks like it could have some German Shepherd in it or some other dog to give it that size.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

screamingfool

• Emoticontraindication
  • the terrible parable
« Reply #154 on: 05 Feb 2008, 12:56 »

as best as i can figure she's corgi and shiba inu or maybe chow because of the tail, copious shedding and purple tip on her tongue. Definitely corgi though, the herding instinct is strong. She once herded a bunch of baby ducks, it was the cutest thing ever.

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #155 on: 05 Feb 2008, 12:58 »

awesome. That is the best mental image I have ever had. You have given us a gift this day.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart
« Reply #156 on: 05 Feb 2008, 16:22 »

they have such soft plush fur, like a grumpy stuffed animal

That's a pretty good description of my Meow Meow.  But I'd doubt he's pure anything, other than grump.
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

audacity

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #157 on: 06 Feb 2008, 05:37 »

My baby.

thewayigroove

« Reply #158 on: 08 Feb 2008, 08:48 »

Ginny & Meh

lyra

• Plantmonster
  • magically delicious
« Reply #159 on: 08 Feb 2008, 19:37 »

this is my hamster...

()

ducks!!!

clockworkjames

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Grammar Nazi vs Illiterate Jew
« Reply #160 on: 09 Feb 2008, 15:32 »

Lyra I just spent like 3 minutes laughing at that picture, looks so fluffy.
still new here, didn't wanna piss anyone off

lyra

• Plantmonster
  • magically delicious
« Reply #161 on: 10 Feb 2008, 22:04 »

=D

his name is heep.
()

ducks!!!

cheesepie

• Larger than most fish
  • the limit as cool approaches awesome of myself
« Reply #162 on: 12 Feb 2008, 07:02 »

This is Drake. He's a Portuguese Water Dog. I took him water skiing on the Ottawa River.

I'd rather be skiing.

0bsessions

• Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #163 on: 12 Feb 2008, 07:40 »

If I were Forum Dictator, the Pets & Cuteness thread would be stickied instead of the Photo Thread. I already know what all of you look like, more pet pictures.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

mooface

« Reply #164 on: 12 Feb 2008, 08:55 »

cheesepie, your dog is really fucking cute!!

eveisdawning

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #165 on: 12 Feb 2008, 20:03 »

So I have three dogs, two of which are miniature dachshunds. The third is a mutt--an eighty-pound mutt. We like contrast.

[img width= height=]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j194/eveisdawning/puppy2.jpg[/img]
His little sad face was so irresistable.

[img width= height=]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j194/eveisdawning/naptime1.jpg[/img]
That's the mutt and one of the mini dachshunds taking a nap.

[img width= height=]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j194/eveisdawning/img_2622.jpg[/img]
And here's the third, looking very curious about what I am doing.
Without music, life would be a mistake. --Friedrich Nietzsche

pen

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #166 on: 13 Feb 2008, 06:46 »

Your mutt (what's it's name?) looks kind of disappointed that it's lying next to a mini-pooch instead of another real dog.  I would be.
Cross-dressing national monuments are always exciting.

eveisdawning

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #167 on: 15 Feb 2008, 05:31 »

haha, yeah, he probably is. That was right after my parents got the first dachshund, and he really was not entirely sure what to make of this tiny thing that insisted on sleeping with him. He's still not a huge fan of them. Fortunately, all he has to do when they annoy him is stand up.
Without music, life would be a mistake. --Friedrich Nietzsche

pennyroyal

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #168 on: 15 Feb 2008, 21:46 »

wolfe being a cat

Xcarissa

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #169 on: 17 Feb 2008, 00:23 »

^____________________________^

Pearl, with two of her kittens. They never had names. The one on the right has since been taken to the humane society, and the one on the left will be further referred to as Kitty.

Kitty's brother liked to sit in things that forced his body to conform.

Kitty, as she is now [she's still so tiny though, only 5 pounds. It's crazy to see her pregnant!]

Adrien, Kitty's first son [taken to the vet, where he was adopted by a nice lady who worked there].

Adrien's younger brother and sister. Cute, huh? The dark one ran off to a new home and the white one... well, we had to take her to the humane society.

Dot, another one of Pearl's daughters [older than Kitty].

Blaze, who is unrelated [though he and Dot are oddly similar, in that way that fathers-and-daughters can be. But Blaze is fixed].

Oh, and I have a dog, named Pepper.
No.

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart
« Reply #170 on: 17 Feb 2008, 00:57 »

I just found a bunch of photos of my kitty I forgot I even had.  He was SO SMALL.  Look at him compared to the size of the boy's docs.
I really want another tiny kitten, but I dont think I could share my love.
(PS That kitty in the casserole dish fills me with joy.  He looks so confused as to why his foot wont pass through the glass.)

Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #171 on: 17 Feb 2008, 03:51 »

I'm 100% certain that your cat and my Hedda have the same breed in them somewhere.

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #172 on: 17 Feb 2008, 04:22 »

My old red point Siamese, Thelma:

She and her brother Otis got dumped on our front porch when they were about 6 weeks old when I was 3. Otis ran off later, but she stuck it out with me. She died of a type of bone cancer that apparently only usually occurs in rottweilers this past October. She was 19. She was so bossy, and always just walking all over people. Like seriously, you'd just be sitting there and then all of a sudden she's basically just pushing you onto the ground to sit on you. Also she used to lick my hair; I guess she thought it tasted good.

This guy's name was Wanderer, after Taran from the Lloyd Alexander series. He had huuuuge feet, and whenever we would see him prowling through the backyard he always looked vaguely like a cheetah. He had cataracts in the one eye (although sometimes the light would shine through it funny and we could see his eye was completely intact behind it, and I think he sometimes could see through the cataract) and was mostly deaf. He reminded me of Willy Nelson, all old and grizzled and kind of a hippie and been there forever and never dying. He showed up one day to eat our other cats' food and bully them around because he was a Tough Guy, but then he stuck around and eventually let us get him fixed. After that there was not a sweeter, less demanding cat I have ever met. He wanted whatever affection I would dole out, and would follow me around whenever I was outside just to be near me. A lot of his nights were spent peering in the windows at us, wanting to be inside not because it was cooler or warmer or the weather wasn't so bad in there but to be with us; and it was sad because we often ignored him in the hopes that he would go amuse himself (my mom is allergic to cats and wasn't getting shots at the time).
In August 07 he was sleeping under my car and I had to leave because I was late for work and I didn't check, and I ran over him. He was put down three days later because of a ruptured bladder that was leaking somewhere into his abdominal cavity. We found out after he had gotten some Xrays that his head was not actually supposed to be that round, but built up scar tissue from so many fights over the years, plus a poorly healed fracture in his jaw that had some calcium around it, made it kind of misshapen. We also found out that once, back before we knew him, he had been shot not once or twice but three times, and only one of them could possibly be confirmed to be merely a BB, because the others were just shrapnel. Ever since he died I have always felt like we were never fair to him, because he never demanded anything of anyone and was the most grateful creature I have ever seen for so little in return, and we by comparison did not shower him with unrestrained affection but barely spared him such attention as we could be bothered. I can say, though, that because of him I was far more aware of what I should have offered him, so that I could in turn give Thelma the interaction she craved during her last weeks out of respect for both her and his memory.
« Last Edit: 17 Feb 2008, 04:26 by calenlass »
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

clockworkjames

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Grammar Nazi vs Illiterate Jew
« Reply #173 on: 17 Feb 2008, 06:50 »

That is such an awesome cat, the eyes are a little like the bladerunner cat.

I could write some about a rat I use to have, he is still my favourite pet ever but it is too depressing.

I miss you ratfink :'(
« Last Edit: 21 Nov 2008, 00:07 by clockworkjames »
still new here, didn't wanna piss anyone off

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #174 on: 18 Feb 2008, 12:19 »

This is my sister's kitten Nabisco. He is pretty much only ever in pictures when he is asleep because the flash spooks him. He is about a year old now, but he got fixed when he was not even 8 weeks, so he's still got the pointy head and the big ears and never grew much larger than kitten sized. He is a weird cat, because half the time he spooks and runs away from everything, but the other half the same stimulus (like dropping something heavy on the floor next to him) he won't even notice.

This is my buddy Oscar. He and Nabisco are best friends and playmates, otherwise he would come and live with me (you know, if I could afford the $400 pet deposit). They both live indoors because we had a cat named Tormey around two years ago now who was indoor-outdoor and one day he got spooked by the garbage man on his way outside and we never saw him again; it was pretty ominous when later the same day Animal Control picked up a coyote on the next street over, so I am pretty sure what happened, even if my sister will never admit it.
It is strange for a cat to adopt a person and not a territory, but somewhere along the line Oscar decided I am his human, and every time I go visit my parents he is right there at the door waiting to smoosh his nose into mine on the stairs in greeting, and he really likes sleeping curled right against my butt at night, under the sheets of course. He is about three-ish and enormous at 23lb, even though he is not really fat - there is a type of cat that tends to be tabby, male, and just friggin huge, and I don't remember what it is called, but he is one. Admittedly, he has got a little fluffy pooch on his lower belly when he sits that covers his feet, but for the most part he is pretty solid and not flabby at all. Also he has got this thing about sleeping on his back in kind of a spread eagle positions, but I really can't figure it out. Cute, though. He is curious about pretty much everything and his most recent adventure is How To Get Outside.

He blends into the floor!
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #175 on: 18 Feb 2008, 20:17 »

I am now convinced that orange tabbies were developed from the necessity of blending into the wood grains of lightly stained and waxed oak flooring.

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #176 on: 19 Feb 2008, 02:55 »

Fluffy! She is old. She is the best cat!

Eli

• Obscure cultural reference
  • Crayon teeth draw blood.
« Reply #177 on: 19 Feb 2008, 04:31 »

We've (meaning the boyfriend and I) have discovered Cipher (the dog above) loves poptarts. If you even rustle the wrapper of one, he comes running and wags his tail so much that the whole half end of him is wiggling.
He's gotten really bad at begging, though. He used to just lay his head in your lap and look up at you with a pleading look, but now he makes noises and paws at you.

The extra letter

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #178 on: 19 Feb 2008, 05:47 »

Cats can fly!

Note for concerned citizens and sleeper agents for the RSPCA:

My cat loves doing gigantic leaps off the ground at cat toys and the like. I didn't like, throw him or anything.
Hush, may I ask you all for silence? The dreamer is still asleep.

monkandmovies13

« Reply #179 on: 19 Feb 2008, 06:15 »

This is probably my favorite picture of my cats ever. The black one is U-Turn, and the gray one is Myla:

Awww.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up