THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 18:21
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No More Heroes  (Read 2726 times)

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
No More Heroes
« on: 25 Sep 2007, 12:54 »

I could have put this news in the TGS thread, but since I think this game looks awesome I am going to make a thread about it!

Ubisoft has announced that they picked up the publishing rights for No More Heroes, the latest game from SUDA51 (aka the guy who made Killer7 and Contact), for the North America and Europe regions. I can't say for certain what the European date is, but I know they announced a February 2008 release for the North American version of the game.

It's being developed for the Wii, and the concept is essentially this: You have a lightsaber, and you run around and cut guys. And occasionally suplex them. But the cel-shaded art style is awesome, and it's absolutely saturated with Suda's very Japanese style of crazy. The first boss is an assassin who disguises himself as a mailman who fires lasers out of his crotch. He's called Destroyman. And there's a character modeled after the girl in Grindhouse with a rocket launcher for a leg instead of a machine gun. I am not making this up.

Here are some of the screenshots/artwork they've released for the game so far:

And a link to Gamespot's most recent preview.

Basically, I think this game looks totally awesome. I think that the Western market needs more offbeat Japanese games and I also think that we need to support M-rated games for the Wii if we want publishers to make more, so unless this game turns out totally broken (which I don't think it will), I will definitely be picking this one up.

Also, Suda also accidentally announced that he and his team are working on a 360 game. However, it isn't certain if this is the game he is going to make with Hideo Kojima after MGS4 wraps up.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
Re: No More Heroes
« Reply #1 on: 25 Sep 2007, 14:29 »

is that a fucking syringe lightsaber?! Oh my god, I like this.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

Scarychips

• Scrabble hacker
  • Wwaahhhhhh
« Reply #2 on: 25 Sep 2007, 16:07 »

I heard Travis Touchdown was modeled after Johnny Knoxville...

I'll probably have to beg my mom to have this game but It looks freaking awesome. I just love the artwork, I'm drooling at the screenshots I saw so far
Sometimes I look at Achewood archives while listening to Spoon.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #3 on: 25 Sep 2007, 16:12 »

I do not think the lightsaber is also a syringe, but I wouldn't entirely put it past Suda to do something like that.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • I'm a lion, and I'm flyin'.
    • My blog
« Reply #4 on: 25 Sep 2007, 18:28 »

I cant fucking wait 'till this game.

It looks SO much better than killer7
"Cause I might be a werewolf...but why would an inquisitor of the pope be in a webcomic forum?"

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #5 on: 25 Sep 2007, 21:29 »

Suda is not the best game designer ever. He's actually a bit crappy at making "games".

But his style is soooo fucking off-the-wall awesome that it doesn't matter. I can't wait for this and his collaboration with Kojima.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • I'm a lion, and I'm flyin'.
    • My blog
« Reply #6 on: 26 Sep 2007, 03:26 »

hes collaberating with kojima!?

collaberation ftw!

I was reading more about this game, The height of your wiimotes will actually direct were you attack. Like if you had them pointing downwards, you can slash around the baddies kneecaps. This will come in handy in the first bossbattle, you can baseball bat back the lasers he shoots from his crotch.
« Last Edit: 26 Sep 2007, 06:07 by thatwittygeek »
"Cause I might be a werewolf...but why would an inquisitor of the pope be in a webcomic forum?"
Pages: [1]   Go Up