THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 18:41
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EETYUR MOTHAR KILL UR DOGG!  (Read 7296 times)

Chrasstor

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • ?Four dollars and x amount of cents
EETYUR MOTHAR KILL UR DOGG!
« on: 22 Jul 2007, 21:23 »

DO U LIEK IT?
I MADED IT WITH MS PAINT N MOUSE FOR ADDED INDIE CRED LOLZ
N FOR ++INDIE CRED I ONLY UESD THE COLARZ MS PAINT GIEVS U!

(I take no responsibility for drawing the Deathmole headband's logo, that's Jeph's)

Postscript- Hey, Jeph, if you read this, I was wondering how your shirts are cut. Sometimes, I'll buy shirts that fit otherwise well, except, they were made for obese people... So the stomach is uber huge on them... And I'm a pretty small guy(5'8.5" 145lbs)(albeit I'm 15), so, was just wondering if it's a nice fitting Small. Was planning on buying a heather-grey Irony Tee... Just not sure if I REALLY want to.. 'Cause fat shirts piss me off. In short: Are the shirts cut for fatties, or cut in a more masculine V look? I'll probably end up buying it tonight anyway, then bitching at you later if I don't like it.
« Last Edit: 22 Jul 2007, 21:34 by Chrasstor »

thehoopiestfrood

Re: EETYUR MOTHAR KILL UR DOGG!
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jul 2007, 21:45 »

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the "small" size t-shirt probably isn't intended for obese people but if you need one with a smaller waist and yet still room for your moobs you could always buy a girls' tshirt for your figure, which sounds quite frankly feminine.

Caiphana

• Curry sauce
  • WHOOSH
    • dA
« Reply #2 on: 22 Jul 2007, 22:40 »

Or you could take in the sides... doesn't take long, and even an idiot could do it.
..so long as the word "cookie" is in your country's vocabulary, it's an okay place to be.

Those who forget the past may be doomed to repeat it, but those who refuse to learn from the past and move on are fucking idiots.

Chrasstor

« Reply #3 on: 22 Jul 2007, 23:37 »

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the "small" size t-shirt probably isn't intended for obese people but if you need one with a smaller waist and yet still room for your moobs you could always buy a girls' tshirt for your figure, which sounds quite frankly feminine.

Hey sorry if I offended you.

I'm just saying, small clothing sizes for men that are European tend to fit me. Some clothes are cut differently because of the large ammount of overweight people in North America.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about:

Not my ideal cut.

Nicer cut.

And it's not just the size that comes into play here. I've bought size S that still had large stomach area in proportion to everything else.

Also, I don't dislike fat-people in any way. Except Oprah... I hate her.

thehoopiestfrood

« Reply #4 on: 22 Jul 2007, 23:52 »

I'm not offended, I understand what you are complaining about. I suffer from the same problem. However this is because I am a girl with a reasonably large chest so when I get a tshirt to fit there it is often far too big around the waist.

The merch page states that the makes of tshirts used for each variety. If you do not already know what the sizing of a particular make is, it is not difficult to look it up on the brand website and get the measurements or look at the photos so you can judge if you approve of the cut. 

Otherwise if it bothers you that much, learn to sew as Caiphana suggested.

Caiphana

• Curry sauce
  • WHOOSH
    • dA
« Reply #5 on: 23 Jul 2007, 00:01 »

Yeah... I have a larger chest and a smaller waist and larger hips... when I have to sew things to fix them so they fit me more better, it's a little more complicated. When you're a guy and your sides are parallel, it's incredibly easy.

Anyway, note the arm sleeve length of the cut you like. Lots shorter. It's not bigger in the belly area because we're fat. It's bigger because it's the style. Many guys like roomier shirts.
..so long as the word "cookie" is in your country's vocabulary, it's an okay place to be.

Those who forget the past may be doomed to repeat it, but those who refuse to learn from the past and move on are fucking idiots.

Chrasstor

« Reply #6 on: 23 Jul 2007, 00:22 »

Bleh, whatever... Just bought it. Note: It didn't take me 3 hours to decide :P... I watched some shitty movie about cults or something...?

Hopefully it fits nicely, although if it doesn't I'll still wear it.

But if it does, I'll probably end up ordering an Indiana Jones shirt too~

Modify: So wait, assuming I don't know anything about sewing, guide me through tailoring a shirt.  'Cause I was going to a while back, but I never got the guts to make the cuts.
« Last Edit: 23 Jul 2007, 00:24 by Chrasstor »

thehoopiestfrood

« Reply #7 on: 23 Jul 2007, 01:25 »

If you're just taking it in a bit you don't even need to cut it. If you've got someone else to help you all you need to do is put the tshirt on inside out and get them to either pin it or make guide stitches along the side seams to make it the size and shape you want. Then sew along this line properly either by hand or with a sewing machine and then turn it the right way out and iron the new seam you've made properly (obviously not ironing the design on the front or it will come off). That's the quickest and easiest way to do it and if you grow/put on weight you can always unpick your stitches and let it out again. Make sure to make it even on both sides, obviously.

If you're doing it on your own you basically do the same thing but you have to work out how much smaller you want it. And like I said, pin it and try it on before you do any final stitching.

Caiphana

• Curry sauce
  • WHOOSH
    • dA
« Reply #8 on: 23 Jul 2007, 02:52 »

Oh, and be careful when you're trying the shirt on with the pins.

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #9 on: 23 Jul 2007, 06:32 »

The hobocore shirt I got from Jeph is nice and tight around my stomach, and I'm a skinny guy. All webcomics shirts I've bought are nice and tight.

Chrasstor

« Reply #10 on: 20 Aug 2007, 07:46 »

It'll be a month in 3 days that I ordered the shirt, and it still hasn't arrived. Should I be worried? I'm an eastern Canadium, and yes, all of my addresses and etc. were correct.

MusicScribbles

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • John Milton was a punk rocker.
« Reply #11 on: 20 Aug 2007, 19:25 »

You can email Jeph or Cristi if you want, but I wouldn't start worrying yet. Sometimes it takes a bit for them to send these out. They are, after all, a few people trying to satisfy an enormous amount in comparison.
Quote from: Tommydski
Listen to SLOAN you CUNTS.

Chrasstor

« Reply #12 on: 20 Aug 2007, 19:33 »

Yeah, I was just wondering since most things you order online will arrive within the next week or so.. But I can understand how it might take a while for them to ship it. I'll just wait until a bit into September before sending an email.

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart
« Reply #13 on: 26 Sep 2007, 19:45 »

I have to agree about the weird shirt fit.  I bought 3 small shirts from QC (which I love, dont get me wrong) But all three are COMPLETELY differet sizes so only one of them fits me properly.
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.
Pages: [1]   Go Up