THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 18 Apr 2024, 15:04
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Iced Earth  (Read 4327 times)

AngelofShadows

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • One body.....one mind.
Iced Earth
« on: 11 Oct 2007, 10:52 »

Their new Album, Framing Armageddon is awesome. And Overture of the Wicked (which was nothing but their single, Ten Thousand Strong, and a remake of the Something Wicked Trilogy from the Something Wicked this Way Comes album) is damn good as well. Tim Owens proves his worth, while at the same time showing how sub-par The Glorious burden really was. The Second part of the Album, Framing Armageddon part 2, should be released early next year, and I'm looking forward to it. Who else here has heard it.

.....I uh....kinda feel out of place with this thread.....oh well.
There are some basic rules to remember when cosplaying.
   1. If you're a hot Asian chick you can wear whatever you want and say it's whatever you want. Lingerie and some Pikachu ears are totally a legitimate costume.
   2. Everyone else needs to GTFO.

Ocarina654

• Obscure cultural reference
Re: Iced Earth
« Reply #1 on: 11 Oct 2007, 15:03 »

Haven't picked the full thing up yet but I LOVED the single.

I've always been supportive of Tim Owens, even though on TGB there were songs that were... less great.  But the Gettysburg Trilogy, I thought, proved his worth.

Unfortunately, I don't have the money to buy the album right now, and Iced Earth just isn't as high priority to me as they were even just a year ago.  Perhaps this new album will put them back up to their former place of glory.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #2 on: 11 Oct 2007, 16:14 »

I do think that people were melodramatic about Owens. I don't even think that he was the real problem on TGB, it was more that the musicianship wasn't up to IE's usual standard.

That being said, I do miss Barlow a lot, but I'm glad to hear that people are reacting favorably to the newest album. If anybody's willing to upload it I would be extremely grateful.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

AngelofShadows

• One body.....one mind.
« Reply #3 on: 11 Oct 2007, 21:07 »

The glorious burden was alright. it just sounded off to me.  not as fierce as i expected. ten thousand strong fixed that. i`ll try to upload it later
   1. If you're a hot Asian chick you can wear whatever you want and say it's whatever you want. Lingerie and some Pikachu ears are totally a legitimate costume.

MusicScribbles

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • John Milton was a punk rocker.
« Reply #4 on: 11 Oct 2007, 21:21 »

I just realized that I have a song from these guys on my ipod. Where did it come from? Probably the old forced listening thread, and upon listening, I'll have to listen some more.
Quote from: Tommydski
Listen to SLOAN you CUNTS.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #5 on: 11 Oct 2007, 21:23 »

I believe I did put up an Iced Earth song in that thread. It might be the Days of Purgatory version of Stormrider (which is totally fucking awesome). If it's not that, then I don't know where it came from.

casull

• LJ
« Reply #6 on: 12 Oct 2007, 01:32 »

'Wolf' is one of my very favorite metal tracks that doesn't involve an orchestra or a blast beat. I haven't payed much attention to their recent stuff, but I'll try this.
Say old man, can you play the fiddle?

AngelofShadows

• One body.....one mind.
« Reply #7 on: 12 Oct 2007, 14:20 »

'Wolf' is one of my very favorite metal tracks that doesn't involve an orchestra or a blast beat. I haven't payed much attention to their recent stuff, but I'll try this.

Wolf was part of the reason that I was disappointed with The Glorious Burden. The Horror show had some insane intense parts, and songs that screamed metal. I wanted more of that, but didn't get it.

Wolf is one of my most favorite songs ever.

Ocarina654

« Reply #8 on: 12 Oct 2007, 17:41 »

Wolf was part of the reason that I was disappointed with The Glorious Burden. The Horror show had some insane intense parts, and songs that screamed metal. I wanted more of that, but didn't get it.

Wolf is one of my most favorite songs ever.
When the wolf bane blooms,
And the autumn moon is bright
(There's a full moon tonight)
Man may become a wolf

Ohh, I love Horror Show.

AngelofShadows

• One body.....one mind.
« Reply #9 on: 14 Oct 2007, 09:59 »

I would love to hear remakes of their older songs with Owens. The Something wicked Trilogy kicks as much ass as ever, and I would love to hear songs like wolf redone.

Also, Dante's Inferno. Dante's Inferno kicks ass.

Ocarina654

« Reply #10 on: 14 Oct 2007, 19:10 »

I would love to hear remakes of their older songs with Owens. The Something wicked Trilogy kicks as much ass as ever, and I would love to hear songs like wolf redone.

Also, Dante's Inferno. Dante's Inferno kicks ass.
Amen.

SusurrusIgnoramus

• Furry furrier
  • Up yours, Mr. Bear!
« Reply #11 on: 16 Oct 2007, 10:36 »

i've just gotten into them over the last few months.  any suggestions as to the best album to buy first?
"Liquor doesn't punch holes in walls, you just hate your dad."

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #12 on: 16 Oct 2007, 11:08 »

I'd suggest Something Wicked This Way Comes, personally. Night of the Stormrider is probably the strongest album musically, but it's unfortunately with the vocalist that came directly before Matt Barlow, who is by far the best singer they had. Horror Show and Burnt Offerings are both very good as well.

AngelofShadows

• One body.....one mind.
« Reply #13 on: 16 Oct 2007, 20:21 »

I'd suggest Something Wicked This Way Comes, personally. Night of the Stormrider is probably the strongest album musically, but it's unfortunately with the vocalist that came directly before Matt Barlow, who is by far the best singer they had. Horror Show and Burnt Offerings are both very good as well.

Search for Days of purgatory. It's alot of their older material with Barlow on vocals. Also, Alive in Athens. Violate live is awesome. Dark Saga has it's moments too.

....my attempts at the coming curse. Figured I should've put it here in the first place.

http://download.yousendit.com/BDEA7F98585150E0

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #14 on: 16 Oct 2007, 21:21 »

I have Days of Purgatory, it's great.

AngelofShadows

• One body.....one mind.
« Reply #15 on: 17 Oct 2007, 05:49 »

I have Days of Purgatory, it's great.

Pure Evil is the awesome. That opening riff gave me chills when I first heard it.

AngelofShadows

• One body.....one mind.
« Reply #16 on: 06 Jan 2008, 10:02 »

Update: Owens I guess is gone from the band. Barlow is back.

Needless to say, I'm fucking pumped.
Pages: [1]   Go Up