Jeph Jacques's comics discussion forums

• 26 Jan 2022, 22:30
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Iron & Wine on tour  (Read 1269 times)

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker
Iron & Wine on tour
« on: 30 Sep 2007, 21:56 »

I just came back from the Iron & Wine show, this being my first time with Sam Beam live, and I'm a little bit shocked.  The show was maybe half as good as I thought it would be.  The best songs were the ones where you could hear Sam Beam.  The worst were the ones where his vocals and guitar were virtually drowned out by the seven person band he is touring with.  I am convinced that this would have been one of my shows of the year if Sam had played solo or with just the accordion and drums backing.  The strange thing is that I like the new album, and apparently he recorded the album with this backing band.  Going back into his catalog, though, and playing stuff off of Endless Numbered Days and Woman King, with most or all of the band backing him, really didn't work for me. 

Anyone else seeing him on The Shepherd's Dog?  Anyone else have this reaction when he toured with a band previously (and I'm not counting Calexico)?

Liz

Re: Iron & Wine on tour
« Reply #1 on: 01 Oct 2007, 06:33 »

I wish I could go to a show, but he's not coming anywhere near me on this tour. This is a sad thing.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
Re: Iron & Wine on tour
« Reply #2 on: 12 Oct 2007, 13:59 »

I'm hopefully (i have yet to buy tickets) going to see these guys in edinburgh on the 29th. Hopefully.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.
Pages: [1]   Go Up