THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 24 Apr 2024, 00:09
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: more music, please?  (Read 2140 times)

Inanimated

more music, please?
« on: 10 Nov 2007, 15:53 »

Hello, it's been awhile since I posted here, but I remember asking for music recommendations awhile ago and ending up finding out about a few new artists. One of those artists was Discordance Axis (whoever recommended them-thank you!) They've quickly become one of my favorite bands. I've picked up Inalienable dreamless, Original sound version, and the pikadourei DVD (and jouhou off of that) and love all of them. Hopefully there's a few other fans on here that could help.

So what I need is some more grind/metal/other sub-genre of your choosing that you think I would like based off of my love of DA. Jokes about how terrible grindcore is kept to a minimum, please.

thanks, and I'm already waiting for the gridlink album, if anyone brings it up.

mediumrare

• Emoticontraindication
  • buhh
Re: more music, please?
« Reply #1 on: 10 Nov 2007, 16:22 »

Serendipity:

The moment I finish reading this thread the first track of East West Blast Test's first release starts playing. It's a collaboration between Chris Dodge of powerviolence band Spazz and Dave Witte, stunning drummer of, yes, Discordance Axis (...and Municipal Waste, but shhhh).

It's grindcore in the same "My God, how did they think of THAT?" vein as Discordance Axis. You know what? I have absolutely no idea how to describe it, though that could just be down to my small small musical vocabulary more than anything else.

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer
« Reply #2 on: 10 Nov 2007, 17:36 »

Orthrelm is sort of along the same lines, and so is Stinking Lizaveta (sic).  I like Amok and !T.O.O.H.!, as far as grindcore goes.  Not at all like EWBT or DA, but you should check 'em out if you get the chance.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Inanimated

« Reply #3 on: 10 Nov 2007, 20:02 »

I'll have to check out east west blast test. What I've heard of powerviolence I like, What I've heard of witte...yeah, stunning. haha. I remember T.O.O.H. but I had some trouble finding their music. A large amount of my music choice comes from what I can find fairly easily, and I also don't download stuff. And have the average high school budget. I'll work on it though, I remember seeing them on some label-run mailorder while looking for something else, but can't recall it now.

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer
« Reply #4 on: 10 Nov 2007, 21:07 »

If you know any record stores that go through the Yodelin' Pig distributor, I know they have Rad A Trest (they're Czechoslovakian)...actually, I think the American version has the title translated to 'Order and Punishment'.  But yeah, if I can get around to it I'll put it in the sendspace thread.

Edit:  I should mention that their sublabel got dropped from Earache two months after that album came out, which may explain why it's difficult to find. 
« Last Edit: 10 Nov 2007, 21:08 by Dimmukane »
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Inanimated

« Reply #5 on: 11 Nov 2007, 07:26 »

oh that's great then. I saw order and punishment on relapse's mailorder. I'll probably try and pick that up with some nasum, I'm hearing good things about them. I'm tempted to start with grind finale and work backwards, unless someone can suggest a better starting place.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
« Reply #6 on: 11 Nov 2007, 07:58 »

It was probably me who recommended you Discordance Axis. It sounds like a thing I would do.

Try Contrastic or Circle of Dead Children.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #7 on: 11 Nov 2007, 08:06 »

PIG DESTROYER
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #8 on: 11 Nov 2007, 08:34 »

Listen to this man. He knows whereof he speaks, get yourself Prowler In The Yard.

Creation Is Crucifixion, Narcosis, Executive Distraction Tasks and maybe even Crowpath may well be right up your alley as well. Oh, and Circle of Dead Children are alright too, but they can be a bit patchy. Sadly I can't remember the title of the record that's kinda crappy, the picture disc 7" is decent though. You should remember to bear in mind that The Inalienable Dreamless is the best grindcore album ever and DA are the best grindcore band ever, so everything you hear from now on will unfortunately be inferior.
« Last Edit: 11 Nov 2007, 08:36 by a pack of wolves »
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

mediumrare

• Emoticontraindication
  • buhh
« Reply #9 on: 11 Nov 2007, 11:27 »

Yeah, that is sadly true.

Though there's enough variety for you not to care too much. Pig Destroyer get my full endorsement, but don't bother with the latest unless you enjoy redundancy. There's nothing in it that they haven't done better on other releases.
Pages: [1]   Go Up