THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 20 Apr 2024, 01:13
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A little help, please...  (Read 5303 times)

SunK

A little help, please...
« on: 24 Dec 2005, 00:26 »

Hey, guys, wonder if u can help me out.. I downloaded a free game, but when I'm trying to open it, a little DOS(?) window pops up end tells me: "program too big to fit in memory". On top of everything, when I'm trying to delete the bloody thing it tells me: "cannot delete: it's being used by another person or program /close any programs that might be using the file and try again". I'm using ctr alt del to see what program is "using" it, but it gets me nowhere... Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Absolut

A little help, please...
« Reply #1 on: 24 Dec 2005, 00:40 »

You could restart in safe mode, and uninstall or delete the program then. Alternatively, you could restore your computer to a time before you downloaded the program. Either way should rid you of the program, but I'm afraid I have no idea what the DOS pop-up is all about.

SunK

A little help, please...
« Reply #2 on: 24 Dec 2005, 01:16 »

I tried safe mode..doesn't work. How do I "restore computer to a time before I downloaded the program"?

Absolut

A little help, please...
« Reply #3 on: 24 Dec 2005, 03:08 »

I will assume you have Windows XP. If not, I have no idea how to help you.

Restoring your computer means erasing everything back unto a given point. You could restore to, say, yesterday, and everything you did today would be erased from the computer, including files, settings changes, etc.

Save everything you  want to keep that was made or changed in the past... 3 days, to hard disk. This will ensure you don't delete something important.

Hit your start button, and go to all programs> accessories> system tools> system restore

Follow the on-screen prompts, and pick the date (or closest date) BEFORE you downloaded (and more importantly, installed) the program you're having troubles with. You CAN un-do this change if you need to, but this should get rid of your problem.

SunK

A little help, please...
« Reply #4 on: 24 Dec 2005, 03:25 »

Thanks a lot!

Bunnyman

A little help, please...
« Reply #5 on: 24 Dec 2005, 03:26 »

as for the memory issue, the DOS emulator in WinXP is only using conventioal memory (err...simulated conventional memory), not EMS and XMS.  So if you fire up DosBox, which emulates said extended memories, one will find the program at the very least not taking issue with that.  Very handy when running oldass games.

armandog

Re: A little help, please...
« Reply #6 on: 13 Nov 2007, 17:04 »

i need help with my psp.when you turn it on sometimes it turns off by it self,or when i press home it turn off.when i play a game the buttons don't work.helppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #7 on: 13 Nov 2007, 17:14 »

Buy a DS.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

MusicScribbles

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • John Milton was a punk rocker.
« Reply #8 on: 13 Nov 2007, 17:21 »

Buying a DS is a great solution.
A BETTER solution would be to create another thread for your problems, or to go check out a gaming site.
We can help with computer problems most of the time, but DS and PSP problems are a whole different beast because they normally have hardware problems.
I would suggest finding out how to reset the PSP, or to get it set back to factory settings (Sweep it clean.).
Quote from: Tommydski
Listen to SLOAN you CUNTS.
Pages: [1]   Go Up