THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 25 Apr 2024, 05:15
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Californication  (Read 4321 times)

non-navigator

Californication
« on: 25 Aug 2007, 22:49 »

Anyone seen the new Showtime series with David Duchovny?
Among my friends it's been pretty polarizing.
Opinions?

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • I'm a lion, and I'm flyin'.
    • My blog
Re: Californication
« Reply #1 on: 26 Aug 2007, 12:31 »

That show sucks,
 Probably because the show before it is so amazing that it makes other shows on the same network and timeframe blow.

Blow hard that is
"Cause I might be a werewolf...but why would an inquisitor of the pope be in a webcomic forum?"

jimbunny

• I'm Randy! I'm eternal!
  • I'll show you the life of the mind!
« Reply #2 on: 26 Aug 2007, 16:41 »

Oh look, boobs!

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #3 on: 26 Aug 2007, 20:35 »

I thought this thread was going to be about the Red Hot Chili Peppers and just in the wrong forum.

I can't decide if I'm disappointed or not.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #4 on: 27 Aug 2007, 07:54 »

I watched the first episode tonight. It's kind of funny and I like boobs so I'm happy to watch it until I get bored. The 12 year old Myspace Goth daughter irritates me a little and I'm interested to see how they got away with having one of the characters who is supposed to be 16 have her breasts out on TV. I mean the actress is probably over 18 but still, it strikes me as a fairly bold move. But then I don't watch a lot of television.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

ThePQ4

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #5 on: 27 Aug 2007, 16:04 »

I like it. I think on a certain level, you can relate to the main character, as well as be glad that you aren't like him.  Plus, I like the daughter, and the daughter of the guy his ex is marrying.
I hate that I can't remember anyones names.

Ishotdanieljohnston

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #6 on: 03 Sep 2007, 19:32 »

I think it's a smart move on behalf of the network because there finally giving us exactly what we want- there's no bullshit here, just lots of tits and dirty jokes. So yes, i watch it and i enjoy it but i hardly think it's a quality tv show- and i don't really think it's aiming to be one.

pentaen

• Furry furrier
« Reply #7 on: 04 Sep 2007, 07:50 »

Tits and dirty jokes are the well balanced breakfast of a happy comedy diet

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #8 on: 04 Sep 2007, 10:34 »

I appreciate any show that allows David Duchovny to method act.

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #9 on: 29 Sep 2007, 09:15 »

I wasn't quite sure about this show, but I ended up really liking it, simple as that. I like most of the characters, and it's just..easy going, and mostly fun to watch. Definitely part of my downloading schedule.

malfeasance

« Reply #10 on: 14 Oct 2007, 03:59 »

This show cops a lot of sass just because it actually does show boobs on TV. Really that's been pretty heavily overplayed in the news. I find myself really liking this show despite the fact that it doesn't actually make me laugh that often. The whole mood just makes me happy in a non-comedic way. Also the 16 year-old skanky Catholic school girl is the youngest kid in the Nanny which is pretty creepy... and hot.

SeanBateman

« Reply #11 on: 14 Nov 2007, 01:16 »

I love the shit out of this show.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #12 on: 14 Nov 2007, 02:08 »

The first series has just finished here in Australia, and I loved it. Duchovny's always been great at comedy, and hearing him deliver lines like "I love women. I have all their albums" and "I handled the fuck out of that shit" is priceless. What I find interesting about the show is that it's noticeable that most of the nudity and sex scenes were crammed into the first few episodes. It was a pretty blatant attempt to generate interest and/or controversy (because sex is controversial, apparently), but once the show got all of that out of its system it turned out to have a really strong emotional centre, and a really interesting dramatic angle. The opening scene (shopping for tampons) in the last episode was just gorgeous, written and executed to absolute perfection. It was beautiful, actually.

Only downside is the opening credits (but a lot of good shows have lousy credits).

ThePQ4

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #13 on: 14 Nov 2007, 07:55 »

Yeah. I was relieved that the season ended on a good note, and wasn't one of those "ARGH, I HAVE TO WAIT A YEAR TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS?!?!" endings...it was more of a, "Whoa, what went on while we were looking away?!" endings, but it didn't like piss you off.

I loved the girl who played Becca. She made it worth watching every week ;) And now, I only have Dexter to look forward to on Friday nights at my sisters  :cry: oh well.

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #14 on: 14 Nov 2007, 08:36 »

I think the girl playing Becca was/is kind of..robotic. It was weird. I didn't really dislike her as much as I just found her simply odd and/or a bad actress. I'm not sure which one to believe.

Mia/the little girl from The Nanny creeps me out. Maybe exactly because she's the little girl from The Nanny, and watching her "having sex" with David Duchovny was just....not something I wanted to see.

But yeah, I still love the show.

SeanBateman

« Reply #15 on: 14 Nov 2007, 10:44 »

Man Mia has such bomb titties, there is no way for you to be hating. I am pretty sad there are less boobs in the show now, but I am really getting attached to the characters, which is surprising for a show about an asshole, and also David Duchovney is awesome.

Plus this show has such a smoking hot group of female leads. Mia has the bomb tits, Dani is ridiculously hot, also a fake suicide girl, and the ex domestic partner who's name I can't remember is alarmingly beautiful.

I love LA.
Pages: [1]   Go Up