THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 09:53
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Easy Recycled Matieral Crafts  (Read 5880 times)

qiZzer

Easy Recycled Matieral Crafts
« on: 11 Nov 2007, 21:30 »

Hey I need some help, I need some ideas for easy craft projects that use mainly recycled material for a purposed street fair focused sustainability. If my group is selected winner our project will be given funding and the whole school all 6600 of us  will be given the opportunity to do these projects and all yall will be given credit + i post pictures :-D

Bibliophile

• Emoticontraindication
  • <:3)~~
Re: Easy Recycled Matieral Crafts
« Reply #1 on: 11 Nov 2007, 22:46 »

What a neat idea!

Cotton clothing is easily cut up and recycled into quilted projects, just be careful to not use any worn-out patches. I am currently making a skirt and bag out of a sheet, which probably sounds weird, but the sheet is so pretty and in good condition, no-one will know unless I tell them. (Sheets usually aren't good for quilting though, because the usually high thread-count can make them hard to quilt.) Knitted goods that have seen better days can be unraveled and re-knitted into small toys, or items to be felted. These materials can all be found around the home or at second-hand stores.

I hope these are the kind of ideas you are looking for! Good luck!
If television is a babysitter, the internet is a drunk librarian who won't shut up.

analogthought

« Reply #2 on: 11 Nov 2007, 23:35 »

A good place to look for other ideas is Readymade Magazine. It has (or did the last time I read it) a section called ReThink where people submit ideas of how to reuse things that the magazine picks for that issue. One of the items was phonebooks... and the winning design was someone who stacked 4 or 5 on top of each other and hollowed a rounded inside shape and used it as bowl. You get the idea.
One thing I've done in the past is reuse coffee tins to make outdoor lighting for a porch. You can punch holes in the sides of the  tins and make patterns for the light to shine through (after taking the labels off)... and the cool thing is, they look better as they rust.

Good luck.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #3 on: 12 Nov 2007, 14:56 »

Make sculptures out of everyday items and supposed "trash", like empty soda cans, plastic bags, etc. This is fun after doing some dumpster diving and taking broken electronics, furniture, and whatnot.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #4 on: 13 Nov 2007, 16:46 »

bathtubs. old, porcelain bathtubs. they're useless, they're heavy, no one wants them around, but they are great for making stuff.

like moonshine.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #5 on: 13 Nov 2007, 19:01 »

broken electronics

Bonus points if you can make some circuits (LEDs, etc) or something.
Pages: [1]   Go Up