THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 13:33
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: your own personal bands.  (Read 91558 times)

negative creep

• Scrabble hacker
Re: your own personal bands.
« Reply #150 on: 16 Mar 2008, 14:55 »

I added some of you today. So if you've got a request from a band named hypnotoad, that would be me.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #151 on: 16 Mar 2008, 17:09 »

You added my old, defunct one (Japanese Tapdancing Brigade), I noticed that. Futile, but much appreciated.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

negative creep

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #152 on: 17 Mar 2008, 06:33 »

Oh, I didn't realize that. But I also added the Starfighters! I really like the name.

imapiratearg

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Oh thanks. They're not mine.
    • http://www.myspace.com/superpunkdout
« Reply #153 on: 17 Mar 2008, 08:20 »

Creep, I am very skeptical that your name is really Priscilla.  Unless there is someone else in your band named Priscilla.  I can't check right now.  I'm at school, and they've got Myspace blocked.

DMart

• Larger than most fish
  • Most participants desire.
    • Fritzwicky
« Reply #154 on: 17 Mar 2008, 16:41 »

Well, might as well whore the band out here...

I'm in a 5-piece called Fritzwicky (named after Fritz Zwicky). After much deliberation, we've decided we probably fit best into the alt/prog genre.

www.myspace.com/fritzwicky

First gig coming up in April, too. We welcome comments and criticisms.

Oh, hailing from Melbourne btw.
« Last Edit: 18 Mar 2008, 17:27 by DMart »
An operatic soprano raps and sings atonal music, advertising jingles, political slogans, and “elevator” music, and a children's choir sings jingles and holiday songs.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #155 on: 17 Mar 2008, 17:48 »

Man, the solo shit is amazing (The Starfighters) - what'd you think of us?

Thanks! It was one of the ones I added. It must be awesome to play with other people who are actually capable of handling unusual time signatures like 7/4. Is it? I imagine it is, but I have never experienced it myself.

It's a tiny bit awesome, yeah. The drummer in my band is insanely good. I wrote a song that was in four-bar phrases that as far as timing went three of five and then one of seven, and he just absorbed it and did it without any trouble. It was frightening because he didn't even know what I was talking about when I explained it - he just played it.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #156 on: 19 Mar 2008, 05:54 »

Man, you know what's a nice feeling? Waking up, checking your Snocap account, and seeing this:

Your Retailers
Retailer    Downloads
MyStore        3

(pee ess thank you Malorie you are so wonderful and very, very pretty)
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #157 on: 19 Mar 2008, 16:54 »

Damn you, Shane, I wish my computer AND my backup hadn't died, otherwise I would be all over setting up a MySpace music store.

sean

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • welp
« Reply #158 on: 19 Mar 2008, 17:11 »

Shane do you sell cds and shit for Valley Parade?
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

negative creep

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #159 on: 19 Mar 2008, 18:42 »

When I play guitar for hypnotoad, I am Priscilla Pettersson. Soon I will re-unite with my brother Björn Pettersson for our new project, the Pettersson Twins. Stay tuned!
« Last Edit: 20 Mar 2008, 07:27 by negative creep »

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #160 on: 19 Mar 2008, 20:33 »

Shane do you sell cds and shit for Valley Parade?

I suppose I could do CD-R stuff, but right now it's just as purchased downloads. I'm making a few t-shirts up this summer to wear whilst whoring the noise to the scenekiddies at Warped Tour.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Guy Jackson

« Reply #161 on: 20 Mar 2008, 01:54 »

Nice music here.

I'm no longer in a band (damn responisbilities and the attraction of my country's capital!), unless I'm a schizofrenic. still play and write my own songs though www.myspace.com/beechcraftbonanza
my last band (was in about 6 or 7 in as many years) has video's and songs right here:  www.shakenbabysyndrome.nl
yes it's punkrock
and no, the  :mrgreen: has recently been changed to a hairstyle more in touch with my recent style (jay pompadours!)

ThisArmIsDead

« Reply #162 on: 20 Mar 2008, 01:59 »

Shit, I have been in a few metal bands here and there. I was in Immaculate as the drummer, and more recently This Arm Is Gun, a Mega Man tribute Metal Band as the keyboardist.

http://www.myspace.com/immaculate666
http://www.myspace.com/thisarmisgun

MadassAlex

• Bling blang blong blung
  • "Tasteful"?
« Reply #163 on: 20 Mar 2008, 05:02 »

I have nothing to do with this band, but I think they're pretty awesome. Belongs to a Canadian friend of mine.

Mainline

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #164 on: 20 Mar 2008, 07:09 »

beechcraftbonanza

Heh, completely unrelated to the topic, but my dad's good friend bought the 17th one ever made (a V-tail) and restored it. It's the oldest Bonanza in flying condition and it is how I got home from the Reno '03 Air Races.[/braggy shit]

I listened to "I Don't Want Someone New" and holy balls that is a fun song.

Guy Jackson

« Reply #165 on: 22 Mar 2008, 03:39 »

Thank you very much, it's one of my favorite songs I wrote myself :D

PECOAE

• Furry furrier
  • master of his domain ...for now
« Reply #166 on: 22 Mar 2008, 11:01 »

Oh, I didn't realize that. But I also added the Starfighters! I really like the name.

Yeah, you added us too {tinselfish}.

Broken_Drum

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Until The Fuel Runs Dry
    • Overhead Cables Humming Music
« Reply #167 on: 23 Mar 2008, 10:50 »

http://www.myspace.com/overheadcableshummingmusic

My electronic/ breakcore project thing. Just started making stuff under that name so there isn't much plus it's not that good. Any feedback and constructive criticism is welcome.

I'm also a member of two other bands: Ghost Hardware (progressive/ rock/ electronic) and The Awkward Rhythm Of Dance (progressive/ funk/ post rock/ electronic) but currently we don't have any recordings. 
Just Zeros And Ones

PECOAE

• Furry furrier
« Reply #168 on: 29 Mar 2008, 13:34 »

yeah, sorry to revive this, but we have some sort of shingle up (hee hee) !

http://www.myspace.com/tinselfish

"Six Million Dollars".

Chad K.

• FIGHT YOU
    • The Riveras
« Reply #169 on: 01 Apr 2008, 23:03 »

For Phoenicians and such- my band, Thankful Birds, has a show this Friday, April 4 at Club Mardi Gras located at 8040 East McDowell.   It's 21+, sorry youngins.  There are some great bands on the bill with us.  Even if you're not in the area, I think some of you guys may really dig 'em.  Check it out-

9:00 Black & Blue Revue (http://www.myspace.com/blackandbluerevue)- They call themselves "punkgrass," and it's appropriate.  Good music, good people.
10:30 Pscycho Square Dance (http://www.myspace.com/psychosquaredance)- Self described as a mishmash of whitetrash homegrown.
11:45 Thankful Birds (http://www.myspace.com/thankfulbirds) - If you haven't checked us out yet, please do.  Jazzy, rocky, bluesy, indie stuff.

DMart

• Larger than most fish
    • Fritzwicky
« Reply #170 on: 02 Apr 2008, 05:32 »

Here's a video some guy did for some project using some song of ours (Fritzwicky - Antimatter (Doesn't Matter)):

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KvNkQhoB0ZI
« Last Edit: 02 Apr 2008, 05:34 by DMart »
An operatic soprano raps and sings atonal music, advertising jingles, political slogans, and “elevator” music, and a children's choir sings jingles and holiday songs.

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
    • WXBC Bard College Radio Online
« Reply #171 on: 02 Apr 2008, 09:59 »

OK, so this isn't my band but it's the band of a good friend. They're seriously good and they're literally just finished their very first recorded work. It's "post-rock" with strings, upright bass, lotsa piano and cool vocals. Give them a listen and lemme know what you think. They really want feedback. Thanks!
http://www.myspace.com/komakinomusic
I punched all the girls in the face on the way to the booth to vote for Hitler.

Hollow Press (my blog)

Siert

« Reply #172 on: 09 Apr 2008, 07:40 »

Heh, personal bands? Sounds fun.

I used to be a member of a punk band called "Kitty Ninja versus The Space Pirates" which was a comedy style band, focusing on the adventures of our mascot kitty.

I also played vocalist for a garage death metal band called "Sekhmet" but we only formed it to get revenge on some kids who wouldn't stop playing lamb of god (Specifically 4 hours at a time playing "Laid to Rest" constantly...) at my old youth club.

Currently I invested in some music creation software on my PC, I got it back in late January and I've been doodling about since. If anyone wishes I could email you a few of my tracks. I focus mainly on horror ambience, just something in the background to kind of, mildly freak you out, its aimed to be on while your playing horror games or such.

The link to one of my songs is in my signature, feedbacks always nice I like to think I can take criticism well.

Edit: Also if you like my work and wouldn't mind your own personal piece, get in touch I don't mind creating music for peoples own tastes.
« Last Edit: 09 Apr 2008, 07:48 by Siert »
For every comic you read, A kitten giggles!

Solo-project ; http://www.myspace.com/Truesolitation (Taking commisions, think about it your own personal song!)

Help me create a city! : http://hamildonia.myminicity.com/

absurdabsurd

« Reply #173 on: 09 Apr 2008, 10:13 »

If any of you kids are up for potential airplay, I run a weekly show on CUR1350 (Cambridge & Anglia Ruskin University radio + recently named # 1 student radio station in the UK ... which probably means little when compared to a lot of US college stations but oh well) called CUR1350 Breakthrough that is aimed at showcasing upcoming bands that are either unsigned or signed to small labels.

Drop me a line at chiara [at] cur1350 [dot] co [dot] uk with a myspace link or link to music files and "QC forum" somewhere in the subject line and I'll let you know if you make the cut.

Genre-wise I'm free to play pretty much whatever. Only restriction is no swearing if at all possible (it's 9-11 PM so some things I can get away with, but essentially I'd rather be safe than sorry because ofcom trouble is very much undesired). As an added incentive I also have magical playlist powers as head of music, so if I REALLY like you you might even get playlisted - this does, however, include a criteria of audience-friendliness.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #174 on: 09 Apr 2008, 10:21 »

You'd even play drone/noise?

october1983

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • It is a foreign country!
« Reply #175 on: 09 Apr 2008, 11:45 »

Shane is taking on the UK, one student radio station at a time.
Quote from: Jens in Meebo
"MY SON JUST WANTED TO COME LIKE A THUNDERSTORM"
"AND YOU ROBBED HIM OF HIS LIFE"

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #176 on: 09 Apr 2008, 11:49 »

Today Engand, TOMORROW THE WOOOOOORLD.

Siert

« Reply #177 on: 09 Apr 2008, 11:56 »

Today Engand, TOMORROW THE WOOOOOORLD.

Try and take Scotland and i'll show you whats under a real mans kilt!!!

Edit: Teh drones remind me of Pyramidhead... and Silent Hill FM...

You use a lot of distortion which almsot deafened me (Damn my speakers sneaking up to loud!)
« Last Edit: 09 Apr 2008, 12:00 by Siert »
For every comic you read, A kitten giggles!

Solo-project ; http://www.myspace.com/Truesolitation (Taking commisions, think about it your own personal song!)

Help me create a city! : http://hamildonia.myminicity.com/

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #178 on: 09 Apr 2008, 12:19 »

The funny thing is that because of my recording methods (*cough*MacBook internal mic)..I actually have to dirty everything up in GarageBand to make it sound like it does coming out of the amp.

PECOAE

• Furry furrier
« Reply #179 on: 09 Apr 2008, 13:20 »

If any of you kids are up for potential airplay, I run a weekly show on CUR1350 (Cambridge & Anglia Ruskin University radio + recently named # 1 student radio station in the UK ... which probably means little when compared to a lot of US college stations but oh well) called CUR1350 Breakthrough that is aimed at showcasing upcoming bands that are either unsigned or signed to small labels.

Drop me a line at chiara [at] cur1350 [dot] co [dot] uk with a myspace link or link to music files and "QC forum" somewhere in the subject line and I'll let you know if you make the cut.

Genre-wise I'm free to play pretty much whatever. Only restriction is no swearing if at all possible (it's 9-11 PM so some things I can get away with, but essentially I'd rather be safe than sorry because ofcom trouble is very much undesired). As an added incentive I also have magical playlist powers as head of music, so if I REALLY like you you might even get playlisted - this does, however, include a criteria of audience-friendliness.

http://www.myspace.com/tinselfish. I'll email you.

The Ocean is pretty audience-friendly, yo.

How'd you get into college radio DJ-ing?

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #180 on: 10 Apr 2008, 03:15 »

I've emailed you. None of the guitar stuff has any swearing, and I'm pretty sure the Reznor remix just says "whore" a few times. Doesn't count to me.

canadien_ride

« Reply #181 on: 10 Apr 2008, 19:36 »

i havent read through this thread, i just came to post that whoever posted that Hoecakes - likeIsuck in the mediafire thread is awesome
sweet beats for a party!

Broken_Drum

« Reply #182 on: 12 Apr 2008, 06:06 »

An email is sent. My stuff's not that great but if you could give it a listen that would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Just Zeros And Ones

aceramicbunny

« Reply #183 on: 13 Apr 2008, 22:34 »

500 hats.
if you are a dr seuss fanatic you may remember a man by the name of bartholomew cubbins? (YES ITS SPELLED LIKE THAT)
listen to a song called "down there they say"

maybe like our duo maybe?

voidSkipper

« Reply #184 on: 14 Apr 2008, 02:48 »

It's not really a band. Or music, I guess, but whatever. People hate instrumental/post rock/anything that isn't metal, rap or emo in Adelaide, so here's me playing three instruments at once. My feet don't do what they're told, so no drums for you.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/voidSkipper/

darthdavid

« Reply #185 on: 14 Apr 2008, 09:24 »

http://www.last.fm/music/Polar+Mongooses/?autostart=1a

Warning: This music is terrible and contains a lot of swearing. We are working on getting better but haven't gotten together in a while so none of the skill we've been gaining recently is in evidence on the other end of that link. You have been warned.

aceramicbunny

« Reply #186 on: 14 Apr 2008, 10:35 »

holy crap im dumb and it was late and here is the myspace link
http://www.myspace.com/theband500hats

Broken_Drum

« Reply #187 on: 14 Apr 2008, 10:49 »

It's not really a band. Or music, I guess, but whatever. People hate instrumental/post rock/anything that isn't metal, rap or emo in Adelaide, so here's me playing three instruments at once. My feet don't do what they're told, so no drums for you.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/voidSkipper/
Nice stuff, you're on UG too. Here's my profile, got a few songs on there http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Broken_Drum/
Just Zeros And Ones

Chad K.

• FIGHT YOU
    • The Riveras
« Reply #188 on: 19 Apr 2008, 12:33 »

For those of you in Phoenix- my band is playing an early acoustic show at the Loft featuring Sister Cities (http://www.mysapce.com/sistercities), Thankful Birds (http://www.myspace.com/thankfulbirds) and Kyle of the Caterwauls (http://www.myspace.com/thecaterwauls)! Doors at 5:30, show starts at 6:00. Hope to see some of ya there!

diablo_man

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #189 on: 19 Apr 2008, 12:44 »

well, not really in a band yet, though i do have a bunch of songs made up, guitar part wise.
heres some videos http://www.youtube.com/user/diabloman

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
« Reply #190 on: 20 Apr 2008, 05:27 »

I have two new tracks from my upcoming album on my myspace! 'Killing Streets' and 'Sunwheels in the Strand'.

http://www.myspace.com/haloofflies
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #191 on: 24 Apr 2008, 20:50 »

More videos. In fact, a channel full. The sound quality is abhorrent, so might I suggest queuing up your iTunes to play a song of identical length that you really enjoy over top of the muted video?
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

diablo_man

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #192 on: 24 Apr 2008, 21:26 »

^ a channel full? four videos? anyways, i subscribed to them. that bowed bass is sweet. god i realize what you mean about the quality though.
good stuff

and to continue whoring out my material, here is my youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/diabloman
the sound quality is actually really good on my recordings, the actual material... you can decide for yourself.
« Last Edit: 24 Apr 2008, 21:47 by diablo_man »

imapiratearg

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Oh thanks. They're not mine.
    • http://www.myspace.com/superpunkdout
« Reply #193 on: 24 Apr 2008, 21:31 »

Hey, Johnny.  You know what would make me a happy camper?  If These Estates played somewhere in Vermont.

Although, it's probably a bastard of a drive here.

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #194 on: 26 Apr 2008, 00:52 »

Incidentally we are planning a miniature Prairies tour in August with these fine folks, who I am also bumping a thread to talk about. Keep your eyes peeled, especially if you live in Alberta or Manitoba.

GUYS FROM THE STATES I PROMISE WE WILL PLAY A SHOW FOR YOU SOMEDAY I PROMISE OKAY
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Jooooosh

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #195 on: 26 May 2008, 14:34 »

heres 3 songs i recorded using audacity, a shitty pair of headphones, and some scotch tape. im not mediafire savvy, so its 3 different files, nor am i audacity savvy, so they are all WAV format.

http://www.mediafire.com/?1bmhzvdddtf

http://www.mediafire.com/?xqp8g9mmjxv

http://www.mediafire.com/?yybbzylnomx
fast-food for thought

DMart

• Larger than most fish
    • Fritzwicky
« Reply #196 on: 26 May 2008, 16:12 »

Here is a vid of my band being.... uh.... well, dickheads to be honest, at our last band practice. Video was from a cameraphone, audio from my Zoom H4 thingy. We normally play better, we were just mucking around a LOT.
(no, really!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywauqtQ--2I

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #197 on: 26 May 2008, 16:39 »

The band that I used to be in has released an album! I'm on it playing horn. You can listen to a few tracks here.
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

Seal

« Reply #198 on: 26 May 2008, 16:50 »

Here is a vid of my band being.... uh.... well, dickheads to be honest, at our last band practice. Video was from a cameraphone, audio from my Zoom H4 thingy. We normally play better, we were just mucking around a LOT.
(no, really!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywauqtQ--2I

i just watched that from beginning to end. twas quite something, sir.

an EP of sorts here if anyone wants it.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J358LZQW

carrotosaurus

• The German Chancellory building
  • Anarchy in black.
    • ct indie
« Reply #199 on: 27 May 2008, 12:18 »

My band broke up this weekend.

We were slated to open for Elf Power in Northampton in a few weeks.

What the fuck guys, seriously.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up