THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 23 Apr 2024, 13:55
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Equus Coming to NYC  (Read 2906 times)

ThePQ4

• Asleep in the boner patch
Equus Coming to NYC
« on: 06 Nov 2007, 06:49 »

Please tell me, I am not the only person that is totally excited about this?
And -no-, I am not excited about Daniel Radcliff takin' it all off (though I am excited that the London cast is coming over!).
I seriously love this play, it was awesome.

Here's an article: http://news.aol.com/entertainment/story/ar/_a/harry-potter-star-will-strip-on-broadway/20071105175109990001

I can't find the dates though...I only know that it is apparently sometime this spring. Argh.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
Re: Equus Coming to NYC
« Reply #1 on: 06 Nov 2007, 08:24 »

I've heard that it will be opening next September from a couple of articles and also MuggleCast, so I would imagine that's about right.

I think it would be great to go see it, but going to NYC for a play is kinda ridiculous.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

ThePQ4

« Reply #2 on: 06 Nov 2007, 08:37 »

Not when the play is highly unlikely to be done, and done WELL anywhere near where you actually live...Plus, it's only like an 18 hr. drive away (or I could, you know, fly).

I'll have to check out MuggleNet. I didn't think about the potter sites.

leave for no raisin

« Reply #3 on: 06 Nov 2007, 08:41 »

I'm kind of curious about it because I want to see if Daniel Radcliffe is actually good in it.  In my opinion, he sucks HARD at acting.

ampersandwitch

• The Tickler
  • cuntstruck
« Reply #4 on: 07 Nov 2007, 19:39 »

I thought Equus was a pretty famous play.

MusicScribbles

• John Milton was a punk rocker.
« Reply #5 on: 11 Nov 2007, 11:40 »

It is in its own way, like a cult hit I guess, especially in America. America isn't as well-versed on the world of plays as it is with musicals, and this figures largely into how productions will come about. Equus is also quite explicit and not very, err, general audience friendly, so profit would be strictly up for a mature audience. Its a shame that such a large country doesn't care as much for where its own genre popped from, being musicals.

Also, I'm excited for this. I just think Daniel Radcliffe is a horrible actor, but acting is a very different thing on stage than on camera.
Quote from: Tommydski
Listen to SLOAN you CUNTS.

KTkat

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #6 on: 11 Nov 2007, 14:04 »

PQ! Come to New York and visit me and we'll see Equus! (As long as it's not in summer and I'm in WI that is.)
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
~Oscar Wilde

ThePQ4

« Reply #7 on: 11 Nov 2007, 21:00 »

Uuuummm...I am not overly sure who you, are but if you're seriously willing to let a couple of girls crash at your place for free, that'd be awesome ;)

So far, I've got three friends saying that they'd like to make the trip with me, but they aren't going to know until closer to the date. The pansies.
I have an alert set for like three websites to tell me the MOMENT tickets go on sale, AND I have been staying up-to-date on flight costs, and all of that jazz.
This trip will be 100% awesome!

Anyway, I am really wishing that I could read Equus again, but sadly I have loaned it to a friend, and cannot...gah! I have been tiding myself over with clips on YouTube though. There wa a production at the University (I think?) in California that did it last summer (or something like that). OMFG, it awesome to watch.
(Sorry I am babbling...I probably need to get some sleep, argh).

KTkat

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #8 on: 12 Nov 2007, 16:10 »

Well, I'm a girl, and dorms were pretty much meant for squishing in as many people as possible, right? (I'm at NYU...) I think it'd be fun :)
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
~Oscar Wilde

ThePQ4

« Reply #9 on: 12 Nov 2007, 16:56 »

Hahaha. Sounds awesome. Are the NYU dorms teeny-tiny or are they actually a decent size??

monkandmovies13

« Reply #10 on: 18 Nov 2007, 15:42 »

I'm prbably going to see with my friend and her mom.

Awkward much...
Pages: [1]   Go Up