THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Apr 2024, 07:06
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: QC - The Movie  (Read 31691 times)

Dizzious

• Not quite a lurker
Re: QC - The Movie
« Reply #50 on: 12 Aug 2008, 19:45 »

Dude, I think that is AWESOME IN CAPIT AL LETTERS and I would watch that. In the theatre that I pay for. With a date (if I could get one). i wouldn't ev en pirate it. i would BUY THE BLUE RAY WITH MONEY. You have no idea. I totally would.

PS thanks, now I'm going to fantasize about a QC movie; and every day that they don't produce it; I'm going to be disappointed.

Jenocide

« Reply #51 on: 12 Aug 2008, 21:53 »

Dude it looks so... POSSIBLE!!! *o*

I do like Keira Knightly as Dora. But the accent would definitely have to be american to the T and I can't see her sounding like Dora should sound. She looks like a good Dora but I'm not sure she could sound it.

Van Wilder as Steve? I could see it...

Jack Black could neeeever play Pintsize! His voice is just too deep for such a little robot! I mean, it'd sound so weird o_0

I would cast maybe... hmmm... I can't think of any innocent looking actors for Marten, but I think the one in the poster isn't innocent/sweet looking enough. >_<

Hanners' character doesn't look crazy enough... needs to be someone else... like Kate Winslet maybe... xD

spoon_of_grimbo

• Bling blang blong blung
  • http://signalstonoise.tumblr.com
« Reply #52 on: 19 Oct 2008, 15:19 »

i have trouble casting some of hte main characters, but others seemed to come fairly easily...

hanners - sarah chalke
penny - olivia wilde (http://www.hollywood-celebrity-pictures.com/Celebrities/Olivia-Wilde/Olivia-Wilde-16.JPG if you don't believe me)
raven - mary elizabeth winstead (emo'd up a bit)
tai - rosario dawson (with short red hair, obv.)
steve - jeff anderson (randall from clerks - yeah, probably too old, but dude still LOOKS sufficiently young enough)
winslow - bill bailey (listen when he plays Manny in Black Books, to his kinda high-and-worried-voice he does at times.  that's how i imagine winslow to speak.  and winslow sounds like an english name, so there'd be no need for accent-changing!)

with jack black (putting on a mexican accent) in a cameo as the tequila monster!

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #53 on: 19 Oct 2008, 22:23 »

man

Immersion

« Reply #54 on: 20 Oct 2008, 00:15 »

I don't think I know enough actors' names to even try to cast this, but after seeing Izzard live I'ma have to heartily agree with whoever suggested him for Pintsize. Now that I think of it, he could work equally well for Winslow, at least for the voice and demeanor I have for him in my head.

satsugaikaze

• Vagina Manifesto
  • I LOVE BELL PEPPERS.
« Reply #55 on: 20 Oct 2008, 03:01 »

Jude Law for Winslow.

Jude Law for Winslow.

Unfortunately such a concept would never kick off as a movie; although it would fit the guideline for a TV dramaseries quite well.

Nomicakes

« Reply #56 on: 20 Oct 2008, 07:51 »

Necro'd?

tragic_pizza

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Board Certified Curmudgeon
« Reply #57 on: 21 Oct 2008, 17:15 »

I wonder if Anna Pacquin is too old to play Hanners? She has a nice frail quality about her that should fit...
[21:19] andy: Mai, I am sorry, I am going to say this outright that I would doeverything in my power to try and have sweet girl love with you.

Siibillam-Law

• Ha Ha Fucking Ha
    • Siibillam's Storywrite
« Reply #58 on: 23 Oct 2008, 15:10 »

woo-hoo. As we speak, I am currently working on my totally amatuer and never-to-be-released to anyone QC Screenplay, just for laughs cos I have nothing better to do outside my animation course except eat copious amounts of yoghurt!

Edit: I've just realised how impossible this will be to end, whenever I get around to that.

:laugh: :roll: :? 8-)
Smilie abuse! Argh
« Last Edit: 24 Oct 2008, 02:37 by Siibillam-Law »
There is no sin except stupidity

Siibillam-Law

• Ha Ha Fucking Ha
    • Siibillam's Storywrite
« Reply #59 on: 26 Oct 2008, 10:48 »

By the way, anyone know where QC is set?
Just a query...

harddisk

« Reply #60 on: 26 Oct 2008, 11:04 »

spoon_of_grimbo

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #61 on: 26 Oct 2008, 14:36 »

penny - olivia wilde (http://www.hollywood-celebrity-pictures.com/Celebrities/Olivia-Wilde/Olivia-Wilde-16.JPG if you don't believe me)

dude, she's h4wt...

the|m.

damn right man.  i can't even remember how/where i stumbled across that pic, but despite the fact that i don't really know who she is, i think she'd be perfect as penny.  just imagine her in penny's clothes and glasses.

and Siibillam-Law, i think it's set in massachusetts.

Touch Me Im Sick

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Street walkin' cheetah with a heart full of napalm
« Reply #62 on: 26 Oct 2008, 14:38 »

Yeah, she be haaaawt.

Anyways, I don't think I'd wanna see a live-action QC film. I'd rather see it animated.

Siibillam-Law

• Ha Ha Fucking Ha
    • Siibillam's Storywrite
« Reply #63 on: 26 Oct 2008, 15:04 »

Massachusetts, eh. Awesome, I know as much about that place than I do any other state (is it a state? who knows) in the US. Lol I'm quite happy with my premis for this screenplay

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #64 on: 26 Oct 2008, 18:45 »

More specifically it looks like a small, liberal college town in western mass.

Siibillam-Law

• Ha Ha Fucking Ha
    • Siibillam's Storywrite
« Reply #65 on: 28 Oct 2008, 12:21 »

Hmm, all things considered, a QC movie might be too reminiscent of the 2006 film Caffeine, which someone gave this review:

A witless examination of relationships and day jobs, Cosgrove's would-be comedy finds little humor in issues of infidelity, heartbreak (and bodily functions), resulting in a film that's hopelessly amateurish and creatively destitute

Oh what joy. Let's hope Cosgrove doesn't start reading this and go "whoa, I can so make a Caffeine 2"

Rusty

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #66 on: 01 Nov 2008, 11:14 »

hm....

am i the only one whos always imagined pintsize sounding like GIR from invader zim?

Mad Cat

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Master of my domain, but not of my range.
« Reply #67 on: 01 Nov 2008, 15:17 »

If they can make a movie out of Scott Pilgrim, they could make a movie out of Questionable Content, but of course, with that title, they'd have to raunch it up a bit more than Jeph might like for distribution purposes.

As for the suggestion of Anna Paquin for Hanners... After seeing her get her row plowed by a creature of the night that just rose up out of the cold, wet earth, I've gotta veto that idea.

As for the location, since Smif is an analogue of Smith and Smith is in Northampton, MA, then the setting for QC is an analogue for Northampton. QED
« Last Edit: 01 Nov 2008, 20:29 by Mad Cat »
The Quakers were masters of siege warfare.

damnitsteve

« Reply #68 on: 01 Nov 2008, 15:43 »

More specifically it looks like a small, liberal college town in western mass.

That makes me slightly less resentful to be living in a small, liberal college town in Western Mass.

Siibillam-Law

• Ha Ha Fucking Ha
    • Siibillam's Storywrite
« Reply #69 on: 01 Nov 2008, 21:32 »

hm....

am i the only one whos always imagined pintsize sounding like GIR from invader zim?

Sorta... I can see it. Somehow I think Nancy Cartwright could do a good job with Pintsize

damnitsteve

« Reply #70 on: 01 Nov 2008, 22:29 »

I feel like Pintsize would sound a little less deranged than Gir. He would definitely have a much higher pitch than Jack Black though.

Can't say for sure who I think would make a good Pintsize because I've always had trouble coming up with a voice for him in my head. Maybe Jake Gyllenhaal? Donnie Darko, not Brokeback Mountain.

Ravenbomb

« Reply #71 on: 01 Nov 2008, 23:27 »

Couldn't find good pictures of most of them, but:
Marten: Scott Mechlowicz
Dora: Zooey Deschanel
Raven: Carla Gallo
Faye: Amy Acker
Steve: Shawn Hatosy
Jimbo: Diedrich Bader
Marten's Mom: Jessica Harper

MarkTBSc

• Curry sauce
  • The pheasant has no agenda
« Reply #72 on: 02 Nov 2008, 05:08 »

I didn't get it at first, but thinking about Zooey, I think she'd make an excellent Dora. You just have to imagine her with a Trinity haircut. Amy Acker, however, I fear is too delicate for Faye... She might be OK for Penny though.

Upon sober reflection, I wonder if they could get Dita Von Teese to play Marten's mother?
Unique Quarks - For when Antimatter just isn't destructive enough.

Sayrah go RAWRR

« Reply #73 on: 02 Nov 2008, 10:07 »

I'd like a QC movie as much as the rest of us, but you all know it wouldn't happen. At least not for a long time. And we'd get all anal about plot differences, and even the tiniest thing. You know we would.

But just to clarify, QC is set in more than likely Northampton in MA. Jeph has put them in a few local stores that I recognize so I'm pretty sure that's accurate.
I live around there, so I'll just stalker-film people who look like the characters without their permission and we can all just dub over their voices. Perfect!  :-D

damnitsteve

« Reply #74 on: 02 Nov 2008, 11:56 »

I'm pretty sure that Jeph has mentioned QCville, MA is not a real place in the news posts. Probably inspired by Northampton though, as well as other places.

Touch Me Im Sick

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Street walkin' cheetah with a heart full of napalm
« Reply #75 on: 02 Nov 2008, 15:59 »

He took some places from Northampton (as mentioned in some of the text on the side [forget what you call it]), but changed it around

Melt Down

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #76 on: 04 Nov 2008, 00:07 »

I gotta say, whilst Sylar would be a good Marten, I think Milo Ventimiglia might be a good Marten.
And whilst we're on the heroes topic, Sendhil Ramamurthy would do a great Amir.
Tasmin Greig does look a lot like early Dora though and Bill Baily would be a good Winslow. Whilst we're at it, just put Dylan Moran in as a cameo so we can get them all in the movie.

ChippyD

• Plantmonster
« Reply #77 on: 08 Nov 2008, 00:35 »

I can say one thing for sure.

Hanner's Mum should totaly be played by Lauren Lane IE: C.C Babcock of The Nanny series (1993-1999)
http://img5.allocine.fr/acmedia/medias/nmedia/18/35/92/39/18437399.jpg Not only does she look like her, but she plays the mean-hard type on that show as well.

JReynolds

• Larger than most fish
  • We thought you was a toad!
« Reply #78 on: 08 Nov 2008, 20:42 »

I live around there, so I'll just stalker-film people who look like the characters without their permission and we can all just dub over their voices. Perfect!  :-D

Heh. Reminds me of the line from the movie Bowfinger: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0131325/
[on filming someone without their permission]
Robert K. Bowfinger: Did you know that Tom Cruise didn't know he was in that vampire movie until three months later?

Also: ChippyD, you are right. Lauren Lane looks exactly the way I think HannerMom looks.
When folly and lies are sown broadcast, one necessarily reaps insanity.  --Zola

xCaitlinx

« Reply #79 on: 08 Nov 2008, 23:44 »

Actually, Dylan Moran would be a hilarious Pintsize or possibly Jimbo. Although Jimbo probably needs a far more American accent.

ElFlamingo

« Reply #80 on: 13 Nov 2008, 01:36 »

Pintsize would HAVE to be the entire cast of family guy! That way we could get his fifty different voices from Cuban Dictator Pintsize to British Gentlemen Pintsize!

Also Seth Green needs to be in it.   As a lead. NOW!

Toba

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Earl of Flamthrowe
    • cons.truct
« Reply #81 on: 30 Nov 2008, 14:32 »

Quote from: ars technica
By this time three months from now, the US TV broadcasters will have left behind the comforting world of analog signals that brought countless hours of questionable content to many homes.

I just think the opening sentence of this article is pretty amusing.
boldly going nowhere
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up