THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 14:42
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Mafia Round Two  (Read 43078 times)

Lines

• Awakened
Re: Mafia Round Two
« Reply #250 on: 05 Jan 2008, 20:50 »

I is Grammar IS NOT MAFIA. Stop wasting your time. But since that's five people, I'm giving a preemptive NOT GUILTY. Why? Because Jimmy says so and Jimmy is the man.
« Last Edit: 05 Jan 2008, 20:53 by Linds »
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #251 on: 07 Jan 2008, 14:41 »

Yep, I is Grammar is indeed on trial for murdere moste foule. And she already has verdicts? Incredible.

Not Guilty: 1
Guilty: : 0
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #252 on: 07 Jan 2008, 15:31 »

gah, c'mon people, read the thread before you vote and pick whomever's not on the list before you do anything, because there's a bigger chance that they'll be mafia. Carry on.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

StMonkey

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • *Comment of negligible importance*
« Reply #253 on: 08 Jan 2008, 11:56 »

I wanted to abstain, but given the lack of still living people and how slow some are to post, I guess I'll need to rethink my hasty accusations.

Not Guilty
Carpe Gluteum
The bottom line is, if anyone is going to start playing pranks by stuffing large quantities of food in their mouths, be wary.

I is Grammar

• Furry furrier
  • Advocatus diaboli
« Reply #254 on: 08 Jan 2008, 12:21 »

Wait-what?  What have I done to ever let anyone think that I am a mafia member?  I am an upstanding citizen and I like having neighbors, not having them all dead!

Please, vote not Guilty...
I've got a small sticky-out scar like a third nipple just under my right manboob from where I was bitten by another kid in Year 3.

KTkat

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #255 on: 08 Jan 2008, 14:02 »

Heh, I forgot about that list...oops.

Sorry I is Grammar!

Not Guilty.
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
~Oscar Wilde

thegreatbuddha

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #256 on: 08 Jan 2008, 14:17 »

I forgot about the list as well. Sorry I Is Grammar

Not Guilty
I want to be able to tell my kids about the days when the internet was an uncontrolled haven for outlaws such as myself.
Kind of like the old west but with keyboards and nobody is having sex.

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #257 on: 08 Jan 2008, 15:35 »

I am still fairly uncertain about Linds' claims of being the sherrif, so I can't so much about the list at large.

But, not really having anything against I is Grammar, I will have to vote Not Guilty as well

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #258 on: 08 Jan 2008, 16:50 »

Wow, that was the fastest round ever.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #259 on: 08 Jan 2008, 16:58 »

Hell yes it was. But it works out because I'm still stuck on ideas for humane executions. At any rate I believe the Night has fallen and it is time for all you pathetically doomed townspeople to lay your doomed heads upon your not so doomed pillows and go to sleep.

Roles, give me your decisions!
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #260 on: 11 Jan 2008, 04:56 »

It would seem that the town was becoming more merciful as it became more and more apparent that their numbers were dwindling, no one had been executed for weeks and yet the murders continued. For a few days it was quiet until one of the town's garbagemen found a trashcan filled with the partially dissolved remains of a human body. Eventually the DNA testing revealed that the murder victim was one of the most vocal anti-Mafia voices in the once peaceful town. Someone, were their claims true, who had conceivably done more to rid the town of organised crime than the ridiculous and farcical trials that more often than not resulted in the premature and violent deaths of innocent townsfolk. Someone who may yet have been able to save the floundering town.

It was Linds.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #261 on: 11 Jan 2008, 06:11 »

Well then. I knew this was coming, but oh well. Good luck guys.

Oh, and maybe you should have listened to me and stuff.

Oh, and stella is innocent, too.

supersheep

• Scrabble hacker
  • you'll have to speak up, i'm a fish and lack ears
« Reply #262 on: 11 Jan 2008, 06:40 »

A careful review of the evidence leads me to accuse:

thegreatbuddha
DJ Weight Problem: if you think semantics isn't that important maybe you should just can dig four banana nine jenkins razor blade dinosaur

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #263 on: 11 Jan 2008, 11:18 »

*charred and crsipy ghost of Phil* Whoa, how's it goin' Linds? Wonder if its comfortable in that garbage can.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

Paav

« Reply #264 on: 11 Jan 2008, 12:11 »

I hope Linds gets a nice state funeral.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #265 on: 11 Jan 2008, 13:18 »

That garbage can smelled funny, but it might have been because I was all gooey in it. Ew.

And fuck funerals, man. I'm going to be cremated, and I want part of my remains to be rubbed in the eyes of the other mafia members for being jerk faces. Take that! The rest of me can be buried under a nice tree in town square.

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #266 on: 11 Jan 2008, 13:50 »

I want a big ass funeral, with the statue of an Angel in scrubs and facemask holding a syringe.

thegreatbuddha

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #267 on: 11 Jan 2008, 14:06 »

I wanted to abstain, but given the lack of still living people and how slow some are to post, I guess I'll need to rethink my hasty accusations.

Not Guilty

StMonkey wanted to abstain so he could have another innocent townsperson die without getting his hands dirty.
I want to be able to tell my kids about the days when the internet was an uncontrolled haven for outlaws such as myself.
Kind of like the old west but with keyboards and nobody is having sex.

StMonkey

« Reply #268 on: 11 Jan 2008, 19:48 »

Well, I was gonna say that thegreatbuddha is too conspicuous a target for him to be mafia, but he accused me and so I will devolve this to Twilight Zone level of sanity. Thegreatbuddha
Carpe Gluteum
The bottom line is, if anyone is going to start playing pranks by stuffing large quantities of food in their mouths, be wary.

supersheep

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #269 on: 11 Jan 2008, 21:58 »

That garbage can smelled funny, but it might have been because I was all gooey in it. Ew.

And fuck funerals, man. I'm going to be cremated, and I want part of my remains to be rubbed in the eyes of the other mafia members for being jerk faces. Take that! The rest of me can be buried under a nice tree in town square.

WHAT
DJ Weight Problem: if you think semantics isn't that important maybe you should just can dig four banana nine jenkins razor blade dinosaur

StMonkey

« Reply #270 on: 11 Jan 2008, 22:11 »

Well, that can't be good.
Carpe Gluteum

McTaggart

• Positive feedback.
« Reply #271 on: 11 Jan 2008, 22:47 »

She could be talking about the ones that aren't dead
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #272 on: 11 Jan 2008, 22:53 »

I really think she's referring to the ones other than those she killed. She was murdered by the mob, she wasn't trying to mislead anyone unless she was the Town Idiot, which I doubt.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #273 on: 12 Jan 2008, 18:46 »

I was talking about the bastard/s I haven't caught yet. Tricksie moffia...its.

I was sheriff. I was not an idiot. This is obvious by my record of shooting to kill.

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #274 on: 12 Jan 2008, 21:43 »

Well, he's never actually admitted either of us are who we are if you didn't notice, he just claimed the sheriff knew when to shoot and kill and that a guy claiming he was Medic got blown up. I imagine he will reveal all at the end of the game though, when and if it ever happens. Besides, me knowing who I am has done a fat lot of good hasn't it?

StMonkey

« Reply #275 on: 19 Jan 2008, 19:23 »

So, how bout that Mafia thread, eh?
Carpe Gluteum

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #276 on: 19 Jan 2008, 19:30 »

Man, I know. I would like to see how it ends up!
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #277 on: 19 Jan 2008, 20:07 »

Well the votes are as follows:

StMonkey: 1
Thegreatbuddha: 2 3

I really would like to see this round through to the end so if someone could make some fucking votes that would be great.
« Last Edit: 21 Jan 2008, 22:29 by JimmytheSquid »

KTkat

« Reply #278 on: 21 Jan 2008, 08:04 »

I have been in Italy for a week and can think of no valid reason to accuse either of them...but...thegreatbuddha. Hopefully things will move quicker.
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
~Oscar Wilde

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #279 on: 25 Jan 2008, 23:28 »

I guess we have made a decision by not making a decision, well besides those that have

KEEP THIS THREAD GOING, THERE ARE SO FEW OF US LEFT!!

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #280 on: 25 Jan 2008, 23:44 »

Seeing as no one is voting I'm just putting this out there: If no one has voted by Saturday February 2nd I'm just ending the round.

supersheep

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #281 on: 26 Jan 2008, 05:36 »

Come on guys, let's to be having votes!

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #282 on: 31 Jan 2008, 21:09 »

Since no one will speak up and I want to see this through to the end to find out who this mafia bastards are, I will have to vote guilty against Thegreatbuddha

supersheep

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #283 on: 01 Feb 2008, 09:20 »

Actually, there are only nine of us left. Maybe it is time for us to drop the number of votes necessary?

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #284 on: 01 Feb 2008, 09:34 »

Hang 'em! Hang 'em all!!!

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #285 on: 01 Feb 2008, 18:29 »

Yep, thegreatbuddha now has a majority guilty vote so that means he gets killed.

It basically took the town forever to come to a decision but after all the deliberations, the petty arguments and the rampant absenteeism, a verdict was reached. thegreatbuddha was sentenced to death by crushing. As Big Fucking Rock™ after Big Fucking Rock™ was laid upon his chest, thegreatbuddha remained, somewhat fittingly, quite tranquil. Neither denying nor decrying the murder he allowed the massive stones to be placed upon his chest as the town watched on. After some time sickening cracking sounds were heard from around thegreabuddha's midsection and an empty glazed look came into his eyes. The townspeople stoically watched on as more and more rocks were placed on and around the corpse. Eventually a sign was hammered into the ground before the makeshift tomb.

Here lies thegreatbuddha
a murdering scumbad to the end.
The world will not mourn his passing.

Roles PM me some decisions! Everyone else, get to bed!
« Last Edit: 01 Feb 2008, 18:30 by JimmytheSquid »

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #286 on: 11 Feb 2008, 22:47 »

so...um....have the roles PMed you yet?

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #287 on: 11 Feb 2008, 22:51 »

its dead let it die its dead let it die its dead let it die its dead....

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #288 on: 12 Feb 2008, 02:04 »

No it isn't. I just got a new job and have been distracted of late, I sincerly apologise to the people still playing the game and will try to wrap this up before uni starts.

The remaining townspeople had stopped leaving their homes. Garbage begun to pile up on the streets, stray dogs roamed around growling at each other to pass the time. Occasionally a bird would chirp only to have the other animals look at it sternly as if to say "Is that really appropriate right now?"
The day was bright. The sun shone glaringly out of the blue sky (as opposed to the green sky? Whatever.) and reflected even more glaringly off of the fresh snow that had fallen the night before.
Supersheep's boots made the crunching noise that boots make when the person wearing them walks across hard packed snow, which was odd since the snow wasn't hard packed at all but rather loose, almost fluffy. He knew he might not be particularly safe, what with all the murders but the streets seemed so quiet lately and he thought he would go mad if he stayed indoors any longer. Just down to the square. Supersheep kept thinking. Just down to grab something from the store and I'll be home in five minutes.
The trip was largely uneventful and Supersheep returned to his home in safety. Once he closed the door behind him he breathed a sigh of relief. A strong hand clamped down on his mouth, an arm snaked around his body holding his arms tight to his sides and a familiar voice whispered in his ear.
"Tell me, friend. Did you ever dance with the Devil in the pale moonlight?"
The fuck? That's from Batman!
Supersheep struggled as he felt his hands being bound with electrical tape. Suddenly he was on the floor, face up and squirming. His legs bound now as well, a strip of tape over his mouth. Panic overtook him and he struggled wildly and struggled even more when he saw the tip of a knife move towards his left eye, ever so slowly. With ease and grace Supersheep's attacker inserted the blade into the bottom of Supersheep's eye socket. The blade was so sharp it almost didn't hurt, until it did. The attacker moved gently, almost lovingly as Supersheep's eyes were removed. He screamed a muffled scream as he felt himself being hauled to his feet. He heard the click of a lock and his face felt warm until a cold wind slapped him in his already throbbing face, cooling the warm blood running down his cheeks. In one swift motion the attacker cut through Supersheeps bonds. Supersheep didn't know what to think, was he being released?  Was this some sort of sick message? He felt a sharp, deadly pain in his stomach and he fell to his knees onto the warm wet pavement... Warm? Supersheep began to feel very lightheaded as he reached down, recoiling slightly as his fingers brushed against something slippery and tube-ish. He knew now. He knew he was going to die, even as he scrabbled, grappling with the long, fleshy pipes trying to fit them back in to his gut. It didn't even hurt any more and he let out an aguished scream that was more of a frightened gurgle.

Start voting.

supersheep

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #289 on: 14 Feb 2008, 09:32 »

Ironically, I set my eye on fire this week in meatlife.

McTaggart

• Positive feedback.
« Reply #290 on: 14 Feb 2008, 18:24 »

I gotta know, how is that done?
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

KTkat

« Reply #291 on: 14 Feb 2008, 18:28 »

Oh my...yeah, I think we need to hear this story.

And...uh...there are six of us left. Somehow, I think the mafia's going to win again :(
~Oscar Wilde

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #292 on: 15 Feb 2008, 00:42 »

We should hear that story but why aren't people voting? You lazy bastards. If there are no votes by monday I'm finishing this up.

supersheep

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #293 on: 15 Feb 2008, 13:00 »

I was strikin a match, and attempting to do so in a stylish manner - lots of force and flourish. A bit of the match-head broke off and flew up into my eye. OUCH.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #294 on: 15 Feb 2008, 13:13 »

Jimmy...you know you just want to end it. Rocks fall, everyone dies. It's just so easy. I mean, they doomed themselves to this by allowing the removal of Phil and myself.

Come on. Say it with me. Rocks fall, everyone dies. Yaaaaaaaaaaay!

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #295 on: 18 Feb 2008, 06:52 »

Ok we're done here. It's pretty obvious no one wants to play but I wanted to see this one through because you guys actually came close to something notable.

Unfortunately Linds, Everytown, USA is not in a particularly mountainous region so a rock fall is pretty unlikely. However, the sudden appearence of a very angry band of centaurs left the town in a pretty sorry state. Everybody was killed by either arrows of trampling or both. Usually both. The upshot of the whole thing is that centaurs were finally found to be actual living creatures which were then hunted to extinction by the Greeks. I don't anybody saw that coming.

Anyway here is the cast.
If there is another game I guess I'll watch.

1. Axerton - Killed by Sherrif - MAFIA

2. Ampersandwitch - Poisoned by Mafia, it was a pretty rough scene. - TOWNSPERSON

3. october1983 - Strung up by Mafia - TOWNSPERSON

4. Misconception - Throat-shot by town's Sherrif - MAFIA

5. Ballard - Executed; did a barrel roll. - TOWNSPERSON

6. thegreatbuddha - Executed; Fucking Crucible'd man! - MAFIA

7. Linds - Killed by Mafia; murdered in an unexplained fashion, dissolved in acid and left in a trash can. - SHERRIF

8. StMonkey - TOWNSPERSON

9. KTkat - TOWNSPERSON

10. Gemmwah - Killed by Mafia; Cthulu F'tagened in the town square. - TOWNSPERSON

11. Supersheep - Dennis Nedry'd by Mafia - TOWNSPERSON

12. stella - TOWNSPERSON

13. I is Grammar - TOWNSPERSON

14. Blue Kitty - MAFIA

15. Dark Flame - Shot by the Sherriff
                         But was not shot by the Deputy... - MAFIA

16. McTaggart - killed by Mafia; chopped up and made into several fine meals. - TOWNSPERSON

17. LordNagash - Executed by townspeople; Film-referenced to death. - VILLAGE IDIOT

18. Boro Bandito - killed by Mafia; His house asplode! - MEDIC

19. IronOxide - TOWNSPERSON

20. RallyMonkey - Executed by townsfolk; Death by shark. TOWNSPERSON

You were going so well too.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #296 on: 18 Feb 2008, 09:12 »

So if the sheriff figured out someone in the Mafia, they automatically ended up dead? Because had we done that last round the townspeople would have owned since I guessed all but one of the Mafia. Pffft.
Liz is touching me.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #297 on: 18 Feb 2008, 09:33 »

If that isn't how the sheriff works, then what is the point of the sheriff?

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #298 on: 18 Feb 2008, 09:45 »

Every time I've played in real life the sheriff can find out who's in the Mafia with a good guess, but then they have to convince the townspeople to vote with them.
Liz is touching me.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #299 on: 18 Feb 2008, 10:10 »

Jimmy changed the rules up a little and kind of combined Mafia and Werewolves.

But I TOLD YOU. I TOLD YOU GUYS. BWAHAHAAHA.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up