THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 14:07
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mutemath?  (Read 2640 times)

MysticKing

Mutemath?
« on: 26 Nov 2007, 20:26 »

Formerly known as Earthsuit, they're an experimental band now. They've only got two CD's out right now, but they're fun to watch in concert, especially Darren King. The man loves his drums.  :-)

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
Re: Mutemath?
« Reply #1 on: 26 Nov 2007, 20:31 »

Pretty rad. I didn't know they had two CDs out, though. I remember the latest one got pushed back to this year cause of label issues.

"Experimental" is a pretty strong word. They're a pop band as far as I can tell.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

MysticKing

« Reply #2 on: 26 Nov 2007, 20:55 »

Yeah, they have two CD's: their first was released in 2004, Reset EP the latest is self titled Mute Math and was released in 2006, September both times. The next CD is supposed to be released September of next year.

I dunno, after seeing them in concert, they seem pretty experimental to me. I suppose they could be a little pop, but seeing Paul Meany crowd-surf with that Keytar was pretty inspiring.   :lol:

And hell, they did the Transformers theme. Which actually has a pseudo techno sound to me...  :?
« Last Edit: 26 Nov 2007, 20:57 by MysticKing »

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #3 on: 26 Nov 2007, 21:15 »

They've got their little ambient dalliances and the electro of the Transformers theme but they've also got stuff like "Typical," which is as straight-ahead as they come. Still, good stuff.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there
« Reply #4 on: 26 Nov 2007, 23:10 »

Ooooooooooh, that Typical video is so cool.
And then you go to one of their concerts and see that they actually do some of that stuff
For example
dumplings are the answer because the foreskin boys

MysticKing

« Reply #5 on: 27 Nov 2007, 09:43 »

It's always fun to know that very little special effects are used by bands in their videos. The first time watching Typical was just me laughing at the rewind-effect, but that was the only effect that was really used in that video at all (if I'm not mistaken) other than the coolness with his lips still moving in time with the song while IN rewind.

Paul Meany =                     :lol:
Darren king =                     :laugh:
Greg Hill =                         8-)
Roy Mithchell-Càrdenas =    :-D

UberDrivel

« Reply #6 on: 02 Dec 2007, 12:19 »

I saw them at CMJ (honestly, I was there for Eisley, but some venue issues meant I only caught "Invasion").  The energy was great; they're definitely one of the most dynamic bands onstage (the singer did some handstands and flips, as noted above).  But the singing just doesn't do it for me.

Everyone should check out Eisley, though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1zeQF07EK4
Pages: [1]   Go Up