THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 11:24
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Most Hated Commercials  (Read 52111 times)

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
Re: Most Hated Commercials
« Reply #50 on: 18 Dec 2007, 13:43 »

No fair, I already called the gorilla.

Re-emphasis is always a good thing. Especially when said gorilla is drumming along to a Phil Collins song.

Most commercials are okay with me, as long as I don't see them over and over and over again. And as long as they aren't British. Britain has terrible commercials.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

TwinkyToes

« Reply #51 on: 18 Dec 2007, 13:56 »

probably the worst one i've seen is a mcdonalds one where the guy brings home a friend who starts rapping in spanish and his friend is like, wtf is this?! he goes, you said you wanted a spicy RAP...and of course they were talking about the Chicken wrap with spanish spices or something. (everyone sounded really stereotypically mexican in this commercial)

Wayfaring Stranger

• Larger than most fish
  • Bamboo
    • Foxing Quires
« Reply #52 on: 18 Dec 2007, 19:38 »

Yeah, McDonald's tries to look real diverse and accepting, but they typically just end up propagating stereotypes. 
http://www.foxingquires.com

A webcomic about books, music, romance, culture, and more.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #53 on: 18 Dec 2007, 21:43 »

Ditech.com: Their tagline is "People are smart." I think that says it all.

Those air freshener commercials with the CGI animals. Because one of them involved an elephant married to a centipede.

THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR SO MANY REASONS.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

StMonkey

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • *Comment of negligible importance*
« Reply #54 on: 18 Dec 2007, 21:54 »

Totally possible! after all, the elephant was the female. If it were the other way around, there might be some....logistical problems.
Carpe Gluteum
The bottom line is, if anyone is going to start playing pranks by stuffing large quantities of food in their mouths, be wary.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #55 on: 18 Dec 2007, 21:56 »

Yeah, no. I already figured that the sex basically involves him crawling up in her and skittering about to get her off...and then vomited until I cried.

COMMERCIALS SHOULDN'T MAKE ME THINK ABOUT THAT.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Katherine

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #56 on: 19 Dec 2007, 06:45 »

For some reason, I hate those commercials for the nasal allergy spray with the CGI bee, voiced by Antonio Banderas.  Something about the idea of a bee with a stuffy nose creeps me the fuck out.

SonofZ3

« Reply #57 on: 19 Dec 2007, 10:37 »

I hate most holiday commercials, except the holiday hawk, I find that amuisng. What really bothers me is the message of christmas commercials. I know theres one out for one of the car companies where the husband suprises his wife with a new car. He tricks her into coming outside by saying he can't pick their son up from materialism practice so she gets all pissy, hangs up the phone, and emerges from the house and *SUPRISE* a new car! Then she loves him again. As far as I can tell, this commercial is telling me that if I ever get married to expect my wife to be shitty with me until I buy her a car. It would be a lot simpler if netwrosk just played a commercial that says "Single and poor? YOU FAIL AT CHRISTMAS!"
I've gained nothing from Zen.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #58 on: 20 Dec 2007, 08:28 »

The one redeeming quality of that commercial: the kid was decked out in what looked like a vintage Minnesota North Stars uniform.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

CloudyObsession

« Reply #59 on: 20 Dec 2007, 19:38 »

I hate commercials for local business with terrible acting and awful jingles.  They drive me up the walls.  There's significantly less of them with Dish Network though.

I like the Holiday Hawk.

Kal

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #60 on: 27 Dec 2007, 19:35 »

Sleep Country USA.  Their jingle is disgustingly catchy.

And that internet-provider commercial with the grossly saccharine redhead female.  I hate her acting so much I don't even remember the name of what she was advertising. x)
« Last Edit: 27 Dec 2007, 19:43 by Kal »

FUBAR

« Reply #61 on: 01 Jan 2008, 23:20 »

KFC trying to portray their food as a good, healthy, family dinner

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #62 on: 01 Jan 2008, 23:24 »

Everest College commercials.  They make me feel lazy even though I am going to school full time, and yet some how it always feels like the guy is talking right to me.  Hell, they don't even offer anything I would ever want to take.

captain zoe

« Reply #63 on: 02 Jan 2008, 09:02 »

Also, ambulance-chaser commercials. Here in Colorado I grew up being inundated with Franklin D. Azar commercials. Then this old "Bulldog" guy comes along and starts airing all these ads, and all of a sudden Franklin D. Azar becomes "Frank The Strongarm Azar". It was sad, irritating and funny all at the same time.

Fuck Frank Azar, he's such a douche.  He got arrested a few years back for running from the police after a DUI, or something like that.  And those Chubby commercials are disgusting.  I usually see them on during football games, and it makes me go, "what?"  Ugh. 

I find a lot of Beer commercials really amusing though.  Anyone remember this one?  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9fY3rpF2bU

Ying-Yang-Yong

« Reply #64 on: 03 Feb 2008, 06:48 »

The most ANNOYING advertisement ever made by anyone ever has to be the Cillet Bang ad with Barry Scott. I mean, the kind of ad that will make you want to put your foot through the fucking tv. I swear to god.

ImRonBurgundy?

• Bling blang blong blung
  • "That's all," he added.
« Reply #65 on: 04 Feb 2008, 02:25 »

Those salesgenie.com commercials during the Superbowl were so goddamn racist.
You just came back to shit in my heart, didn't you Ryan?

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #66 on: 04 Feb 2008, 05:24 »

Yeah...I felt odd when those played. Seriously, what the hell, dudes? It's the Super Bowl, not the "hah, Asian people" Bowl.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #67 on: 04 Feb 2008, 05:33 »

The most ANNOYING advertisement ever made by anyone ever has to be the Cillet Bang ad with Barry Scott. I mean, the kind of ad that will make you want to put your foot through the fucking tv. I swear to god.

HI! I'M SHOUTING OBNOXIOUSLY AT YOU!

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #68 on: 04 Feb 2008, 05:42 »

Oh christ Billy Mays.

HI BILLY MAYS HERE FOR *RANDOM CLEANING SUPPLIES*

*pounds head off wall*

thedavo

• Plantmonster
« Reply #69 on: 04 Feb 2008, 16:21 »

Sheila's Wheels

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
  • You're talking shit. Explain yourself.
    • I say things sometimes.
« Reply #70 on: 04 Feb 2008, 18:38 »

Those salesgenie.com commercials during the Superbowl were so goddamn racist.

a news story I found on comcast.net told me they were actually going for "worst superbowl commercial" for the second year running.
i shotgunned a beer, made my facebook pic an american flag, and have been yelling "AMURIKA" all evening.

ImRonBurgundy?

• Bling blang blong blung
  • "That's all," he added.
« Reply #71 on: 05 Feb 2008, 07:16 »

If that's true, next year their commercial will be a minstrel show.
You just came back to shit in my heart, didn't you Ryan?

Dissy

• The only asshole in the internets
« Reply #72 on: 05 Feb 2008, 11:27 »

I have a new hated commercial.

That Super Bowl Will Ferrell Bud Light Commercial.  How can anyone find him funny?  He just isn't.
Quote from: Tommy on Gabbly
i'm not paying for your boob jon
Quote from: Darryl
I fuck at typos
Quote from: Squiddy
but you haven't sig quoted me yet kevin
Quote from: Darryl on meebo
9 inches is pathetic by today's standard

cynnabyte

« Reply #73 on: 06 Feb 2008, 10:00 »

The one that is still stuck in my head is the old Massengil. With the little girl asking her mommy,  "Mom, do you ever get that,not so fresh feeling?"   Then her mom looks at her and smiles. I sometimes wonder how much it takes to pay someone to come on to national tv, and talk about how much they smell downstairs! 

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
« Reply #74 on: 06 Feb 2008, 21:23 »

I have a new hated commercial.

That Super Bowl Will Ferrell Bud Light Commercial.  How can anyone find him funny?  He just isn't.

dude that commercial was classic.

how did you not laugh at that?
i shotgunned a beer, made my facebook pic an american flag, and have been yelling "AMURIKA" all evening.

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #75 on: 07 Feb 2008, 05:46 »

Sheila's Wheels

They annoy me because they're sexist.

Scruffy

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • The Janitor
« Reply #76 on: 07 Feb 2008, 06:37 »

I hate most holiday commercials, except the holiday hawk, I find that amuisng. What really bothers me is the message of christmas commercials. I know theres one out for one of the car companies where the husband suprises his wife with a new car. He tricks her into coming outside by saying he can't pick their son up from materialism practice so she gets all pissy, hangs up the phone, and emerges from the house and *SUPRISE* a new car! Then she loves him again. As far as I can tell, this commercial is telling me that if I ever get married to expect my wife to be shitty with me until I buy her a car. It would be a lot simpler if netwrosk just played a commercial that says "Single and poor? YOU FAIL AT CHRISTMAS!"

First thing I thought was that he was an asshole who never keeps his commitments and she's so lazy that she can't lift a finger to help her husband.  It seemed like they had deap marital problems not easily solved by a new car. 

Crappy commericals should not be making think about the relationship of two strangers, who seem like wasps.

Trillian

• Furry furrier
« Reply #77 on: 08 Feb 2008, 16:15 »

I really hate that Dentyne Ice commercial that plays Stuttering by Ben's Brother, only because that stupid song gets stuck in my head for about a year and a half.

"so kiss me again, 'cause only you can stop the st-st-st-st-stuttering..."

aaaahhh
Quote from: zerodrone
When we form our cuddlecore band, can we be like The Kills and get as close to having sex onstage as legally possible?

Last.fm

Wasteroo

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • RMB RMB RMB RMB
    • my music
« Reply #78 on: 08 Feb 2008, 16:53 »

The A & W one with the guy mispronouncing his employer's name (Mr. Dumas) with HILARIOUS RESULTS!

It's an old one, but it surprises and appalls me how many people like it
I have a huge hillbilly boner for banjos

DonInKansas

• FIGHT YOU
  • Grammar Nazi
« Reply #79 on: 16 Feb 2008, 22:23 »

No fair, I already called the gorilla.

Re-emphasis is always a good thing. Especially when said gorilla is drumming along to a Phil Collins song.

I am very confused by this.  AM I the only one that thought Cadbury only made those toxic-waste filled chocolate easter eggs?
I mean, it would still suck, but at least it would suck creatively.

muteKi

« Reply #80 on: 16 Feb 2008, 23:55 »

Coolest add ever: http://youtube.com/watch?v=MgNsFFbFfeM

That was done in a single take? Very impressive.
Also, like most Geico commercials, but they can get overplayed.
Also, yeah, Starbursts and Skittles and such have really cool commercials.

Also, Billy Mays may get overly formulaic, but most of the products work pretty well.

Also, that old A&W commercial was AWESOME. I remember seeing it during a commercial break of Dilbert. It fit so well.

That said I did not see the Super Bowl minus the last couple of minutes and thus did not see any commercials.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #81 on: 17 Feb 2008, 17:08 »

I am very confused by this.  AM I the only one that thought Cadbury only made those toxic-waste filled chocolate easter eggs?

Cadbury is like Hershey's in Australia and England.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

BootsyMarie

« Reply #82 on: 17 Feb 2008, 20:41 »

HEADON APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD
HEADON APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD
HEADON APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD!

I wanna make people bleed when I hear that...='[

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
« Reply #83 on: 17 Feb 2008, 23:30 »

fight you, sir.

monkandmovies13

« Reply #84 on: 18 Feb 2008, 13:39 »

EIGHT SEVEN SEVEN THREE NINE THREE

FOUR, FOUR, FOUR,

EIGHT!!!

Thy Dungeonman

« Reply #85 on: 18 Feb 2008, 22:06 »

Damn, and I just got that number out of my head.

skijunkie1124

« Reply #86 on: 24 Feb 2008, 16:31 »

So if you live in the Bay Area, and listen to LIVE 105 or Channel 1049, as I do, you'll know what I'm talking about. It's this car dealership commercial with this girl always talking about how this certain dealership is her "one true love". I don't know, her voice and the whole concept of the commercia pisses me off.

idiolect

« Reply #87 on: 25 Feb 2008, 10:38 »

Those terrible Victoria's Secret "Santa Baby" commercials made me want to kill.  Christ.  By the way, anyone from the gulf coast remember those awesomely bad commercials in the late 80s/early 90s for a furniture store where if you had bad credit, you could "SEE THE SPECIAL MAN!!!" in New Orleans?  I looked around on youtube for it but all I could find were more recent ones, with a different, less mumbling and decrepit "special man." 

Also, that RIP THINGS IN HAAAAALF commercial was hilarious  :laugh:

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #88 on: 27 Feb 2008, 05:29 »

"I think there's a monster in the closet. But don't worry, daddy. The antioxidants will protect me."

Yeah, FUCK YOU THEY WILL LITTLE GIRL.

LadyFirelyght

• Plantmonster
  • I fart in your general direction.
« Reply #89 on: 27 Feb 2008, 06:24 »

Basically every iPod commercial. However, I LOVE the commercial for Apple's new super-thin laptop. The song is sexy. But then again, that's not really what we're talking about now.
I'm suspicious of any food that makes its own packaging. There could be spiders inside!

jill the ripper

« Reply #90 on: 27 Feb 2008, 07:24 »

In the most recent Alltel commercials (as of writing this.) they have a new sprint guy. He used to be the tubby one. Now he has a fro and acne.

"I think there's a monster in the closet. But don't worry, daddy. The antioxidants will protect me."

Yeah, FUCK YOU THEY WILL LITTLE GIRL.
I LOVE THAT COMMERCIAL.
Obviously, you don't know the realism in that.
Little kids to that shit. It's awesome.

I fucking hate J. G. Wentworth Commercials. They're cheap and uncreative. At least Headon had a gimmick, even if it was an annoying one.
But J. G. Wentworth's "It's my money and I need it now," shit pisses me off. All I can see is wannabe actors at the casting call, repeating the same damn line over and over and over again. I hate actors. >[

singeivoire

« Reply #91 on: 27 Feb 2008, 08:37 »

I have an overwhelming hatred for all commercials created for Nutrasystem: Nourish.

Gramatically incorrect testimonials from twig-thin bimbos and aging jocks who only seem concerned with restoring their libido through mail order diet foods.

"I went from a size 8 to a size 4!" Yes, because size 8 means you're a friggin heifer. (sarcasm, sarcasm, drip, drip)

I will sit on you and squash you with my gorgeous, curvy arse.

jill the ripper

« Reply #92 on: 27 Feb 2008, 09:03 »

EIGHT SEVEN SEVEN THREE NINE THREE

FOUR, FOUR, FOUR,

EIGHT!!!

See, when I hear that, I just think "EIGHT SEVEN SIX FIVE THREE OH- NI- I- I- I- INNNNENEE"
...I don't think I was even born then, which says something.
I have an overwhelming hatred for all commercials created for Nutrasystem: Nourish.

The only real thing those programs do, is control your portions. :/
And charge insane amounts of money for it.
And people buy them.
Jesus H. Christ. I hate those to. Those are going on my list.

AND. Commercial I lovveeee: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lH-5UP3I8k
« Last Edit: 27 Feb 2008, 09:14 by jill the ripper »

Muskrat121

« Reply #93 on: 27 Feb 2008, 10:51 »

Unless anyone else here is from Cleveland, OH you won't know this one.

But late at night you can see comericals for Norton Furniture.  When you're tired or drunk or both they can be quite terrifying.

A sample: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4jubP3t27IQ

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=j2z1YroJTRE&feature=related

idiolect

« Reply #94 on: 27 Feb 2008, 13:45 »

I will sit on you and squash you with my gorgeous, curvy arse.

Hahaha!  Word to that.  Some of those commercials have people who look *fine* in the before pictures.  If my first thought upon seeing you is "Holy crap, I could break you," it's probably not a good thing.

"EIGHT SEVEN SIX SIX SEVEN FIVE THREE OH- NI- I- I- I- INNNNENEE"

Fixed that for you.

jill the ripper

« Reply #95 on: 27 Feb 2008, 15:16 »

Is that what it is?

-hums-
yes.
I knew that. I feel silly.

improbability driver

« Reply #96 on: 27 Feb 2008, 18:39 »

See, when I hear that, I just think "EIGHT SEVEN SIX FIVE THREE OH- NI- I- I- I- INNNNENEE"
...I don't think I was even born then, which says something.

I myself thought of EIGHT-HUNDRED FIVE EIGHT EIGHT, TWO THREE-HUNDRED, EMPIRE....TODAY!

I swear if I hear one more thing about in-home appointments I'm going to go set fire to the nearest Raymour and Flanigan (its only equal in awful, awful home furnishing commercials). The quality is so cheesy and amateurish that I naturally assumed it was some local crap, but apparently it's a commercial hated 'round the nation.

Don't even get me started on the Kidz Bop CDs.

Thy Dungeonman

« Reply #97 on: 27 Feb 2008, 18:53 »

FIVE-FIVE-FIVE-FIVE, FIVE-FIVE, FIVE-EIGHT-FIVE, FIVE-FIVE-FIVE FIVE, SENOR MORT-GAGE...TODAY!

Faker

• Furry furrier
« Reply #98 on: 27 Feb 2008, 19:25 »

If you are talking about the Australian version of Cadbury’s creame eggs, then that is a pretty accurate description of them. However if you are talking about the Irish/U.K. version, then damn you, just straight up damn you to hell.

Cadbury’s chocolate is completely different out here (Australia) than it is at home (Ireland), it doesn’t have as much milk in it, so is reduced in its creamy goodness, and they made other changes too so that it doesn’t melt as easily in the warmer climate, the end result being some of the nicest chocolate you can buy being turned into something not worthy of the name “chocolate”.

The creame eggs are even worse again! Not only is the chocolate different but the sugary goodness of the centre has been destroyed. It’s almost as if they decided “Llets make the filling look as much like a real egg as we can, and who cares if the result tastes like a sailors underpants after 6 months at sea without a change of underwear.”
You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese.

rayechu

« Reply #99 on: 28 Feb 2008, 05:32 »

Unless anyone else here is from Cleveland, OH you won't know this one.

I am from around Cleveland. I know and hate those commercials! I was leaving CSU one day with a friend when we made a wrong turn and saw the sign of the building, and I literally screamed, because I wasn't expecting to look up and see Norton furniture guy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up