THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 12:28
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why do I always find bands right after they broke up?  (Read 23245 times)

WeThreeVoices

Re: Why do I always find bands right after they broke up?
« Reply #50 on: 15 Dec 2007, 16:03 »

as has been said:
the unicorns - i found them, found out they broke up. haven't really recovered yet (and its almost a year later!)

IronOxide

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #51 on: 15 Dec 2007, 16:33 »

I discovered Avenue D about a month ago, but they're going to release something in their death throes, so it should be alright.
Quote from: Wikipedia on Elephant Polo
No matches have been played since February 2007, however, when an elephant, protesting a bad call by the referee, went on a rampage during a game, injuring two players and destroying the Spanish team's minibus

2HourHiatus

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Select pistol, and then select your horse.
    • The Two Hour Hiatus
« Reply #52 on: 17 Dec 2007, 08:04 »

The break up of DFA 1979 was a damn shame. And I know that GY!BE hasn't broken up per say, but an indefinite hiatus is never cool.
Lady, step inside my Hyundai...

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #53 on: 17 Dec 2007, 15:53 »

I actually have come to like A Silver Mount Zion more than Godspeed You! Black Emperor, so it's not that bad.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

Joseph

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #54 on: 17 Dec 2007, 16:05 »

I'm about even on them.  But A Silver Mt. Zion were half of the best show I have ever seen (other half was Patti Smith), so I am pretty happy that they emerged from GY!BE.

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #55 on: 17 Dec 2007, 16:28 »

Wait, are you alluding to the idea of ASMZ and Patti Smith playing together at the same show... and that you saw it?

I hate you so much
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

Joseph

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #56 on: 18 Dec 2007, 10:20 »

Wait, are you alluding to the idea of ASMZ and Patti Smith playing together at the same show time.

They were onstage together the whole show.  $5.  Two hour set.  I have a bootleg I found online, I'll have to check the sound quality, but either way, I think I'm going to throw it up in the Sendspace thread.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up