THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 24 Apr 2024, 17:25
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stolen Gear  (Read 6852 times)

Chad K.

• FIGHT YOU
    • The Riveras
Stolen Gear
« on: 27 Dec 2007, 09:23 »

So, on the 23rd I had my bass amp stolen from my car.  Uncool.  Anybody have a similar experience? 

valley_parade

• coprophage
Re: Stolen Gear
« Reply #1 on: 27 Dec 2007, 09:25 »

Rumor has it stolen gear was partially to blame for the eventual downfall of Mclusky.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2 on: 27 Dec 2007, 09:27 »

Yeah, I've had bad experiences with stolen equipment. The tone on this bass amp is shit.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

Chad K.

• FIGHT YOU
    • The Riveras
« Reply #3 on: 27 Dec 2007, 09:46 »

Yeah, I've had bad experiences with stolen equipment. The tone on this bass amp is shit.

:laugh:  That's hilarious.  Actually, it was a Behringer 2x10 combo that I upgraded the speakers on and took to a shop to have properly braced.  Believe it or not- I got a LOT of compliments on the tone and soundguys really liked the direct out.  At the last show we played a bassplayer on an Ampeg SVT said he liked my tone better, and was thinking about switching to avoid lugging an 8x10 cab.  (I had one of those 8x10 Ampegs once- not worth the backache).  I've already replaced it with a Kutom groove bass 210c 2x10 combo.  600 watts from a really deep backed cabinet - it's the thunder of the gods.  Amazing features, too.  All in all, its a lot cooler than the Behringer, but I still wasn't crazy about the thievery.  Ah well.. live and learn.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #4 on: 27 Dec 2007, 10:10 »

I dunno, a friend of mine runs a Sunn 300T through an Ampeg 8x10 and it sounds as good as any bass amp set-up I've ever heard. That Kustom Groove looks pretty sweet though. I've actually been thinking of getting a Behringer 2x10 at some point to go with my Peavey 1x15 which is very nice but something to give it a little more capability with the high end couldn't hurt. Behringer make much better amps than people give them credit for, I dearly love my BX4500H head.
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

MadassAlex

• Bling blang blong blung
  • "Tasteful"?
« Reply #5 on: 27 Dec 2007, 10:35 »

I <3 you Khar.

Chad K.

• FIGHT YOU
    • The Riveras
« Reply #6 on: 27 Dec 2007, 10:53 »

I dunno, a friend of mine runs a Sunn 300T through an Ampeg 8x10 and it sounds as good as any bass amp set-up I've ever heard.

They sound great but they are HEAVY.  Getting them up stairs, into cars, onto stages, etc. is one helluva task.

I've actually been thinking of getting a Behringer 2x10 at some point to go with my Peavey 1x15 which is very nice but something to give it a little more capability with the high end couldn't hurt. Behringer make much better amps than people give them credit for, I dearly love my BX4500H head.

Their heads are fantastic, especially for the money.  But, If you're just getting a cab- my advice is don't.  Those Bugera aluminum cone drivers suck something fierce.  The aluminum WILL tear away from the rest of the speak and you will just end up replacing them.  My combo was also severely improperly braced, which lead to all sorts of additional weird noises.  If you want the added attack of aluminum speakers, you might want to go Hartke.  If you just want a good cheap 2x10, try Avatar or SWR.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
« Reply #7 on: 27 Dec 2007, 17:50 »

:laugh:  That's hilarious.  Actually, it was a Behringer 2x10 combo that I upgraded the speakers on and took to a shop to have properly braced.  Believe it or not- I got a LOT of compliments on the tone and soundguys really liked the direct out.  At the last show we played a bassplayer on an Ampeg SVT said he liked my tone better, and was thinking about switching to avoid lugging an 8x10 cab.  (I had one of those 8x10 Ampegs once- not worth the backache).  I've already replaced it with a Kutom groove bass 210c 2x10 combo.  600 watts from a really deep backed cabinet - it's the thunder of the gods.  Amazing features, too.  All in all, its a lot cooler than the Behringer, but I still wasn't crazy about the thievery.  Ah well.. live and learn.

Guess what? I don't care.
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

Chad K.

• FIGHT YOU
    • The Riveras
« Reply #8 on: 27 Dec 2007, 22:00 »

Guess what? I don't care.

Oh, sweetie... calm down.  It's the internet.  You can pretend to be a great big boy all you want.  Pace yourself a little, punkin'.

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #9 on: 27 Dec 2007, 22:20 »

Khar, how would you feel if someone stole your prized gas mask and Christian-impaling ceremonial knife? You'd feel pretty upset, I'd wager!
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Beastmouth

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #10 on: 28 Dec 2007, 00:31 »

That totally sucks, man. 

I count myself lucky to have only lost gear to me being stupid instead of others being crooked. 
Quote from: Lao_Tse
The song that can be sung is not the great Song.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #11 on: 28 Dec 2007, 04:29 »

I dunno, a friend of mine runs a Sunn 300T through an Ampeg 8x10 and it sounds as good as any bass amp set-up I've ever heard.

They sound great but they are HEAVY.  Getting them up stairs, into cars, onto stages, etc. is one helluva task.

I've actually been thinking of getting a Behringer 2x10 at some point to go with my Peavey 1x15 which is very nice but something to give it a little more capability with the high end couldn't hurt. Behringer make much better amps than people give them credit for, I dearly love my BX4500H head.

Their heads are fantastic, especially for the money.  But, If you're just getting a cab- my advice is don't.  Those Bugera aluminum cone drivers suck something fierce.  The aluminum WILL tear away from the rest of the speak and you will just end up replacing them.  My combo was also severely improperly braced, which lead to all sorts of additional weird noises.  If you want the added attack of aluminum speakers, you might want to go Hartke.  If you just want a good cheap 2x10, try Avatar or SWR.

Oh, I'm painfully aware of the perils of lugging those 8x10s about. Still, I reckon they're worth it. Thanks for the heads up on those cabs, I think I'll probably investigate the SWRs a little more. I know a few people who've used their stuff and been very impressed.
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

supersheep

• Scrabble hacker
  • you'll have to speak up, i'm a fish and lack ears
« Reply #12 on: 28 Dec 2007, 05:07 »

Khar, how would you feel if someone stole your prized gas mask and Christian-impaling ceremonial knife? You'd feel pretty upset, I'd wager!

You're assuming he only has one Christian-impaling ceremonial knife. True believers always come equipped with a spare.
DJ Weight Problem: if you think semantics isn't that important maybe you should just can dig four banana nine jenkins razor blade dinosaur

hellion

« Reply #13 on: 28 Dec 2007, 08:31 »

I had an old school EH Big Muff Pi stolen once.
I'm still pissed about it.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
« Reply #14 on: 28 Dec 2007, 08:45 »

You're assuming he only has one Christian-impaling ceremonial knife. True believers always come equipped with a spare.

Impaling is so 1996. It's all breaking on the wheel and upside-down crucifixions and impregnating women with demon babies that burst out of their wombs and eat them nowadays. Occasionally I miss the simpler times.

Chad K.

• FIGHT YOU
    • The Riveras
« Reply #15 on: 28 Dec 2007, 08:49 »

Oh, I'm painfully aware of the perils of lugging those 8x10s about. Still, I reckon they're worth it. Thanks for the heads up on those cabs, I think I'll probably investigate the SWRs a little more. I know a few people who've used their stuff and been very impressed.

No question, the 8x10 ampeg stack is a beautiful thing to hear.  I like the SWR 2x10s because they're very portable, but great sounding in the mid and upper ranges.  I think you'd really like them with your 1x15, because there's not much competition in the lower frequency range, which leads to a lot of definition if you use a crossover. (I think peavey makes some of the most under-rated bass equipment in the business, BTW)

Edible

« Reply #16 on: 28 Dec 2007, 17:19 »

Khar, I expect more originality in christian killing, tradition is no excuse for a lack of imagination.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #17 on: 29 Dec 2007, 07:38 »

I had an old school EH Big Muff Pi stolen once.
I'm still pissed about it.

If I had a drink, I'd pour it on the curb.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
« Reply #18 on: 29 Dec 2007, 08:41 »

Spilling booze ain't metal son.

Unless you spill it over some weak, lukewarm poserchristian sucker and then beat him to death for wasting your beer.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #19 on: 29 Dec 2007, 09:24 »

I can't think of a better tribute to a lost Big Muff, Khar.

Johnny C

• Mentat
« Reply #20 on: 29 Dec 2007, 09:31 »

I don't think Khar understands the idea of pouring out a forty on the curb for a fallen homie, Shane.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
« Reply #21 on: 29 Dec 2007, 09:42 »

Booze is for drinkin'.

It's probably a law!

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #22 on: 29 Dec 2007, 09:45 »

Khar, over here they sell 40s of low-grade beer for lowlifes/college students/pouring on the curb.

Johnny C

• Mentat
« Reply #23 on: 29 Dec 2007, 09:46 »

See, the idea is that the fallen homie would drink it, but instead he is lain in earth.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #24 on: 29 Dec 2007, 09:49 »

I think all that booze would cause the pedal to short out, though.

Maybe a moment of silence is a better option in this situation.

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #25 on: 29 Dec 2007, 09:52 »

Or screaming rage! Either/or.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
« Reply #26 on: 29 Dec 2007, 09:55 »

Dude, dead folks do not drink booze, on account of having no vital functions. If you see a dead guy drinking beer, I suggest you call the appropriate authorities and tell them that you are trapped in a Troma flick.

Then shoot everything.

dalconnsuch

« Reply #27 on: 30 Dec 2007, 22:55 »

i can say i had this experience, i was playing guitar for an old band and we had a show at the crocidle in seattle and somehow despite all logic someone stole my marshall amp stack, all pieces, even teh guitar chord

how pissed i was was simply beyond human comprehension

Sugarplum

« Reply #28 on: 30 Dec 2007, 22:59 »

it is probably karma

be nicer, people stop stealing

lol!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up