THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 16 Apr 2024, 02:17
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Famous people  (Read 35752 times)

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
Re: Famous people
« Reply #100 on: 04 Jan 2008, 01:18 »

Julia, if you're reading this, RUN.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

PretentiousYoungSuitors

« Reply #101 on: 05 Jan 2008, 23:40 »

i forgot, Lou Barlow is/was my friends neighbor.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #102 on: 06 Jan 2008, 00:39 »

Guys you all fucking know me right now.

Think to the fucking future.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

ruyi

• Beyoncé
« Reply #103 on: 06 Jan 2008, 02:10 »

james i need to meet you someday

ForteBass

• Higher than Ol' Scratch
« Reply #104 on: 06 Jan 2008, 09:29 »

Quote from: Dirk Hopeless
After this lets make a thread about who has the biggest penis.

Quote from: ephemere
hey you can never have too many threads about chuck

Seriously. Why has this not happened yet?
Quote from: Eris
Man, Friday night and I'm drawing tacos to post on the internet. I need another drink.

captain zoe

« Reply #105 on: 06 Jan 2008, 09:56 »

I met the former governor of Colorado a few summers ago; he came into the retail store at Coors Field where I was working.  Unfortunately he had secret service guys with him so I just had to smile and shake his hand instead of telling him what I really thought of him. 

But my ex-boyfriend went to NYU with Gregory Peck's grandson, and my mom met John Elway a long time ago.  Clearly they are more exciting than I. 

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #106 on: 06 Jan 2008, 10:39 »

Your place or mine?

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #107 on: 06 Jan 2008, 10:44 »

Ivanka Trump was a freshman at my highschool when I was a senior. There was this douchebag who was the class president and on the football team and stuff, and apparently he left her a voicemail asking if she wanted him to show her around. She forwarded the message to her friends, and from there it ended up going to everyone in the entire school. hilarious

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #108 on: 06 Jan 2008, 11:01 »

Men can be gold-diggers too you know.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #109 on: 06 Jan 2008, 11:31 »

dude how old do you think I am

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #110 on: 06 Jan 2008, 11:37 »

It's not necessarily a comment on your age, man, nobody ever said she was a genius.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

brandon_ha

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #111 on: 31 Mar 2008, 20:44 »

Ryan Cooley went to my high school, yeah degrassi fans, kinda know who he is... personally I didn't like him that much. Oh, my cousins married to some guy on the L.A. Kings, and up at my cottage theres Goldie Hawn, Kurt Russel and some guy from the Toronto maple Leafs. Theres also a rumor about Vince Vaughn being up there, but I'm not sure.
Yeah punctuation sure is pretty pretentious. Look how fucking pretentious this post is, all with two periods and a comma.

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
  • You're talking shit. Explain yourself.
    • I say things sometimes.
« Reply #112 on: 31 Mar 2008, 22:51 »

Damon Foreman is my guitar teacher.  Dunno if anybody's heard of him, but considering he's toured around the world it's a possibility.

The guys from OAR went to high school somewhere near Jeph, and I only live like, twenty minutes from there.  Sadly I haven't met them.

Ed Norton went to high school nearby me as well.  His grandfather was the man who laid the foundation for the town I live in.

Basically I need to meet more famous people.
i shotgunned a beer, made my facebook pic an american flag, and have been yelling "AMURIKA" all evening.

morca007

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #113 on: 31 Mar 2008, 22:53 »

Really depends on what your definition of celebrity is.
Most of the people I know/grew up with/have met are 'celebrities' in the extreme sporting world only. Examples:
-Met the Presidents and/or CEOs of: Adidas, Wipika, Gaastra, Salomon
-Grew up around Corey Roesler, Inventor of Kitesurfing
-Met Robby Naish a few times
-Snowboarded with Mike Jacoby
-Vacationed with both the Gaastra and Wipika Kite teams
Blah blah every pro windsurfer/Kiteboarder ever

"Real celebrities"
-Saw Matthew Perry going into our hotel in Florida

One time I got an email from Rstevens.
One time I got an email from Squidi.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #114 on: 01 Apr 2008, 02:52 »

I haven't met that many famous people.  I mean, I've met a bunch of webcomic dudes and ladies, but regardless of your opinion of the height of their celebrity it isn't really a mean feat.  You turn up to a con, you say hi.

Other than that I haven't really had all that much to do with celebrities, and I don't feel like I'm missing out on much.

Hairy Joe Bob

• FIGHT YOU
  • shame machine
    • Pete Strong - Writer & Artist
« Reply #115 on: 01 Apr 2008, 04:57 »

I met Jim Corr. He was an utter cunt. Nearly hit me because HE spilled MY drink on MY shoes. Dickhead.

I also met Therapy? They are lovely.

I went on a pubcrawl with Ash.

I met British Sea Power while very drunk.

Preston from the Ordinary Boys, Jo Neary, that bird who plays Maid Marian in the new Robin Hood, they are all regulars at my pub.

Can't think of anyone else but the Yeah Yeah Yeahs once wished me and some friends luck (they were in the same backstage changing rooms just before us.
What thou lovest well remains,
the rest is dross.

Peet

• Curry sauce
  • The Second Gabber
« Reply #116 on: 01 Apr 2008, 05:23 »

I passed Sir Martin Evans in a corridor once. We were walking past a display about his Nobel work and I did a massive double take.

I'm not sure if he counts though.
Quote from: Slick
I think Astaldo should be the next Dr. Who

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #117 on: 01 Apr 2008, 06:59 »

up at my cottage theres Goldie Hawn, Kurt Russel and some guy from the Toronto maple Leafs. Theres also a rumor about Vince Vaughn being up there, but I'm not sure.

"Up at your cottage"? What, buried under the floorboards? Drinking ginger beer and having a secret club meeting? I'm confused!

Aminal

« Reply #118 on: 01 Apr 2008, 15:24 »

I met two people who turned out to be killers.  One was a mass murderer, and one was just a regular murderer who only took two fathers away from their children.  (Not two gay fathers.  Two different sets of kids.)  They're both famous now!

P.S. If you plan on killing people in the future, don't intro yourself to me, I've already surpassed my quota.

Elizzybeth

• Beyoncé
« Reply #119 on: 01 Apr 2008, 15:27 »

I taught English for two weeks to a kid who was in the Ring (1, 2, and 3) and Drillbit Taylor and Texas Chainsaw Massacre and a couple of other things.  He's a pretty cool kid!  

I went to middle school with a kid who was in Cheaper by the Dozen, Dragonfly, and Phantom of the Megaplex.  He was not a pretty cool kid.  He was kind of an arrogant asshole.

A friend of mine went to driving school with Haley Joel Osment, who was apparently really sad-looking and sat in the back of the classroom with his bodyguards surrounding him and talked to no one.

Results?  Two-thirds of child stars are unhappy or assholes and the other third are really cool.  Also I don't know enough child stars for these results to be statistically significant.

karl gambolputty...

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #120 on: 01 Apr 2008, 15:33 »

I met Jesse Sykes once, after a show.  She shook my hand and called me sweet because I was drunk and babbling about how awesome she is.

I didn't meet them, but I have been in the same bar as Matthew Mcconaughey and Britt Daniels (two different occasions).  Turns out they are both kind of jerks.

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
    • WXBC Bard College Radio Online
« Reply #121 on: 01 Apr 2008, 15:58 »

A friend of mine is good friends with Steve Buscemi's son. This friend of a friend is in a band that played at my school b/c our mutual friend set up a show for the band. Anywho, Steve Buscemi was at the show, hanging out in SMOG, a rather tiny garage/venue on campus. We talked a bit. It was cool.
I punched all the girls in the face on the way to the booth to vote for Hitler.

Hollow Press (my blog)

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #122 on: 01 Apr 2008, 16:30 »

That IS really cool.

I annoyed the shit out of Dan from Wolf Parade and Handsome Furs. That tends to happen a lot when you are incredibly drunk, and they are not. At least I got a free shirt though!

Somewhere, the 2002 Olympic gold medalist Sarah Hughes has a picture of us. We talked to her at the Minneapolis airport and she whipped out the camera.

And I met Little Richard once at a hotel. He was terrifying. Calvin Johnson is also terrifying; when he looks at you he has the creepiest stare.
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

A Wet Helmet

• Beyoncé
  • The war against lolcats begins now
« Reply #123 on: 01 Apr 2008, 17:09 »

I have met a whole hell of a lot of bass players, which is kind of odd because I only kind of dabble in bass, but I play guitar. 
Also odd I think is that of what is about to be a very long list, I don't really know any of these folks.  As in... we're not buddies.  Nobody's given me their cell number, you know? But I've met every one of them.

Bass Players
Doug Wimbish twice, about 15 years apart.  Once in D.C., once in New York
Dave Ellefson
JD DeServio
Tony Levin
Leland Sklar
Rode in an elevator with Stu Hamm
Chuck Rainey

Other Musicians
I Drove Tim Alexander around D.C. in a lowrider I used to own and eventually dropped him off at his hotel
I've been in the dressing room of the old 930 club with Sick of it All
Also at the old 930 I talked briefly with Nivek Ogre
I've met all the guys in Fugazi, Skeeter from Scream, met the Bad Brains, the Cro-Mags, and lots of other even lesser known bands.
I worked briefly in the early 90s at a club in D.C called The Bayou.  Met a ton of the acts.  Hell, the first night I worked there White Zombie was playing.  Approximately eleven and a half billion shitty college metal bands came through while I was there, as well as Sophie B. Hawkins, Lynch Mob, LSD, and Jackal.

Actors
I spent about five minutes talking with Stacy Keach when I was about 17, and when I was ten or eleven I stood in line at the local video store to get James Doohan to autograph a comic book.

Favorite 'famous' guy
About a year before he died, I got to meet MSG Roy Benavidez .  He was the great uncle of a guy that worked for me at the time and was just soooooo cool.

*whew*  I think that covers it.

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #124 on: 01 Apr 2008, 17:59 »

is contact with james the new "my penis is bigger than yours"?!

he stayed at my house for three days and made me bread. fuck yoooooouuuuu
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

NarwhalSunshine

« Reply #125 on: 01 Apr 2008, 18:03 »

The Pink Spiders are from the next town over and played a lot of shows at the club my brother used to book for. They're pretty nice guys.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #126 on: 02 Apr 2008, 03:20 »

Is Gary Paulsen famous enough? 'Cause I've met him a couple of times, he came to my hometown on different occasions promoting one of those books, The Hatchet or Brian's Winter or whatever it was that he'd just released. I was like 8 or something but he was really nice.

...I suppose if you're going to be a children's author you had fucking well better be nice.

morca007

« Reply #127 on: 02 Apr 2008, 11:21 »

Is Gary Paulsen famous enough? 'Cause I've met him a couple of times, he came to my hometown on different occasions promoting one of those books, The Hatchet or Brian's Winter or whatever it was that he'd just released. I was like 8 or something but he was really nice.

...I suppose if you're going to be a children's author you had fucking well better be nice.
I dunno, maybe it's different for children's TV stars, but Bill Nye was a dick to my friend when he was little.

muteKi

« Reply #128 on: 02 Apr 2008, 15:09 »

I know people who ran into Bill Nye on an elevator once -- I must have taken the stairs or something.
This was like at the Grand Hyatt in NYC, only a block or two away from Grand Central Station.

They mentioned he was not very friendly. I suspect if XKCD is accurate, then it's to be expected, though. I sure would hate being him in that sort of situation.

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #129 on: 04 Apr 2008, 08:23 »

A friend of mind went outside of a stand-up place and smoked a cig with Dave Chapelle a few years ago.

Er..this week I met the Ambassador of France, the Ambassador of Turkey, Senator Russ Feingold and Senator Joe Biden. Do they count as famous people?
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

faylosophy

« Reply #130 on: 04 Apr 2008, 14:27 »

The dudes from The Stills bummed me for cigs and asked where the bathroom was at this bar I was at.  They then decided to flirt with me for about 30 minutes, it was pretty funny. 

Then there is Marlon Wayans, Meg White, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and the dudes from Ambulance LTD all whom I've had a few conversations with.  There is also Adrien Brody, I saw him get into a town car in midtown. 

oh yeah and I hung out with the dude from the dresden dolls at a Dinosaur Jr show
« Last Edit: 04 Apr 2008, 14:34 by faylosophy »

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #131 on: 05 Apr 2008, 07:15 »

Ran into Thurston frigging Moore last night, awesome. Also talked to John Vanderslice for a minute after the show.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

brandon_ha

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #132 on: 05 Apr 2008, 10:52 »

up at my cottage theres Goldie Hawn, Kurt Russel and some guy from the Toronto maple Leafs. Theres also a rumor about Vince Vaughn being up there, but I'm not sure.

"Up at your cottage"? What, buried under the floorboards? Drinking ginger beer and having a secret club meeting? I'm confused!

On the same lake, we run into them occasionally, but now you've got me thinking......
Yeah punctuation sure is pretty pretentious. Look how fucking pretentious this post is, all with two periods and a comma.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #133 on: 05 Apr 2008, 12:19 »

I've met Lemmy, Al Jourgenson, Kirby Puckett, Darryl Hall, Kent Hrbek and that one fucker in ever Everclear who turned out to be kind of a dick.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Narr

« Reply #134 on: 05 Apr 2008, 12:49 »

Er..this week I met the Ambassador of France, the Ambassador of Turkey, Senator Russ Feingold and Senator Joe Biden. Do they count as famous people?
I say yes.

Speaking of political people, I've met, shook hands, and spoken with Senator John Ensign (Nevada-R) when my family was in Washington D.C. a couple years back.  We passed by Senator Clinton in the halls while we were on a tour, as well, although we didn't attempt to stop her because I'm fairly certain my dad would have punched her in the face.

brandon_ha

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #135 on: 05 Apr 2008, 16:24 »

If politicians count, I've met the premier of Ontario a couple times (separate ones) and I had a conversation with the minister of tourism at the Rolling Stones concert in Toronto in 2003, I have his business card and a Canada flag pin he was wearing.

thegreatbuddha

« Reply #136 on: 05 Apr 2008, 16:30 »

I went to high school with the drummer from Scatter the Ashes, and I think he may have dated my sister briefly.

I've also hung out with Matt from the Pink Spiders at WH a few times, when he was in Silent Friction. SF sucked just as much as the Pink Spiders, but he's a really nice guy.
I want to be able to tell my kids about the days when the internet was an uncontrolled haven for outlaws such as myself.
Kind of like the old west but with keyboards and nobody is having sex.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #137 on: 05 Apr 2008, 16:43 »

Hm, I just remembered that I've met a couple of the Tuskegee Airmen and shaken hands with the Grand Duchess of Luxembourg.

She's kindof a MILF.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #138 on: 05 Apr 2008, 18:31 »

Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

NarwhalSunshine

« Reply #139 on: 06 Apr 2008, 00:04 »

If politicians count, I've met Gen. Petraeus, I was in a German club with his son my freshman year.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #140 on: 06 Apr 2008, 05:33 »

up at my cottage theres Goldie Hawn, Kurt Russel and some guy from the Toronto maple Leafs.

See, I would hang around the area, waiting for Kurt Russel to walk by, just so I could say 'I heard you were dead'.

Hey, don't you live in San Francisco or something? I've been considering being a hobo this summer and trying to get there on freight trains.
« Last Edit: 06 Apr 2008, 06:44 by Slick »

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #141 on: 06 Apr 2008, 10:25 »

I once humped John Lithgow's leg. Does that count?
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
  • You're talking shit. Explain yourself.
    • I say things sometimes.
« Reply #142 on: 06 Apr 2008, 17:14 »

A friend of mind went outside of a stand-up place and smoked a cig with Dave Chapelle a few years ago.

!!!
i shotgunned a beer, made my facebook pic an american flag, and have been yelling "AMURIKA" all evening.

ruyi

• Beyoncé
« Reply #143 on: 06 Apr 2008, 18:46 »

Not gonna lie, I kinda forgot about this thread.

up at my cottage theres Goldie Hawn, Kurt Russel and some guy from the Toronto maple Leafs.

See, I would hang around the area, waiting for Kurt Russel to walk by, just so I could say 'I heard you were dead'.

Hey, don't you live in San Francisco or something? I've been considering being a hobo this summer and trying to get there on freight trains.

I live in Berkeley. I think that would be fantastic!

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #144 on: 06 Apr 2008, 20:52 »

Wait, will you be staying in Berkeley over the summer, Roo?
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

ruyi

• Beyoncé
« Reply #145 on: 06 Apr 2008, 21:20 »

Ah, good point. I'm not even sure where I'll be this summer. I might go to New Orleans, actually, and then New York after that. Or I may go to China instead of either of those. But either way I'll probably be spending most of my time in San Diego or Chicago and not norcal.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #146 on: 06 Apr 2008, 21:59 »

Well, theoretically I could end up anywhere near where the freight trains go. Stowing away to New Orleans seems like a terribly terrible idea. In the best possible way.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #147 on: 07 Apr 2008, 04:42 »

Hey you could probably contact Cory for hangouts if you're in Loozianne. I'd be kindof envious, he's rad.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #148 on: 07 Apr 2008, 11:21 »

You should try and hobo your way through Fargo. It is pretty okay during the summer, and I will be there!
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
    • WXBC Bard College Radio Online
« Reply #149 on: 07 Apr 2008, 12:48 »

I've met and had dinner with Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward. They're on the board for the Westport County Playhouse in CT and my dad was the architect for the new playhouse and b/c the Newman and Woodward give a bajillion dollars to the place they were often meeting with him to talk about things. That was pretty cool I guess.
I punched all the girls in the face on the way to the booth to vote for Hitler.

Hollow Press (my blog)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up