THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 16:42
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Should Faye and Sven Tell Dora?  (Read 21117 times)

VikkiTips

Should Faye and Sven Tell Dora?
« on: 22 Feb 2008, 08:46 »

I really think they should. Dora and Marten were honest enough to come clean with Faye about their relationship, I think Faye owes it to them to do the same. Plus, Sven's already mentioned that he can't lie to Dora, who makes a point of asking him about his love life ((when he was explaining to Raven why he wouldn't date her)).

And I think though she'd find it weird at first, Dora'd like the two of them dating, one because it would put her anxieties of Marten abandoning her to rest, and two, she said earlier Sven needed to date someone like Faye.

Faye and Sven may not necessarily be dating at the moment, but I still think Faye would be good for him, and likewise.

ThePQ4

• Asleep in the boner patch
Re: Should Faye and Sven Tell Dora?
« Reply #1 on: 22 Feb 2008, 08:56 »

Firstly: Start a "Hi, I'm New" post. We would like to get to know you better.

Secondly, I think they should just keep it a secret for now...unless Jeph has plans to make them more then FWB, there's not much of a need to kill Sven. He's too darn cute to die.

lonewolfsis04

« Reply #2 on: 22 Feb 2008, 09:02 »

Technically he isn't lying, he just isn't telling Dora what they did. But I can see Faye being grilled about where she's been...and she'll fess up. Of poor Hannelore will spill under pressure of pintsize and/or windslow.

VikkiTips

« Reply #3 on: 22 Feb 2008, 09:08 »

Technically he isn't lying, he just isn't telling Dora what they did. But I can see Faye being grilled about where she's been...and she'll fess up. Of poor Hannelore will spill under pressure of pintsize and/or windslow.

I forgot about Hanners. I can imagine Pintsize and Winslow interrogating her actually...well, Pintsize anyway.

lonewolfsis04

« Reply #4 on: 22 Feb 2008, 09:26 »

I forgot about Hanners. I can imagine Pintsize and Winslow interrogating her actually...well, Pintsize anyway.

How could you forget about Hannelore after all the threads about how "cute" she was singing row, row , row your boat?  :-P
That aside, I feel bad for her, I can only imagine her face waking up from hearing a banging on the living room ceiling.

ThePQ4

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #5 on: 22 Feb 2008, 09:45 »

It's not nessessary to quote from directly above you.

I agree with Vikki --it would be cute to see Pintsize and Winslow finding out from Hanners...hilarity could ensue while they all play a game of "I Know Something You Don't Know!" --and I sense blackmail abound from Pintsize on Faye...

britMonster

• Furry furrier
« Reply #6 on: 22 Feb 2008, 09:57 »

It would be mainly Pintsize interrogating I think, but Winslow is naive and likes to do what Pintsize says.
britMonster is all hot and bothered by the thought of febreeze.

you're invited : www.lost.eu/75505

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #7 on: 22 Feb 2008, 10:08 »

They may wish to "keep it under wraps" until they figure out where its going to go, or they would like to take it. 

And the rest of the gang may even respect their privacy even if they suspect.  But that's probably just crazy talk. 
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

angelagee

« Reply #8 on: 22 Feb 2008, 10:40 »

Well, Sven and Faye should tell Dora. Even if they don't she'll find out. Although, Dora doesn't have the right o get mad at Faye and Sven because she did something even worse by hooking up with Marten right after Faye told him she needed time. So, that's my 2 cents.

opaque

« Reply #9 on: 22 Feb 2008, 10:48 »

I think they'll have to tell but it'll take at least a week of strips for that to happen.

The major problem I can see is that yes they would be good for each other but theres no way they're going to be a couple. Marten and Dora are a proper couple, Sven couldn't be like that and Faye wouldn't want that from Faye, she would have done from Marten.

Saying that whats wrong with maybe having a friend with benefits?

Calaveth

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #10 on: 22 Feb 2008, 11:31 »

I sense a shotgun wedding in Sven's near future.  :evil:

zKonz

« Reply #11 on: 22 Feb 2008, 12:41 »

So I've been reading QC for a while, but haven't really been a part of the forums so I don't know if this has been discussed before.  Did anyone else notice the scar on Faye's right breast?

Back to the topic at hand, I dunno.  I bet Dora would initially freak out and want to murder her brother, but she might subconsciously be relieved that she doesn't have to worry about losing Marten to Faye.  I bet Martin would be glad to see Faye coming out of her shell, but he might end up having one of those moments like Meg Ryan in "When Harry Met Sally" after she found that Joe was getting married.  Maybe less weepy and without the Billy Crystal sex, but the whole, "What does Sven have that I don't?  What's the matter with me-e-e-e... <sob, sob>" 

Then back to the actual players.  I can sense this sending Faye into an emotional tailspin about not being ready, until someone beats her over the head with the reality that if can't move forward she'll never be ready.  And Sven might not be ready for rejection even if it's because of emotional baggage.  Then again, this could be the start of a beautiful friendship.

Either way I think Hanners is going to crack and blurt it out at the most awkward moment imaginable.

rucdoc

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
    • Newbie Shooting Range
« Reply #12 on: 22 Feb 2008, 12:43 »

I think they should tell her, stop by the coffee shop, let out there, murder in front of that many witnesses would be hard to justify to the cops
Doom, and stuff

Newbie Shooting Range, fun for some people

http://nsr.sablewing.org

mehmeh

• BANNED
  • Plantmonster
« Reply #13 on: 22 Feb 2008, 13:19 »

Did anyone else notice the scar on Faye's right breast?

It happened during the car crash during her nervous breakdown. It's been discussed in the comic many times.

Blackcat Moebius

• Plantmonster
  • No mushrooms.
« Reply #14 on: 22 Feb 2008, 14:05 »

Dora (and Marten) are going to find out eventually anyway, one way or another.  And if it isn't Faye they hear it from, I can see either or both of them being upset that she didn't tell them.

I'm actually expecting/hoping that next week includes someone talking Faye out of the 'keep it quiet' idea.

- Maybe Sven will realize that it's an exercise in futility.

- Or Dr. Buenvenida will ask Faye if she really thinks it's a good idea.

- I could also see Hannelore saying "tell them already! Before I explode!"

- Finally, Faye might decide that she owes them a bit of honesty.
« Last Edit: 22 Feb 2008, 14:12 by Blackcat Moebius »

Helios05

• Plantmonster
  • Having fun and dark sacrifices!
« Reply #15 on: 22 Feb 2008, 14:50 »

I think they will need time to discuss where this is going, first. They just had that one night and that's it, then there is no need to tell anyone. If they plan to make a relationship out of it, they should tell...soon at least, delaying is going to make things worse. As for the doctor, I hadn't thought about her. I am not sure about her, I would assume she would see spontaneous sex as not likely a good thing, but, since he is a friend, who's to say. I wonder now if she's mentioned Sven and talked to her doctor about him, I would think the doctor would ask about her friends, to better understand her and the kind of people she likes to be around with, but I can't be sure.
« Last Edit: 22 Feb 2008, 14:53 by Helios05 »
"I'm fucking tripping balls! Ask Oak!"
"Bitch be TRIPPING balls!"
WOW player
Server: Zuluhed
Guild: Galactic Alliance
PM Veey or Heavenstrike to join!

Stoutfellow

• Curry sauce
« Reply #16 on: 22 Feb 2008, 15:10 »

She has mentioned Sven (and Angus) to her therapist, yes.

Helios05

• Plantmonster
  • Having fun and dark sacrifices!
« Reply #17 on: 22 Feb 2008, 15:37 »

She has mentioned Sven (and Angus) to her therapist, yes.
Then I need to look for that comic, I want to see what she said about them. Mentioning this to her therapist and she gave Sven a bad review, and her therapist will likely tell her not to continue like this. If she said good things about him, the therapist might be supportive, if a bit cautionary, I don't know, I would ask my friend who's getting a masters degree in counseling, but I'm not sure how to explain the entirety of the comic to her in  time to make post in a reasonable amount of time, I tend to go into to much detail...alot. Anyone else got friends in the counseling/psychology professions?
"I'm fucking tripping balls! Ask Oak!"
"Bitch be TRIPPING balls!"
WOW player
Server: Zuluhed
Guild: Galactic Alliance
PM Veey or Heavenstrike to join!

zKonz

« Reply #18 on: 22 Feb 2008, 16:09 »

It happened during the car crash during her nervous breakdown. It's been discussed in the comic many times.
[/quote]

Yeah, wow.  It's been a while since I've read the multitude of strips.  My bad.  Thanks for the references though!

Stoutfellow

• Curry sauce
« Reply #19 on: 22 Feb 2008, 16:33 »

Then I need to look for that comic, I want to see what she said about them.

Found it: it's http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=808.

Tepheri

« Reply #20 on: 22 Feb 2008, 18:44 »

First time poster, but this was enough to draw me out.

I honestly believe Faye and Sven should just come out and tell both Marten and Dora. Marten and Dora were honest with Faye about each other, and deserve the same level of respect from Faye. If Faye was honest about it, then I think that you'd see a similar response out of Marten (initial disappointment, but the ability to move on and be happy for them), and Dora as well. However, I also think that if Faye tries to hide this from Marten and Dora, given the transparency of their relationship, it'd cause exponentially worse and more irreparable damage. Relationship and girl drama, we're sure they can handle. But blatant dishonesty? That's where I think you'd see an issue.

cwoolard

« Reply #21 on: 22 Feb 2008, 20:50 »

Dora was honest with Faye, and did not get killed. See comics 565 & 568. I'm guessing if Faye's up-front with Dora, there won't be that much of a problem. But *Faye* needs to be the one to spill the beans, as Dora will never believe Sven.

Edit: Also, see comic 567. I think Faye's way more grounded and sensible than she's given credit for.
(When she's not being homicidal, that is...)
« Last Edit: 22 Feb 2008, 22:25 by cwoolard »

BoisterousFanboy

« Reply #22 on: 23 Feb 2008, 00:47 »

Here's my $0.02

If Sven and Faye are going to continue on then everyone is going to have to/eventually will find out. Faye has made a point of calling Sven out for lying about such things.

Dora has made some idle threats toward Sven hooking up with her employees but that was really going under the assumption that Sven would seduce them, use them, and lose them. I don't see that happening here. At the very least Faye will make him pay for it if it comes to that.

The "best" way to go about this is really to just fess up to whats goin on and let the chips fall where they may. They're consenting adults and they should both know what they're getting into... although they haven't had the "what's going on with us" convo yet.

Seriously they shouldn't keep it a secret. It'll only make it seem weirder that way.

Silken

« Reply #23 on: 23 Feb 2008, 03:10 »

Somehow I have a certain mental image/comic of what will happen when they fail to keep it a secret amidst the coffee shop. It would be something like Raven and Dora screaming "DIE!" at the top of their lungs and pouncing on Faye (Raven) and Sven (Dora). Or they will simultaneously reach for the Coffee Shop Broadsword/Battle Spatula and fight each other for it long enough to allow them a narrow escape.

RKDelpiero

« Reply #24 on: 23 Feb 2008, 05:12 »

No, they shouldn't. They should let Hanners try to explain it to Dora and co.

That would be amusing. Also amusing, would be Dora's rampage when she finds out.

GabZ1985

« Reply #25 on: 23 Feb 2008, 08:45 »

As many before me mentioned, they should first discuss where this is going. Either it's just a FWB thing or a relationship/dating thing, they should definitely tell the others. It should come from them and not Hanners cracking under the pressure as it'll make less damage. Sure, Dora will be pissed at her brother at first, thinking that he made the moves first and all, but she'll come around eventually.

I think she doesn't want him to date her employees because she doesn't want to clean up the mess after he's done with them. Imagine how awkward that would be if Sven dates one of the girls, lets her down, Dora picks her up and Sven comes back hanging around the coffee shop.

bravenewcentury

« Reply #26 on: 23 Feb 2008, 09:04 »

Yet another newbie jumping on the bandwagon created by this storyline...

No, they shouldn't. They should let Hanners try to explain it to Dora and co.

That would be amusing. Also amusing, would be Dora's rampage when she finds out.

I thoroughly agree. It would be fairly sensible for them to come clean about it, but people in webcomics should never do the sensible thing, because it's just not as funny. I am here for teh funny.

Econoline

• Plantmonster
« Reply #27 on: 23 Feb 2008, 14:03 »

I really think they should. Dora and Marten were honest enough to come clean with Faye about their relationship, I think Faye owes it to them to do the same. Plus, Sven's already mentioned that he can't lie to Dora, who makes a point of asking him about his love life ((when he was explaining to Raven why he wouldn't date her)).

And I think though she'd find it weird at first, Dora'd like the two of them dating, one because it would put her anxieties of Marten abandoning her to rest, and two, she said earlier Sven needed to date someone like Faye.

And three, Faye and Dora had this conversation, and then this reiteration of the message, very recently (maybe only a day or two ago?).

If Dora brings it up again, Faye now has the *PERFECT* comeback...and even if Dora doesn't mention it, Faye could easily start the conversation: "Hey, Dora, remember how you told me the other day that we've GOT to get me laid? And that it's good to push my boundaries? Well......"

Faye and Sven may not necessarily be dating at the moment, but I still think Faye would be good for him, and likewise.

I agree. It's already been shown that Faye can handle Sven at his worst, and Sven can handle Faye at her worst. And I absolutely LOVED that wordless panel in Thursday's comic where they look at each other, both of them obviously thinking, "You're thinking EXACTLY the same thing that I'm thinking, aren't you?"
There's no sense crying over every mistake,
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
« Reply #28 on: 23 Feb 2008, 15:18 »

Does there have to be a different thread for EVERY SINGLE THING? This whole front page is different threads about Sven and Faye, I'm sure this discussion can fit SOMEHWERE in one of those threads.
Hate, rain on me

newsboxsbitch

« Reply #29 on: 24 Feb 2008, 05:18 »

Somehow I have a certain mental image/comic of what will happen when they fail to keep it a secret amidst the coffee shop. It would be something like Raven and Dora screaming "DIE!" at the top of their lungs and pouncing on Faye (Raven) and Sven (Dora). Or they will simultaneously reach for the Coffee Shop Broadsword/Battle Spatula and fight each other for it long enough to allow them a narrow escape.

That is what I want to see, sod the grown up, talk it out and be honest stuff. My money's on the Battle Spatula.

rhubarbidoo

« Reply #30 on: 24 Feb 2008, 18:28 »

I think the only reason this should be brought up to Dora is to see her reaction. Otherwise, it's honestly their own business and they don't owe anything to anybody thus aren't obliged to tell the entire series of events. Although if they due pursue a relationship, which I highly doubt-  they might as well come out with it to make things less awkward in the long run.

I just wonder if Marty will get jealous/upset by the ordeal and realize that he still has feelings for Faye. That could fuck things up between him and Dora, which I don't mind - because I don't think they're the greatest match. Still, I want Sven and Faye to try a relationship because they do complement each other in an odd way.

jordinyc

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #31 on: 24 Feb 2008, 19:05 »

In reality? YES!

Is it funnier that way? OF COURSE NOT!!! Of course I've become attached to these guys so I really want them to tell her, but I'm dying to know what actually happens either way.

The question is what will Dora do when she finds out? For some reason I'm reminded of the chase scene from King Fu Hustle with the guy seeing the landlady running after him in the reflection of the knife in his shoulder.

vaguely

« Reply #32 on: 25 Feb 2008, 08:27 »

I don't understand why anyone is saying that Marten and Dora "deserve" anything. Dora waited half a millisecond before swooping in and gathering up Marten in her talons, and Marten went along with it. No matter how okay with it Faye is, that's gotta sting a little.

Faye can sleep with whomever she pleases, as can Sven, and it isn't anyone's business. This might not turn into a relationship; they might do it once or twice and then just let the attraction die. Unless it starts to turn into something serious (which I sort of doubt it will) I don't think she needs to tell anyone. Marten does not have a claim on Faye's vagina and Dora does not have a weird, Flowers-in-the-Attic claim on Sven's penis.

Vanguard

• Not quite a lurker
  • Cynical Bastard
    • Mind of Madness
« Reply #33 on: 25 Feb 2008, 08:30 »

Dora might have some words but I don't think anyone would "flip out" as much as everyone is assuming. Unless of course, the artist makes it that way.
If they pull the "it's just a game" card on you,
Stab them in the eye with a rusty fork.
Nothing can beat the rusty fork rebuttal.
Except maybe bullets.
And cake.

Skinny Jeans

« Reply #34 on: 25 Feb 2008, 08:40 »

I completely agree. Dora will be annoyed at the idea, but I really think shes down to earth enough to understand how Faye's actions were rational.

rucdoc

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
    • Newbie Shooting Range
« Reply #35 on: 25 Feb 2008, 09:35 »

I think the reason dora should know is her employee is sleeping with her brother
Doom, and stuff

Newbie Shooting Range, fun for some people

http://nsr.sablewing.org

Janny

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #36 on: 25 Feb 2008, 11:22 »

Sure, they can tell Dora, it's not like she's their parent or anything..
I'm more excited at the prospect of seeing Marten's reaction about the whole deal. It's pretty hard to imagine how he may react, anything from being happy to a breakdown. He said it himself, he still has some feelings for Faye.

The Alchymist

« Reply #37 on: 25 Feb 2008, 11:44 »

Hello! Long time reader, first time poster.

I don't think anyone has to know anything! My boss has absolutly no business knowing who I choose to sleep with, and neither has my brother/sister. If anything it would be beacause Dora and Marten are their friends, but I still don't think they need to know anything of that kind. They don't even know themselvs where things are going. If they are planning a relationship they probably should tell some time, but if they're not (and there is nothing wrong with a good FWB relationship), telling everybody would kind of ruin it. Why is this so important to you anyway? It's just sex. If a friend of mine just hooked up with another friend, or my brother for that matter, I would not expect any of them to run up to me and tell me about it the next day, if not to tell me how happy they where or ask for advice. There is somthing called privacy.  :x  What happend with Dora and Marten was somthing completely different.

I hope Faye and Sven end up in a relationship. I think it is helthy for everyone and it gives me a hope that one day, quote: "I can be a real girl" too!

I do think Hanners will be the one to break down and confess though.

Also this needs to be said again: Sven's HOT - Sven coming out of the bathroom only waring a towel - SO HOT!

Doug S. Machina

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #38 on: 25 Feb 2008, 14:35 »

Obviously, no-one's obligated to tell, but it seems unlikely to stay under wraps just because of their close connections.

For comic or dramatic reasons, I think they'll make a effort though.
Man, if I was the sort of person who quoted things like that in my signature, I'd quote that it my signature.

vaguely

« Reply #39 on: 25 Feb 2008, 16:03 »

I think the reason dora should know is her employee is sleeping with her brother

That has nothing to do with Faye's employment. Dora is sleeping with her employee's roommate. It could cause the same awkwardness if that ended badly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up