THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 06:04
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: So apparently A Silver Mt. Zion is now a 5 piece.  (Read 2567 times)

sean

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • welp

This is actully old-ish news, but I just found out and I don't know how many of you know.

Anyway, apparently Ian (guitar) and Becky (cello) have left A Silver Mt. Zion. As you can see from this video they are clearly not there. Efrim apparently mentions it in this show as well. I don't know about you guys but I'm pretty bummed out about this. ASMZ's stuff really kind of needs two guitars.
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
    • WXBC Bard College Radio Online
Re: So apparently A Silver Mt. Zion is now a 5 piece.
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jan 2009, 19:50 »

Yeah, I remember hearing about this when it first happened. It's awful news in my opinion. I got to see them live before it happened and I really can't picture them without those two instruments. It's going to be quite odd and possibly not in a good way.
I punched all the girls in the face on the way to the booth to vote for Hitler.

Hollow Press (my blog)

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #2 on: 29 Jan 2009, 10:17 »

noooooo

...actually, i don't really care. i'll probably never see them live, and Horses In The Sky is their only album that i really really LOVE anyway. oh well.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Nappuccino

• Plantmonster
« Reply #3 on: 30 Jan 2009, 08:15 »

noooooo

...actually, i don't really care. i'll probably never see them live, and Horses In The Sky is their only album that i really really LOVE anyway. oh well.

But most of their songs really come alive when they play them... live.

http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=a%20silver%20mt.%20zion&sort=-avg_rating%3B-num_reviews <-- lots of great live performances by them so you can get an idea of what you'll be missing if you never see them live.
« Last Edit: 30 Jan 2009, 08:17 by Nappuccino »
Pages: [1]   Go Up