THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 02:28
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 31   Go Down

Author Topic: tronnocon is serious business / yelley loves you  (Read 272548 times)

valley_parade

• coprophage
Re: tronnocon is serious business / yelley loves you
« Reply #150 on: 13 Jan 2008, 08:29 »

I knew you all talked about me when I'm not here.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #151 on: 13 Jan 2008, 08:49 »

If this were a music festival, I'm sure the tickets would have sold out already. Who's headlining this thing, anyway?

I could bring my guitar, but I AM NOT GOING TO PERFORM YOUR FUCKING SONG.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

supersheep

• Scrabble hacker
  • you'll have to speak up, i'm a fish and lack ears
« Reply #152 on: 14 Jan 2008, 21:48 »

But flying to Boston is about a hundred and fifty quid more expensive. More fun, but less cheap...
DJ Weight Problem: if you think semantics isn't that important maybe you should just can dig four banana nine jenkins razor blade dinosaur

yelley

• The Neighbor of the Beast
  • i believe in knitting.
    • it's peanut butter yelley time
« Reply #153 on: 15 Jan 2008, 07:36 »

that was why we planned it for canada... so people not from the US could get there cheaper...

(p.s. what is a quid? how much is that in american monies?)
Quote from: tommy
you do lurk below the surface of the forum, emerging occasionally to pluck a young man from our ranks before plunging back into the murky depths from whence you came
Quote from: J0n
You are pretty totally creepshow, yelley

IronOxide

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #154 on: 15 Jan 2008, 07:38 »

A quid is slang for 1 GBP. It's about two bucks.
Quote from: Wikipedia on Elephant Polo
No matches have been played since February 2007, however, when an elephant, protesting a bad call by the referee, went on a rampage during a game, injuring two players and destroying the Spanish team's minibus

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #155 on: 15 Jan 2008, 07:42 »

Then holy crap that'd be expensive. Unless there's a minor airport close to Boston that would have cheaper tickets.

And I found out Skybus (the newer airline that's usually pretty inexpensive) now flies to Toronto/Niagra Falls, if anyone lives near a place that Skybus goes to. Edit: I just looked it up and as far in advance that it goes right now is May, but hot damn it's cheap (from Columbus, anyways). So people that were out on the other side of the US might want to look into this, if there are flights available, because it looks like you could fly from Cali to Columbus and then from Columbus to Toronto/Niagra Falls for somewhere between $200-300, and then probably take a cab, bus, or something to whatever hotel you stay in. Only bad thing is you can't look up June yet.
« Last Edit: 15 Jan 2008, 07:48 by Linds »
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #156 on: 15 Jan 2008, 07:52 »

You guys, I am kind of contemplating camping in Toronto. I mean, it's going to be June, and this is happening around my birthday, and I love camping, so yeah. It makes perfect sense to me to go camping.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

PretentiousYoungSuitors

« Reply #157 on: 15 Jan 2008, 08:21 »

Unless there's a minor airport close to Boston that would have cheaper tickets.

Bradley International in Hartford/Springfield maybe?  if theres more from western mass/flying into western mass id be all for carpooling.  I'd even pick you jokers up from the airport

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #158 on: 15 Jan 2008, 08:22 »

Then holy crap that'd be expensive. Unless there's a minor airport close to Boston that would have cheaper tickets.

I'm not sure about prices or whether they do international flights, but there's a decent sized airport in Manchester, NH, which I believe is on the way to Canada from Boston (It's right off Route 93). Might be worth looking into.

Edit: Useless anyway. Taking a quick look, Manchester doesn't do international flights.
« Last Edit: 15 Jan 2008, 08:33 by 0bsessions »
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #159 on: 15 Jan 2008, 08:24 »

A slightly farther out of the way (though about an hour from me) choice could be Albany International.

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #160 on: 15 Jan 2008, 09:58 »

Guys I hope most of you realise that the smaller the airport, the fewer flights it fields, and thus the more expensive those flights are, because otherwise the airline wouldn't be running them at all. On the flipside, airlines extort businesspeople who commute to work, and so mornings and evenings to the largest airports are also kind of expensive. For cheapest tickets try odd times to mid-sized places like Bradley International in Hartford or La Guardia or Buffalo in New York.

Also Orbitz has gotten me excellently cheap tickets to and from the UK a few times now.
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

OrigNES

• Plantmonster
« Reply #161 on: 15 Jan 2008, 10:37 »

Fuck you guys anyway, Texas rocks. Maybe I'll just go visit relatives there instead.

now that sounds like an idear, I have lots of fam back in Texas.
"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it. " - Edgar Allan Poe

yelley

• i believe in knitting.
« Reply #162 on: 15 Jan 2008, 11:43 »

guys, seriously. this is not talk about visiting states that are lame thread. this is tronnocon thread. back to what matters, kay?
you do lurk below the surface of the forum, emerging occasionally to pluck a young man from our ranks before plunging back into the murky depths from whence you came

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #163 on: 15 Jan 2008, 11:52 »

Guys I hope most of you realise that the smaller the airport, the fewer flights it fields, and thus the more expensive those flights are, because otherwise the airline wouldn't be running them at all.

The reason I suggested this is because in my experience with airports, it's a hell of a lot cheaper for me to fly out of Dayton, Columbus, or even Indianapolis than it is to fly out of the Cincinnati airport, including those weird flights that start off in Dayton, but have a layover in Cincinnati. I just figured it might be similar elsewhere.

supersheep

• Scrabble hacker
  • you'll have to speak up, i'm a fish and lack ears
« Reply #164 on: 15 Jan 2008, 12:25 »

(p.s. what is a quid? how much is that in american monies?)

I generally use quid to refer to euros as well, so it's only about $1.60. Also, flying out of Dublin I am kinda restricted in where I can get to, as there aren't all that many flights to anywhere in North America - flying to New York and getting a twelve hour bus journey is just about the cheapest option I've found so far.
DJ Weight Problem: if you think semantics isn't that important maybe you should just can dig four banana nine jenkins razor blade dinosaur

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #165 on: 15 Jan 2008, 12:27 »

I guess everyone's experience is different. When I was going to school in Huntington, WV there were only 2 airlines out of the 3-gate airstrip. Delta flew 2 flights per day to and from Cinci, and United Airways flew 4 daily from Charlotte, NC. From either Cinci or Charlotte you could go anywhere you wanted, but they didn't fly anywhere else from Huntington and that leg of any trip cost upwards of $400.
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #166 on: 15 Jan 2008, 12:29 »

Also MaiAda: Would it be a Terrible Thing for us to drive out to Oklahoma City and pick up Something Witty? It is like 11 hours out, which is how long it takes to get to Chicago straight from Atlanta anyway, and he said he'd drive the rest of the way to Chi-town.

Also I think if yes we should make it a proper road trip. We can bring tents, and/or I've got AAA so I get discounted rates at Super 8s and Comfort Inns and such. What day were you getting into Charlotte?

Dissy

• The German Chancellory building
  • The only asshole in the internets
« Reply #167 on: 15 Jan 2008, 13:32 »

So, uh, what about New Mexico, I mean the large military installation that sits on the border of Arizona, Texas?

Fuck off, New Mexico is great and loads better than Arizona or Texas.

You've obviously never lived there, that's our nickname for the state.  Any one coming through NM?
Quote from: Tommy on Gabbly
i'm not paying for your boob jon
Quote from: Darryl
I fuck at typos
Quote from: Squiddy
but you haven't sig quoted me yet kevin
Quote from: Darryl on meebo
9 inches is pathetic by today's standard

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #168 on: 15 Jan 2008, 13:45 »

Man. I've lived here all my danged life.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

yelley

• i believe in knitting.
« Reply #169 on: 15 Jan 2008, 13:49 »

coming through new mexico? seriously? no offense or anything guys, but i don't love any of you enough to drive so far to toronto that i'm coming through new mexico.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #170 on: 15 Jan 2008, 14:11 »

emilio is driving I think.

IronOxide

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #171 on: 15 Jan 2008, 14:45 »

That's because Emilio is XxXHARDCOREXxX.
Quote from: Wikipedia on Elephant Polo
No matches have been played since February 2007, however, when an elephant, protesting a bad call by the referee, went on a rampage during a game, injuring two players and destroying the Spanish team's minibus

mberan42

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Fry... You're my friend...
« Reply #172 on: 15 Jan 2008, 14:46 »

Man, you're going to spend just as much on gas driving from anywhere to Toronto as you would a plane ticket.

It'd take like someone to pay me $1,000 minimum to drive from Chicago to Toronto, let alone Hotlanta or fucking New Mexico.
My parents were always on me to groom myself and wear underpants. What am I, the pope?!

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #173 on: 15 Jan 2008, 15:09 »

Dude it is infinitely more expensive for me to drive than to fly to Toronto. Yes, infinitely. Because you cannot divide by zero, that is why. (Flying is free.)

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #174 on: 15 Jan 2008, 15:52 »

It's a lot cheaper to drive from Fargo. Like hundreds of dollars cheaper, even if I don't split the cost of gas with anyone. But hey, if someone wants to give me money for a plane ticket I would gladly fly.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #175 on: 15 Jan 2008, 16:09 »

By chance is anyone going through Michigan?

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #176 on: 15 Jan 2008, 16:18 »

You guys, I am kind of contemplating camping in Toronto. I mean, it's going to be June, and this is happening around my birthday, and I love camping, so yeah. It makes perfect sense to me to go camping.

Now that might be an idea, though that far north, even in late June might still be a bit chilly. And also, you gots to have a reliable way of getting into town.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #177 on: 15 Jan 2008, 16:29 »

Right then, I guess I'm just going off of the Rockies for some reason, which I realize too late are nowhere effing close to Toronto.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #178 on: 15 Jan 2008, 17:06 »

Canada is fucking massive, dude. Like, honkin' huge and all. Like, is your country Russia? Then Canada is larger than wherever you are. Unless maybe you are in Antarctica. In which case, can I visit?
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #179 on: 15 Jan 2008, 17:10 »

Man, you're going to spend just as much on gas driving from anywhere to Toronto as you would a plane ticket.

Not even close for us New England folk.

Rachel's got either a Camry or Corolla, I forget which. The former gets about 25 MPG highway versus about 34 MPG highway for the latter. For the sake of overestimating price, we'll assume the worst case and go with the 25.

It's about 550 miles to Toronto from here and Shane, whom is going with us, is literally on the way there. That's about 22 gallons of gas each way. Gas prices are presently at lowest about $3 versus about $3.40 at their worst along our route. I'm gonna peg an average of about $3.50 a gallon by June to be safe. That puts us at a grand total of about $77 bucks each way. That's under $150 for a round trip. This'll be split at least two ways between Rachel and myself.

This is in comparison to bare minimum $537 per person to fly just from Logan Airport to Toronto.

I'm no mathematician, but if I know anything about which number is bigger than the other number, I'd say it's cheaper to drive than fly by a wide margin if you live under 1,000 miles away. The only real disadvantage is the time you'd spend: just under two hours flying, but around 8-9 driving. That's not taking into account the amount of time it takes to get through the airport outside of actual flight time. Between getting to the airport, baggage check, going through security and any potential runway/flight delays you, it's hard to calculate to an exact.
JON MADE ME GAY

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #180 on: 15 Jan 2008, 18:43 »

By chance is anyone going through Michigan?

I think there's going to be at least one car going through there, and possibly a caravan of some sort coming from Chicago.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #181 on: 15 Jan 2008, 18:56 »

In the time it took to type that you could have sucked enough dick to pay for a first class ticket for all and sundry.

How many dicks do you think that would've taken?
JON MADE ME GAY

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #182 on: 15 Jan 2008, 19:12 »

7, obviously.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #183 on: 15 Jan 2008, 19:19 »

Then Tommy severely overestimates the speed at which I could feasibly suck a cock to any level of satisfaction worth paying for. I mean, shit, it only took me like ten minutes to research, calculate and type that post.
JON MADE ME GAY

mooface

« Reply #184 on: 16 Jan 2008, 05:32 »

Also MaiAda: Would it be a Terrible Thing for us to drive out to Oklahoma City and pick up Something Witty? It is like 11 hours out, which is how long it takes to get to Chicago straight from Atlanta anyway, and he said he'd drive the rest of the way to Chi-town.
Also I think if yes we should make it a proper road trip. We can bring tents, and/or I've got AAA so I get discounted rates at Super 8s and Comfort Inns and such. What day were you getting into Charlotte?

uh, well, it depends on how much it would cost!  it's about $450 for me to fly from charlotte to toronto, and it's $200 for me to fly from charlotte to atlanta.  so if gas/lodgings end up costing more than $200 then it would make more sense for me to just fly (although a road trip could be fun).

i'm going to be arriving in charlotte sometime in mid-may.  let me know what days you plan on setting out/coming back and i will get my plane tickets for atlanta.

Something Witty

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • All roads lead to WAAAGH!
« Reply #185 on: 16 Jan 2008, 07:59 »

It would add approximately zero dollars because I throw in $100 for the gas and drive up to toronto while you two slept, alternately drive up to chicago and get a room for the night or something, which I would throw in for 1/3 of.
I see angels on Ariels in leather and chrome, Swooping down from heaven to carry me home.

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #186 on: 16 Jan 2008, 09:42 »

Depending on the price of the shitty hotel and the local competition, AAA discounts mean it will be up to like $20 off the listed price for one room. Assuming this is in Chicago, I guess that means it'll be between $50 and $70 for a night, split between us.

Also does anyone else favour the idea of a hostel in Toronto? I mean, I realise that more likely than not we will all end up passed out drunk on strangers' front stoops, but it would be nice to have somewhere to deposit our shit, don't you think?

pen

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #187 on: 16 Jan 2008, 09:51 »

A hostel seems most logical since they're really cheap.  From the links Yelley gave us, it looks like it's only about $25-$30 per night per person depending on which one we go to. 
Cross-dressing national monuments are always exciting.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #188 on: 16 Jan 2008, 09:51 »

A hostel is not a place to deposit your shit. A hostel is a place to cling to your backpack tenaciously all night, and then bring everything with you every time you leave for the day.

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #189 on: 16 Jan 2008, 09:53 »

If there are a bunch of us and we have a 6 or 8-bed room just for us or whatever, I think we would be ok, wouldn't we? I mean I know nothing about hostels, so maybe not?

mooface

« Reply #190 on: 16 Jan 2008, 10:01 »

i think if we could get enough people, that would be a good idea.

anyways, hostels usually provide a place for you to lock away your stuff.

Something Witty

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • All roads lead to WAAAGH!
« Reply #191 on: 16 Jan 2008, 11:54 »

I'd totally stay at a hostel, I suppose. It's better than sleeping in the car.
I see angels on Ariels in leather and chrome, Swooping down from heaven to carry me home.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #192 on: 16 Jan 2008, 11:57 »

I call top bunk!
JON MADE ME GAY

thepugs

« Reply #193 on: 16 Jan 2008, 12:07 »

Depending on whether or not I am given significant other permission to go, I may or may not be coming.

Also transportation and lodging may be an issue...I'd definitely be somebody's roommate if they're looking.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #194 on: 16 Jan 2008, 12:44 »

Is anyone interested in booking a room in a hostel? If we get a room (mixed would be cool), we can try to get one to ourselves. The ones I'm looking at offer personal lockers and the prices are pretty good. I personally have no preference if I room with girls or guys, as long as they are Fun PeopleTM. (I'm thinking this place.)
« Last Edit: 16 Jan 2008, 12:53 by Linds »

pen

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #195 on: 16 Jan 2008, 12:54 »

I'd definitely be willing to book a room in a hostel.  I'd just need more money.  One that I looked at with 6 beds for 6 people for 3 nights came to about $600.  I'd be willing to coordinate it if I knew who would be crashing in my room and I had money for each person.  Right now, it's me, Jon and Shane.  Any other takers? 
Cross-dressing national monuments are always exciting.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #196 on: 16 Jan 2008, 13:02 »

Wow, ok, the one I linked is less than $100 for three days (for one person). I would love to room with you guys, and there's a choice of having a 6 bed mixed room for $28 a night and they charge $10 a night for parking, which you have to contact them about to reserve a space.
« Last Edit: 16 Jan 2008, 13:41 by Linds »

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #197 on: 16 Jan 2008, 13:12 »

Couldn't tell you where the $600 thing is coming from. As I recall, that's the place Rachel showed me in the first place that she was interested in.

A few big details I'm seeing on their site:

Full beds: In reference to most hostels, I'd want my own bed due to the small size of beds. Full beds, though? I figure Rachel and I would be sharing a bed, meaning we'd have extra room.

Between her, Shane and myself, that leaves us with room for another four people in the room. I don't know if you're coming up with anyone else, but I figure a six bed mixed room between Linds, Mai, Katie, Matt, Shane, Rachel and myself would be pretty effectively bitchin' and it'd only be $56 a person.

I like this idea. Quite a bit.
JON MADE ME GAY

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #198 on: 16 Jan 2008, 13:16 »

I looked at booking for 6 people in a 6 people room and it came out to $529.04, so maybe that's where it came from? But this divided by 6 people is very reasonable.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #199 on: 16 Jan 2008, 13:23 »

Entirely. Plus, in terms of $600, Rachel was probably taking the exchange rate into account. Note that these prices are probably in Canadian dollars. I'm pretty much sold on this idea where I was previously still unsure of going to Tronno. I'm going to try and call this weekend to inquire about the idea.

Also of note: I just realized that this will, in point of fact, be the single hottest room in all of Canada. Envy us.
JON MADE ME GAY
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 31   Go Up