THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Apr 2024, 00:46
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 31   Go Down

Author Topic: tronnocon is serious business / yelley loves you  (Read 277892 times)

valley_parade

• coprophage
Re: tronnocon is serious business / yelley loves you
« Reply #250 on: 18 Jan 2008, 09:10 »

Crazy!

They'll do anything to boost population up there.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #251 on: 18 Jan 2008, 09:10 »

Yes. And basically you should get your passports NOW. If you wait, since they take a while to arrive and more people will be getting them the closer it gets to spring, they may not arrive on time.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Something Witty

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • All roads lead to WAAAGH!
« Reply #252 on: 18 Jan 2008, 18:32 »

I was told, at the passport office today, that the rush was over and it was 6-10 weeks to get a passport. The reason there was a "rush" is is because before dec 31 2006 you did not need a passport to travel between Mexico/US and USA/Canada. So, all during 2007 everyone needed a passport who had never needed one to go north/south. Also, you DO need a passport to get INTO Canada.

edit: Can we get a definitive list of how many people can commit to going at this point? I'm rather curious.
« Last Edit: 18 Jan 2008, 18:55 by Something Witty »
I see angels on Ariels in leather and chrome, Swooping down from heaven to carry me home.

Tyler

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • SKULLTOPUS
« Reply #253 on: 18 Jan 2008, 19:57 »

I'm only going if I can sleep with one of you. I'm not really picky.
Quote from: Lunchbox
It is not wussy. There are orifices being assaulted all over the shop.

calenlass

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • queefcicle!
« Reply #254 on: 18 Jan 2008, 20:00 »

Veep is looking for some action. Just a heads up.
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #255 on: 19 Jan 2008, 04:25 »

Does this apply only to the dudes? I need to know for... my friend.
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

Verergoca

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #256 on: 19 Jan 2008, 04:58 »

You mean Calendude?
Quote from: Dr. Sidney Freeman
Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

IronOxide

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #257 on: 19 Jan 2008, 06:00 »

Tommy's just trying to keep all the ladies for himself!

We know what you're doing.
Quote from: Wikipedia on Elephant Polo
No matches have been played since February 2007, however, when an elephant, protesting a bad call by the referee, went on a rampage during a game, injuring two players and destroying the Spanish team's minibus

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #258 on: 19 Jan 2008, 06:15 »

You mean Calendude?

Yeah that guy.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #259 on: 19 Jan 2008, 06:36 »

If it's Tyler, sure.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

0bsessions

• Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #260 on: 19 Jan 2008, 09:56 »

This is to all the guys going - You're not getting laid unless you go out to a bar and convince a native to share your abode.

Shit, man. I wish someone'd told me that before. I don't know if I wanna go anymore if this means Rachel's not going to put out.

If it's Tyler, sure.

Damn. I see how it is, Shane. Cold.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #261 on: 19 Jan 2008, 10:29 »

Yeah, I expect to have intercourse in Toronto about as much as I expect Christ to descend from on high and anoint me Pope Supreme.

If someone would share a hotel room in chastity with me, I'd appreciate a PM. I'm probably actually going for around a week, from the 18th to the 23rd. (Just to be clear - is the 23rd the day we all leave or the last day we spend in Toronto?) If not, I'll go in on a hostel with folks.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #262 on: 19 Jan 2008, 11:06 »

Leaving depends on who you're talking to. Shane, Rachel and I will be leaving the night of Thursday the nineteenth/morning of Friday the twentieth and are planning to arrive sometime around elevenish AM on Friday. We'll be staying at the hostel Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights and leaving sometime on Monday the twenty-third, but not too late as Rachel and I both will have work on Tuesday. I believe Katie, Mai and Matt are planning to stay another day or two beyond that, but arriving around the same time as us.

If you're  interested in the hostel, let me know. We'll probably end up with another full room, at the least.

Also, folks, it's looking like time to potentially get more organized. Looks like whoever I talked to at the hostel wasn't getting my wording, six is NOT the limit. The room we've booked, according to Rachel's correspondence with them, is two full beds and four twins. Rachel and I have obviously claimed one full bed to share and all the other beds are taken. We might also be squeezing Katie's friend Kyle in there with us (Rachel E-Mailed them back to ask about it) if we can add him on to the deposit.

Aside from that, here's a tentative list of folks I've spoken with who might need lodging:

To my knowledge, the following are probably going and need lodging, but I have not spoken with them personally:

MBeran Matt, Liz (Missconceptions, whose status I'm unsure of since her carpool appears to have dried up) and Oli. If you guys could get in touch one way or the other so I can determine who's in need, that'd be cool.

Bryan (Storm Rider) has expressed interest in going, but would need a passport and has a few other obstacles. The situation is ongiong.

From there, we've got a group of probables who've professed interest in the hostel:

Steven (Ackblom and his fiance probably), Phil (Boro_Bandito), Jordan (Ozymandias) and Malorie (cupcakeonastick).

Beyond that are complete unknowns to me. Tommy mentioned that Ruyi, Pete and Drick might be coming, but I've not spoken with any of them and am unaware of their potential lodging.

That puts us at, by my count, an additional 9 people possible for the hostel. I've also brought up the idea with my younger brother and he said he'd be very interested in getting involved (He's twenty-one and cool shit, only a bit more of a twat than I am). I'd lay heavy odds that we're clear to get people involved for a second room with potential for setting up a third at some point.

Note: After having spoken with someone at the hostel, they've told me they have seventeen total rooms and are a relatively small place overall. We've booked one as it is and I'm not sure how long the place'll stay free. Looking online, it's very highly rated and apparently quite popular, so if you'd like to get in on it, I'd recommend acting ASAP. As before, I'd appreciate people who are 100% going and are interested in the hostel PMing me to let me know so we can get an official headcount for a second room. From there those involved can pick someone to rely on to book the room (The deposit for seven people for three nights came to $64). We're at the getting serious point now and I'd ask that only people seriously interested folks ask to reserve a spot for them, as someone will have to put money down to book it and I don't want to see someone get fucked over. Pretty soon, I'd like to hand this off to the folks who need lodging themselves, though.
JON MADE ME GAY

Something Witty

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #263 on: 19 Jan 2008, 11:22 »

As far as I know, Katie and Mai are rolling out of Atlanta on the 18th, when they get to my doorstep 10-11 hours later, I'll jump in the driver's seat and shoot for Chicago, where depending on what times it is and how we all feel we might catch a hotel. If I've driven all night, one of the other people in the car might want to take over and drive on to the border, but either way we should hit toronto sometime ont he 19th, probly the afternoon. It is, afterall, a 19-20 hour drive from Oklahoma City to Toronto.
« Last Edit: 19 Jan 2008, 11:24 by Something Witty »
I see angels on Ariels in leather and chrome, Swooping down from heaven to carry me home.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #264 on: 19 Jan 2008, 15:41 »

The way I'm looking for buses is to leave on the 19th in the PM and arrive on the 20th sometime in the AM. The one I'm aiming for leaves around 10-11 and arrives around 9-10 in the morning and I'll have to sort out how to get from the bus station to downtown later.

If someone wants company on their drive however (if I had a car that could make the trip, I'd drive, but alas I don't) and are relatively close to where I live, like the northeastern midwest area, PM me. I can take a bus/fly out to you instead. Long trips alone are boring.

littlelove

• Plantmonster
« Reply #265 on: 19 Jan 2008, 16:42 »

*if* I go to tronn, I will be driving, and staying at somewhere cheap.

do we have any fun things planned? aka things that involve not going to any bars, seeing as how I am underage and stuff.

Something Witty

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #266 on: 19 Jan 2008, 16:52 »

I'm not aware that there is a plan. Plans are just a list of things to go wrong as far as I'm concerned.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #267 on: 19 Jan 2008, 17:21 »

MBeran Matt, Liz (Missconceptions, whose status I'm unsure of since her carpool appears to have dried up) and Oli. If you guys could get in touch one way or the other so I can determine who's in need, that'd be cool.

My attendance hinges on being able to carpool with someone. I can't recall for sure, but I think we have someone from Minneapolis here, so if they wanted to go that would work. I really don't want to drive to Chicago by myself to catch a ride with the carpool there.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #268 on: 19 Jan 2008, 17:33 »

Are you coming from Fargo? If you want someone to ride with you and/or help drive, I can if wherever your start point is isn't to expensive to get to.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #269 on: 19 Jan 2008, 17:43 »

Yep, I'm in Fargo. I would love someone to drive with from here, but Minneapolis/St. Paul work work fine as well. It's only four hours by myself instead off ten to Chicago from here.
Liz is touching me.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #270 on: 19 Jan 2008, 18:03 »

Boo, cheapest flights are the same as flying to Toronto, and the bus to get to Minneapolis costs the same as going straight to Toronto, but twice as much travel time. :( But if you can't find another to carpool with and this decides whether or not you're going to go, I will head out to Minneapolis/St. Paul, because you should come if you can! I'm not going to buy tickets for my bus for a while and we all still have some time to figure things out.
« Last Edit: 19 Jan 2008, 18:36 by Linds »

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #271 on: 19 Jan 2008, 19:01 »

That would be absolutely fantastic. Here is the other option that I came up with:

To drive by myself from Fargo to Chicago (and back again at the end) will probably cost about $150 for gas. I looked up the fares to catch the Amtrak train, and round-trip there is $166. So if I can't get a carpool, that would be an option. The only thing with that is the only times available would have me getting to Chicago at four or so on the 19th (Thursday) and leaving two or so on the 24th (Tuesday). So I would need to crash with one of you Chicago people for a bit.

Of course, that would equal a lot of time on the train, which is not cool, so I would rather drive for a quicker trip. Also driving with subsequent carpooling results in the splitting of gas costs, which also helps.
Liz is touching me.

Something Witty

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #272 on: 19 Jan 2008, 19:04 »

I think the carpool(Katie, Mai, Katie's Meatspace friend and myself.) I'm in is full, if it's the chicago one you're referring to.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #273 on: 19 Jan 2008, 20:10 »

Uh so um it is really looking like I will be coming to this. Flights and stuff will be organised this week maybe?

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #274 on: 19 Jan 2008, 20:30 »

Ohmigod lunchy! LUNCHY YOU ARE COMING TO TRONNO

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #275 on: 19 Jan 2008, 20:34 »

Guys, if Lunchy is coming, that means Tronno is officially made of pure, unadulterated win.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #276 on: 19 Jan 2008, 20:35 »

Awesome.

That would be absolutely fantastic. Here is the other option that I came up with:

stuff

I totally forgot about trains. I can definitely take a train to Chicago, be in Chicago around 10am (so I can do some driving to let you sleep some more if needed) and leaving before 6pm on the 24th. Helping you out with gas, this costs me pretty much the same as taking a bus straight up to Toronto. Then you wouldn't have to take a train at all!

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #277 on: 19 Jan 2008, 20:37 »

There are a whole bunch of things to do during the day that will not involve drinking!

Like what?

Furthermore, there will be opportunity for *ahem* responsible and supervised drinking in other venues such as hotels and the like.

Is this like what we did in Edinburgh? Because like, you are responsible and an adult, right? That was fun.

Something Witty

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #278 on: 19 Jan 2008, 22:15 »

I guess if Lunchy is coming I can't claim longest commute anymore(Excluding Katie and Mai who are going to be on the road for some 30 hours).

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #279 on: 19 Jan 2008, 22:29 »

Guys guys. Don't get too excited. The moment I set foot in Tronno I will probably be abducted by Tommy, my boyfriend will be 'taken care of' and nobody will ever see me again.

ruyi

• Beyoncé
« Reply #280 on: 19 Jan 2008, 22:59 »

i think i can probably come, and i like the idea of a hostel, but i cannot be certain for a few months so i don't want to confirm that. perhaps i will end up staying in a hotel. they're not so expensive, you know! example: $190.40 for two nights with two queen-sized beds, meaning each person would be paying $47.60 per night. perhaps a good alternative for people who won't be able to book that far in advance.

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #281 on: 19 Jan 2008, 23:35 »

Not if I get to you first, Lunchy!

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #282 on: 19 Jan 2008, 23:58 »

Guys where the crap is Gryff? Is he coming? I would like him to come as well because we've got Lunchy (and maybe Harry?) so they can carpool across the ocean or something.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #283 on: 20 Jan 2008, 00:10 »

i think i can probably come, and i like the idea of a hostel, but i cannot be certain for a few months so i don't want to confirm that. perhaps i will end up staying in a hotel. they're not so expensive, you know! example: $190.40 for two nights with two queen-sized beds, meaning each person would be paying $47.60 per night. perhaps a good alternative for people who won't be able to book that far in advance.

Where are you looking that you managed to find a hotel with two queen-sized beds for under a hundred dollars per night?
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

ruyi

• Beyoncé
« Reply #284 on: 20 Jan 2008, 00:33 »

http://www.super8downtowntoronto.com/ (with reviews here.)

unfortunately they seem to only offer discounts for 2 or 3 night stays.

Tyler

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • SKULLTOPUS
« Reply #285 on: 20 Jan 2008, 01:01 »

So it seems whether I am going depend on A) whether I have enough cash for this after Coachella and B) whether I am in transit to Ireland or not.

If I do go, my birthday is the 20th, and I will be mighty disappointed if there is not cake. MIGHTY DISAPPOINTED.
Quote from: Lunchbox
It is not wussy. There are orifices being assaulted all over the shop.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #286 on: 20 Jan 2008, 01:20 »

I'll have you know I'm a regular baking machine. I will provide some delicious cake for you.

What is your favorite kind? I will try and perfect it by the summer.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #287 on: 20 Jan 2008, 03:04 »

What is your favorite position? I will try and perfect it by the summer.

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #288 on: 20 Jan 2008, 03:20 »

nooooo :(

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #289 on: 20 Jan 2008, 04:32 »

Guys where the crap is Gryff? Is he coming? I would like him to come as well because we've got Lunchy (and maybe Harry?) so they can carpool across the ocean or something.

Australians don't carpool across oceans, Jimmy Slicko.

Okay here's the deal. I intend to go on a three-week holiday to the U.K. (to see family) and Finland (to see snow) some time in the next couple of months. It was going to be in March, but circumstances have meant that it will have to be in April now instead. Basically I (A) want a holiday, and (B) really really really need to get some decent cold weather into me because summer and shitty Melbourne winters are driving me insane. It's unfortunate that I won't be able to get up there until spring, but if I have to go all the way to the Arctic just to get some cold into me then, so help me, that's what I'm gonna do.

None of this has any bearing on any of you, except that any visit by me to Toronto will be dependent on me being able to save up enough money between April and June to buy a ticket and pay for accomodation. This shouldn't be an too problematic, however I cannot guarantee anything at this stage, and probably won't be able to do so for at least another couple of months. Going to Toronto instead of the U.K./Finland is not an option, because of the aforementioned strong desire for cold weather, and the loopy back-to-front seasons you have in the northern hemisphere that means June will be the middle of summer.

Even if it is just a Canadian summer.

So . . . mebbe, mebbe not? Don't anybody count me into your plans just yet.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #290 on: 20 Jan 2008, 06:05 »

This is to all the guys going - You're not getting laid unless you go out to a bar and convince a native to share your abode.

Shit, man. I wish someone'd told me that before. I don't know if I wanna go anymore if this means Rachel's not going to put out.

If it's Tyler, sure.

Damn. I see how it is, Shane. Cold.

You're a sexy bitch and all, but the way Tyler ate that cupcake..oh man.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #291 on: 20 Jan 2008, 08:29 »

Sorry! It is seriously out of my hands. I really, really wanted this to happen but circumstances have made it impossible.

Please send me the money you were planning on spending so I can just take a goddamn plane and be done with it.
Liz is touching me.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #292 on: 20 Jan 2008, 08:38 »

*if* I go to tronn, I will be driving, and staying at somewhere cheap.

do we have any fun things planned? aka things that involve not going to any bars, seeing as how I am underage and stuff.

Wiffleball and zombie fun are planned!

(if FC Toronto are home, I want to go)
« Last Edit: 20 Jan 2008, 08:43 by valley_parade »

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #293 on: 20 Jan 2008, 09:13 »

I think the zoo and karaoke were mentioned on the facebook thingy, as well as shopping for those who wanted to do so. (I am definitely up for the first two and maybe the last, depending on just how awesome I become at saving money.)

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #294 on: 20 Jan 2008, 09:16 »

As I said before..you'll have to get me circus drunk to sing karaoke.

(does the zoo have penguins? I'm in for sure if so)

(It seems the zoo does not have penguins. We'll have to bring our own.)
« Last Edit: 20 Jan 2008, 09:23 by valley_parade »

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #295 on: 20 Jan 2008, 09:30 »

Oh, so now you're too good for us. I see how it is.
Liz is touching me.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #296 on: 20 Jan 2008, 09:37 »

As I said before..you'll have to get me circus drunk to sing karaoke.

(It seems the zoo does not have penguins. We'll have to bring our own.)

You're legal up there, so this can happen if need be.

(I will just have to kidnap some from the aquarium here. Apparently they've got this pet a penguin thing, which will make it easier for me to just keep one in my coat.)

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #297 on: 20 Jan 2008, 12:02 »

At least we're going to the zoo, I wonder if its better than the one here on B'more, or Houston, both of which suck and don't have penguins either so it doesn't seem like this zoo is earning any points so far. But I digress.

I am definitely, 100% going. The tickets are as good as purchased (because they aren't actually purchased yet, but they will be from a more reliable source of income than my own within the week) and seeing as this hostel option is the cheapest I can think of anywhere I'm not backing out on it now.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #298 on: 20 Jan 2008, 15:36 »

Okay, shit-dicks, that's four people definitive for a second room (Ackblom's definite, his fiance is 99%, Phil and Katie's meatspace friend).

Any more takers? Two more people and we can try and get this one rolling.
JON MADE ME GAY

Something Witty

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #299 on: 20 Jan 2008, 18:09 »

CRUCIAL UPDATES: Lunchy needs to bring timtams for everyone to canada.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 31   Go Up