THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 30 Apr 2024, 00:53
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Triple J Hottest 100 '07  (Read 9020 times)

Phaedra

• Larger than most fish
Re: Triple J Hottest 100 '07
« Reply #50 on: 30 Jan 2008, 18:05 »

Re: the Muscles argument - this is possibly a mondegreen but I can hear him singing "we snort ecstasy" on one of his tracks. This makes my head hurt and I really do hope I'm wrong about it.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #51 on: 30 Jan 2008, 22:00 »

He repeatedly chants Peace, Love, Ecstasy in one song so it might not be a mondegreen.

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down
« Reply #52 on: 30 Jan 2008, 23:29 »

Also is it just me or do almost all the people that call into Triple J have some form of mental deficiency/illness? Or are they just really really stoned?

Yeah I used to call into JJJ all the time back in the day.

Also, JJJ does need to worry about ratings, because they're government funded and the government would pull the plug if it thought it wasn't getting enough listeners. Luckily, they do what they do very well which is to balance the hipper shit out with the stuff that might be more popular amongst the more culturally isolated people living way out in rural areas. If you really think JJJ should play more interesting music listen to 4ZZZ, RRR or whatever your local equivalent is.
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

FireAarro

• Curry sauce
  • Cold Lemmin' With Flava
« Reply #53 on: 31 Jan 2008, 01:08 »

He repeatedly chants Peace, Love, Ecstasy in one song so it might not be a mondegreen.

It could be a mondegreen on that line...

I'm pretty sure he doesn't sing "we snort ecstacy" in any of his songs.

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down
« Reply #54 on: 31 Jan 2008, 01:09 »

Yeah thats definately the lyric you're mishearing. On the upside, I know what the name of that song is now in case I want to request it at work.
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

gardenhead_

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • we live as we dream; alone
« Reply #55 on: 31 Jan 2008, 01:23 »

Also is it just me or do almost all the people that call into Triple J have some form of mental deficiency/illness? Or are they just really really stoned?

Yeah I used to call into JJJ all the time back in the day.

Also, JJJ does need to worry about ratings, because they're government funded and the government would pull the plug if it thought it wasn't getting enough listeners. Luckily, they do what they do very well which is to balance the hipper shit out with the stuff that might be more popular amongst the more culturally isolated people living way out in rural areas. If you really think JJJ should play more interesting music listen to 4ZZZ, RRR or whatever your local equivalent is.
I don't have a local radio station. Triple J is the only station I can get where I live other than ABC. They do do a pretty good job balancing, yeah, but whatever, the Mediafire thread here has all the music I need.
Quote from: Midnight Umbreon
You guys are all such douches.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up