Neither like nor dislike
- 8 (4.3%)
Somewhat dislike
- 16 (8.7%)
Strongly dislike
- 7 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Do you like Faye, as a character?  (Read 122624 times)

Scruffy

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • The Janitor
Re: Do you like Faye, as a character?
« Reply #100 on: 13 Feb 2008, 09:09 »

* I think QC is so good that it's only a matter of time til someone in big media picks it up and it becomes the next big thing.  But Shhh!!! Don't jinx it by talking about it. :wink:

I wonder how it'd work as a live action tv show. Err.. never mind, lets pretend we never thought about it okay?
I doubt TV producers would really make it right ya know.

OnewingedAngel

« Reply #101 on: 13 Feb 2008, 10:49 »

I thought they did that already. It was some obscure show....Friends maybe? :P

Scruffy

• The Janitor
« Reply #102 on: 13 Feb 2008, 11:01 »

Really, you can't compare Friends with QC.  Ugh, just imagine a 30 y/o playing Martin.

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • oh hi
« Reply #103 on: 13 Feb 2008, 11:06 »

Hahahahahahaha.   Haha.  Ha.

Oh, youth.

"Never trust anyone over the age of 30, man."
Man, this thread really makes me want to suck some cock.

tomart

• Curry sauce
  • tactile telemetry nexus
« Reply #104 on: 13 Feb 2008, 11:48 »

Yeah, "Friends" comparisons are inevitable.
And also yeah, you can't trust tv to do it right.
Irresponsible Adult GOM

Doug S. Machina

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #105 on: 13 Feb 2008, 12:10 »

Oh, youth.

I assume what Scruffy meant was the way people in TV and films are played by people much older than their characters, sometimes absurdly so. Still, your reply reminds me of the line from Swimming With Sharks "If you're not a rebel by 20 you've got no heart, and if you're not establishment by 30 you've got no brain."

Yeah, "Friends" comparisons are inevitable.
And also yeah, you can't trust tv to do it right.

Yep, QC would absolutely be turned into Friends, and it would suck like The Whirlpool Of Death. This forum would turn into a seething pool of hatred for the actors, writers and network.

That was a bit pessimistic...

Man, if I was the sort of person who quoted things like that in my signature, I'd quote that it my signature.

OnewingedAngel

« Reply #106 on: 13 Feb 2008, 12:22 »

And by 'pessimistic' you actually mean 'highly accurate'?

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #107 on: 13 Feb 2008, 12:45 »

I assume what Scruffy meant was the way people in TV and films are played by people much older than their characters,

1.  Isn't Marten supposed to be like 25?

2.  I am 32 and people usually assume I am about 22 based on appearance and personality and hobbies.

Just because people age does not mean they have to get old.

sometimes absurdly so. Still, your reply reminds me of the line from Swimming With Sharks "If you're not a rebel by 20 you've got no heart, and if you're not establishment by 30 you've got no brain."

What does being "establishment" mean?  Do you have to stop playing guitar in rock bands when you turn 30?  Are you no longer allowed to buy albums by new artists?

I just know, and have known, far too many people who never stop living "the life".  It depresses me that there is any assumption that it is "normal" to settle down at any point in one's life.

Doug S. Machina

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #108 on: 13 Feb 2008, 13:05 »

I assume what Scruffy meant was the way people in TV and films are played by people much older than their characters,

1.  Isn't Marten supposed to be like 25?

2.  I am 32 and people usually assume I am about 22 based on appearance and personality and hobbies.

Just because people age does not mean they have to get old.

Fair points.

What does being "establishment" mean?  Do you have to stop playing guitar in rock bands when you turn 30?  Are you no longer allowed to buy albums by new artists?

Yes, that's pretty much it. Knuckle down to career and family. Take up the guitar in your late thirties and you must be having a crisis.
I've heard that people largely stop buying new music when they reach their thirties, and just buy compilations of what they liked already. For instance, my father stopped listening to new music in 1977, the year I was born (I think that's cause and effect.) On the other hand, the customers who are keeping the music chains alive (in the UK, at least) are "50 quid Man"; mostly male, old enough (and advanced enough in their careers) to have the cash to spend fifty pounds a week on new and old music.

I just know, and have known, far too many people who never stop living "the life".  It depresses me that there is any assumption that it is "normal" to settle down at any point in one's life.

True. I've met several too, and I'm not about to really fit the mold either. Though in my case I'd say it's more idleness than non-conformity.
« Last Edit: 13 Feb 2008, 13:44 by Doug S. Machina »
Man, if I was the sort of person who quoted things like that in my signature, I'd quote that it my signature.

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #109 on: 13 Feb 2008, 13:57 »

I've heard that people largely stop buying new music when they reach their thirties

Maybe people in general, but not music fans in general.  What I mean is, people who are really excited by music and explore lots of different kinds of it when they're 20 are likely to never stop that process.  In fact, I listen to more "new" artists than most younger people I know.  It's not really a function of age, it's more to do with how you approach music period.

rainnsreinn

« Reply #110 on: 15 Feb 2008, 08:42 »

I really like Faye. I see many of her traits in myself and while I don't like some of those traits, it's interesting that those traits have been shown in a positive light. Sure, Faye has issues, but she's handled what's been put her way with relative grace and came out of it alive. Faye isn't always shown as snarky and mean. She's also been shown as protective and loyal to her friends, which is admirable considering Dora and Marten's relationship.
I hope to see Faye heal.

Scruffy

• The Janitor
« Reply #111 on: 15 Feb 2008, 08:53 »

Oh, youth.

Wow, geeze. Figure it out.  Actors portray children at the age of 30.  It's a joke man, grow up.

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #112 on: 15 Feb 2008, 09:01 »

It's a joke man

Not a very good one, then.  "Can you imagine a 30 year old playing a 25 year old??"  No, I'm honestly not seeing how that qualifies as a joke.

Scruffy

• The Janitor
« Reply #113 on: 15 Feb 2008, 10:38 »

I'm still hoping your kidding and your not serious.  :mrgreen:
In the 80' and 90s, 30 year olds portrayed 16-18 y/os on crappy sitcoms and dramas, which everyone thought were awesome :P  People like me thought it was rediculous.

You know, ha ha.  Funny?

/Well anyway, didn't mean to upset you, but I consider the matter closed.  If you don't get the joke, thats fine, but no need to get angry.
« Last Edit: 15 Feb 2008, 10:42 by Scruffy »

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #114 on: 15 Feb 2008, 10:49 »

I know all that, I was just saying that Marten is in his mid-20s, not 16-18, so I did not see how it made sense to connect someone being 30 playing him and someone who is 30 playing a teenager.

Scruffy

• The Janitor
« Reply #115 on: 15 Feb 2008, 10:56 »

I know all that, I was just saying that Marten is in his mid-20s, not 16-18, so I did not see how it made sense to connect someone being 30 playing him and someone who is 30 playing a teenager.

Ah, okay. Makes sense.  I guess I never really thought about how old Martin was.  I just assumed he was younger. 

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #116 on: 17 Feb 2008, 21:12 »

In the spirit of this forum, I'd like to say yes; yes, I do like Faye.

However, if she gets 'cured' by one smooch and a possible lay, I will turn on her like a weasel sprayed with WD40.
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

fatbottomedgirl

« Reply #117 on: 17 Feb 2008, 23:24 »

Howdy people.  First time poster.  I love Faye.  Most of the characters go up and down in their personal draw throughout the series.  I can see the truth behind how she's a third wheel in the conversations recently.  Hopefully, that's because Jeph knows how to write a love triangle.  Sometimes, it's awkward and you feel kind of like an unnecessary limb.  As she finds her footing, she'll reassert herself! 

I hope!   :laugh:

Naoko

« Reply #118 on: 18 Feb 2008, 01:54 »

I used to absolutely adore Faye, but I had to change my opinion of her exactly two comics ago. (As in, the kiss.)

I'm running out of female characters to like. I never liked Dora much, and now Faye decides to go and be stupid... Penelope is nice, but she can be sort of bitchy at times, and Raven is cute, but the pink-and-black-emo-clueless thing is kind of annoying. I like the hobo boyfriend that can play awesome stuff on the guitar though, so points for her for finding a Canadian boyfriend. I thought that was pretty cool. As for Hanners, everyone loves Hanners. Also, the chick that Steve started to date is pretty cool, too.

I've lost a lot of respect for Faye in the past two strips, though. Especially with the sex one. She was my favourite, and I'm really disappointed now.

Strike Reyhi

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #119 on: 18 Feb 2008, 06:38 »

Oh no she decided to push some bounderies and be happy what a horrid bitch.

idiolect

« Reply #120 on: 18 Feb 2008, 07:44 »

I don't see why you all seem to think the thing with Sven is "her being stupid."  We hear about his philandering past, but he's treated her nothing but graciously the entire time.  Also, it makes absolute sense that she'd go for him and not Marten earlier -- When you're insecure about sex, you don't want to be with another person who is also insecure about sex.  All you get out of that is one big insecure awkward implosion.  They would have been *terrible* for each other.  I like them both, they're both cute and it was fun to watch their (incredibly awkward) crush, but seriously guys, it would have been a huge mess.  Sven, on the other hand, is comfortable with his sexuality and can show Faye what she doesn't have and so desperately needs in this arena -- confidence.  On the other hand, *she* has something *he* needs, which is someone he actually respects and cares about to be with.  Through each other, they can explore key aspects of their previous love lives that had been distinctly lacking, and I think that could be a really good thing for both of them. 

Also, against all you Sven naysayers, I think he's amusing and actually a nice guy (*gasp!* Guys can be nice and have slept with a bunch of people?  Crazy, I know) and personally I would've chosen him as well for the same reasons listed above.

innermoppet

• Call me El Conquistador
    • Profoundly Shallow
« Reply #121 on: 18 Feb 2008, 07:57 »

I don't see why you all seem to think the thing with Sven is "her being stupid."  We hear about his philandering past, but he's treated her nothing but graciously the entire time.  Also, it makes absolute sense that she'd go for him and not Marten earlier -- When you're insecure about sex, you don't want to be with another person who is also insecure about sex. 

Word to everything you said. I think Sven is a typical college guy, banging em and leaving em but he's been called on it. He doesn't seem like an awful guy, but a person who has made some really poor choices and hurt some people. As though anyone on these boards (or anywhere else) has never made a poor choice, or used someone, or been a coward about their behavior. I don't think he'd be a smart choice for Faye, as far as relationships go, but I don't care that she wanted and got a little nookie from him. Its not stupid, its just sex. 

Theres a lot of sexism that crops up when a girl takes control of her own body. I dont think Faye was ready for a relationship, which is what she would have had with Martin, but she was surely ready for a little physcial intimacy.
Sam: So let me get this straight. You want to drive all the way to Cicero just to hook up with some random chick?
Dean: She was a yoga teacher. That was the bendiest weekend of my life!

-Supernatural-

idiolect

« Reply #122 on: 18 Feb 2008, 08:14 »

I dont think Faye was ready for a relationship, which is what she would have had with Martin, but she was surely ready for a little physcial intimacy.

I don't know, she might even be ready for a relationship, just not A RELATIONSHIP, if you know what I mean.  I can't say I blame her.  OMGRELATIONSHIPS kind of suck a lot of the time.  She doesn't need someone to swoop in and try to help her fix all of her problems, especially since that would never even work anyway.  She needs someone to just be normal with her, and treat her like a normal human being.

The gF

« Reply #123 on: 18 Feb 2008, 08:26 »

And you know, I feel like maybe Sven can really be the one to do that for her.  Yes, this will be turbulent, but this could be really good for both of them.

And that makes for good comics. :D

Vanguard

• Not quite a lurker
  • Cynical Bastard
    • Mind of Madness
« Reply #124 on: 18 Feb 2008, 08:40 »

I do not like her. Too abusive. A random suicidal dad is no excuse.
If they pull the "it's just a game" card on you,
Stab them in the eye with a rusty fork.
Nothing can beat the rusty fork rebuttal.
Except maybe bullets.
And cake.

The gF

« Reply #125 on: 18 Feb 2008, 08:50 »

You are aware that people who are messed up in the head due to post-traumatic stress disorder don't have full control over their emotions and suffer from low self-control?

Vanguard

• Not quite a lurker
  • Cynical Bastard
    • Mind of Madness
« Reply #126 on: 18 Feb 2008, 08:55 »

Maybe not full control but after a few years you'd think "gee, I should do something about this."
Ignoring a problem and hoping it goes away does not work. not in 5 years. Not in 20.

My own dad tried this, it doesn't work. He's able to admit that now, at least.
Except maybe bullets.
And cake.

The gF

« Reply #127 on: 18 Feb 2008, 09:01 »

You don't seem to realize that it's also not that easy to just get over it after 3 years, not after 5 years, not after 20 years.  No, she hasn't been taking the proper steps to continue her rehabilitation.  She's afraid of it, and that's all part of the PTSD.  It is a long and extremely difficult process, and most people never fully recover.

Vanguard

• Not quite a lurker
  • Cynical Bastard
    • Mind of Madness
« Reply #128 on: 18 Feb 2008, 09:05 »

No, she hasn't been taking the proper steps to continue her rehabilitation. 

And there we have it.
Except maybe bullets.
And cake.

idiolect

« Reply #129 on: 18 Feb 2008, 09:08 »

Aside from all that, how is she "too abusive"?  So she's a little standoffish and crossing that CLEARLY DEFINED line might result in some punchings.  It's not like she's really hurting or manipulating people.

Vanguard

• Not quite a lurker
  • Cynical Bastard
    • Mind of Madness
« Reply #130 on: 18 Feb 2008, 09:12 »

It's a personal thing. As I am in real life, I like people less if they punch me even if it's in jest. Faye to me is nothing more that a memorable bully.
Except maybe bullets.
And cake.

idiolect

« Reply #131 on: 18 Feb 2008, 09:40 »

She doesn't really attack, though.  All of her so-called bullying is usually on the defensive.

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #132 on: 18 Feb 2008, 09:47 »

It's not like she's really hurting or manipulating people.

Uh...

Maybe you should qualify that with "consciously" or "on purpose"?

The gF

« Reply #133 on: 18 Feb 2008, 09:49 »

You're far too black-and-white on the matter.  She's taking the proper steps toward rehabilitation now, but she can't just reconcile all her problems like you seem to want her to.  She moved up north to get away from the stuff that reminded her of her father, and that could have well been a positive step.  But it's unreasonable for you to expect her to be normal.  She's aggressive because she's defensive and scared.

Vanguard

• Not quite a lurker
  • Cynical Bastard
    • Mind of Madness
« Reply #134 on: 18 Feb 2008, 10:05 »

She's aggressive because she's defensive and scared.

I smells a contradiction. Pick one! Jesus...
It all sounds like excuses to me, really.

"I'm sick, I can't control these punchings!"
"The punchings are defensive, even though punchings are obviously an aggressive action!"
Except maybe bullets.
And cake.

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #135 on: 18 Feb 2008, 10:19 »

Vanguard, that's the best signature I've ever seen.
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

The gF

« Reply #136 on: 18 Feb 2008, 10:20 »

You can easily be scared and defensive at the same time.  I really think you're looking at this out of context.

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #137 on: 18 Feb 2008, 10:30 »

Uh, I think he meant that you can't be defensive and aggressive at the same time.

innermoppet

• Profoundly Shallow
« Reply #138 on: 18 Feb 2008, 11:36 »

I don't know, she might even be ready for a relationship, just not A RELATIONSHIP, if you know what I mean.  I can't say I blame her.  OMGRELATIONSHIPS kind of suck a lot of the time.  She doesn't need someone to swoop in and try to help her fix all of her problems, especially since that would never even work anyway.  She needs someone to just be normal with her, and treat her like a normal human being.

I totally get what you are saying, but I personally don't think Faye NEEDS a relationship right now at all. She is just at the very early stages of conquering some big demons. The fact that she was indeed drinking when she is in therapy over her binge drinking, indicates that she is impulsive and self-destructive. Maybe the Sven thing indicates this as well, but because I identify with Faye, I want it to be a postive step towards reclaiming her feelings about men. Her feelings about her dad are so messy and confusing that I think she isn't anywhere near ready for the messy and confusing parts of a relationship. But thats just me.

Mostly I remember my six years of self imposed celibacy after a horribly emotionally damaging breakup. I became so paranoid and afraid of sex and relationships that I couldn't even go on a date. When I finally kissed someone again (and had sex again), it was like an awakening. I had been scared for so long, that being intimate with someone that I wasnt in love with, allowed me to be open to the idea that love or a relationship could actually occur. I hope this can do the same for Faye.

Basically I'm just projecting a lot of my own feelings on a comic character with really cute hair. My opinion is no more valid than anyone elses.
Sam: So let me get this straight. You want to drive all the way to Cicero just to hook up with some random chick?

-Supernatural-

numbvox

• Plantmonster
  • Elmo is gay.
« Reply #139 on: 18 Feb 2008, 12:51 »

I used to like Faye.

You know, before she became a slut.

...don't worry folks, just trying to make a little double-standard joke here - I still love Faye.

BoisterousFanboy

« Reply #140 on: 19 Feb 2008, 13:22 »

I like Faye as a character in the comic strip but I don't personally like her. I find her to be bitchy, self-involved, and sociopathic. I can't remember her doing anything nice for Marten or Dora beyond a few small gestures. I understand she's been through some rough times but she needs to take more personal responbility for her life and her actions.

I like that we're seeing her work on herself so maybe this is the start of Faye conquering her issues. She has become a bit of a one-trick pony though and all of the characters (besides Sven) walk on egg shells for fear of upsetting or angering her. Gimmie a break. Sven wacks her with a rolled up magazine. That's tough love right there. Marten and Dora are too patient with her and too quick to pat her on the back and say "there there it's gonna be okay" when she's in a mood. They're too enabling and so she hasn't really changed much over the course of the strip except for a few brief moments of awareness that she's a bitch.

I feel bad for what she's been through but she was an adult when her father comitted suicide. I can't imagine how that must have felt and what that must have been like but she wasn't a young, emotionally developing child. She was 18+ and she should have been able to process and deal with it better.

But even if can't then she needs to take charge of her life and she's doing that with the therapy and the exercising. She's still bitchy but maybe this thing with Sven will calm her down a bit/make her more likeable.

I'm excited to see what happens next.

The gF

« Reply #141 on: 19 Feb 2008, 15:16 »

I like Faye as a character in the comic strip but I don't personally like her. I find her to be bitchy, self-involved, and sociopathic. I can't remember her doing anything nice for Marten or Dora beyond a few small gestures. I understand she's been through some rough times but she needs to take more personal responbility for her life and her actions.

I like that we're seeing her work on herself so maybe this is the start of Faye conquering her issues. She has become a bit of a one-trick pony though and all of the characters (besides Sven) walk on egg shells for fear of upsetting or angering her. Gimmie a break. Sven wacks her with a rolled up magazine. That's tough love right there. Marten and Dora are too patient with her and too quick to pat her on the back and say "there there it's gonna be okay" when she's in a mood. They're too enabling and so she hasn't really changed much over the course of the strip except for a few brief moments of awareness that she's a bitch.

I feel bad for what she's been through but she was an adult when her father comitted suicide. I can't imagine how that must have felt and what that must have been like but she wasn't a young, emotionally developing child. She was 18+ and she should have been able to process and deal with it better.

But even if can't then she needs to take charge of her life and she's doing that with the therapy and the exercising. She's still bitchy but maybe this thing with Sven will calm her down a bit/make her more likeable.

More adults are struck by PTSD than children, by an enormous margin.  The one person she loved most in her life shot himself in front of her and she never had the opportunity to reconcile or understand what happened.  We see the trauma.

She had a complete nervous breakdown and nearly died as a result of it.  We see more post-traumatic stress.  And more trauma.  Which probably compounded the PTSD she already had later on.  Just because she was an adult did not make her any better equipped to handle it.  What about all the guys who came back from Vietnam crazy due to PTSD?  That wasn't just physical trauma, there.  That was caused by the horrifying things they saw and experienced.  And they were adults, too.

kthx.
« Last Edit: 19 Feb 2008, 15:20 by The gF »

Vanguard

• Not quite a lurker
  • Cynical Bastard
    • Mind of Madness
« Reply #142 on: 19 Feb 2008, 17:34 »

Vanguard, that's the best signature I've ever seen.
Thank you. Made it up myself. Might have been inspired by something but it's original enough that I can say it's my own.
Except maybe bullets.
And cake.

mrjoegangles

• Emoticontraindication
  • My other internet is a convertible
« Reply #143 on: 19 Feb 2008, 18:00 »

Do I like Faye as a character?  Yep, shes funny, snarky, rude, and honest.
Would I want to hang out with her?  Heck no, she sounds like a female version of me.... And I can barely stand myself.

Faye is by far the reason I started reading this strip.  I mean, one can only watch Marten get his ass slapped around for so long.
And Pintsize is only good in small doeses.  As he previously mentioned, he might have already jumped the shark.
Ravens too ditzy for more then three continuous comics.  PenPen, is too boring.
Hanners and Dora rock.
And while I can do without Steve.... I do need monthly doeses of his sideburns.

-Insert witty and/or memorable quote here-

Vanguard

• Not quite a lurker
  • Cynical Bastard
    • Mind of Madness
« Reply #144 on: 19 Feb 2008, 18:14 »

I read this comic for Marten's early adulthood and it's trials. Everyone else to me are side-characters.

After all, Martin was starred in the first comic ever.
Except maybe bullets.
And cake.

BoisterousFanboy

« Reply #145 on: 19 Feb 2008, 19:28 »

More adults are struck by PTSD than children, by an enormous margin.  The one person she loved most in her life shot himself in front of her and she never had the opportunity to reconcile or understand what happened.  We see the trauma.

She had a complete nervous breakdown and nearly died as a result of it.  We see more post-traumatic stress.  And more trauma.  Which probably compounded the PTSD she already had later on.  Just because she was an adult did not make her any better equipped to handle it.  What about all the guys who came back from Vietnam crazy due to PTSD?  That wasn't just physical trauma, there.  That was caused by the horrifying things they saw and experienced.  And they were adults, too.

kthx.

I knew when I made that comment someone was going to take issue with it  :-)

I agree with some of what you're saying. I don't know if we can compare this to Vietnam but I see what you're saying and you're right. All I'm saying is that Faye has abandonment/trust/closeness issues and those typically stem from loss or abandonment that occurs during early childhood when the brain and emotional centers are still developing. I say typically because theres exceptions to every rule. And if she has trouble trusting people due to witnessing her father's suicide that's understandable. But the typical psychology would also mandate that she'd be hyper-attracted to abandoning people. She's been through some therapy but it apparently was only enough to make her semi-functional and it's a good thing that she's starting it up again.

I'm just saying that some of the basic psychology seems a bit off but I'm sure a lot of that is due to creative license and/or things we haven't learned yet. Either way I think it's a sign of a well-developed story and character that we all talk about it this much, it shows we think about the strip in a lot more detail then your average slap gag comic.

innermoppet

• Profoundly Shallow
« Reply #146 on: 20 Feb 2008, 14:08 »

I don't know of a single human being in real life, who could just "deal with" their father shooting himself in front of them. I disagree that with the idea that she was not a developing child. 18 is not a magic number that suddenly makes us able to comprehend and deal with life maturely. I work with college students and can assure you, that even at 20 and 21, there are very few of them that would be equipped to handle something so traumatic in a balanced mature way.

I also think that its long been proven that age doesn't make you mature and that the ability to deal with drama, as well as trauma, is more of a character trait than an age trait. Many grown people are self destructive, self involved and crippled by fear and pain. Their age is irrelevent. What matters is how capable they are at dealing with the things they are handed.

-Supernatural-

thecait

« Reply #147 on: 20 Feb 2008, 14:57 »

I love Faye.  She's always been my favorite character.  I don't get it when people prefer Dora over Faye (like my best friend, who's a guy).  Faye's sassful.  In some ways there was a little more to her when she was all, "I do not speak in contractions except when trashed because I am trying to over-come my Southern roots and I have major issues because my dad committed suicide," but getting all of that out into the story moved things along...I don't think she's diminished, just changed.  As all people do. *shrugs*

the-artful-dodger-rodger

• Furry furrier
« Reply #148 on: 20 Feb 2008, 17:19 »

how about the reason Faye, most of time, smiles is when she has just insalted or inflicted pain on somebody. that one of many reason I dont like as a character.
Do I listen to pop music because I'm miserable or am I miserable because listen to pop music?
- John Cusack

LizziL

• Larger than most fish
  • 'This thing came out of our cat...'
« Reply #149 on: 20 Feb 2008, 20:59 »

So... Love Faye, don't like Dora. Well, I DO like Dora sometimes, but not as a couple with Martin. She's an interesting character, but... Not with Martin.
Never has someone explained it EXACTLY the way I feel about it. I can't stand the way Dora and Marten got together, and ugh...I just hate how both of them completely disregarded her feelings and hooked up. I mean, in QC time it was fast, and in real time, when I re-read the comics (which I often do when I'm bored), it's insanely fast. Not fair for poor Faye, who I completely love.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up