THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 08:33
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cloverfield: Review [Spoilers!]  (Read 2096 times)

Bearer

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • The Corgi Commands Awesome
Cloverfield: Review [Spoilers!]
« on: 18 Jan 2008, 00:02 »

Again, this contains Spoilers!  Don't read if this offends you...

So, ok, just got back from seeing Cloverfield opening night kilt-clad, and all I can say is, WTF.

Apparently J.J. Abrams just likes to mess with our head...a lot.  I swear to god, the movie could have ended with the "LOST" logo flying towards us out of the monster's ass.  Actually, not even 1 minute into the film, we had the Darhma Logo thrown at us.  Yes, I'm not joking, it's true.  Is the Monster the work of Lost's Darhma Initiative?  Perhaps Cloverfield is what happens while Jack and the rest of those over-complicated writers' blocks are out digging plot holes on the beach (or are they plot hatches now?)

Anyway, after seeing this movie, all I can say is, Blair Witch.  It was the Blair Witch Project wrapped up in a Godzilla costume.  Now, I loved the Blair Witch Project, and I definitely enjoyed this movie.  Cloverfield grabs you and doesn't let go.  It was one of the most intense movies I've ever seen.  It rocked, and then...

...Nothing.  Like the Blair Witch Project, it just ends.  Quite abruptly.  We don't know what happens or anything.  Not to mention the fact that NOTHING about Slusho!, Tagurato, or the TIDO Wave were at all mentioned (save for a Slusho! T-shirt worn by a main character).  I was hoping for some sort of explanation on these matters, but I guess that's what the internet's for. 

Now there's the monster.  I can't even describe it, so I won't, but yes, you do get to see it up close and, unfortunately, it's not a giant Lion.  The monster does not disappoint, at all.  Agiain, it's what I went to see the movie for, and I was happy with the outcome!

Overall, I liked the movie, a lot!  I would totaly see it again, but not for the ending.  The ending, just to warn you, just ends.  Nothing left, leaving you, dare I say it, Lost.  Go see it, now.
Therefore, I cast aside my useless dick-broom, and I let the ocean come.

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
Re: Cloverfield: Review [Spoilers!]
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jan 2008, 11:55 »

Nice review, Gene Phallic! Haha but seriously, nice job, but this could have gone in the Cloverfield thread.
Hate, rain on me
Pages: [1]   Go Up