THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 04:56
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Xbox 360 HD  (Read 5183 times)

simplename9

• Plantmonster
Xbox 360 HD
« on: 19 Jan 2008, 19:51 »

So I just got a shiny new HD t.v. to go with my Xbox 360 but I'm already having problems. The thing is when i have all 5 of the cables plugged in and the t.v. on the HD input (i think its called CV1) it works just fine, but when i switch the Xbox cable to HD mode the screen just gets static and the picture disappears. Any help?

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer
Re: Xbox 360 HD
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jan 2008, 20:29 »

You're gonna have to make a little more sense than that.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

thepugs

« Reply #2 on: 20 Jan 2008, 15:19 »

There are multiple possibilities for hooking up your 360.  There is composite (yellow video, red and white audio), component (RGB video, also called YPbPr, with HV cables as well), and there is an HDMI port on most new models of 360.

Apparently in component mode, you are having no problem, but when trying to hook it up with an HDMI cable it isn't working?

First thing is make sure you are on the right TV setting.  Most TVs have multiple HDMI inputs, so ensure that you are on the right one.
Second thing, make sure you don't have any other valid input connected to the TV; ie, don't have the 5 component cables connected while your HDMI is connected.  It may not send the signal through both outputs.

If you could be a little more clear about exactly what kinds of cables you're plugging in where; I'm just guessing that what I said is the problem you're having.

simplename9

• Plantmonster
« Reply #3 on: 21 Jan 2008, 07:35 »

Ok ill try to be a little more specific.
 I have the component cables all plugged in, i don't have an HDMI even if i wanted to try that. I have the tv on the right setting because  every other input just leaves me with a blank screen whereas CV1 has a trace of something. But the cable has a switch to change it over from Standard def to high def and when i flip that switch over all i get is static. So it works just fine when all the component cables are in, just not when its on high def mode.
« Last Edit: 21 Jan 2008, 07:39 by simplename9 »

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #4 on: 21 Jan 2008, 08:13 »

It sounds like you don't have a high-def tv.  That's what happens to me when I flick the HD switch on my non-HD tvs.  You might have Progressive Scan, which is sometimes marketed as HD, but it's not.  What kind of TV is it?
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

simplename9

• Plantmonster
« Reply #5 on: 21 Jan 2008, 09:11 »

Copied and pasted directly from the site its a

Digital widescreen flat TV 19" and it says that it's HD both on the site and the front of the t.v.

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #6 on: 21 Jan 2008, 09:38 »

A link would help marvelously, actually.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #7 on: 21 Jan 2008, 11:11 »

You might have Progressive Scan, which is sometimes marketed as HD, but it's not.

For serious, you might not actually have an HDTV.

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #8 on: 21 Jan 2008, 11:26 »

Make sure you aren't flipping the switch while the Xbox is on, turn it off first, switch it, then try it. I say this because its what i did wrong, and I'm thinking because its an obvious thing to try that you may not have been doing it correctly.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

Dissy

• The German Chancellory building
  • The only asshole in the internets
« Reply #9 on: 21 Jan 2008, 14:57 »

Okay, here is what you do:

1. Turn off TV & XBOX.
2. Unplug the yellow cable, only.
3. Flip switch to HDTV.
4. Turn on TV & XBOX.
5. Look at screen.  If image appears, skip to Step Eleven, if not, continue to Step Six.
6. Repeat Step One.
7. Unplug the Component plugs, ie, gray plugs with red, green, blue bands around the top.
8. Plug in yellow plug.
9. Flip switch to TV.
10. Repeat Steps Four and Five.
11. Play your games.

This was the same quesion I got everysingle day while working for the evil, hated retailer Best Buy.

Quote from: Tommy on Gabbly
i'm not paying for your boob jon
Quote from: Darryl
I fuck at typos
Quote from: Squiddy
but you haven't sig quoted me yet kevin
Quote from: Darryl on meebo
9 inches is pathetic by today's standard

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #10 on: 21 Jan 2008, 15:05 »

Wow, I'm sorry. I've worked at Wal-Mart, Circuit City, Target, a cell phone kiosk at the mall and a Nextel/T-Mobile dealer as far as the retail sector goes (Not even counting office jobs and a pizza place) and none of them, not one fucking job I've ever had, was so fucking awful as working at Best Buy. Their management is incompetent, their policies are ridiculous and they overall do not seem to give a shit about the customers. I've had horrible experience with them as both employee and customer. Circuit City has been good to me as both, so there was a period of time where I wouldn't step foot in a Best Buy. Unfortunately, their current stranglehold on the market makes that tough. The only T accessible Circuit City I know of is in a very sketchy neighborhood, while there's at least three Best Buys I can get to easily.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

Dissy

• The German Chancellory building
  • The only asshole in the internets
« Reply #11 on: 21 Jan 2008, 15:43 »

Best Buy really sucks.  Ditto with the experiences.  I avoid sending them my money wehnever possible.

I had an asshat for a manager who tried to fire me for telling a family that TVs can catch on fire.  Thankfully I got out of there without getting fired.
Quote from: Tommy on Gabbly
i'm not paying for your boob jon
Quote from: Darryl
I fuck at typos
Quote from: Squiddy
but you haven't sig quoted me yet kevin
Quote from: Darryl on meebo
9 inches is pathetic by today's standard

simplename9

• Plantmonster
« Reply #12 on: 22 Jan 2008, 04:06 »

Sorry for bringing up bad memories, but thanks for the help. Ill go give that a try.

Plus the link for anyone who asked : http://www.consumer.philips.com/consumer/en/us/consumer/cc/_productid_19PFL5402D_27_US_CONSUMER/digital-widescreen-flat-TV+19PFL5402D-27

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #13 on: 22 Jan 2008, 08:23 »

Yeah, try what bandito said, it's an HDTV.  I play my 360 through a computer monitor (VGA), so I don't have to deal with the switch.

simplename9

• Plantmonster
« Reply #14 on: 23 Jan 2008, 03:54 »

Ok. Thanks for the help everyone.

Teh Geek Lord

• Furry furrier
  • Well, that didn't go as planned
« Reply #15 on: 23 Jan 2008, 08:32 »

I have to agree with the others, it sounds as if that tv of yours was labeled in a misleading way, you might be screwed, if you can return, get yourself a computer monitor (much cheaper, but you sacrifice size) and use that... That's what I do (360 elite on a 22" acer wide screen" no issues there...other than having to manually switch between the computer and the xbox as I have sli enabled leaving my only one DVI port to use...

an xbox techie I am not, sorry I can't help any further, has the same issues with a 27" flat panel that was labeled as hd capable, but not real hd... :| it was a Pioneer flat panel, and I suppose it was not hd as it was taken off the discount racks at the evil best buy (lord, forgive me for I have sinned)  guess I got screwed by the evil empire...

dennis

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • A sockful of quarters makes the medicine go down.
    • Lies! Truth!
« Reply #16 on: 08 Feb 2008, 00:22 »

So I just got a shiny new HD t.v. to go with my Xbox 360 but I'm already having problems. The thing is when i have all 5 of the cables plugged in and the t.v. on the HD input (i think its called CV1) it works just fine, but when i switch the Xbox cable to HD mode the screen just gets static and the picture disappears. Any help?

Make sure everything's switched off.

Make sure you're not plugging anything else into AV1 on your television set. You should only have the green, red, and blue component cables plugged in to their respective ports and the red and white if you're using your TV for audio. Make sure the yellow cable stays unplugged.

Also, make sure you're not confusing green for blue. They look pretty much the same in the dark behind a TV set.

Turn the switch on the Xbox end of teh connector to HDTV and plug it into your Xbox, making sure it's well seated.

Turn on your television and switch inputs to AV1.

Turn on your Xbox. Wait.

Your television should autodetect the signal and adjust itself. Once you get a picture, make sure to select the best HDTV settings for your television from the setup menu on the Xbox (in your case, I recommend 720p, intermediate).

If you're still having problems, you could have a bad cable, bad Xbox, or bad television. Most likely, it's just a bad cable. If you have anything else that outputs component video (DVD player possibly), try that to rule out your TV set.

You might try getting an Xbox VGA cable ($40USD) and using that. Your TV has a VGA port and it should look just as good. Try to avoid the third-party cables as they are notoriously poor quality.
Pages: [1]   Go Up