THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 20 Apr 2024, 00:48
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canadian Beer  (Read 22258 times)

KITTENS!!!

Re: Canadian Beer
« Reply #50 on: 01 Mar 2008, 15:21 »

Yuengling's pretty okay. Other than that I'll stick to Sam Adams (all of their brews have their own good points). American beer is usually a letdown after you develop a taste for the imports.

catbhn21

« Reply #51 on: 02 Mar 2008, 08:36 »

I'm from Pennsylvania. Yuengling is pretty much the half-decent college kid beer. Like, all right let's splurge for something one step above Natural Light and PBR... I can't understand people thinking of Yuengling as a seriously good beer. I will never fathom it. I went to a bar in Brooklyn and everyone was drinking Yuengling and it was so odd...so very odd...especially given how good the Brooklyn stuff is.

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #52 on: 08 Mar 2008, 09:38 »

Just finished a bottle of Rogue Brutal Bitter - nice brew.  for other fine Rogue products see this sitehttp://www.rogue.com/brews.html
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

Z2.

« Reply #53 on: 09 Mar 2008, 20:05 »

Labatt is Canadian Budweiser.  When I lived in Toronto I never drank that shit.

I think I pretty much only drank Red Stripe at bars there.  Red Stripe... mmmm.

I live on the other side of the world (literally) so I am not an expert of Canadian beers, but the few Labatt brand beers I have tried have been streaks ahead of the old Bud's I have tried (kinda reminds me of the Mexican Dos Equus joke about it takes two horse to make...), they were at least a small step above the Bud range.

I am more of an ale and bitters person, so it is good to see Labatt does Bass Pale Ale as one if its runs.

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #54 on: 14 Mar 2008, 11:01 »

Labatt's IPA is not so good - Keith's is much better.

For an interesting craft brew try Beau's Lagered Ale.  Brewed just down the Highway in Van Kleek Hill, it is a decent brew - organic for those who care.  It comes in a very nice 750 ml stoneware bottle with a pop top similar to those found on Grolsch bottles.  This tyoe of stopper lets you pour out a glass, replace the stopper, put the beer back in the fridge and get another glass in a couple of hours with no loss of carbonation (tested that out myself last night). 

Try it, you know you want to.
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up