THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 11:38
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: UPDATED: Jewthulhu  (Read 21088 times)

Amadeus

UPDATED: Jewthulhu
« on: 26 Jan 2008, 16:08 »

I have a piece I made, and I'd like to post it, but it deals with a touchy subject, even if it is in a comedic tone, racism. While it's not actually intended as racist, and is more a parody of the stereotypes forsted by ignorance and paranoia, and nothing overly offensive, I figured I was better safe than sorry. Would posting it here be alright?
« Last Edit: 28 Jan 2008, 22:11 by Amadeus »

Amadeus

Re: A question related to art
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jan 2008, 16:13 »

Wait, wrong section. Man, I must be out of it today, sorry.

Chrasstor

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • ?Four dollars and x amount of cents
« Reply #2 on: 28 Jan 2008, 00:56 »

I wouldn't worry about it.

Post first, worry later. Why? Fuck'um, that's why.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #3 on: 28 Jan 2008, 08:20 »

If it's a piece and you made it, how does it not fit into this section? I mean, if it's a drawing, you could put it in the drawing section if you wanted to, but it easily fits here as well. And if you want feedback, feel free to go ahead and post it, even if it is touchy. I doubt it'd start a commotion.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

morganbatchava

Re: UPDATED: Jewthulhu
« Reply #4 on: 29 Jan 2008, 22:31 »

I am a jew who happens to love cthulu, and i endorse this

Runs_With_Scissors

• FIGHT YOU
  • Cockslayer!
    • My blog :)
« Reply #5 on: 30 Jan 2008, 07:47 »

That's surprisingly good.

But yeah, does go in Comics and Drawing.
I'm the fucking Han Solo of forum politics.

Amadeus

« Reply #6 on: 30 Jan 2008, 09:57 »

Should I repost it there, then, or wait for a mod to move it?

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #7 on: 30 Jan 2008, 17:06 »

A mod will move it. No need to repost.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #8 on: 31 Jan 2008, 01:22 »

It's like a terrible racist joke without the joke bit.

Amadeus

« Reply #9 on: 31 Jan 2008, 09:01 »

It's like a terrible racist joke without the joke bit.
Hahahahahahahahahahaha, get it? You're being a dick and it's so darn humorous. Ah, you are quite a card.

öde

« Reply #10 on: 31 Jan 2008, 09:15 »

Wait, draw Shub Niggurath stealing a stereo while wearing a cap backwards and diamond encrusted medallion.
« Last Edit: 31 Jan 2008, 09:16 by öde »

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #11 on: 31 Jan 2008, 14:19 »

I'm glad to see I was not the only person offended. I thought I was just being overly sensitive.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Amadeus

« Reply #12 on: 31 Jan 2008, 14:44 »

Art is subjective. Whatever. Deleted.

Sorry if it offended you guys, but I'd be lying if I said that was the response of the majority who viewed it. In my personal opinion, there's nothing wrong with it, but I am sorry some take offense to it. It's not worth keeping it up.
« Last Edit: 31 Jan 2008, 14:46 by Amadeus »

ampersandwitch

• The Tickler
  • cuntstruck
« Reply #13 on: 31 Jan 2008, 16:32 »

Art

Okay dude if you say so

Amadeus

« Reply #14 on: 31 Jan 2008, 18:55 »

Art

Okay dude if you say so
Alright, we get it. You didn't approve of it. I deleted it. I'm sorry, it is art, whether you appreciate it, hate it, enjoy it, or despise it. There are things I don't like, movies, etc., that would still be considered art. I don't get a bone in my ass about it, though.

Could this be locked, you know, anytime soon? There's not really anything more to be said.

Amadeus

« Reply #15 on: 31 Jan 2008, 19:26 »

Look, I wanted to post to say that I'm sorry I was being kind of harsh. While I understand not everyone thinks the same things are funny, and not everyone will like my art, it still genuinely hurts my feelings sometimes, and I got more defensive than I should of. I'm sorry. "Internets is serious business" and all that. I shouldn't take it so seriously.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #16 on: 31 Jan 2008, 19:34 »

Well, to be fair, you did ask for permission first and noone objected, so I'd say your post was fair game. I didn't care much for it, but you were in your right to post it.

Exactly.

Plus the fact that it was art(whether you say so or not, or if people disagree with that. Whatevs). Art offends. Not everyone is going to be happy with a work of art. Edvard Munch, painter of The Scream, offended so many people with his work. People are still, to this day, offended by classic nudes. I mean, I realize the difference(Munch's art offended people because it showed sick people, and wasn't all pretty[I think], and this is offencive because of racist stereotypes.), but still, art offends.

I don't think you needed to take it down. I mean, you posted it, and people are obviously going to express their opinions on it. Some may like it, and some may be offended. You're going to experience good and bad reviews any time you display your art. You are going to have to get used to that.

Amadeus

« Reply #17 on: 31 Jan 2008, 20:39 »

I agree. I'm kind of new to posting art online, and it's been a learning experience, this. It really makes you feel... exposed, if that makes sense. I pour a lot into my work, and I took it too seriously. I'll repost it in the proper area, drawings and all, later, but I'll reflect on it for the moment.

Like you said, I do need to get used to it. I posted some fanart in the fanart thread, if you guys would like to see my regular, not controversial stuff.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
« Reply #18 on: 02 Feb 2008, 08:36 »

I came here expecting Jewthulu and what do I find? Whining!

Whatever this picture was, I doubt it was going to burn down a synagogue. Lemme see.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

Amadeus

« Reply #19 on: 02 Feb 2008, 22:56 »

I came here expecting Jewthulu and what do I find? Whining!

Whatever this picture was, I doubt it was going to burn down a synagogue. Lemme see.
Fair enough.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
« Reply #20 on: 03 Feb 2008, 01:07 »

Anti-climax.
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #21 on: 03 Feb 2008, 09:19 »

I expected him to be holding a bag of gold from all the carrying on in this thread.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #22 on: 03 Feb 2008, 16:50 »

I can see why some would be offended though honestly that is not that bad in terms of racism, I'm really not sure what the message is (if there is one, maybe you're just bad at being anti-semitic?). To be honest though it doesn't look like that much time or effort went into it. I guess I expected something more such as background or just extra content. For what it is it's pretty good I guess, better than I could do anyway. Keep it up!
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Amadeus

« Reply #23 on: 03 Feb 2008, 17:51 »

I can see why some would be offended though honestly that is not that bad in terms of racism, I'm really not sure what the message is (if there is one, maybe you're just bad at being anti-semitic?). To be honest though it doesn't look like that much time or effort went into it. I guess I expected something more such as background or just extra content. For what it is it's pretty good I guess, better than I could do anyway. Keep it up!
Thanks. Yeah, I drew it in five minutes, and I've never been great about making backgrounds.

The story behind the pic is that I was raised Jewish for the first part of my life, and that I overheard someone ask one time who the "Jewish God was". I got a kick out of it, and that combined with the demonization of Jews by groups led me to make a joke of it.

MusicScribbles

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • John Milton was a punk rocker.
« Reply #24 on: 10 Feb 2008, 20:05 »

Thumbs up for the effort and making me chuckle at the picture's simple, er...gag?
Quote from: Tommydski
Listen to SLOAN you CUNTS.

firestar27

« Reply #25 on: 11 Feb 2008, 20:31 »

I actually have a hard time seeing why someone would be offended. It seems to me that the people who laugh the most at Jewish jokes are Jews. Did you ever see the 2000 year old man? (Wikipedia it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_Year_Old_Man). It was made a Mel Brooks and Carl Riener, 2 Jews. They were afraid of using the Jewish accent for the 2000 year old man. Not because it would offend Jews, but because non-Jews might take it the wrong way. Their Jewish friends loved it the most. It always seems like it's the Jews who are telling the Jewish jokes.

Amadeus

« Reply #26 on: 11 Feb 2008, 21:06 »

I actually have a hard time seeing why someone would be offended. It seems to me that the people who laugh the most at Jewish jokes are Jews. Did you ever see the 2000 year old man? (Wikipedia it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_Year_Old_Man). It was made a Mel Brooks and Carl Riener, 2 Jews. They were afraid of using the Jewish accent for the 2000 year old man. Not because it would offend Jews, but because non-Jews might take it the wrong way. Their Jewish friends loved it the most. It always seems like it's the Jews who are telling the Jewish jokes.
Well, like I said, I was raised Jewish until I was adopted, so there might be something to that. Haha.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
« Reply #27 on: 11 Feb 2008, 23:48 »

I expected him to be holding a bag of gold from all the carrying on in this thread.

All munching on a christian baby.

öde

« Reply #28 on: 12 Feb 2008, 04:39 »

Hella manipulating world leaders.

pinkpiche

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #29 on: 12 Feb 2008, 05:54 »

I don't get it.
"Yeah, they're always biting my shit you know how that goes"

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
« Reply #30 on: 12 Feb 2008, 08:21 »

Hella manipulating world leaders.

Cold orchestrating the downfall of the white race.

MusicScribbles

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • John Milton was a punk rocker.
« Reply #31 on: 12 Feb 2008, 13:31 »

All making fiddlers get off roofs and lighting candles on fire.
Quote from: Tommydski
Listen to SLOAN you CUNTS.

ampersandwitch

• The Tickler
  • cuntstruck
« Reply #32 on: 12 Feb 2008, 16:00 »

Thanks. Yeah, I drew it in five minutes

Mang why you gettin so worked up then.

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #33 on: 12 Feb 2008, 16:43 »

That was it?  They was barely offensive.  Fuck man, that was as offensive as Halle Berry on Leno.

Amadeus

« Reply #34 on: 12 Feb 2008, 21:54 »

Next time, I'll try harder to offend your sensibilities.  :evil:

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #35 on: 13 Feb 2008, 06:17 »

Well yeah! Looks mate, if you're going to be offensive just say fuck it and be really offensive. In fact, if you don't re-draw Jewthulu busting out of a Catholic Church all stealin' the collection money, making a lewd gesture towards a small child and chasing after a weeping Jesus brandishing three nails I will be pretty disappointed.

And do some fucking background, your skill is too reasonable to not amuse me.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
« Reply #36 on: 13 Feb 2008, 11:19 »

All making fiddlers get off roofs and lighting candles on fire.

All meeting in a graveyard every hundred years with Jewgon and Shub-Hebrewath to orchestrate world finance.

Amadeus

« Reply #37 on: 13 Feb 2008, 12:12 »

Well yeah! Looks mate, if you're going to be offensive just say fuck it and be really offensive. In fact, if you don't re-draw Jewthulu busting out of a Catholic Church all stealin' the collection money, making a lewd gesture towards a small child and chasing after a weeping Jesus brandishing three nails I will be pretty disappointed.

And do some fucking background, your skill is too reasonable to not amuse me.
Heh, I'll take it under consideration.

I'll also consider the background, those are an pain to draw for me. I guess I could always just use photoshop and reuse backgrounds like Flintstones.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #38 on: 13 Feb 2008, 13:30 »

Backgrounds are good for building skill, though, and give dimension. Even a simple background would be fine.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

öde

« Reply #39 on: 14 Feb 2008, 03:52 »

In fact, if you don't re-draw Jewthulu busting out of a Catholic Church all stealin' the collection money, making a lewd gesture towards a small child and chasing after a weeping Jesus brandishing three nails I will be pretty disappointed.

Yesssss.

I was just disappointed with the drawing.

Amadeus

« Reply #40 on: 14 Feb 2008, 12:05 »

Backgrounds are good for building skill, though, and give dimension. Even a simple background would be fine.
Yeah, you're right. In my defense, this actually is the first thing I ever scanned, and I was in a hurry to test it out. I could be a better artist if I didn't rush things, though. I just need practice and patience.

blaha 41

• Larger than most fish
    • I write about things like Steak & Wine Pairings
« Reply #41 on: 13 Mar 2008, 22:10 »

i think jews love jewish jokes because most of them are compliments. I.e., "jews are so smart/rich/powerful that we hate/joke about it!" is the punchline to most jewish jokes, and aside from the nose... and the constant familial guilt if you aren't successful... being jewish is generally pretty great.
Read a book I wrote a book about steak and wine pairings: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005F79NQK
Pages: [1]   Go Up