THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 10:14
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: T-Shirt woes  (Read 29750 times)

Tibbs

T-Shirt woes
« on: 28 Jan 2008, 09:12 »

Hey everybody,

Has anybody received t-shirts recently? I ordered some after the Christmas cutoff (around the 4th December) and no sign yet. I am in the UK, which might affect things, but I was wondering if the shipping was on some kind of hiatus?

I've tried mailing qcmerch, but no luck :(

Really want my monster, library science and heart t-shirts!  :|

Chris

P.S. Apologies if I've put this in the wrong spot - mods/admins please move if there's somewhere better for it to go...
« Last Edit: 28 Jan 2008, 09:33 by Tibbs »

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
Re: T-Shirt woes
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jan 2008, 10:09 »

We're catching up on the December backorders now, so if your order isn't already in the mail it will be shortly.

Thanks for your patience. :)
Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #2 on: 28 Jan 2008, 11:36 »

All the orders are late because Jeph blows the money on hookers and blackjack and then has to find a real job to be able to buy the shirts.

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #3 on: 28 Jan 2008, 15:09 »

Actually I prefer roulette
Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

EvilBonsai

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #4 on: 29 Jan 2008, 02:52 »

Damn...I ordered mine 12/29, so I guess I'll still have a bit of  a wait. I had ordered the 'curvaceous' t for a friends b-day in 2 weeks. Oh, well...I guess I can give it to her on MY bday.

Tibbs

« Reply #5 on: 29 Jan 2008, 07:10 »

Thanks for the update Jeph.

I did send you a couple of emails about it - I could do with you changing the delivery address as I've moved since I sent the order through.

Give me a shout if you need the info again.

Regards,

Chris Tibble

P.S. I'm glad it looks like Marty's staying with Dora - until the next twist at least...

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #6 on: 29 Jan 2008, 07:11 »

Damn...I ordered mine 12/29, so I guess I'll still have a bit of  a wait. I had ordered the 'curvaceous' t for a friends b-day in 2 weeks. Oh, well...I guess I can give it to her on MY bday.

We catch up on backorders pretty fast, and we have just about everything in stock right now. I can't promise for 100% because Cristi knows more about it than me, but it's highly likely your order will arrive by then.

Amadeus

« Reply #7 on: 30 Jan 2008, 14:43 »

We catch up on backorders pretty fast, and we have just about everything in stock right now. I can't promise for 100% because Cristi knows more about it than me, but it's highly likely your order will arrive by then.
*Jeph pulls out whip*
"Make them faster, Cristi, or I'm feeding you to the Roomba"
*whuppah*

sutthery

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #8 on: 10 Feb 2008, 12:06 »

Hey, I was just wondering if there's any updates on the lack of merch... I ordered a sweater and a tee to Canada on December first and I am starting to get a little worried it is going to come:( Has anyone else received anything lately?

EvilBonsai

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #9 on: 12 Feb 2008, 03:59 »

my 2 shirts apparently arrived yesterday; USPS tracking says an attempt was made to deliver it at 4:24am...

TheDoctor

« Reply #10 on: 12 Feb 2008, 10:11 »

Hey,
     I ordered a T and a hoody just before christmas and no sign as off yet i have also emailed twice and no answer to either so can i get an update thanks :)

Have Fun Play Fair

EvilBonsai

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #11 on: 12 Feb 2008, 14:20 »

well, now I'm worried; the usps tracking said an attempt was made AT THE WRONG ZIPCODE and a note was left. No note for me at home. I know the mail came pretty late yesterday, after I left for work, so now I'm waiting to see if they try again today. The email confirmation had the correct address, not sure why the USPS was trying to deliiver to a different zipcode. Hmmm....
Update: just called the usps and they said it SHOULD be at a local post office, which of course closed 30 mins ago. Hopefully I can go pick it up tomorrow.

I knew there was a reason I never use the usps anymore...
« Last Edit: 12 Feb 2008, 14:59 by EvilBonsai »

sutthery

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #12 on: 12 Feb 2008, 19:18 »

boo! I still haven't even got a notification :( it really sucks...

TheDoctor

« Reply #13 on: 14 Feb 2008, 09:32 »

2 more days have past no reply to my emails or this thred c'mon QC we're wanting to be fans but your a business as well and were still customers

sutthery

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #14 on: 14 Feb 2008, 11:43 »

I emailed late last night too, there's been a lot of storms where I live right now so that might be why mine hasn't arrived yet, but still two and a half months is a REALLY long time to wait for something....:(

Pengraffe

• Admin emeritus
  • Emoticontraindication
« Reply #15 on: 14 Feb 2008, 14:19 »

TheDoctor sent Jeph a private message telling him that he got a shipping notification, just at a different address than he was expecting. I am going to see if I can figure out who the nice girl from Canada is so that I can solve her problem now.
HONK HONK, I'm a pengraffe.

janthina

« Reply #16 on: 14 Feb 2008, 19:05 »

2 more days have past no reply to my emails or this thred c'mon QC we're wanting to be fans but your a business as well and were still customers

Agreed.  And here i thought i was planning ahead, ordering a Valentine's Day gift a month ahead of time.  At this point, as there's yet to be a single confirmation email or reply to my questions about the order, i consider it cancelled and expect a refund.  I try to purchase from independent musicians/artists...but the key word here is 'purchase', not 'give a loan'.

Sigh.  Another disappointed customer.  (Although 'customer' is an optimistic term, considering nothing was received from my payment.)

sutthery

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #17 on: 14 Feb 2008, 19:24 »

Hahaha hurray, thanks a lot.

Pengraffe

• Admin emeritus
  • Emoticontraindication
« Reply #18 on: 14 Feb 2008, 23:10 »

Aha! I figured out what happened to yours at least, sutthery. Turns out Paypal had a little hiccup on the 1st of December and only posted some of our orders to our history. I will be fixing that straight away. I generally check our notifications of payment against our Paypal logs but we got so many orders on that day anyway it didn't seem necessary. If you ordered in mid to late January, your order either went out this week or is going out next week when we get a large order from the printer (including the new Bad Decisions shirt).

I would also like to point out that because I am not psychic yet, if I get an email that just says "I ordered a shirt, where is it?" and it is from a name that is a) not real or b) not the name you ordered with OR from an email address that isn't attached to an order that we have, I cannot really help you. Please email me using the email address you used to order OR include it in the email you send.

Things I DO NOT need to identify your order unless I specifically ask for them:

-Credit Card information (I will never ask for this.)
-Transaction ID
-Receipt ID
-your address unless you want to change it

Things I DO need to find your order:

-the name of the person who ordered. If you used your parent's credit card, I need their name as it appears on the card.
-the email address you used to order
-a subject line that does not read "re: notification of payment" because those blend in when I am looking at my email
-a subject line. period. Our email program automatically filters out emails with blank subject lines because it thinks they are spam.

I hope all of these are helpful tips!

« Last Edit: 14 Feb 2008, 23:12 by Pengraffe »

sutthery

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #19 on: 15 Feb 2008, 07:49 »

Sweet! thanks so much, but does this mean I have to wait for it to be sent all over again? It's okay if I do, I know it' pay pals fault, i'm just wondering.

sutthery

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #20 on: 19 Feb 2008, 14:03 »

still haven't heard if I have to wait for it to be printed and sent and everything yet... I'd rally like to know, just so I can know when to expect it...

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #21 on: 25 Feb 2008, 00:50 »

Even a short "got-your-email-and-am-investigating" note would leave me feeling better about my order.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

sutthery

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #22 on: 25 Feb 2008, 12:21 »

I agree i'd like a little update on my order too, you figured out what happened to it, but I still donno when it is going to come or if it's even been sent yet...

Uzeal

« Reply #23 on: 25 Feb 2008, 14:39 »

My parents bought me the Pintsize hoodie for xmas back in October and never received the order. My mom sent a follow-up email to qcmerch and never received a response. I found out about it on the 31st of December and I sent qcmerch an email inquiring about what happened. Cristi wrote me back the same night saying that my mom's email had ended up her the spam folder and said that she would resend another hoodie if I still liked one.  Of course I sent an email back immediately saying Yes!

I've sent two follow-up emails since then and have yet to receive the hoodie, or a response. Can someone please help me out here?

sutthery

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #24 on: 25 Feb 2008, 18:41 »

Wow... that really upsets me, if you still haven't got your pintsize hoodie, chances are i'm never gunna get mine either.. or my tee....

Uzeal

« Reply #25 on: 28 Feb 2008, 01:05 »

Have you heard anything on your end sutthery?

sutthery

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #26 on: 28 Feb 2008, 06:56 »

nope, nothing at all, at this point I figure it's just hopeless, I really would have liked for it to come, since you know I paid for it, but whatever. It really sucks...

Tibbs

« Reply #27 on: 28 Feb 2008, 07:00 »

Still nothing my end either - this is reaching Tiscali levels of poor service...

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #28 on: 28 Feb 2008, 07:17 »

Guys I feel your pain, but try to remember that back when they started making and sending out merch, Jeph and Christi had no idea that it would get this huge. I know I'd find it pretty hard keeping track of all the orders they must get. If you want a shirt immediately, I'd suggest buying one from a shop. If you want a QC shirt, then waiting is part of the game. There are only two of them, not including the polar bears (and have you ever seen the way polar bears type? It'd be quicker to send a message by snail).

Having said that, I can understand why waiting for several months can be frustrating. I was lucky when I ordered mine, I think I picked a quiet time of year because it came very quickly.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Uzeal

« Reply #29 on: 28 Feb 2008, 14:41 »

I understand that there are only two of them, and I have been very patient. Almost 5 months since the purchase date though? All I want is a response with the supposed two tracking numbers so I can do some investigation of my own but I can't even get that.

sutthery

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #30 on: 29 Feb 2008, 06:48 »

yeah agreed, but what really can we do? Not anything really, so we might as well just chill and wait it out, and then when it does come it will have been worth the wait.

thejimshaw

« Reply #31 on: 04 Mar 2008, 16:47 »

Any updates on the February orders (Well on/after February 6th)?

Pengraffe

• Admin emeritus
  • Emoticontraindication
« Reply #32 on: 07 Mar 2008, 02:41 »

Most if not all of you (ok, probably not the February guy since I am packing those today) should have received a shipment notification via the email address that you used to order tonight. Sutthery, I know you definitely did. Guy with the hoodie from October, you too. I spent most of the weekend sifting through several thousand emails matching notification of payment emails to paypal history and our catalog of orders. It was really boring. However, I think that it resolved any possible outstanding orders. (I sure hope so, I don't want to do it again.) Out of the about 55 orders I found from August to December, all but 9 were things I had in stock (and the rest are already ordered from the printer.)

EvilBonsai

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #33 on: 07 Mar 2008, 06:15 »

I got mine a while ago but I'm glad for everyone else on the update.

:mrgreen:

sutthery

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #34 on: 07 Mar 2008, 08:33 »

Hurray! Yeah I did get the email, thanks for straightening things out!

Uzeal

« Reply #35 on: 07 Mar 2008, 10:17 »

My mom sent me an email this morning saying she got a shipment notification! Thank you!!!!!

Digitalvirtuoso

« Reply #36 on: 07 Mar 2008, 12:17 »

Most if not all of you (ok, probably not the February guy since I am packing those today) should have received a shipment notification via the email address that you used to order tonight. Sutthery, I know you definitely did. Guy with the hoodie from October, you too. I spent most of the weekend sifting through several thousand emails matching notification of payment emails to paypal history and our catalog of orders. It was really boring. However, I think that it resolved any possible outstanding orders. (I sure hope so, I don't want to do it again.) Out of the about 55 orders I found from August to December, all but 9 were things I had in stock (and the rest are already ordered from the printer.)

I ordered Jan 23rd.  I've not gotten a shipment notification or an "it is at the printer" notice, should I be worried?

I thought about posting before but neglected to, now that you posted that I'm hoping my order didn't slip through the cracks too.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #37 on: 07 Mar 2008, 16:25 »

A shipment notification, with a tracking number! I am pleased and relieved.

I'm sure it was excruciatingly boring, but it's part of running a business.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #38 on: 11 Mar 2008, 20:38 »

It arrived! And is way cool.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Tibbs

« Reply #39 on: 12 Mar 2008, 15:37 »

Well, just to let you know I sent another email with my details this evening. In order to aid your finding my email I sent it at 18:55 GMT, which works out at 13:55pm Eastern Time (-5) which is where I assume you are.

The name I ordered under which I ordered is Chris Tibble.

I'd much appreciate a response this time.

Many thanks,

Chris

geoffaustin

« Reply #40 on: 13 Mar 2008, 15:53 »

Sorry, I didn't realize this had its own thread (I started one earlier).

I (my friend) never received a T-shirt that I purchased on December 21st.  Could you give me update please?  My name is Geoffrey West. Would you like the transaction ID?

jtshaw

« Reply #41 on: 18 Mar 2008, 01:56 »

Could you perhaps check on my order (jtshaw at gmail.com would be the e-mail address on it, John Shaw the name).  I have my paypal receipt from Feb 15th with the tx id if that is helpful.

Thanks!

MentalInertia

« Reply #42 on: 24 Mar 2008, 05:49 »

AAAH first post... Hey that didn't hurt so much...

I ordered 4 shirts back in december, got my reciept from paypal dec 29th, mailed cristi and got a response asking for my email back in february, then got a whole lotta nothing since then...

Any suggestions? From the thread, I'ma assume pengraffe is cristi and PM the poor girl my details just in case they're still lost in the tubes somehow.

Sorry to pipe up with a down note...

Shinigami84

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #43 on: 25 Mar 2008, 10:59 »

I ordered a t-shirt on February 12 and I haven't received any confirmation or any shipping notification other than from paypal.  I sent an email last Thursday and received no response.  This is really disappointing and frustrating.  The least they could do is send some sort of confirmation and maybe an estimated time of arrival.
« Last Edit: 25 Mar 2008, 11:18 by Shinigami84 »

mezzosopranoak

« Reply #44 on: 27 Mar 2008, 12:59 »

I ordered a shirt in January, and got my Paypal e-mail receipt January 28th. A couple weeks later(February 10th) I e-mailed Cristi, and recieved a reply telling me that orders take 2-4 weeks for delivery. I have not yet received the promised shipping notification or any other confirmation. Should I be worried? I would in any case like an update on what's going on.

The name I ordered under is Amanda Rogers. My e-mail is [email protected].

Exar_Kun

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Me Hawngry!
« Reply #45 on: 27 Mar 2008, 17:09 »

On a related note I saw the Evolution Kills shirt on a LoadingReadyRun sketch called "Format Wars".  My first reaction was: AWESOME!
Red Two: Look at the *size* of that thing!
Red Leader: Cut the chatter Red Two, accelerate to attack speed!

MentalInertia

« Reply #46 on: 08 Apr 2008, 07:19 »

I can't help but notice the echo in here...
                                     'ere...
                   'ere...
ere...

Hello?

MentalInertia

« Reply #47 on: 08 Apr 2008, 10:16 »

Yay!
Replies have been had... Hopefully t-shirts will soon follow.

mezzosopranoak

« Reply #48 on: 13 Apr 2008, 03:29 »

Hey... guys? Is there any way I could get a report on the status of my shirt? In just a few weeks I won't even have this address anymore. I'd like it soon, or I'd like the opportunity to change the address you're sending it to.

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #49 on: 13 Apr 2008, 08:22 »

PayPal been droppin' shit over the past few months, we are working on catching up. Expect some big changes come May-ish as well.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up