THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 13:47
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My medium of choice.  (Read 6399 times)

dudepope

• Not quite a lurker
My medium of choice.
« on: 02 Feb 2008, 08:23 »

First time poster long time lurker, anyway i figured i would post pictures of the art(ish) type things ive worked on. Lately ive been working on things made out of masking tape, heres what ive come up with so far.  Most are made from masking tape and wire, and usualy tin foil or construction paper for some underlying base.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
Re: My medium of choice.
« Reply #1 on: 02 Feb 2008, 08:35 »

I'm already kind of mourning for the point in about six months time when the glue on the tape starts unsticking. I'd suggest painting them with a thin coat of half liquid PVA, half water, if you want them to last.

Otherwise, not bad. The best one is the kitten, because you've used the material to give it some interesting qualities that you couldn't have done with just, say, conventional papier mache.

Now, you've got to decide what you want to say with them!
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

dudepope

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #2 on: 02 Feb 2008, 08:38 »

Its all in the tape really, the robot is about 1 year old now with not pealing, the hand i used a differnt type of masking tape which started pealing in about a week, but ive since found the same brand ive used before and stocked up quite thoughly on it.  But also as an extra precautionary measure im going to seal them, ive just got a bit more finishing work on them i need to do first.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #3 on: 02 Feb 2008, 08:44 »

Oh man, I love the cat and ball.

(*cough* my medium of choice is noise)
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #4 on: 02 Feb 2008, 09:27 »

The kitten and the ball are really great, but the robot makes me smile, too.

What's your reason behind using masking tape?
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #5 on: 02 Feb 2008, 10:24 »

The robot is my favorite, with the little heart inside. Now I feel the need to buy some masking tape and try to be artistic!
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

dudepope

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #6 on: 02 Feb 2008, 20:56 »

What's your reason behind using masking tape?

Im not actually sure why i started using it i started with the robot putting him together and then i was trying to find out what to cover him with so i just kept adding more and more masking tape.  I still have quite a bit of finishing left to do on most of them, the spider and robot im probably going to go back and redo all together.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #7 on: 05 Feb 2008, 08:44 »

How big are these? They all look to be pretty decent sizes. I really like the kitty one. I'm not sure if it was your purpose or not, but I really like the feeling it creates. It's something as innocent as a kitten with a ball and you get that feeling of joy and innocence from it, but then it is made out of tape(and nice effect with the whole visible ripped parts), and doesn't so any emotion. It lacks eyes, and any real distinguishing features, nothing to really show emotion. It's slightly disturbing, I guess would be the word to use*. I really like it.

*I failed at exactly describing this as I wanted to but I am already late for work. So I am going to contemplate this today, and possibly edit my post later.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

dudepope

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #8 on: 05 Feb 2008, 11:41 »

The robot is about 2 1/2 feet or so, the 'kittie'(which was intended as a puppy but defiantly looks like a cat) is only about 5 inches high.  The hand is about my arm lenght(or exactly to be precise) and the spider is about 2 feet wide about 9 or 10 inches high.  I've heard from a lot of people to paint them but what i like about them is the texture and the lack of exact details.

Bibliophile

• Emoticontraindication
  • <:3)~~
« Reply #9 on: 06 Feb 2008, 18:19 »

Actually I was reading through the comments and couldn't understand why they thought it was a cat. It looks like a small puppy to me, because the ears are too big and the tail is too short for a cat. It does have a very short muzzle, but some small breeds of dogs do too.
If television is a babysitter, the internet is a drunk librarian who won't shut up.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #10 on: 06 Feb 2008, 22:44 »

To be honest, I thought it was a puppy when I first saw it, but after a few people called it a kitten, and there were no claims otherwise, I figured I was just wrong.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #11 on: 07 Feb 2008, 08:06 »

My cat had huge ears when he was a kitten. HUGE. That's why I thought that.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:
Pages: [1]   Go Up